Debate Topic 4 - Miss California

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
So by now, most have heard of the fiasco at the Miss USA pageant. For those who haven't, here is the Cliff's notes version.

Carrie Prejean, Miss California was asked, by celebrity "journalist" Perez Hilton her opinion on gay marriage during the q and a finals of the Miss USA pageant. Hilton was a judge, and Miss Cali was the runaway leader. She answers against gay marriage, Hilton scores her unusually low (he is gay) and she loses to Miss NC.

There has been a bit of an outrage on both sides. Conservatives claim that the people who teach tolerance are the most intolerant people in the world. Liberals claim that she is pushing an agenda.

Hilton went on to call her a dumb bitch on his website, that apparently people look at.

In my opinion, no matter what you believe, her job was to answer a question openly and honestly, and his job was to judge her poise and speaking skills. Hilton, instead of being an unbiased adult, acted like a child and voted badly because he is intolerant of those who disagree with him.

I personally don't want to chime in too much yet. I wish to play Devil's Advocate here and see what everyone has to say.

I hadn't heard alot about this, but then again, I live in my own little bubble.

Anyway, from what you've written, Perez Hilton decided to be a whiny little punk, push his own agenda, and then bash this girl for doing the same thing?

If that's the case, and she did answer openly and honestly, then he had no right to penalize her for that, just because she came out against the homosexuality. I think the better question however, is "why the hell was Perez Hilton even a judge?" I mean, isn't his whole job to go and bash on celebrities, and those kind of people?

I don't think that question should have caused her the crown, it that is what did it. Plus, why are they asking such "hard hitting" questions during a beauty contest? I admit, I didn't watch(never do), so I don't what types of questions they ask, just sayin! If I did watch it would be the bikini portion. The only beauty contest I watch is the annual Best Damn Hooters Pageant. But like I said, I don't think that question should have caused her the crown no matter how she answered it. We all have our own beliefs, right?

There has been a bit of an outrage on both sides. Conservatives claim that the people who teach tolerance are the most intolerant people in the world. Liberals claim that she is pushing an agenda.
In this instance I would agree with the "Conservatives". I can't really see how she was pushing anything if she didn't bring up the topic, and just answered with her honest opinion. Though with such a polarizing topic she was probably screwed either way.

Hilton went on to call her a dumb bitch on his website, that apparently people look at.
Well I guess it takes one to know one...

In my opinion, no matter what you believe, her job was to answer a question openly and honestly, and his job was to judge her poise and speaking skills. Hilton, instead of being an unbiased adult, acted like a child and voted badly because he is intolerant of those who disagree with him.
Agreed.

i really dont think this is news worthy at all. the girl answered the question truthfully. do i care if she got the crown? hell no. there are more important things to worry about than whether some stick figure with big hair won a stupid crown or not.

as far as perez having an agenda, i dont think so either. but one thing this girl has to understand than have the freakin audience was probably gay, not to mention 3 judges are openly gay. did you think that an answer like that was going to win you something? of course not. there's a time to be truthful and a time to go with the flow. if you wanted something so bad, you go with the flow.

should she be getting the hate she's getting now? of course not. but hey, leave it to the media to start a freakin forest fire out of a spark.

In all honesty I don't think this is news worthy as there are more important shit to talk about in the world(The damn economy anybody). If Miss California's answer to the gay marriage thing did indeed cost her the title then I believe that it's total bullshit cause the last time I checked, Pageants are supposed to be about beauty, not honest ass questions & definitely not biased opinions(Perez Hilton). Speaking of Perez Hilton. He shouldn't even be judging these things anyways & since he asked the question, then he should have at least somewhat been prepared for that type of answer that was given to the question instead of being a little bitch about it.

That's just my take on all this.

I am 100% for Gay marriage; however, the fucking backlash this chick has faced because of what she said is so ridiculous that it's truly unbelievable. All she did was give an honest answer, and I, for one, appreciate that much more then being "politically correct".

