• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

D'Lo Brown to make WWE Return

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Well if you have saw D'Lo Brown did some dark matches for the WWE this week. Though he was just visiting it can lead you think that maybe WWE might give D'Lo another shot as he is a veteran and to me he wasn't that bad in the ring. Though i dont see him anything for unless he was to go to Smackdown least there he work the mid card and main event if needed on TV. I wouldn't mind if they brought D'Lo back

Thoughts on a Maybe D'Lo Brown return to the WWE?

I guess it's possible for D'lo to make some sort of return since he also wrestled in a dark match's. I'm sure we will get some kind of update soon. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him on ECW or SD! I'd prefer having him on ECW it would be a good show where he could be used often and have matches with some of the younger up and comers. I just think he would fit in well in the ECW mid card since he is a veteran and pretty decent in the ring but on RAW he would get lost and not used. Him getting brought back could happen but i'm not sure if this might have just been a one time thing or something. I guess we'll see.

I wouldn't doubt he is trying to make a return. I don't think he just arrived backstage at RAW and had a dark match the next night prior to SmackDown! just because he was bored. My guess is he arrived with his former NOA teammate Ron Simmons because obviously they're friends and since Ron is a current employee, maybe he was trying to help D'lo to get his job back and possibly had a "try out match" the next night?

I was a fan of his back in the late 90's and early 00's when he was an Intercontinental champion and apart of the Nation but I thought the stable Lo Down sucked when he teamed with Chaz. I would like to see him on the Raw roster but he would get buried, so possibly on the ECW brand so he can get a good push?

This is great news. Hopefully he will get signed again.

I can't remember but last time he was in WWE wasn't Teddy Long his manager & turned him heel, maybe Teddy can swing him over to Smackdown they need some one like him that can jump in & spice things up.

I think, personally that a D'Lo Brown return wouldn't be a bad thing at all, especially considering the recent events that have gone down, I mean look at it,

firstly you've got the number of injuries that have ravaged the company recently. Most of the main event scene is laid out with injuries, and Smackdown! has become nothing more than a joke recently. Putting in somebody like D'Lo who can work on Smackdown! or ECW, would not enhance the main event scene, but would help things as a worker who can really work, to teach and put over the newer guys who are on the stepping stones to success.

Secondly, the company is lacking in star power thoroughly, I mean you only have to look at Smackdown! with their 3 top guys as Khali, Batista, and Kane. Although Kane is a veteran and can work in the right environment, he isn't championship material anymore, he's put on weight, and is getting slower, and isn't over as a title holder, and nor would he be. Batista had his moment, but his act is old and he's been given too much exposure...fans are losing support for him fast, and he can't work. Khali is the worst of the bunch...this guy shouldn't even be on T.V....his matches are some of the worst I ever seen, he has NO personality/gimmick, and the fans just wish he would go away....no matter how hard they push him, he will never be a main event calibre performer, or over with the fans. Adding D'Lo in to help the young midcarders, might just help create faster stars, so Smackdown! will have a new main eventer or two, hopefully just that little bit quicker to take over from these three, and that coupled with the returns of Edge and Undertaker, might just save Smackdown!

It would be a good move for both parties, as D'Lo would pick up a pay-cheque, and the company could use his strong points to their advantage. However it should be noted, I don't think he should be pushed as a main eventer, he isn't over with the fans enough, and doesn't have the mic skills or finishing move to get really that over....but his skills in the ring are of paramount importance, he'd play a role similar to Finlay, in my opinion...be a performer who isn't considered a title chaser, but is excellent in the ring, and can teach the younger guys something.

D'Lo was a good wrestler in WWE and i think he'd fit in best in ECW because they need someone new to make their main event more interesting. something other than CM Punk vs Morrison. i'd like to see him in an extreme rules match against CM Punk.

I would like to see D'Lo return..I think the last time we seen D'Lo in WWE was when he was with Teddy Long and the next night we seen Rodney Mack With Teddy..Then I guess he went to TNA. But I think he would fit best in ECW,maybe have him a Upper-Midcarder or build him to a main-eventer in ecw so we could see more top heels or faces there

I think you guys have hit the nail on the head, dlo is the man in regards to work rate and the wwe needs to stop relying on big guys to get the job done and just let people like pink,richards, and dlo work, i would welcome him back with open arms, dlo didnt get the main event push he needed and i thought that was a shame

I always liked D'Lo, he's a great wrestler and I think a brand like ECW could really use a vetern like D'Lo, I remember in TNA he had a great ladder match with AJ Styles, one of my all time favorite ladder matches to tell you the truth, I hope D'Lo does come back, is sent to ECW and feuds with the likes of Burke, Cor Von( where is he btw?), Punk, and Morrison, if he's sent to Raw he'll just be another jobber like Val, so I'd want him to stay away from Raw, SD! would be ok, but I think he be best utilized on ECW, but's that's if WWE even brings him back

Maybe there's a New Nation coming to Smackdown soon. Just a thought. but overall I think it would be a good move to sign him and put him over on Smackdown. I watched him wrestle in TNA when he left WWE and I thought he was actually really good there. He had charisma and his ability shined more there. When he was last in the WWE he sometimes looked like a sloppy beginner. Maybe it was less pressure not being on the big stage, because back then TNA was just doing the weekly pay-per-view,and he could let it all hang out. He had some good matches with JJ for the title when he was there. I think he would work well on Smackdown possibly feuding for the US title down the line, and he could still work with some of the young guns in ECW as Smackdown and ECW travel together. I think it could be a good fit.

he would be more suited to ecw, dlo needs a push at the big one instead of a mid card title, plus he is ore of a established talent rather then young talent like morisson and can work better then anyone, heres to dlo and lets hope he gets there

Oh god.I saw him about a year ago and he had gotten huuuge ...maybe theyre going to have him have a moob battle with big daddy V!

