Do we really need Randy Orton back?

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart
It has been quite a while since Randy Orton has been on WWE tv and I could say pretty confidently, he isn't missed. We can hear numerous reports of "roster depth issues" but in actuality, both RAW and SMACKDOWN have gone on splendidly without him. The main event scene isn't missing him and mid-card talent is being elevated in their own respective feuds. I don't even think the WWE Universe as it currently is is really missing him either. The company is flourishing, RAW 1000 was a huge success, and summer-fall stories look really exciting right now.

So, for all the trouble he is (and this isn't an opinion- the dude is obviously trouble), is he really worth even bringing back? I say, let him go. An Orton-less WWE is just fine.

WWE is somewhat saved by The Rock's and Lesnar's return.

Sheamus's World Title has been boring.

Punk vs Jericho feud was just forgettable.

Del Rio and Ziggler still need a lot of work.

Daniel Bryan has lost 5 PPV's in a row and is being totally buried.

Cena gets pointless/filler feuds with Show and Laurinitas.

Only on the 1000th episode of RAW have the things shaken up as Cena got the World Title shot, Punk turned heel and The Rock made an appearance into a storyline.

I want to see Randy Orton back. I want to see Orton vs Jericho feud, Orton vs Punk feud over the world title, Orton vs Del Rio feud, Orton vs Daniel Bryan feud, Orton vs Cody Rhodes feud and Orton vs Ziggler feud.

And maybe Face Cena vs Face Orton match somewhere in the future.

All of that will be better then the ordinary stuff WWE has been putting on for sometime. So yeah I want to see Randy Orton back.

I basically agree with what The Hillside said except for saying that being in the WWE and WHC title pictures and still winning matches on Raw & Smackdown is being "buried" Daniel Bryan has been being "pushed" not "buried" in any way just because he hasn't won the WWE title doesn't mean he's not secured himself a future a run in a time where championships are going to apparently start meaning something again.

I personally want Randy Orton back, but, I don't want the monotonous, empty shell of Orton we've forced to suffer for the past year or so. I'd like to see him either come back as a heel or come back straight into a big feud with a returning Wade Barrett or someone of equal ability to make him an interesting face. Hopefully, he'll come back rested and rejuvenated and entertain us all once again when his suspension up.

To start this post off, let me mention that I'm in no way anti-Randy Orton, but I do indeed feel that WWE can and would survive without him, to be completely honest. However, that's not to say that I don't think someone of his type wouldn't be missed should his suspension (or a subsequent one should his troubles continue) lead to an eventual departure.

I mean let's face it, we can't nor should we really want wrestling's old days to come back, (I mean things have to evolve), but it's great when you have a wrestling character that fits in today's wrestler world, is hip, current and fresh but also happens to harken back to the bygone eras of the pro wrestling artform. Randy Orton is just that, he plays the classic heel role to perfection. I obviously can't doubt that such a thing can be equated to his being a third generation wrestler. But just the same, I have to give Randy Orton the character kudos on pulling that off very well.

And to be honest his face run didn't offend me either, he still exhibits a lot of his old tactics but with the fan's adoration and approval. Time will tell what his future role will be when he returns from his suspension. While I don't admire his personal decisions (i.e. going AWOL or as us Marines - former, current, and retired typically like to call it; UA - Unauthorized Absence), I separate that from his on air performances.

Basically, it'd be a loss to not see him back in WWE, but the company's infrastructure would not collapse unto itself should his days with the promotion be numbered.

I want him back. Randy succeeds whether as a face, heel or 'tweener. He's always involved in high-profile matches and is able to combine high-impact moves with solid mat wrestling. His presence always inspires a reaction, no matter who he's facing.

He's got history on his side, too.....he's been involved in main event matches and feuds in the past, has held numerous championships and has been the source of many memorable moments in WWE. Yes, he has to keep his act in order and stop behaving like a spoiled teenager. Hopefully, his suspension will strike a chord in him that makes him shape up for good.

He's not my absolute favorite but, given the above factors, I can't think of a reason in the world we shouldn't want to see him return.

Orton gets one of the best fan reactions from any live crowd anywhere in the world. That is a big plus for WWE. I attended the TLC ppv last year and I will admit I popped as loud as most did when "Voices" blared over the speakers. That said, he's just gotten flat out stale to watch on tv. Other than Barrett he hasn't had a decent feud in a very long time, and having the thought in the back of my head that this is a guy that is screwing up backstage on a far too regular basis doesn't help matters at all. WWE would probably have to keep him off tv until Survivor Series for me to really care about his return. And we all know that's not gonna happen.

