• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Biggest Match In History

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
With the brackets set up the way they are, I hope the final match is Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens vs. United States Champion, Alberto Del Rio for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt!!

Is it just me, K. O., and A. D. R., or do you want to see the biggest match in the history of Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment as the main event at Survivor Series 2015!?

WWE World Heavyweight Intercontinental United States Championship Title Unification match

WWE_World_Heavyweight_Championship.jpg

Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens vs. United States Champion, Alberto Del Rio

hqdefault.jpg

Three Championship Title Belts…Two Champions…One match… Winner take all!!

Del Rio for the World title? No thanks.

The match needs Reigns in the final in my opinion. That's where the real intrigue lies and that's why a lot of people are going to tune in for Survivor Series. Plus I can totally see them having Del Rio go over and fuck that ish.

If you don’t want Alberto Del Rio to win the match, then Kevin Owens could win it.

I understand this “intrigue” for Roman Reigns to be in the finals, but from what I’ve been reading, there are a lot of people who don’t want him winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt just yet. A lot of people are going to tune into the Survivor Series no matter what the WWE has in store for the WWE Universe.

The point I’m trying to make is, why not make this the biggest match in the history of matches. Why not have the number 2A and the number 2B face off against each other to see who really is the new number 1!? There’s just nothing bigger than Champion vs. Champion, Title for Title…for World Title. It’s unprecedented. The stars are aligned, and the right Stars to do it are in place. I’m just kidding about that last part. It could have been anyone as Intercontinental and United States Champion. It might have been better had it been Ryback and John Cena, but that’s neither here nor there.

Dean Ambrose could screw Roman Reigns in the semi-finals match, immediately followed by Roman Reigns screwing Dean Ambrose in the other semi-finals match, starting a feud between the Shield. Then in the main event…for the Undisputed / Unified WWE Intercontinental United States Heavyweight Championship Title of the World…

Wut?

Why would I want to see one man win the three championships that mean the most in the business? So instead of making three champions and having three separate and healthy divisions, you prefer just one Championship with a roster full of people waiting for a shot whilst every other match means absolutely jack shit.

Uh, no thanks.

Well, this wasn't what I was expecting.

I get where you're coming from. You already have one title on the line, and the other two singles title holders are in contention to win it. Putting all the straps on one guy would be a huge deal. In kayfabe, bigger than Rollins winning the US title from Cena at Summerslam, and bigger than Warrior's win over Hogan at Wrestlemania. But, that's kayfabe.

The two issues with this hypothetical are the people involved and where they go from the win. Del Rio isn't over nearly to the point necessary to carry all those belts. And the belts wouldn't make him either. He has a disconnect with many fans that just can't be bridged with wins and losses. Owens is over, and I could see the case for him, but then what? He goes on and defends 3 belts all the time? Or the other two minor titles dissolve into the WWE title and there is only 1 belt? Either way, it's too much for one character to take on.

Even if you switch the guys around, and have Reigns and Ambrose in there instead, it's too fast to make this happen. No build. No hype. Just a sudden, oh, yeah, by the way, all these titles are on the line. And then what? One guy gets made big time and the others are stepping stones along the way. That's the problem. When Jericho beat the Rock and Austin, he beat two huge names. If any of the four guys in this tournament beat the other three, they'd be beating some mid carders, a guy who didn't win a Wrestlemania main event, and Alberto Del Rio.

I understand the counterpoints to my topic. I was thinking, at the start of the show, Triple H could announce that if KO and ADR make it to the finals, both of their respective Championship Title Belts will be on the line as well. With the crowd thinking that’s impossible, that could be the swerves of the night…of the year…of the century.

Then to add one more swerve, have Sheamus cash in and become the Authority’s new Star. This gives Sheamus the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Belt, and the winner of the tournament could be the United-Continental Champion. Yes, this was a well-designed “Unify the mid-card Championship Title Belts” thread. HAHA!!

Of the four semi-finalists, the only one I WANT to see walk out of Survivor Series as WWE World Heavyweight Champion is Alberto Del Rio, but I can't see the finals being anything other than Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose. WWE is insanely high on Reigns and the IWC are a bunch of marks for Ambrose. The only thing I see happening is whichever one turns heel and joins the Authority wins the title.