She was asked a question and said the first thing that came to her head. That's what she was supposed to do. Barack fucking Obama gave the exact same answer, yet, no one made a fuss about it. Gays still fully backed him during his run for presidency, including that cunt Perez Hilton.

Yeah it's bullshit. How in the hell someone like Perez Hilton is on a panel for Miss USA clearly tells the world how much that pageant means absolute dick anymore.

The Conservatives are right in this case. The girl was unfairly asked a question like that, gave an honest answer, and has faced backlash. At no point did she say anythig about exterminating homosexuality, not allowing gay people to be together or all of that, she just supports a traditional sense of marriage. Let's just ignore the fact that marriage is probably one fo the oldest institutions of all of society. Marriage between a man and a woman has existed since the dawn of civilization. No nation on earth is as old as this one fundamental thing. So to dare support a tradition that has lasted how many thousands of years is now a crime?

The left is bullshit. They are the most intolerant people in the world. It's okay to have freedom of speach, freedom of expression, and all of that jazz, as long as it supports their agenda. It's complete and utter crap that people are criticizing this woman, and it's just a said state of affairs when our society criticizes someone that publically defends the sanctity of traditional marriage.

Yeah it's bullshit. How in the hell someone like Perez Hilton is on a panel for Miss USA clearly tells the world how much that pageant means absolute dick anymore.

The Conservatives are right in this case. The girl was unfairly asked a question like that, gave an honest answer, and has faced backlash. At no point did she say anythig about exterminating homosexuality, not allowing gay people to be together or all of that, she just supports a traditional sense of marriage. Let's just ignore the fact that marriage is probably one fo the oldest institutions of all of society. Marriage between a man and a woman has existed since the dawn of civilization. No nation on earth is as old as this one fundamental thing. So to dare support a tradition that has lasted how many thousands of years is now a crime?

The left is bullshit. They are the most intolerant people in the world. It's okay to have freedom of speach, freedom of expression, and all of that jazz, as long as it supports their agenda. It's complete and utter crap that people are criticizing this woman, and it's just a said state of affairs when our society criticizes someone that publically defends the sanctity of traditional marriage.

And this is why I started the topic. The people who preach tolerance seem to be the most intolerant of all. Preachers who say "Love thy neighbor" are just as bad as activists who support freedom of speech. Neither side is right, both are wrong. This girl did what she was supposed to, and her lead evaporated, not because of anything in the pageant rules, but because those who beg of us tolerance, and the most intolerant of all. Those people, reside on the left. The American left is full of hypocrites and idealists who have no idea how to pragmatically run a pageant, much less a country.

Obama releases the memos on interrogation as part of his "open process" yet fails to release the information on what those interrogations produced.

I could give a hundred more examples of hypocrisy on the left, but the idiotic TV watching public of America voted for a dumbass who gives good speeches instead of someone who stands up for ideals.

I'm not going to get into the left wing right wing argument, because I will disagree with the vast majority of people here, but here's what I have to say on the Miss USA matter:

Miss California said:
Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman.

It actually sounds like she was caught off guard by the question, so her poise can't have been marked very highly, but having never seen such a contest, I am going to make the assumption that this is a common thing for all the girls and that eloquently speaking, this is fine.

Perez Hilton is the one at fault here. Not the left, not the right, him. Had he kept his mouth shut and just voted for her, even if he had docked points, literally nobody would have cared or noticed, it was him saying that this "lost her the title" that caused controversy. Perez Hilton has long since stopped being a celebrity exposer and has become the celebrity himself, it's like the last episode of Dennis Pennis all over again.

I think it's wrong for people to pin the entire liberal ideology on a man as ridiculous as Hilton. Look at him, for fuck sake.

As for my views on gay marriage, it's as simple as this really. The sanctity of marriage hasn't existed for nigh on 50 years, with divorce, teenage marriages, children outside of wedlock and celebrities marrying for a laugh all being prevalent, so I don't think you can accuse gay marriage of doing that. I think if two people love each other, they should be allowed to get married. I'd never protest in favour of it, because it ultimately doesn't effect me, but if askedI'd be in favour, as I would of gay adoption and fertillity treatment, it's only fair afterall.