I feel bad because I am actually a huge fan of Orton, but I hadn't even noticed he was gone. I think this time off will do him so good as he was pretty much just going through the motions for about the last year now. I think he has gotten stale and needs something fresh and new. Not sure if I would go as far as a heel turn, but just something different.

As far as the WWE needing Orton back? Not right now no, they can live without him for the time being and maybe even the foreseeable future. To my knowledge, Randy was never a big time draw. Yes he gets pops throughout every arena, but I'm not sure people go out of their way to see him. It's hard to tell if he's even relevant at all anymore. Then again it might just be all the big names coming back and that everyone is has forgotten about him for the time being.

As far as the WWE needing Orton back? Not right now no, they can live without him for the time being and maybe even the foreseeable future. To my knowledge, Randy was never a big time draw. Yes he gets pops throughout every arena, but I'm not sure people go out of their way to see him. It's hard to tell if he's even relevant at all anymore. Then again it might just be all the big names coming back and that everyone is has forgotten about him for the time being.

Exactly what I mean. At this point, I don't think anyone would really care if he remained absent from WWE programming. And that's why when you think about his long contract (which I am sure is worth big bucks) coupled with his issues backstage, it would be wise for the company to just let him go.

There's really no reason to have him back when you think of it. But there are MANY reasons to let him go.

Exactly what I mean. At this point, I don't think anyone would really care if he remained absent from WWE programming. And that's why when you think about his long contract (which I am sure is worth big bucks) coupled with his issues backstage, it would be wise for the company to just let him go.

There's really no reason to have him back when you think of it. But there are MANY reasons to let him go.

If WWE lets Orton go, there is a 90% chance he will end up in TNA.

I don't think WWE will want that to happen, considering the amount of time and effort they have put into building Orton.

If WWE lets Orton go, there is a 90% chance he will end up in TNA.

I don't think WWE will want that to happen, considering the amount of time and effort they have put into building Orton.

I honestly don't think they would care. So yeah, he goes to TNA and what? TNA isn't going to experience a ratings surge or anything because of Orton, so what's the difference?

It has been quite a while since Randy Orton has been on WWE tv and I could say pretty confidently, he isn't missed. We can hear numerous reports of "roster depth issues" but in actuality, both RAW and SMACKDOWN have gone on splendidly without him. The main event scene isn't missing him and mid-card talent is being elevated in their own respective feuds. I don't even think the WWE Universe as it currently is is really missing him either. The company is flourishing, RAW 1000 was a huge success, and summer-fall stories look really exciting right now.

So, for all the trouble he is (and this isn't an opinion- the dude is obviously trouble), is he really worth even bringing back? I say, let him go. An Orton-less WWE is just fine.

It's funny you say WWE is flourishing and Raw 1000 was a huge success. Almost as if this stuff happened because Orton is gone. I hate the viper thing but it hasn't really been that long. It's funny how a person fails a drug test now he needs to be released. And I'm just curious to see who's there replacement for him as if their building up stars. They have yet to capitalize on his absence and build the next mega star. Don't give me Sheamus. And I don't wanna hear it takes time crap when they haven't even started.

It's funny you say WWE is flourishing and Raw 1000 was a huge success. Almost as if this stuff happened because Orton is gone. I hate the viper thing but it hasn't really been that long. It's funny how a person fails a drug test now he needs to be released. And I'm just curious to see who's there replacement for him as if their building up stars. They have yet to capitalize on his absence and build the next mega star. Don't give me Sheamus. And I don't wanna hear it takes time crap when they haven't even started.

No, I'm not saying this stuff happened because Orton is gone. I am saying it happened despite him being gone. Meaning, his absence hasn't caused the WWE to lose steam at all.

I think we all know that Randy can be entertaining and he has been in the past. However, he was SO stale in his Smackdown run that he really isn't missed that much. His program with Christian was the only highlight in his most recent Smackdown run and even that was mostly Christian on the mic. They had a couple good matches, I think it was NODQ at Summerslam was the most memorable. I don't think anyone really misses the Orton that we last saw. I think we all miss the Orton from 3 or 4 years ago.

TNA will benefit from having Orton in their PPV's.

Orton plays his legend killer gimmick and goes against the likes of Angle, Sting and Jarrett every month.

Gets done with it and then faces guys like Styles, Storm and Joe.

All of these matches are guaranteed PPV buys.

I don't think anyone on these forums will mind seeing any of that over Orton in WWE.

Randy Orton is probably the best technical wrestler in the WWE today if you exclude high flying and extreme bumps. When he is in the ring almost every move looks perfect.

