Do you think that Kharma/Awesome Kong will face men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamel21

Dark Match Winner
Lately people we've seen these promos of her destroying Bratz dolls, but do you think in the coming weeks she'll start destroying action figures?

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I doubt it. Yes, when she was Kong in TNA, she had a few matches against men, but this was very rare even on that network. TNA was a company, at that time, that was willing to go in directions that made the networks nervous. Now Kharma is in the WWE and as we all know the networks get real leery of any violence perpetrated by men against women (although it's probably still fine for violence to be perpetrated by women against men.) With all of that in mind, Kharma might have the occasional moment where she comes down and attacks a male wrestler, hits him with a move or two, but manages to get out unscathed. As for matches with men, I'd say forget it. The men would have to at least try to fight back and that's the point at which the network pulls the plug on that action.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think it'd be great to have Kharma face a few male wrestlers and kick their asses. I think that, in this context, it should be perfectly allowable for someone like Kharma to go toe to toe and tussle with the men, but there's too many groups watching on the networks that the WWE product goes out on who'd be really upset by it. We may not think that important, but VKM does.

I'd love to see it, and I personally think the networks should get over themselves. Everybody's all up in arms about how women should be treated equally, then you get a woman who can legitimately face down half the men on the WWE roster and she'll never get a chance to because god forbid a woman ever has to get hit by a man! I love how everyone "knows" wrestling is fake, and yet a female wrestler facing a male wrestling is going too far (but they should be seen as equals).

You only get it one way or the other, people!!! :disappointed:

Ah this is that one thread where PG can really come into play... violence against women will NEVER EEEEEVVVVEERRRRRRR fly in the PG Era WWE you can bank on it. Best case they may have her against a man who doesn't get in a single offensive move but that is it. Im not sure how much we'll even see of her, i can't even think of which divas they can use to put over on kong, none have any credibility to make it look good. Too bad she can't face men, would have been more competitive and interesting to see.

The only way I think we'd see it is if Kharma were to squash someone really far down on the roster. When she did it in TNA, it was usually against a jobber-type. WWE won't put her in the ring with a man who will put up any sort of fight because, like many have said, it's TV PG now, and man/woman violence doesn't fly there.

YES. But not right away. I'd say after about a year she'll do the whole "I've run out of divas to fight" thing and start kicking the crap out of Chavo or someone like that. I can see a feud with someone like Chris Masters, MAYBE. Still, it's looking like Gail Kim will feud with her so it might be a while before she starts fighting the guys.

I'd pay to see Kharma powerbomb Cole. It would be a RAW moment of the year.

Seriously though this is PG. They are not going to have Kharma fight a dude.

I kind of hope they won't ask her to, for her sake. I'd feel badly for her if they did, because that's basically admitting to the woman that she's far too "man-ish" to not face the men. Look at Chyna; she obviously wasn't a typically beautiful woman, so they had her face men and even go on to win a men's singles title. I mean, it just seems so mean to think, "Well, that Layla is way too pretty and delicate to ever believably wrestle a man in a fair contest, but that Awesome Kong is such an ogre of a woman, she's basically a man, anyway." I know that isn't exactly what they're thinking whenever they make those match-ups, or at least I hope it isn't, but it does seem like a traditionally beautiful woman whose even able bodied and well conditioned can't be anything more than a valet for the men. The only one I can remember that broke the mold was Sable, but even then she could throw a powerbomb better than her own husband, and they still did a sort of beauty and the beast angle with Nicole Bass, from what I can remember.

I have to admit, though, that I'm sure Awesome Kong has much, much thicker skin than I do about the whole matter, which I assume would speak volumes for myself in some negative way, but I wasn't ever a fan of just flat out saying that some of the women are far prettier than the other ones, even if it's true; it just seems a little too hurtful. Again, these women are probably far less concerned about it than I'm being, and I know I'm being far too politically correct, but it just never sat well with me. I know, I know I'm thinking too much about this, but I can't sleep and I'm not really formulating my thoughts together very clearly, either. lol.