That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion on it, and Hilton is an ******** for calling her a dumb bitch for having a belief, and it is reactions like this which means attitudes never change. If he said to her "this i why I think you're wrong..." then it would be far more productive than calling her names on the internet.

There really isn't much more I can say that hasn't already been said, but here goes:

The question was out of place. Wether we want to use Leftism or Right wing ideas (and I could), the bottom line is that such a question had no business in there in the first place. It was totally irrelevant, and it could ONLY have been asked for the purpose of divisive destruction of a contestant that had a clear lead going into it by an obviously biased judge.

She did something most people in the media don't: she stuck to her beliefs in front of millions.

Far as I'm concerned, she won. And the slam on the blog later proved that gays can be bigots, too. Hate and intolerance is a two way street and clearly gays live on that street like everyone else.

Why is it that Obama is getting a free pass from all of Hollywood for having the same views as Prejean?

Obama has mentioned that he is against gay marriage, yet Hilton and Giulliana Rancid (lol) from E! would never question him?

Is it OK to call a conservative Christian white chick names, but not a black dude who gives a good speech? Why does Obama get a free pass on everything?

Meh, I don't care. The whole point of stupid contests like that is to be able to act a certain way. It's kind of like wrestling, you have to be able to work specific crowds. If you're a face you're not going to go to Leeds and talk about Manchester United, because you will be booed to hell and back. If you're trying to impress gay judges you don't say you're against gay marriage. 'Tis quite simple really, she's just stupid.

What in the hell does this have to do with a beauty pagent anyway? Seriously, this was a waste of time. Perez Hilton is an annoying twat that simply won't go away. The whole concept of beauty pagents is a waste anyway as it's nothing more than a contest for who looks best in a bikini and can talk best. Why should we care what her political/social views are? She said her perspective and should be proud that she did. Agree with it, disagree with it, whatever, but she said her feelings and apparently since the "celebrity" judges disagree, she loses. That's rather pathetic to me.

Meh, I don't care. The whole point of stupid contests like that is to be able to act a certain way. It's kind of like wrestling, you have to be able to work specific crowds. If you're a face you're not going to go to Leeds and talk about Manchester United, because you will be booed to hell and back. If you're trying to impress gay judges you don't say you're against gay marriage. 'Tis quite simple really, <b>she's just stupid</i>.

That's an unfair statement. Its not stupid to stand up for what you believe in. She didn't give a WRONG answer, she gave HER answer. Don't call her stupid because she didn't go for the Cheap Pop in front of the bigot judge.

That's an unfair statement. Its not stupid to stand up for what you believe in. She didn't give a WRONG answer, she gave HER answer. Don't call her stupid because she didn't go for the Cheap Pop in front of the bigot judge.

'Tis true though. I'm not calling her stupid for her opinion, I'm calling her stupid for not realising the outcome. Seriously, it is exactly like a wrestling ring; you work the specific crowd you've got there, especially if it's somewhere in the UK - they usually make a good point of it. If you want to be liked as a face would, don't say something that conflicts with that majority.

She was on TV today saying she knows she lost because of it, but her beliefs are more important to her than a crown. This has been consistent with her since day one.

I can't fault her for stating her beliefs. I don't even fault her beliefs. I think she said what was right, and no one can ever take that from her. She is going on to far better things than she would have in that pageant. The most famous winner of the Miss USA crown is Tara Connor. That's only because she likes to do drugs and make out with teenage girls.

The fact that you believe Perez Hilton should act like a mature adult is pretty absurd. The man's job is to be immature, obnoxious and rude. And whether or not him scoring her low was an act of "intolerance" doesn't really matter.

Did you stop to think that maybe she deserved the low scores? That maybe announcing to the world that you're prejudiced and don't believe in equality is what got her low scores? Any way you possibly slice it, the fact that a group of people are not allowed certain privelages because of their sexual preference is no different from restaurants in the 50's not allowing black people to come in. It is no different, and this is where every conservative loses me in their arguments.

