• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would you accept Awesome Kong as the Heavyweight Champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sexist ignorant person. How dare you say something like that? It's completely untrue and borders on stupidity. Women are just as good, even better than men at some sports. I cannot believe you have the cheek to say something as ignorant as that. Completely disrespectful. Why don't you go show me how much better you are than Awesome Kong then? No? I didn't think so.

As much as I do beleive that the top male wrestlers are straight up better than the female wrestlers, I was only jokin with my 'men are better at sports' comment and if I hurt yourt feelings, I hearby apologize.

Having said that, who actually wants to see a man versus a woman, if the woman loses the bloke gets labelled a woman beater and if the man loses he gets labelled a pussy (seriously, if angle lost to Kong, his title would be seen as completely worthless).

If Kong won it would make the rest of the knockouts look even worse. Gail Kim has held her own against Kong but do you really feel she could beat Angle, Joe, Christian, Sting etc. I don't and as such if they have Kong beat Angle (or whoever) clean they show her as a dominating force and consequently the rest of the division as crap (which it is far from being)

Finnally, the Knockout title is the same as the equivilent of the heavyweight title and though it may be placed in the mid-card at PPV's it isn't a mid-card title like the IC, US or X-division. If women need more titles (which i'm all for), give them a tag-title (theirs plenty of women tag teams) or a mid-card singles title, use it as an IC style title which can be used to progress the careers of upcoming talent. So far TNA have treated this division brilliantly and its often the best part of the show but if everyone ends up winning the title it'll devalue it so a midcard title would be good, though I think a tag-title would be better.

Smackdown #2 you make no sence. Some what i Agree with him but Awesome Kong should never step into a Man's World,also never go for the TNA World Championship

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Not only do I think that she shouldn't be competing for the title, I don't think she should be competing for the X title either.

1- Spike won't allow them to fight, so it would be a PPV only, so that would mean you would have to take Kong out of the Womens division and take Angle out of main event for at least a month (sorry but Kong v. Angle is not main event)
2- Kong really isn't all that larger than a lot of the men in terms of height and weight
3- Most fans don't know who Kong is, to a casual fan or a WWE fan it would look like a joke
4- If she were to beat Angle, really no other Knockout should come close to beating her

You sexist ignorant person. How dare you say something like that? It's completely untrue and borders on stupidity. Women are just as good, even better than men at some sports. I cannot believe you have the cheek to say something as ignorant as that. Completely disrespectful. Why don't you go show me how much better you are than Awesome Kong then? No? I didn't think so.

Like what field hockey. It's not sexist it's science, you ever seen women's basketball. There's a reason why men's times are faster in track, swimming, scores are lower in golf, they do more physically demanding events in gymnastics, hell we even own ice dancing. C'mon lady you know your in the wrong.

musclature does not indicate talent. there are a lot of guys in wrestling that i guarantee women could make look ridiculously bad in a shoot wrestling match. just because they're smaller doesn't mean worse. any woman in wrestling who's muscular is instantly criticized for being a man eg chyna, beth phoenix, kong, odb.

could i just point out that kurt actually said hed love to have a match with her and would let her beat on him for a while, but would ultimately have to win the match. its all very well asking if the fans would accept her, phenominal talent that she is, but how many of the guys on the roster do you think would be happy with it?

im not sure that certain gys who might be hanging around the title picture would be happy at being passed up for a woman. and also, where do we draw the line? if she can compete for the heavyweight title, what next? gail kim in the x division? odb inth e drinking championship............well maybe not that one.............

and for anyone interested, u can download a podcast of kurt talking about this subject at www.thesun.co.uk............definately worth a listen

Quite possibly the most ******ed idea TNA could possibly have and that's saying something when you look at their track record for ******ed ideas such as James Mitchell and the world knowing what Abyss' dirty secret was but for some reason the police never watched TV so only Mitchell could report the monster for shooting his dad.

i wouldnt have a problem with the top women goin after the x-division title. i'd say the likes of ODB, gail kim and jacqui could cope pretty well against the smaller athletes like sonjay dutt. jacqui has held a mans title before in wwe so why not a similar one in TNA?

The woman is bigger and better than a lot of the main eventers in that buisness anyway. She isn't some overrated piece of shit like Chyna. She has genuine wrestling talent. She has an intimidation factor that the likes of Cage,Angle & Sting don't have.

She couldn't be a long term champion, or a multiple time champion. Nor do I think she could stay in the company after losing the title. But the second TNA tinks she's going to leave the company they should put the title on her. 6 months as champ, she loses then leaves. It would work.

Why not test the water with a Kong/Angle feud. If the fans don't like it, turn it into a comedy angle. Kurt is great at that, and TNA fans just love ''comedy''.

The only thing TNA book right is the Women's division. Maybe a bit of that might move into the men's division.

She couldn't be a long term champion, or a multiple time champion. Nor do I think she could stay in the company after losing the title. But the second TNA tinks she's going to leave the company they should put the title on her. 6 months as champ, she loses then leaves. It would work.

I don't think TNA would be interested in slapping their main title on a wrestler who is leaving the company, especially not a women, and especially not a women who would be the first to hold the top title.

Also, if I were forced into a real fight I'd be more intimidated by Sting than Kong. She not THAT big. I hate to say it and I know it sounds terrible but she's just a fat women, that's where her "intimidating size" comes from. I just couldn't buy her beating a main eventer.

Also, if I were forced into a real fight I'd be more intimidated by Sting than Kong. She not THAT big. I hate to say it and I know it sounds terrible but she's just a fat women, that's where her "intimidating size" comes from. I just couldn't buy her beating a main eventer.

It is true, awesome kong is not that big. In reality, she is 5'9" and roughly 230-250. She looks HUGE when standing next to women that are 5'5"--120 lbs though.
brother ray is roughly the size that is advertised for awesome kong, and i would love to see them stand next to each other but it will never happen. Having any woman as heavyweight champion is silly, and it brings up the social taboo of men beating up women....now matter how big that woman may be

Kurt Angle is still smaller, as is Christian Cage. So she'll still look huge. Against the women she looks massive. But against huge men she'll look massive too.

You don't look at how much bigger Tomko is than Angle. But you'd notice if Awesome Kong was the same heinght as Angle, and if she weighed more.

They'd also put lifts in her boots so she looks more impressive. The size wouldn't be an issue, it would be the sex.

It would not be acceptable at all. But I remember the flack that WWE got when Chyna was the IC champion. I personally didn't mind it because she was so over with every fan and then actually looked good doing it when she was doing the Playboy thing those couple times. But looking back as a fan, I didn't mind it at all. But from a business standpoint, it would be awful. And I mean along the lines of awfulness that David Arquette as WCW Champion was.

Yeah, I can see her as World Champion. She is bigger than Sting or Angle. Not value wise but just size.

I think they should focus on making the women's division actually about wrestling. And that should be her role right now is helping that. They have some great women and Kong is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back