Current WWE Titleholders

Shining Mizard

World Heavyweight Champion
I was recently thinking about the current title holders in the WWE are when it dawned on me, they are all heels. Now some of you may be reluctant to call some of the title holders heels due to their reactions (or lack of) but by nature they are, take a look.

WWE Champion: Randy Orton
World Heavyweight Champion: Alberto Del Rio
Intercontinental Champion: Curis Axel
United States Champion: Dean Ambrose
WWE Tag Team Champions: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
Divas Champion: AJ Lee

I've been watching WWE for the better part of 10 years and I struggled to think of another time where all titles were held by heels. Could be my poor memory so if anyone can remember another time please let me know!

Also, who do you think will be the first to drop their title and why? My money is definitely on Alberto Del Rio.

All thoughts are welcome.

That's interesting. I was thinking around Survivor Series last year so I looked it up and come to find out Kofi Kingston was the IC champ and the only face champ

Edit: I think it may have been heading into WrestleMania 26 see;

WWE Champion: Batista
World Heavyweight Champion: Chris Jericho
US Champion: Miz
Unified tag team champions: ShoMiz
IC Champion: Drew Mcintyre
Divas Champion: Maryse

My money is on Curtis Axel being the first to drop his title. He was pushed to the IC title WAY too soon and is still way too green in my book, to have the burden of holding a championship. Whether it happens on RAW or at Night of Champions, or even a house show, I see CM Punk becoming a 2-Time Intercontinental Champion VERY soon.

My money is on Curtis Axel being the first to drop his title. He was pushed to the IC title WAY too soon and is still way too green in my book, to have the burden of holding a championship. Whether it happens on RAW or at Night of Champions, or even a house show, I see CM Punk becoming a 2-Time Intercontinental Champion VERY soon.

I completely agree. I want to like curtis axel, but I just don't ever believe he is a true threat to anybody. He doesn't feel natural on the mic. It feels forced to me. Plus Punk having the IC championship for a little while will bring back some prestige to the title. In the long run maybe have axel get it back, but unless he gets better keep any title off him.

I don't see Orton losing the WWE title until Survivor Series at the earliest and right now I can't see anyone in the position to knock off Bertie or Axel, and my guess is AJ will go face and keep her title as frankly none of the others are remotely over.

So that basically leaves The Shield and I think that will be where the first title change comes as the faces have to get some success against the Corporation. My guess is The Prime Time Players taking the Tag titles off Rollins & Reigns, even if it's only for a brief period.

I actually see the Shield dropping their titles first. Part of taking down Triple H's regime is gonna have to be taking the gold off his watch dogs. Henry and Show are gonna take the belts off Rollins and Reigns and maybe Big E Langston could take the US title off of Ambrose like he took the NXT title off of Reigns. (throwing that out there since RVD set his sights on the WHC after the summerslam kick off)

The last time i remember all heels being champions was when the ECWWHC was still around. I think Big E won it from christian and that was the last time. I have a feeling ALBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO will be the first to lose it. UNLESS cm punk continues to fued and wants to strip axel of his title then axel will lose it first.

It has been quite a while since WWE champions were all heels. Off the top of my head, I don't recall when the last time was.

Like I said or alluded to in a couple of the NOC match threads in the ppv section, I don't expect any of the champs associated with Triple H & The McMahons to drop their straps at NOC. I believe they'll all manage to retain their titles, most likely in some sort of controversial fashion. After all, since they're all associates of the WWE's current power structure in this angle, they're going to want this power structure to seem very formidable in actual match situations. They don't want to come off as a bunch of scrubs who can't get the job done apart from beating someone down when it's 4 against 1. That's what TNA did with Aces & Eights from the beginning and it's made them the weakest "major threat" the company has gone up against.

The centerpiece, of course, will be Orton vs. Bryan. The key here, in my opinion, is to make both Orton & Bryan look strong while not derailing Bryan's momentum. People want to see Daniel Bryan overcome the odds and take the WWE Championship back. After NOC, the story will be Bryan managing to get past the overwhelming odds against him to earn another WWE Championship shot against Orton. I might be wrong, but I believe what the numbers for Raw show in the next several weeks after the return of Monday Night Football could influence their decision. If WWE panics, they might decide to push the button on Bryan regaining the title at NOC. However, as with Punk last year, I think WWE will stand firmly behind Bryan and he'll be given the time necessary for fans to see that he's not just being used as a placeholder for Cena. I think there's a real possibility of Orton dropping the title to Bryan at HIAC, then having a rematch at Survivor Series and possibly a final blow off to their feud come TLC.

As for The Shield, again, I don't see them losing at Night of Champions. Indications are that, at least, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz will be the ones to come to the aid of Bryan in the near future. I'm saying this only due to the fact that Renee Young seemed to single them out for an interview and that Ziggler & Show both had handicap matches against The Shield. Mark Henry could be part of it, as Show stated that he & Henry were teaming to go after the tag titles. Maybe that idea has been nixed or something? Since The Miz LOOKS to be either a part of this or about to become part of this, I could see him reforming his partnership with Show as Show-Miz to go after Rollins & Reigns while Ziggler goes after Ambrose for the US title.

