Dixie Carter Teases "Big" Free Agent Signing (SPAM Friendly Version)

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
@TNADixie:
And the ink is just drying on a BIG free agent that will rock ImpactLIVE on Spike TV. Tune in & join us on this summer adventure.

--

Hmm...

Is Christian a free agent yet? Would love to see him return to TNA.

For the life of me I can't see it being Batista, at least not long term. The guy is getting some success in movies and there's almost no way TNA can offer to pay him what WWE could pay him if he wants to get back in the ring.

MVP....is he a BIG free agent? I know I'm in the minority but I never cared for the guy. He's not terrible or anything but I never got fired up because of one of his matches.

Christian is another guy who is good but not great yet his fans will scream from high heaven about how amazing he is for reasons I can't fathom.

RVD signing back means nothing at all.

Odds are this will be underwhelming but TNA has surprised me before.

Christian had some of his best matches with TNA. He may not be "big" in the sense of Austin-big, or Hogan-big, but he's certainly big to TNA.

Someone mentioned this in another thread: if it's Bob Holly, Dixie should be banned from using the word "big" ever again.

Wonderful! I hope it's John Morrison and that Bischoff and Prichard can find the right gimmick for him. Cant wait!

Side note: does anyone ever actually get cut in TNA? They're constantly bringing in new people but you never hear about people leaving other than their contracts expiring.

Would be cool if it was John Morrison. Guy could be fitted anywhere on the card.

It'll probably be someone shit though

It sure as hell doesn't sound like Christian's going anywhere as this was a report from only a couple weeks ago:

The Wrestling Observer newsletter is reporting that WWE have been postponing the return of former World Heavyweight Champion Christian since WrestleMania when he was cleared to return so that creative can organize a proper angle for his return. WWE want Christian to help boost younger talents and feel he is an asset to the company, so keeping him injury free is a main priority.

It is also being speculated that once Christian does retire he’ll be brought on in a backstage role as his experience would be invaluable to the company and its progression of younger talent, WWE is also said to be very happy with how he hosted their Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn DVD released last year.

Like I said in non-spam, don't see it being Batista he could make more money working less dates for WWE. Rob Van Dam has only just left, don't see how you could describe him as a "big free agent," MVP is a possibility unless hes under contract to NJPW and I don't know about it, Shelton Benjamin could be big for the X-Division? Depending on how you interpret the word "big" both Chris Masters and Awesome Kong are pretty damn big, John Morrison/Hennigan is a free agent worthy of the label I guess, and then there is always the one guy that gets brought up in all these discussions, Goldberg.

I just hope for Dixie's sake this isn't an exaggeration to get peoples hopes up so she can dash them with an underwhelming signing. And I swear to God if it's Bobby Lashley she should never be allowed to promote anything for TNA ever again.

Dixie tweets mean nothing.

I am kind of bored, though, so I'll probably watch anyway.

Damn her.

It sure as hell doesn't sound like Christian's going anywhere as this was a report from only a couple weeks ago:

Like I said in non-spam, don't see it being Batista he could make more money working less dates for WWE. Rob Van Dam has only just left, don't see how you could describe him as a "big free agent," MVP is a possibility unless hes under contract to NJPW and I don't know about it, Shelton Benjamin could be big for the X-Division? Depending on how you interpret the word "big" both Chris Masters and Awesome Kong are pretty damn big, John Morrison/Hennigan is a free agent worthy of the label I guess, and then there is always the one guy that gets brought up in all these discussions, Goldberg.

I just hope for Dixie's sake this isn't an exaggeration to get peoples hopes up so she can dash them with an underwhelming signing. And I swear to God if it's Bobby Lashley she should never be allowed to promote anything for TNA ever again.

The Goldberg ones never cease to amaze me. He only meant anything in WCW for like three years and then he had a pretty lame one year run in WWE. THat's four years combined in WCW, but nine years after he last competed in a major event people still talk like he's a big possibility.

So.....four that we can think of in the last five years and none in the last year? Dang that really isn't a lot.

Yeah. Most contracts are just allowed to quietly expire, I believe.

Angelina Love, Velvet Sky, Awesome Kong, RVD, etc.

I think Jay Lethal was allowed to expire as well.

The Goldberg ones never cease to amaze me. He only meant anything in WCW for like three years and then he had a pretty lame one year run in WWE. THat's four years combined in WCW, but nine years after he last competed in a major event people still talk like he's a big possibility.

I'm certain it's because of the fact he did manage to draw a lot of money in WCW, but what people forget is he drew very little in WWE and nobody really bought a PPV to see Bill Goldberg exempting maybe his match with The Rock that had a cool little build to it, but near the end he was just Goldberg the strong dude who can destroy stuff with his Spear and Military Press and stuff.

It'd be a nice nostalgia act though and I'm certain if he signed TNA would get a bump in ratings for the first couple of times he appears and whenever he returned to the ring, but I doubt he'd be a long-term investment. People would get sick of him again, unless they did a Lesnar and only brought him in every now and then as a special attraction against guys he wouldn't destroy.

I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg again. Atleast then, Dixie tweeting BIG would make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back