I never understood his popularity or credibility but the fans love him. He never had a good gimmick or did any good mic work but the fans still love him. They very much need him.

TNA will benefit from having Orton in their PPV's.

Orton plays his legend killer gimmick and goes against the likes of Angle, Sting and Jarrett every month.

Gets done with it and then faces guys like Styles, Storm and Joe.

All of these matches are guaranteed PPV buys.

I don't think anyone on these forums will mind seeing any of that over Orton in WWE.

I won't disagree with you that those wouldn't be pretty good matches, though I stand by previous comments I made around these parts saying Orton isn't as good a wrestler as others make him out to be. He is helped by having awesome opponents. He can't really carry a match if his opponent is lacking. But back to the topic, yes, those matches would be neat to see but again, I doubt the WWE would be shaking in their boots at the idea of Orton VS. any of the guys you mentioned headlining a TNA PPV when the company is in such a good place right now with fan interest.

I definitley wanna see Orton back. He may be somewhat of a boring face at times, but he has great matches, and when he's heel - he's the best heel in WWE.

I never understood his popularity or credibility but the fans love him. He never had a good gimmick or did any good mic work but the fans still love him. They very much need him.

Ummm.. I think u better go back and wach some footage of when Orton was 'The Legend Killer' he had some really great promos, and that gimmick was awesome! Not to mention his feud with HHH (not the first one, the 2nd when they wrestled at mania) Orton was cutting some of the best promos in the business. Unless of course, you know more about cutting promos than Paul Heyman.. then I guess you're right - and he's wrong.

Orton's matches for the most part are boring. I can appreciate how he is methodical in the ring but often it just leads to very slow matches with an RKO out of no where. Yes he is a very clean worker and I'm not saying I don't like his matches but I think that saying he is great might be a little bit of a stretch.

Some of the other main-eventers today like Cena, Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Punk, Sheamus, Ziggler, Mysterio and Jericho are all better then Orton inside the ring.

That shows how much Orton is behind in the league and how much of competition does he need to face if he wants to regain his status of face of Smackdown or RAW.

Orton is not bad inside the ring, he is just above average.

Some of the other main-eventers today like Cena, Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Punk, Sheamus, Ziggler, Mysterio and Jericho are all better then Orton inside the ring.

That shows how much Orton is behind in the league and how much of competition does he need to face if he wants to regain his status of face of Smackdown or RAW.

Orton is not bad inside the ring, he is just above average.

Yes, all of the dudes you mentioned are better in the ring than Orton is. And not just by a little either. Orton has had matches with just about all of them and it was the other person who MADE Orton look good.

Yes, all of the dudes you mentioned are better in the ring than Orton is. And not just by a little either. Orton has had matches with just about all of them and it was the other person who MADE Orton look good.

You can also say Orton benefitted from having good matches when he faced HHH, Edge, Jericho, Benoit and HBK.

While Orton has faced most of the guys I listed before he is yet to face Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler in a PPV match.

I like Orton and do want to see him back, but I do agree with some in here that have said that RAW hasn't really missed a beat without him. That is definitely a concern. I would like to see him feud with Lesnar and honestly, I'd like to see him feud with the Rock again. The last time they fought (singles match and Evolution vs. Rock and sock connection) Orton was younger. Hell he could even feud with Taker again (when they fought at WM, Orton was much younger).

There's a lot they can still do with Orton but it is interesting that he's almost become an afterthought on RAW.

In this day and age nobody is bigger than the company.

To me, Orton has been noticable by his absence, but it has done nothing but help elevate guys that maybe would not have got the TV time. Think about it, had Orton not been suspended, would Tyson Kidd have made it onto his first PPV in forever?

I like Orton. He draws a very strong reaction and IS money on Smackdown, but as I said before, the WWE have lost bigger stars than him in the past and have found a way around it. They will just elevate someone else. Shaemus is already almost there, Ziggler is well on his way, they have Mysterio back, Daniel Bryan is a star, and if worst came to worst, I'm sure they could bring the Big SHow back to Smackdown.

He is missed, but he is replacable.

There's a lot they can still do with Orton but it is interesting that he's almost become an afterthought on RAW.

That's because he is not only an afterthought on RAW because he is gone but he is also an afterthought when he is around. Dude just has no buzz whatsoever, whether he is in on tv weekly or not.

Randy Orton will probably go down as the most overrated wrestler we will ever see. And honestly, the way he seems to be in real life, I don't even think he has a passion for it anymore. Talk about phoning it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back