As for Curtis Axel, it's difficult to say. I ultimately don't see his handicap match with Heyman as his partner against Punk being for the IC title. Thus far, the IC title being on the line hasn't been mentioned so, I'm assuming, that it isn't on the line. It seems that this angle & match is all being set up just so that Punk can get his hands on Heyman. Therefore, I see Axel getting pinned by Punk and eliminated, thus unable to help Heyman out.

As for AJ Lee, I thought she did a great job on the mic this past Monday. If WWE wanted to ultimately bury the Total Diva cast as an insult to wrestling, then mission accomplished. If they truly believed that fans would rally behind them due to AJ's insults, then Vince McMahon is so far out of touch with how most fans feel about the Divas as a whole that it's downright scary. Unfortunately for AJ, and the rest of us who enjoy seeing a woman with the Divas Championship that's hot, charismatic, loaded with personality & genuine ability inside the ring, I see this leading to her dropping the Divas Championship to one of the Total Diva cast members.

As for Del Rio, I expect him to either flat out retain against Rob Van Dam or RVD to win the strap, only for Damien Sandow to successfully cash in his MITB contract almost immediately afterward. I could be wrong, but I'm expecting it to be the latter. Also, like I've pointed out in some other posts, the reports on RVD's deal with WWE state that he's taking time off after 90 days so, as a result, the likelihood of him having a genuine WHC run is pretty much zero. Sandow cashing in on him, however, gives Sandow an over babyface and high profile star to feud with until RVD's hiatus. Del Rio himself will probably be in the mix as well. The chief reason I'm expecting Sandow to cash in is that WWE is employing the tired formula of tearing him down to build him back up. Vince absolutely LOVES to do this with the WHC MITB winner and, if I'm not mistaken, the only match Sandow has won since winning the briefcase was on Main Event a few weeks back where he defeated Justin Gabriel.

Thats Interesting, never realised all champions were heel til now, but I reckon Night of Champions will change that.

Rollins and Reigns will be the first to drop them and it could be Night of Champions to Big Show and Mark Henry, don't think they should lose them but I believe it will happen.
Del Rio will retain the WHC at NOC but I think a returning Rey Mysterio will beat him at the next PPV after Night of Champions.

I think Curtis Axel will hold on for it for another couple of months we'll say Survivor Series because it's the only thing keeping him relevant and at the moment who else is there to win it.

Randy Orton will hold th wwe title to at least Survivor Series, I think thats when Daniel Bryan will finally capture it and cracks will appear in the Corporation.

Dean Ambrose will retain at Night of Champions, don't see any need to take the belt off him for another while as I don't think there is anyone there worthy of beating him.

AJ will be Divas Champion til Survivor Series IMO, I don't know who she'll lose it to

I think every current champion except AJ should join this Corporation soon either because they're champions or because they lose them and want heel help getting them back ie Alberto Del Rio

I guess I'm a bit biased, but I don't see AJ as a heel at all, especially after last Monday. But then again just about everyone she was dissing were doing a terrible job at getting the fans on their side.

I digress. If she is the heel, and if the writers are so out of touch with the fans that they believe we are rallying behind the Total Divas cast, then I'm almost positive here soon she will lose the Divas Championship. Probably at Night of Champions. Probably to a Bella. And once again we go about ignoring the Divas division like usual.

I think there was a time Batista, Jericho, Miz, McIntyre, ShowMiz, and Michelle McCool held the titles and were all heels, but I'm unsure.

HHH's regime has just started, so I don't see any Orton or The Shield losing their belts soon.

Orton and the shield will all keep their titles. It's too soon to make the corporation look weak and start disbanding.

WHC can go either way. Either RVD wins has a rematch at the next ppv then sandow cashes in or del rio retains RVD goes on hiatus and then starts a feud with a returning Rey mysterio

IC title- axel looses to cm punk. He's not ready to be a champion. Even with heyman he completely devalued the ic title. He needs more time and a better feud. To prove he is somewhat of importance

Divas title. I see Nattie taking the title for the sake of total divas. The way they are building her up to be the veteran that just trains all the newbies. Leading into the second season I think she will be looked at as the top diva

I don't. It would be kind of cool for him to win it so that it was relevant again but he doesn't need it and his feud isn't even with Axel.

It has been quite a while since WWE champions were all heels. Off the top of my head, I don't recall when the last time was.

Like I said or alluded to in a couple of the NOC match threads in the ppv section, I don't expect any of the champs associated with Triple H & The McMahons to drop their straps at NOC. I believe they'll all manage to retain their titles, most likely in some sort of controversial fashion. After all, since they're all associates of the WWE's current power structure in this angle, they're going to want this power structure to seem very formidable in actual match situations. They don't want to come off as a bunch of scrubs who can't get the job done apart from beating someone down when it's 4 against 1. That's what TNA did with Aces & Eights from the beginning and it's made them the weakest "major threat" the company has gone up against.