I guess a better answer would be that I don't like a one-on-one male v female match because I also view it as a lose/lose. If the man wins (which for his sake as a credible fighter, he shouldn't), then it just feels like a waste of time and it makes the guy look like a total sleazeball, but not in a way that you'd want him to. If the female wins, then all you've done is make the male wrestler look like a total weakling, no matter how credible a wrestler the female is. I know that doesn't sound fair to a female wrestler who might be very talented, but that's my point.

Sorry for another essay, by the way.

I kind of hope they won't ask her to, for her sake. I'd feel badly for her if they did, because that's basically admitting to the woman that she's far too "man-ish" to not face the men. Look at Chyna; she obviously wasn't a typically beautiful woman, so they had her face men and even go on to win a men's singles title. I mean, it just seems so mean to think, "Well, that Layla is way too pretty and delicate to ever believably wrestle a man in a fair contest, but that Awesome Kong is such an ogre of a woman, she's basically a man, anyway." I know that isn't exactly what they're thinking whenever they make those match-ups, or at least I hope it isn't, but it does seem like a traditionally beautiful woman whose even able bodied and well conditioned can't be anything more than a valet for the men. The only one I can remember that broke the mold was Sable, but even then she could throw a powerbomb better than her own husband, and they still did a sort of beauty and the beast angle with Nicole Bass, from what I can remember.

I have to admit, though, that I'm sure Awesome Kong has much, much thicker skin than I do about the whole matter, which I assume would speak volumes for myself in some negative way, but I wasn't ever a fan of just flat out saying that some of the women are far prettier than the other ones, even if it's true; it just seems a little too hurtful. Again, these women are probably far less concerned about it than I'm being, and I know I'm being far too politically correct, but it just never sat well with me. I know, I know I'm thinking too much about this, but I can't sleep and I'm not really formulating my thoughts together very clearly, either. lol.

I guess a better answer would be that I don't like a one-on-one male v female match because I also view it as a lose/lose. If the man wins (which for his sake as a credible fighter, he shouldn't), then it just feels like a waste of time and it makes the guy look like a total sleazeball, but not in a way that you'd want him to. If the female wins, then all you've done is make the male wrestler look like a total weakling, no matter how credible a wrestler the female is. I know that doesn't sound fair to a female wrestler who might be very talented, but that's my point.

Sorry for another essay, by the way.

Back in WCW Jacqueline beat Disco Inferno (I believe on Nitro), and for a long while it hurt Disco's credibility, and you mentioned Sable, it destroyed Marc Mero's career as well when she beat him.

I really hope they don't do the same thing with Kharma/Kong. It will be nice to see someone with the caliber of Kharma destroy the Divas division and eventually turn it into a REAL wrestling division with the likes of Natalya, Beth, and Gail Kim. Turn these pretty girl divas into valets if you want to keep the T&A for the male audience.

I think Kongs most intriging opponent was Isis The Amozon aka Aloisia however she was released about 6 months ago right before Season 3 of NXT premired...

I think by letting her go WWE made a huge mistake, at that time Kong was a free agent and everyone speculated she would be in McMahonland before long... I think had WWE been smart they would have kept her on and had her working her ass off to improve in the ring enough that she could have played the unstoppable monster diva in WWE, then the way to bring in Kong was all divas unite and they announce the have the solution to stopping Aloisia... After some talk they finally introduce Kong... Kong starts as a face, but eventually after disposing of Aloisia she becomes uncoltrollable and starts destroying all the other divas... Then finally a returning Gail Kim who has been kept off air for the last 6 months makes a return to battle Kong cause they have history and she is the only diva with the knowledge of how to stop Kong...

That is how I would have brought Kong in... By doing that you have her stories planned out for at least a year... We get to see a battle of women giants, and then we get to relive the fued that made TNAs knockout division the best at 1 time

I really doubt she'll be facing men anytime soon if ever in WWE. It has been done before in WWE with Chyna even being the Intercontinental champion. In WCW with Jakie and I think Medusa had a match or two with guys. But it was a very different time back then. There's a lot more groups out there now that cry, bitch and complain over everything.