If WWE really wanted to do something interesting, the finals would be Ambrose vs. ADR, with Del Rio getting the clean submission win and leaving Survivor Series as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Sorry, cant see charisma and ratings killer Alberto Lame Rio near WWE Title. So would 1000 times see Reigns vs KO or even brother vs brother Reigns vs Ambrose match before I see Del Rio near that title.

This reminds me of Wrestlemania 2000's Story mode, where you had to win the Hardcore, Tag, IC, and world title on your way to Wrestlemania

If one man won all the belts, it'd have to be del rio. Kevin Owens only has two shoulders and you know he's not getting a third around that "waist" of his.

Even if they included ownership of the WWE Itself as well as all the titles, I still wouldn't rank it in the top ten - biggest match in history - . Number one reason, Del Rio is in the match. Did you watch Del Rio vs Kalisto last night ? Two or three years ago that would've been a main event on any promotion, I was actually looking forward to a Del Rio match for once. Then they played botch and Del Rio landed his silly new special move. ( Even though he kind of tripped and made it look way better )

As much as I'd love to see Kevin Owens win the title at Survivor Series , the finals is pretty much written in stone. Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose - Somebody turns heel, either Ambrose or Roman.

I can honestly say that I've no real interest in Del Rio as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I've seen him in the spot a couple of times and, all in all, I can't say I was hugely impressed. Del Rio is someone who strikes me as being perfect for the tag team and/or upper mid-card scene, but I'm not really interested in him rising back to the main event, especially with his current gimmick as it just seems...well it just doesn't really connect with me.

As for Kevin Owens, I think he's going to be champion someday but I think it's too soon. As of right now, Owens is a heel that's needed, yet he's also a heel who can benefit from the absence of Cena, Orton and Rollins. I wouldn't be dead set against him winning the title, but I don't know if I really buy into it right now. Personally, I think the Intercontinental Championship picture needs him for a while longer; while it's no longer being treated like something for someone to carry around for a while, thankfully, it hasn't had the sort of stability we've seen the US title receive for much of the past year. It'd be much, much further along if Daniel Bryan hadn't been injured, Owens is an entertaining heel and I think he'd benefit more in the long run as a strong heel IC champ rather than being hot shot to the WWE WHC.

I don't see them doing a unification match and getting rid of two titles. They may have no direction for the midcard now but what would happen without the IC and US titles? Just look at the cruiser weights since the title disappeared.

The idea of one man having all 3 is interesting but runs into problems. I don't see them doing that with Del Rio - they kept the title off of him his last run because they felt he wasn't connecting, I don't see them giving him 3 titles. Owens would be interesting but again, I don't see them doing that yet. If you are going to give someone 3 title at once, it is going to be a big deal and I can't see either of them being that guy. Honestly, right now I don't see anyone in that spot. I was surprised when they let Rollins have 2 titles at once but look how quick that was. If they hadn't given Rollins 2 titles so recently, i could see either guy winning nad being a dual champ but I think wwe would be a little leery of doing that right now unless they want that guy to feud with Rollins and then they can say they held 2 titles just like him.

To be honest, I'm not sure who is ready for the WHC belt. Kevin Owens is the best candidate in that he can connect with the crowd and deliver in the ring, but his booking has been...I dunno, a little underwhelming?

ADR would be a bad choice, even though I'm perfectly cool with him having his current belt. Roman Reigns would've been adequate if he got the belt from Rollins, but I don't think he should win since Rollins had to vacate it. Maybe I'm wrong though and another loss would only hurt Reigns image.

Actually, the more I think about it, Roman Reigns and Owens are the only ones I think would work in any way.

If WWE really wanted to do something interesting, the finals would be Ambrose vs. ADR, with Del Rio getting the clean submission win and leaving Survivor Series as the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Oh my god, I'm SO glad you're not on Creative. I mean, I already knew this before based on your other posts, but this just confirms it...

How is this interesting per say? Del Rio, at this point, may be the most lame duck think going in WWE. Fans don't care about him already and he's been facing jobbers since his return. I just want to know in what planet would this be interesting?

How is this interesting per say? Del Rio, at this point, may be the most lame duck think going in WWE. Fans don't care about him already and he's been facing jobbers since his return. I just want to know in what planet would this be interesting?

Del Rio is talented. He does good work with what he's given. In the WWE, that hasn't been too much.