The centerpiece, of course, will be Orton vs. Bryan. The key here, in my opinion, is to make both Orton & Bryan look strong while not derailing Bryan's momentum. People want to see Daniel Bryan overcome the odds and take the WWE Championship back. After NOC, the story will be Bryan managing to get past the overwhelming odds against him to earn another WWE Championship shot against Orton. I might be wrong, but I believe what the numbers for Raw show in the next several weeks after the return of Monday Night Football could influence their decision. If WWE panics, they might decide to push the button on Bryan regaining the title at NOC. However, as with Punk last year, I think WWE will stand firmly behind Bryan and he'll be given the time necessary for fans to see that he's not just being used as a placeholder for Cena. I think there's a real possibility of Orton dropping the title to Bryan at HIAC, then having a rematch at Survivor Series and possibly a final blow off to their feud come TLC.

As for The Shield, again, I don't see them losing at Night of Champions. Indications are that, at least, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler and The Miz will be the ones to come to the aid of Bryan in the near future. I'm saying this only due to the fact that Renee Young seemed to single them out for an interview and that Ziggler & Show both had handicap matches against The Shield. Mark Henry could be part of it, as Show stated that he & Henry were teaming to go after the tag titles. Maybe that idea has been nixed or something? Since The Miz LOOKS to be either a part of this or about to become part of this, I could see him reforming his partnership with Show as Show-Miz to go after Rollins & Reigns while Ziggler goes after Ambrose for the US title.

As for Curtis Axel, it's difficult to say. I ultimately don't see his handicap match with Heyman as his partner against Punk being for the IC title. Thus far, the IC title being on the line hasn't been mentioned so, I'm assuming, that it isn't on the line. It seems that this angle & match is all being set up just so that Punk can get his hands on Heyman. Therefore, I see Axel getting pinned by Punk and eliminated, thus unable to help Heyman out.

As for AJ Lee, I thought she did a great job on the mic this past Monday. If WWE wanted to ultimately bury the Total Diva cast as an insult to wrestling, then mission accomplished. If they truly believed that fans would rally behind them due to AJ's insults, then Vince McMahon is so far out of touch with how most fans feel about the Divas as a whole that it's downright scary. Unfortunately for AJ, and the rest of us who enjoy seeing a woman with the Divas Championship that's hot, charismatic, loaded with personality & genuine ability inside the ring, I see this leading to her dropping the Divas Championship to one of the Total Diva cast members.

As for Del Rio, I expect him to either flat out retain against Rob Van Dam or RVD to win the strap, only for Damien Sandow to successfully cash in his MITB contract almost immediately afterward. I could be wrong, but I'm expecting it to be the latter. Also, like I've pointed out in some other posts, the reports on RVD's deal with WWE state that he's taking time off after 90 days so, as a result, the likelihood of him having a genuine WHC run is pretty much zero. Sandow cashing in on him, however, gives Sandow an over babyface and high profile star to feud with until RVD's hiatus. Del Rio himself will probably be in the mix as well. The chief reason I'm expecting Sandow to cash in is that WWE is employing the tired formula of tearing him down to build him back up. Vince absolutely LOVES to do this with the WHC MITB winner and, if I'm not mistaken, the only match Sandow has won since winning the briefcase was on Main Event a few weeks back where he defeated Justin Gabriel.

Especially since she said essentially the exact same things that got Daniel Bryan so over.

That is interesting that all the champs are heel. Maybe they are setting something up for the HHH storyline. It is difficult to predict which champ will drop the belt first. I cannot see Orton or The Shield dropping their belts in the near future. That leaves three other options:

Alberto Del Rio - I'm not the only one that thinks Del Rio as WHC isn't quite working. I do think that there are better options but I'm not sure who the next champ would be. RVD winning at NoC wouldn't shock me because he could be a perfect transitional champ for Sandow.

Curtis Axel - I think that dropping the IC belt good be a good career move in the future but right not he is fine holding the title. The only way that he drops the belt is if they have bigger plans for him and I can't see that happening.

AJ Lee - She is a terrific Divas Champion but I would not be shocked if they put the belt on Brie Bella to set up a power couple with Bryan. (Presuming Bryan wins the WWE championship). Although I don't watch Total Divas, I think it is obvious that would make good reality TV for the target demographic.

Personally I think Del Rio drops the belt first (and rightly so) but AJ Lee could a victim of the WWE wanting to push Total Divas.

I noticed that all of the champions were heel already but I don't feel like it is a major deal. I mean sure nobody can think of the last time that it happened but in all honesty it doesn't matter all too much in the grand scheme of the WWE. People will still be chasing titles, there's still feuds and there's still title matches. Sure it's a cool fact but at the end of the day it doesn't really mean too much except we can be assured there will be underhand tactics involved in their defenses....

As for who will be the next title holder to drop their title my bets are on ADR. And I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will be from Rhodes who wins the briefcase off Sandow and cashes in on ADR. However that's more fantasy booking then logic. However with that being said I don't see ADR as champion for much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back