If the anti smoking groups are all over WWE for letting R Truth smoke in front of kids. I could only imagine how feminist and anti bullying groups would react to a man fighting a woman. Even though she's a big woman and could hold her own against men. I just don't think it will work in the PG era. It worked in the Attitude era, but it was one of the tamer things going on back then.

I could see a 5 minute squash against Santino only because he'd actually be a guy in the locker room to put her over..

God I hope not.

It doesn't have anything to do with PG or violence towards women, it has to do with the fact that it is completley unbelievable for her to beat men. It's nonsense that no one takes seriously. Does anyone really think Beth Phoenix cound beat Santino in a fight? Did anyone really think Sable could beat Mark Mero? Its a damn joke that always hurts the men and doesn't do anything for the women because it is so blatently fake. I despise intergender matches because they are more insulting to the fans than having Rey beat Big Show. The WWE has a chance to make Kong a great wrestler, and not be a joke like Chyna.

It is absolute bullshit when people say that Chyna pulled off wrestling men. She was a jacked up freak of a women, and at the end of the day she probably wasn't stronger than any guy on the roster. Bret Hart made a great point about how stupid it was to try to put her over against men. He said that Chyna was 5'10" and 185lbs, but almost every guy on the roster was far bigger than her. Just because she's big for a woman doesn't mean she can beat up men. They have smaller bones and less dense muscle. Think about it, Daniel Bryan weighs the same as Chyna.

Are there some men in the world that Kong could beat up? Probably, but she isn't competing against random milktoast guys. She would be competing against top level pro wrestlers. I remember what a joke that match she had with Kurt Angle was. Kurt is an Olympic gold medalist who has beaten guys like Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, and The Big Show. He gave the Angle Slam to a 500 pound man! Are we really supposed to believe that it's going to take him more than 5 seconds to beat a 5'9" fat chick?

I like Kong/Kharma, but the last thing she needs to do is wrestler men. Someone in this thread thought it would be a good idea for her to feud with Chris Masters. Really? Last time I checked Master was 6'5" and ran about 260lbs. What a joke.

The mindset about non traditional Divas really bugs me. People complain that they are all Barbi Dolls, but never want any "bigger" girls to wrestle with them. Everytime you have a big chick people immediatly start saying that she should be wrestling men. It's just nonsense.

i honestly think that she should be The Miz's bodyguard at first. Kick A-Ri out of the picture and have her come in as The Miz's muscle...it would only add to his heel character. The fact that he would need a "girl" to help him win matches would get him alotta heat from the kids. Plus its not like anybody looks at the miz like , "damn i bet he could really kick some ass" so to me it makes sense. Play off of his cowardly heel character

thats pretty hard to imagine since its PG, although it would be freaking hilarious if she squashed jobber men like Primo, JTG, and Trent Barretta, for some reason I can see WWE putting her in a feud with Khali i dont know why, but all shes probably gonna do with men is a Royal Rumble appearance since Beth made one she should too

I hope Kong eventually captures the WWE title or the WHC. In my opinion she has the build for it and let's face it I don't think the Miz could slam her ;). Wouldn't that just be hilarious? The Miz going down to Kharma/Kong. She could and should be this generations Chyna..minus the uhh playboy spread and yeah. Kharma could do some serious damage and could hold her own against any man she's put in the ring with. I sincerely hope the networks and the PG rating don't hold her back because she's the 1 female that could bring credibility back to women wrestlers.

She could handle the Divas/Womens division and bring credibility back to the division. And she could make a decent push at a "Man's" title (US,IC,WHC,WWE title)

They won't for a lot of reasons. 1) The PG thing everyone has been mentioning. 2) Honestly, most of the boys would not want to put her over; you can pretty much read all about the backstage attitude in Jericho's new book if you want. (Santino would though just because no matter what he does the crowd will still love him.) 3) It basically destroys any shred of credibility the women's division still has, which is pretty bad already. It essentially shows that there are no credible women wrestlers that could fight Kharma that she would have to go against men. I mean people buy when a smaller wrestler takes down someone like Kane or the Big Show, so they could accept a smaller female wrestler to do the same, especially if it were one of the few they still have that can actually wrestle.

