ROH signs Awesome Kong

Safari.GFX

Rehabilitated
So, I hear they have inked the deal with Awesome Kong, who now be Amazing Kong. I don't now if I like it yet, I would much rather see her wresting for SHIMMER but that might not happen now that she's more main stream. So:

• What do you think of her to start with?
• Was it a smart move on Kong's part?
• Was is a smart move on ROH's part?

It seems like the most obvious realistic move. I don't see much point in her being in the WWE, as their division is not accepting plus size Divas at the moment.

With TNA and her break in relationship, and her wanting to stay domestic, than why not go to ROH. It seems to be a great option for her to be in ROH short term until her relationship with TNA improves.

I am extremely exciting about seeing Kong in an ROH ring. While there are only 2 women on the permanent roster, ROH frequently bring is female wrestlers from all over the country to work shows which will provide her with ample amounts of competition. Obviously a Kong/Sara Del Rey fued will be implimented immediately. These 2 ladies have a great history and can work tremendous matches together.

I personally believe that Amazing Kong made the right choice to go to a real wrestling company that is ROH, instead of working for a guy who said he was a fan of her's but ends up being a disrespectful prick of a boss on a radio show from the very man that started this whole thing (Bubba).

Now that Kong is in ROH, I can expect positive things for Kong's future there. There's no bullshit politics there, no one hating on Haiti, and no inconsistent TV time for her there. ROH would definitely want to utilize someone like Kong since she got her time on being somewhat mainstream.

While I think they're capable of using Kong right, the fact remains that ROH hasn't really got a woman's division. As a matter of fact, I'd wager that WWE Raw showed more female wrestling last year than ROH. It's not ROH's fault though. When they do put on a women's bout, it's treated it like wrestling so I don't think it's a matter of respect for women's wrestling but a matter of time. If they plan on hiring anyone other than Kong, Del Ray, MsChif (Is she even still there? Haven't seen her since Jacobs left), or Haze, I'd say it's a good idea. If they're hiring Kong just to hire Kong, then it's a terrible idea. While I have no problem with her squashing Sal Rinaro or Grizzly Redwood, unless they put her in a long term program with Ray or Haze, there's nothing for her in ROH. Even if they did start a feud between two of the three, what would it be for?

Dissapointed in TNA for getting rid of one their best female wrestlers just because she didnt like Bubba, but her in ROH Could be good because there is no politics backstage and she will be able to utilize her talent.

Dissapointed in TNA for getting rid of one their best female wrestlers just because she didnt like Bubba, but her in ROH Could be good because there is no politics backstage and she will be able to utilize her talent.

It's not because of Bubba. Her and Bubba's situation got settled. It all boils down to money. Kong wanted more money to work for TNA but TNA wasn't willing so she asked for her release and was granted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back