The entire conservative rejection of homosexuality and gay marriage is definition intolerance. Being tolerant of something doesn't mean you have to approve/like it, it only means you can tolerate it.

She's a moron anyways, like 99% of those pageant contestants.

And as for respecting her for sticking by her beliefs...sticking by your beliefs is only an honorable thing when your beliefs aren't blatantly racist. That's like saying "Well you can't fault Hitler, he stuck by his beliefs alright". What about the actual beliefs themselves?

Did you stop to think that maybe she deserved the low scores? That maybe announcing to the world that you're prejudiced and don't believe in equality is what got her low scores? Any way you possibly slice it, the fact that a group of people are not allowed certain privelages because of their sexual preference is no different from restaurants in the 50's not allowing black people to come in. It is no different, and this is where every conservative loses me in their arguments.

The entire conservative rejection of homosexuality and gay marriage is definition intolerance. Being tolerant of something doesn't mean you have to approve/like it, it only means you can tolerate it.

And as for respecting her for sticking by her beliefs...sticking by your beliefs is only an honorable thing when your beliefs aren't blatantly racist. That's like saying "Well you can't fault Hitler, he stuck by his beliefs alright". What about the actual beliefs themselves?

But aren't you an Obama supporter? And didn't he say the EXACT same thing that Miss California said when asked the exact same question? And like I said in my first post, how come Obama didn't get all this backlash when he said it, but yet... a conservative Christian woman is made into being like Hitler, for saying something “America's savoir” said just a few months ago?

Like I said, I'm completely for Gay marriage and I do believe the homosexual community should be treated fair and equal, but if someone has a different opinion, then I can't fault him or her for believing what they believe, especially since the person in question was raised to believe what she believes. And as along as they don't express their opinions in hateful or violent manners, then nothing should be made of someone not being for Gay marriage, or someone being against abortion (something else I'm extremely for).

But aren't you an Obama supporter?

Which has what to do with the current topic? Oh yeah, absolutely nothing.

And didn't he say the EXACT same thing that Miss California said when asked the exact same question?

Obama said that the topic should be left up to the states, and he is also in support of civil unions, which for all purposes is marriage, just minus the church and religion. So no, fail.

And like I said in my first post, how come Obama didn't get all this backlash when he said it, but yet... a conservative Christian woman is made into being like Hitler, for saying something &#8220;America's savoir&#8221; said just a few months ago?

A: No one has likened her to Hitler. Extreme hyperbole.
B: You've misquoted Obama. See my previous response.

Like I said, I'm completely for Gay marriage and I do believe the homosexual community should be treated fair and equal, but if someone has a different opinion, then I can't fault him or her for believing what they believe, especially since the person in question was raised to believe what she believes.

So you support any belief at all, as long as the person grew up with it? So you have no problem with someone that was raised with their family in the KKK who believes all black people are evil spawn of the devil? This "I support that she stands by her beliefs" bullshit is ridiculious, Hitler stood by his beliefs, guess we should respect him for stickin' to his guns huh?

And as along as they don't express their opinions in hateful or violent manners, then nothing should be made of someone not being for Gay marriage, or someone being against abortion (something else I'm extremely for).

Thats just it though---the very opinion of being against gay marriage IS HATEFUL. It's absolutely NO DIFFERENT from thinking that "Hey, I don't believe black people should be allowed to be married". There is literally NO difference in those two statements.

Homophobia is hate. End of f'n story.

It's been a while. Let's try to be more civil than in the past. LOL.... Here goes.

The fact that you believe Perez Hilton should act like a mature adult is pretty absurd.

True. He is an annoying twat and got famous for doing less than his namesake. At least she does something. He tries to be the princess of the party.

The man's job is to be immature, obnoxious and rude. And whether or not him scoring her low was an act of "intolerance" doesn't really matter.

But he slammed her for being intolerant.....by being intolerant. Her job was to answer the question given with poise and intelligence. She didn't lack either. Just because you don't agree with her doesn't mean she didn't give an intelligent reasoned answer. Her beliefs are her beliefs.
Did you stop to think that maybe she deserved the low scores?