I cant see that D'lo would do anything except for walk around shaking his head shouting "You better recognise" ala Ron Simmons

D'Lo coming back wouldn't be a bad I idea at all.He was a talented wrestler and he could bring a little bit of starpower to ECW.They need him a lot over there.CorVon is having family problems and is taking time off I believe.Anyways, it would be a good move to bring him to ECW.

His technical style would actually fit in well with ECW i think as many of the old ECW guys were very technical implying holds and suplexes much like Taz. He could get traded to Smackdown after a while as part of a deal so that he could chase for the US title because we could see some very competitive matches between DLo and MVP. I liked his performance in the 2000 royal rumble actually back in Attitude he was pretty good never main event but you know now i could see him jump back and fourth from main event to mid card. He could get a low number in the rumble and last pretty long and have Kane eliminate him pretty koolish and have Styles say "OMG" and Cole be astounded and say nothing then have JBL say "well cant argue with Kane thats an upset!" and have JR say something technical like the time and how long he lasted and that It wasnt surprising Kane made the elimination!

Apparently, the guy had gotten a very loud ovation when he came out for his dark match last week. Obviously (as someone stated above) the guy's not in tremendous shape, and I'm sure that if he is to make a return to TV, he'll have to sort that out.

He seems like the kind of guy that would fit well in a midcard area, but I don't know if he'd be challenging for the title. I think he would work well as a face on SmackDown, as they definitely need him, and a veteran like him could do wonders for them over there.

But like I said, if the guy is out of shape, that's understandable. But I think he'll be doing a few more dark matches before the WWE decide to bring him up. Age could be a factor in just how good he is, although I daresay he would still have that technical skill that he used to, at least a little of it. The crowd is cheering for him though, so they obviously want to see him, so we might be adding D'Lo to the SmackDown roster sooner rather than later if he gets his way and gets in to shape.

I dont think smackdown is the place for dlo, ecw would be a perfect fit, as long as he gets back into the habbit of things, i would love to see the man make his moves and work his magic in the wwe

I think he was being cheered mainly for the reason that it's MSG, and quite frankly they remember EVERYONE. If that show took place in North Carolina, I doubt the whole crowd would remember him. No knock on North Carolina.

I thought in his prime, D'Lo was a very underrated and entertaining wrestler. His gimmick was great and he always fit it to a T. I don't know if there's any proof that he's out of shape, but I understand, as I don't think he's actually wrestled for an extended period of time since 2003. I hope he gets into good shape, because it's always great watching a guy from the Attitude Era come back.

Anyway, this is good to hear, and hopefully he works more than just dark matches soon.

I cant wait to see him, dlo is the best wrestler who never wore the wwe title, i think he needs that push to elevate him to the main event spot and i hope he gets moved to ecw so he can recieve that push

I cant wait to see him, dlo is the best wrestler who never wore the wwe title, i think he needs that push to elevate him to the main event spot and i hope he gets moved to ecw so he can recieve that push

No way.He was a great wrestler and he was a very enteraining but he is nowhere near being the greatest to never hold the title.That belongs to Owen Hart.

Back to D'Lo Brown I think he needs to go to ECW.Because they need him the most.Or he could go to Smackdown and help with the title picture but I've never seen him as a main enter.

Im speaking on wrestlers that never got the opportunity,owen did and was in line for that push

Im speaking on wrestlers that never got the opportunity,owen did and was in line for that push

What the heck you talkin about? Owen never won the WWE championship, so he's near the top of the list Not sure where D'Lo would fit on that list , but I can't imagine him being all that high.

But if he's any good in the ring still, I wouldn't mind seeing him on ECW to help the young guys get over.

Hmm, now that I'm thining about it, let's see who the best to win the WWE championship really is...my top 10 would probably be something like this (counting only guys who spent any significant amount of time in the WWE, of course): Ricky Steamboat, Mr Perfect, Owen Hart, Christian, British Bulldog, Ted DiBiase, Razor Ramon, Jimmy Snuka, Ken Shamrock, and Roddy Piper. Honorable mentions (in no particular order) to Jeff Jarrett, Marty Jannetty, Honky Tonk Man, Pat Patterson, Don Muraco, Tito Santana, Rick Rude, Val Venis, Goldust, and D'Lo Brown would be in that group somewhere. I'm sure I'm forgetting others, especially guys from the 80's. But anyway, it looks like D'Lo's somewhere in the top 20 for sure. I can't imagine even his biggest marks arguing he's any better than 6th or 7th though, looking at that list.

Getting D Lo back on TV would get him into shape. A few more dark matches to test the crowds and an extensive build up with a contract signing or something and then have him do what MVP did and have him go for the US after hes built up a reputation. He could be another Finlay or something on Smackdown but help all the faces out. Hed make a great ECW guy with his in ring ability and they could heavilt promote that. In ECW he wouldnt Job and if he got beat it would be due to weapons or someone else deserving a win. Hed also make a good hardcore wrestler.

He could start on ECW and then get traded to Smackdown.

I like the idea of Dlo going to ECW he is a fresh face and would add stability to the brand, i feel that they should keep him their for a good amount (a year or so) and then move him to smackdown, he could then compete midcard and move up in the ranks to the whc, hes better then most of the guys you see today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back