• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heel Champions?

Reddog1146

Beating the odds since 1993
I noticed this a while ago, take a look at the current champions below:
WWE Champion- The Miz

Heavyweight Champion- Vacated

Intercontinental Champion- Wade Barrett

United States Champion- Sheamus

WWE Tag Team Champions- Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater

Divas Champion- Nikki Bella

They are all heels with the exception of the heavyweight title, which i am pretty sure del rio may win because he has been chasing that title longer than christian has. I have heard talk about how people do not want all faces to hold the titles but how do guys feel about all the heels winning the titles. Is it just as bad or are they opportunities for mid card faces to get their shots at titles in the long run?

There aren't many good faces in the business right now, that's why all the champs are heels. If they had a great face, like Edge was, then they would have a face champ. The only real face they have is Cena, but he get's too much negative heat as it is for them to make him a champ.

Its a refreshing change compared to where its normally well balanced. I hadnt noticed to be honest but now you point it out it has gone that way recently. With Edge retiring, Daniel Bryan chasing the title he dropped, Eve dropping to Nikki Bella (who will presumably get killed by Kharma) its a full on Face Chase for Extreme Rules...

and Extreme Rules is the reason i feel this has happened, its a good PPV for heels to use heelish tactics without them actually getting disqualified. Miz can "cheat" to win using Riley in the Cage match, Del Rio can have Brodus interfere in the Ladder match...Sheamus can go completely nuts to continue his streak of destroying the people who defeated him.

If it wasnt a pure accident then it was actually a clever set up to extreme rules

Sheamus is US champion just to give him something to do. Same with Wade Barrett. I love the US & IC titles but you can see that Sheamus and Barrett have just been given the titles while they wait to be in the main event again. IMO, Daniel Bryan should win back the US title as he is one of the best faces in the company when he is given on-screen time on RAW. I think Christian deserves to be WH champion later this year, but Del Rio should win at Extreme Rules because he deserves the championship. If a face were to win the WWE title, for me it would have to be John Morrison (or Daniel Bryan, but that's not going to happen because Vince and narrow minded fans don't like him).

Stuff like this happens all the time, and right now, I dislike it. I'll use the WWE title for example. Miz is the heal champion, and while many in the ICW love him, he only has two real chalengers, Cena and Orton, and he's been through both of em. There are far more heals around then faces, which is why I think we need some face champions. At least then the #1 contenders can actually shift around some. Once again using the WWE title, if Miz wins, we get a few more months of Cena vs Miz. If Cena wins, Miz can step down, making room for Cena vs one of many heals. See my point?

Once again using the WWE title, if Miz wins, we get a few more months of Cena vs Miz. If Cena wins, Miz can step down, making room for Cena vs one of many heals. See my point?

Good point.
Although If Morisson happens to win, we get alot more in depth storylines since he has really good history with the miz and the two can put on a good solid in-ring performance. Morisson also has R-truth to contend with , and I think it could be an opportunity to allow them to feud for a bit, so the crowd get less bored of cena and dont give him as much heat as he's been getting as of late.

Do I see this happening though?........ No!. What Im afraid will happen is, R-truth will interfere costing Morisson a shot at pinning the miz, cena will get the pin winning the title or miz will escape the cage retaining. This will set up a decent feud with R-truth and Morisson, but a feud which lacks something... possibly the title being on the line.

Bottom line, i'd rather not see cena winning the title or miz retaining. . . .But it'll probably happen. But I think a face Morisson could make a good match up here and there against a heel truth and heel miz for the title.

I agree that it is a bit of both between the fact that there isn't very many good faces about just now, they are totally out-numbered. But I also agree that this is a gateway for mid-card faces to step up and take the spotlight, which is something I'd love to see. Guys like Daniel Bryan, John Morrison, Christian etc if they can sort out their mic skills and character/personality issues.

On the other hand, I think the WWE really needs to be getting HHH in his new role to be scouting the globe for some new talent, particular guys with the whole package to become faces, because whatever the WWE are currently doing to recruit new stars isn't working. They need "ready made" guys to just step in there and know what they are doing to win over the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back