Yes, I did. And, when I looked up judging criteria and watched the other queens answers, she outperformed them. She was ahead on points before that round, and didn't deserve to lose. She deserves less the firestorm she is being subjected to now.
That maybe announcing to the world that you're prejudiced and don't believe in equality is what got her low scores?

No, I don't believe that. Barack Obama announced his "prejudiced" views to the world, and he wasn't penalized. Everyone looked the other way. The prejudice here isn't against gays, it's against Christian Conservatives. Suddenly, God is a bad word and sinners rule the day!
Any way you possibly slice it, the fact that a group of people are not allowed certain privelages because of their sexual preference is no different from restaurants in the 50's not allowing black people to come in.

Actually, it is different. Very different. Blacks were disallowed entrance because on face they were different. Gays have to announce their differences or act flamboyantly for people to notice them. Therefore, they are probably violating other rules of the establishment to get banned. Furthermore, I think more people should be banned from places too. For instance, I would never allow a baby into a restaurant or movie.

Next, my real argument, is that there has to be a line somewhere. Married couples allowed to file jointly can get a discount on taxes. If the second salary bumps a couple to the next tax bracket, they can get 29% taxed on an entire sum as opposed to 22% on two separate sums. Therefore, allowing gay marriage reduces tax revenue. There is now a push to allow triad marriages. This, of course, is marriage with three people. Where do we draw the line? For 5,000 years marriage has been between a man and a woman, and if homosexuality is genetic, as people will have you believe, then it has always existed alongside marriage. Why now should it be allowed, encouraged, and glamorized, when for 5,000 years it wasn't an issue? Why does this overly permissive society have to infringe on traditional institutions? I don't even think it's a big deal to gay people. All the gay people I know, and surprisingly, there are a lot, think she said what she believes, and applaud her for it.
It is no different, and this is where every conservative loses me in their arguments.

Well, I hope I didn't lose you. I just feel that there has to be a line somewhere, and why not here? The burden of proof is on the one trying to change the law. Are there any good arguments for changing the law? The people of California, the most liberal state in the nation, didn't think so. Super-lefty Barack Obama doesn't condone gay marriage. It's not just the conservatives who are losing you. It's also your drug-slave master.

And, from the attacks on Ms. Prejean, it seems that the gay community is just as intolerant. If they were as tolerant as they want me to be, there wouldn't be a backlash and smear campaign against her. Instead, they think that posting nudie pics against her is the mature response to a question begging for public discourse.
She's a moron anyways, like 99% of those pageant contestants.

A moron like Diane Sawyer, who was Ms. America? Have you watched her press conferences? She is a poised, intelligent lady, who answers every question she is asked with a reasoned, concise response. I would love for the women I know and am forced to work with to be as well spoken as she is. Furthermore, this statement is completely unfair to her and pageant girls. So what if most of them are blow up dolls. You act as if their opinion matters less than yours. This is, of course, the same intolerance which you preach against.
And as for respecting her for sticking by her beliefs...sticking by your beliefs is only an honorable thing when your beliefs aren't blatantly racist.

I didn't know that "gay" was a race. And is it respectable of you to call pageant girls morons as a "race?" You are intolerant of conservative Christians, we get that. You don't need to kick a dead horse. I just wish you would give a reason instead of saying they're stupid and wrong. You consistently tell me that Conservatives are wrong because they are intolerant, you curse, and bitch and moan. That's great. You should change your name to Jeanene Garrofalo. She does the same thing, and is a laughingstock. There is a reason her Air America radio station went under. No one wants blind hatred, they want reasoning.
That's like saying "Well you can't fault Hitler, he stuck by his beliefs alright". What about the actual beliefs themselves?

Yawnnn.... wake me up when she kills someone, or advances on a defenseless country. Comparing her to Hitler is just a useless point. Obama is a terrorist because his best friend bombed the US Capitol. Jesus, this is the worst argument against her I have heard. It is baseless, the analogy doesn't work, and it just shows that your level of tolerance is somewhere below hers. She never said all gays are morons. She never said that sodomy laws should be brought back. She simply said that marriage is between one man and one woman. This has been correct for 5,000 years, why change it now?