I do hope she takes out Cole though, it would be a pretty good storyline retaliation for his constant interruption of the women's matches.

Meh it's all scripted entertainment anyways. Most people don't really care they just want to be entertained. As long as they don't have David Arquette winning the title ever again they can do whatever the hell they want and I won't mind it. :lmao:

Back in WCW Jacqueline beat Disco Inferno (I believe on Nitro), and for a long while it hurt Disco's credibility, and you mentioned Sable, it destroyed Marc Mero's career as well when she beat him

i believe Jacqueline also beat Chavo Guerrero for the cruiserweight championship at one point in 2004.
i think Kharma will only face men when she runs out of competition in the diva division. but there are a few decent feuds she could have. Natalya could put on a good program with her. Beth Pheonix against Kharma has a lot of potential. then you've got people like Kelly Kelly and possibly a face Layla who could go for the underdog win. Maybe even a feud with Michelle McCool

I could see her and Mark Henry in a match, then again, You wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

That aside, it looks like Kong's entire debut gimmick with WWE is going to be a barbie killer, and there's no lack of Barbie Divas in WWE, I could see her spending a full year squashing the useless Divas, before she gets some real competition from the more gifted atheletic women in WWE (btw, I'll be SUPER disappointed not to see a Gail Kim vs Kong rematch)

They need to keep the women away from men, Smackdown Vs Raw Video games even make a point to not let Divas face men, I have to think a part of this is WWE making a point of it, since THQ could care less if people have Diva vs Male superstars, not a huge point, but a valid one.

That would be cool, but i doubt that would happen, with the PG era, they upholding you cant hit girls rule so the men could not hit her or if they could it would look horribly fake. So if they did have a match it would be a squash match, and the male superstar coming out of that loss would come out looking horrible.

I doubt very much that Kong will face men and, truth be told, Kong doesn't need to face men because it's only going to wind up making the men look bad.

The only person Kong could potentially face that I could see would be Santino. Santino would have absolutely no problem, however, with jobbing to Kong at all because he's always done everything else the WWE has asked of him. Shit, the man dressed in drag a couple of years back portraying his own identical twin sister. Jobbing himself to Kong would be a walk in the park.

I have a feeling that the WWE is going to use Kong as something of an "Anti-Diva" when you look at the symbolism of those vignettes with Kong destroying the little dolls. The dolls themselves represent the Divas as a whole. They're all, to one degree or another, women that pretty much any heterosexual male would love to be with because of their looks. Kong could be a tremendous boon if she's used properly and it'd be a waste of her time and the time of really anyone else to put her against men.

Besides, as a few others have pointed out, there's no male on female violence in the WWE and that's not a bad thing at all in my view. Let the men fight the men and the women fight the women.

I doubt very much that Kong will face men and, truth be told, Kong doesn't need to face men because it's only going to wind up making the men look bad.

Chyna never made any of the guys look bad. These days, it's not uncommon to see women being able to stand toe to toe with a man. If she has more fighting skill, better speed, or even better strength, I don't see why it would be unbelievable to the point where it would make a man look bad.

She certainly looks like she can kick somebody's ass. Why isn't it believable for her to actually do it?

They won't have her facing men for the simple fact that the men wouldn't be able to deliver any offense to her because of the TVPG environment.

Lately people we've seen these promos of her destroying Bratz dolls, but do you think in the coming weeks she'll start destroying action figures?

What are your thoughts?

I think she will have to, eventually. Aside from Beth Phoenix, who else in the women's division could even come close to going toe to toe with Kong/Kharma? And I really don't get the argument that having her compete with men will somehow be against "PG"? If anything, having her compete against men will send out a positive message, just like Chyna did when she competed against men (and won the Intercontinental Championship).

In short, Kharma's talents would be wasted if she were kept in the current WWE women's division. She is too much of a powerhouse for most of those "divas". If WWE brought her in just for that, they're really wasting her talents and should have just signed yet another "diva" to add to the already lame women's division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back