On a side note, how does posting nudie pics of Carrie Prejean help their cause? She showed her titties, so gays should be allowed to marry!!!!!

And you call pageant girls morons.

I'm going to respond for JMT.

1. YOU compared her to Hitler.

2. Saying that you support civil unions is just a euphemism for not supporting gay marriage. Secondly, leaving it up to the states is his response. Roe vs. Wade took this right AWAY from the states because too many of them would have outlawed the act. So, maybe he's right here. We should leave it up to the states, given the government confidence in their maintaining reproductive rights. State government slant right. Saying I think we should leave it up to the states is akin to saying that the Republicans are right.

3. She didn't make one single homophobic remark. She said they gays don't fit into the criteria defined in marriage. Like I said, it has been the same for 5,000 years, why change it now?

4. Gay people can now adopt. If a partner is concerned about his lover not being able to see him in the hospital, write a living will. If he is worried about his possessions not being transferred to his lover, write a will. Five minutes on Legalzoom.com would prevent all these bad things the big bad Conservatives do in the name of God to hate gays.

It's been a while. Let's try to be more civil than in the past. LOL.... Here goes.

Just remember, despite my cursing and our mutual political hatred, I don't dislike you or anything.

True. He is an annoying twat and got famous for doing less than his namesake. At least she does something. He tries to be the princess of the party.

She "does something"? What does she do? Gain attention because she's attractive? There's a lesson for America's young females! You don't have to work or study or try hard at anything girls, as long as you're physically attractive!

But he slammed her for being intolerant.....by being intolerant. Her job was to answer the question given with poise and intelligence. She didn't lack either. Just because you don't agree with her doesn't mean she didn't give an intelligent reasoned answer. Her beliefs are her beliefs.

Yeah, her answer most certainly lackled intelligence. Intolerance and homophobia isn't what I would refer to as "intelligence". Again, this "her beliefs are her beliefs" BULLSHIT is becoming tiresome. Hate to keep using the Hitler reference, but if you can respect her for her beliefs, I guess we can respect Hitler since, after all, his "beliefs are his beliefs" right?

Yes, I did. And, when I looked up judging criteria and watched the other queens answers, she outperformed them. She was ahead on points before that round, and didn't deserve to lose. She deserves less the firestorm she is being subjected to now.

I won't argue with you here because I have no idea how she performed for the rest of the contest or what the criteria was. But usually in my book, spouting homophobic views in one of the most liberal states in the country isn't what I'd refer to as "intelligent".

No, I don't believe that. Barack Obama announced his "prejudiced" views to the world, and he wasn't penalized. Everyone looked the other way. The prejudice here isn't against gays, it's against Christian Conservatives. Suddenly, God is a bad word and sinners rule the day!

Are you pulling this too? Obama endorses civil unions, which is in itself just another word for marriage. Homosexual people can't be married in Christian churches to begin with, which only leaves civil unions. Gay marriage IS civil unions. So no actually, Obama DOES support gay marriage.

Actually, it is different. Very different. Blacks were disallowed entrance because on face they were different. Gays have to announce their differences or act flamboyantly for people to notice them.

So being in love is announcing your difference and acting flamboyantly? Wanting to settle down with the person you love and begin a life with them is "flamboyant"? Really? On what planet does that even resemble logic? Even if a gay couple were decked out in pink feathers and leotards and walked down the street shouting "I'M GAY!", how is that wrong? Is that any different from pride in being African American? Guess we should get rid of African American History month, they want too much attention right?

It's really incredibly simple. Blacks were refused something because they were different. Gays are refused something because they are different. There is no difference.

Therefore, they are probably violating other rules of the establishment to get banned. Furthermore, I think more people should be banned from places too. For instance, I would never allow a baby into a restaurant or movie.

"Violating rules of the establishment to get banned"? What are you even referring to? Homosexuals? How do you not understand how barring someone certain privelages because of their sexual preference is wrong? I truly don't understand that. Don't Christians preach equality for all?

Again, really quite black and white and simple. If you bar someone from certain privelages because of their sexuality/race/creed, it is prejudice. That is the exact f'n dictionary DEFINITION of the word. Go argue with Webter.

Next, my real argument, is that there has to be a line somewhere. Married couples allowed to file jointly can get a discount on taxes. If the second salary bumps a couple to the next tax bracket, they can get 29% taxed on an entire sum as opposed to 22% on two separate sums. Therefore, allowing gay marriage reduces tax revenue.

Small price to pay to stop RACISM. By that logic, let's bar black people from getting married, think of all the tax money we'll save!

There is now a push to allow triad marriages. This, of course, is marriage with three people. Where do we draw the line?

Push for triad marriages? Are you serious? How long did it take you to come up with that absurd argument, as though there was ever a chance in hell that a triad marriage law would ever pass in any state for any reason? Really?

Besides, triad marriages are already semi-legal, it's called Mormonism.

For 5,000 years marriage has been between a man and a woman, and if homosexuality is genetic, as people will have you believe, then it has always existed alongside marriage.

"As people will have you believe". You make it sound like a conspiracy theory. What you should have written was "100% of Scientific facts point to Homosexuality being genetic", because then that would be the truth. Saying homosexuality is a choice would mean that heterosexuality is a choice. It's an absolutely absurd statement with no scientific merit whatsoever in any way, shape or form.

Why now should it be allowed, encouraged, and glamorized, when for 5,000 years it wasn't an issue?

Seriously? That's your arguing point? I'm sure that exact same thing was said in the 1800s when people were asked about blacks being slaves. "Hey, they've been slaves for thousands of years with no rights, and it's never been an issue! Why should we change it?". That isn't an argument FTS, that's an excuse. And as for it not being an issue, I could cite you dozens of cases of homosexual protests and riots because of their treatment. So again, epically wrong.

Why does this overly permissive society have to infringe on traditional institutions? I don't even think it's a big deal to gay people. All the gay people I know, and surprisingly, there are a lot, think she said what she believes, and applaud her for it.

That sounds like bullshit to me. And if you really do know a ton of gay people who apparently don't care about being discriminated against, I'd say that's sad for them that they don't care about their own creed of people. As for it "not being a big deal to gay people"...yeah, go tell that to the millions of homosexual protestors every year. I'm sure they'd certainly beg to differ.

As for "infringing on traditional institutions"... doesn't divorce infrince on traditional institutions? Divorce undermines the "sanctity" of marriage just as much as homosexual marraige does, yet I don't see you having any big moral problems with divorce, or any big campaign to prevent divorce from being legal. It's just as immoral and un-Christian as gay marriage is.

None of your arguments have any basis whatsoever in fact, reason or logic, they are all entirely based on prejudice. In 20 years our children will look back at us with disbelief over how long it took us to legalize gay marriage, just as we look back in that same disbelief to the whites-only stores and water fountains of the 50's.

Well, I hope I didn't lose you. I just feel that there has to be a line somewhere, and why not here? The burden of proof is on the one trying to change the law. Are there any good arguments for changing the law? The people of California, the most liberal state in the nation, didn't think so. Super-lefty Barack Obama doesn't condone gay marriage. It's not just the conservatives who are losing you. It's also your drug-slave master.

And, from the attacks on Ms. Prejean, it seems that the gay community is just as intolerant. If they were as tolerant as they want me to be, there wouldn't be a backlash and smear campaign against her. Instead, they think that posting nudie pics against her is the mature response to a question begging for public discourse.

A moron like Diane Sawyer, who was Ms. America? Have you watched her press conferences? She is a poised, intelligent lady, who answers every question she is asked with a reasoned, concise response. I would love for the women I know and am forced to work with to be as well spoken as she is. Furthermore, this statement is completely unfair to her and pageant girls. So what if most of them are blow up dolls. You act as if their opinion matters less than yours. This is, of course, the same intolerance which you preach against.

I didn't know that "gay" was a race. And is it respectable of you to call pageant girls morons as a "race?" You are intolerant of conservative Christians, we get that. You don't need to kick a dead horse. I just wish you would give a reason instead of saying they're stupid and wrong. You consistently tell me that Conservatives are wrong because they are intolerant, you curse, and bitch and moan. That's great. You should change your name to Jeanene Garrofalo. She does the same thing, and is a laughingstock. There is a reason her Air America radio station went under. No one wants blind hatred, they want reasoning.

Yawnnn.... wake me up when she kills someone, or advances on a defenseless country. Comparing her to Hitler is just a useless point. Obama is a terrorist because his best friend bombed the US Capitol. Jesus, this is the worst argument against her I have heard. It is baseless, the analogy doesn't work, and it just shows that your level of tolerance is somewhere below hers. She never said all gays are morons. She never said that sodomy laws should be brought back. She simply said that marriage is between one man and one woman. This has been correct for 5,000 years, why change it now?

On a side note, how does posting nudie pics of Carrie Prejean help their cause? She showed her titties, so gays should be allowed to marry!!!!!

And you call pageant girls morons.[/QUOTE]

Why is it that Obama is getting a free pass from all of Hollywood for having the same views as Prejean?

Obama has mentioned that he is against gay marriage, yet Hilton and Giulliana Rancid (lol) from E! would never question him?

Is it OK to call a conservative Christian white chick names, but not a black dude who gives a good speech? Why does Obama get a free pass on everything?

I told myself I wasn't going to respond to this, but I just can't help myself!

Now then, Perez (if that is who you're talking about by the name Hilton) has actually posed a few blog entries about Obama and his silence toward the whole Gay Marriage thing since the Miss California debacle started. Even before that he's commented on Obama's lack of support for the cause, like back in January I remember reading something about how "Obama snubbed the gays" in one of Perez's blogs and that "Barrack Obama has proved to us, once more, that he's a crafty, fake politician, just like everyone else that came before him." That's a direct quote too. :p I go on Perez's website a lot, like a couple times everyday and he's nowhere near as biased or as horrible as people make him out to be, most of the times anyway lol.

I know that no one takes Perez seriously, and it's really his fault, but when it comes to this issue, I stand by what he says, I really do. I don't care, and Perez and others like him certainly don't care if Carrie Prejean or anyone else doesn't believe in same sex marriage. That's fine, it's their choice, it's how they were raised, but it's not fair and it's not right to impose that on everyone and to keep a group of people from exercising their full rights because of their sexuality.

Flames Out
Dragon

If he didn't care he wouldn't have called her a dumb bitch and voted her down for speaking her mind. He can say he doesn't care all he wants, but he is an immature, intolerant jackass.

I view celebrity bloggers as the second lowest form of life. Seriously, they have nothing better to do than let the exploits of halfwits like Paris Hilton dominate their lives. The only people worse than him are the people who pay him through advertising, supporting his boorish, backwards way of thinking. How he got famous bewilders me, actually, how any of them got famous bewilders me. These people focus on whether or not Britney Spears wears panties when she goes out. They fancy themselves journalists, when they are nothing more than gossips with a laptop.

He has found himself a circle of dedicated readers, who for whatever reason, think what he reports is important. At least Carrie Prejean contributes to the national discourse on the subject, whereas Hilton is 12 year old girl in a world where he gets to be queen. It's just that his subjects are as mindless as he (present company excluded)

Dragon:

it's not fair and it's not right to impose that on everyone and to keep a group of people from exercising their full rights because of their sexuality.

The problem, according to Hilton and his sympathizers, is that gays DON'T have the right to be married. No one is infringing on anyone's right. Gays are trying to get rights that the people feel they don't deserve. Furthermore, how is it any more fair to allow gays to marry, when many married couples feel that it delegitimizes their marriage? How is it fair to let gays marry and not bestialists or pedophiles, who feel that their love of sheep or little boys is just as legitimate as the love of gays? There has to be a line somewhere, and keeping where it has been FOR THE WHOLE OF HUMAN CIVILIZATION seems fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back