BUT, I'm inclined to agree with you. Of the matches in the tournament thus far, Del Rio's have been the least captivating. His character is also forgettable. Not that Ambrose has a compelling character either, and Reigns is just starting to build something, but arguing that Del Rio is the best of the worst isn't much of an argument. Plus, if we're being honest, Owens would win that contest on both match quality and crowd reaction.

It's not that Del Rio isn't talented, he just isn't very exciting in my opinion and certainly lacks the character at the moment. He was at his best when he had Ricardo Rodriguez and was coming out in the car every week. I was somewhat hoping for a return to that character. I also think what we need more than anything now is for the WWE to take risks and put new guys on top and they have more exciting performers in Owens, Cesaro, Ambrose and Reigns. I think Ziggler was close to that but has slipped through the cracks a bit. Del Rio is 38 and has already been a four time champion in WWE so it would be a mistake to put him at main event level, I can't see him carrying the company or being a big draw. The other four are all under 35 and have never been world champions in WWE, when Seth comes back adding him to the mix and potentially Daniel Bryan then you have a pretty solid main event scene with at least 5 or 6 top players

Del Rio is talented. He does good work with what he's given. In the WWE, that hasn't been too much.

BUT, I'm inclined to agree with you. Of the matches in the tournament thus far, Del Rio's have been the least captivating. His character is also forgettable. Not that Ambrose has a compelling character either, and Reigns is just starting to build something, but arguing that Del Rio is the best of the worst isn't much of an argument. Plus, if we're being honest, Owens would win that contest on both match quality and crowd reaction.

No I agree with you. I don't hate Del Rio but out of the 4 semi-finalists, he's in the worst position to win the title in terms of fan reaction and his positioning. Ambrose, Owens and Reigns all have the fans invested in them and this tournament has really revolved around those three. Del Rio is good in the ring, he just comes off as boring at everything else. I'm just saying in terms of interest, I have none in Del Rio as champion considering the other options.

Am I mad or are they position KO to move to the main event? He probably won't win...almost a certainty of that, but they moved him to midcard immediately taking on Cena and pushed on to the IC title, blew off Ryback and now into a PPV payday for the WWE title.

My point would be, there is a lot of thinking that Ambrose or Reigns has to take the top heel spot from Rollins for the next year and I am thinking maybe this is not the case.

There is only one SuperStar left in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Tournament that isn’t just a one-time mid-card or Tag Team Champion in the WWE. We are talking about the:

2010 Bragging Rights Trophy Winner with Team Smackdown
Mr. Raw Money in the Bank
2011 Royal Rumble Winner, the biggest Royal Rumble in history
WWE United States Champion
2 time World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WWE Champion

If anyone in the WWE today should be the Undisputed WWE United-Continental Heavyweight Champion of the World, it should be the Billion Pesos Man (he should bring back the cars entrance!!), El Patron, Alberto Del Rio. The only accomplishments he's missing are:

The WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (I'd have him win them with a returning Rey Mysterio)
The Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy (WrestleMania 32...defending WWE United-Continental Heavyweight Championship Title Belts, would be nice to add to his résumé)
The King Of The Ring Crown (2016 could be the year for El Rey Del Rio).

They should let him bring the AAA Mega Championship just to have 4 Belts draping over Zeb Colter's motorized wheelchair. I understand this whole “build for the future” talk, but if you want to build for the future, you have to start with the foundation.

Reading over all this stuff, I'm struck by the irony of the state of WWE and wrestling fans. Of three guys who might be considered title-worthy, many of you absolutely detest the thought of any of them winning the world title.

Roman Reigns, we've heard all about.....and how much many fans would hate if he won the big prize.

Alberto Del Rio....many don't want him because he's 'boring,' which indicates to me that working in technical fashion doesn't interest a lot of casual fans anymore.

John Cena.....yes, he isn't in the tournament, but a good (or bad) number of fans would abhor the man winning the world title again, largely because 'he's won it so many times.'

Dean Ambrose or Kevin Owens? Lots of you would love if either of them won it. In my opinion, these two are not in the class of the other three.....and I believe WWE management sees it that way, too...... yet many fans claim they'd be thrilled with either as world champion.

Fortunately, we all have a right to our opinions, although the way folks on this forum insult (often in profane fashion) the opinions of others keeps the turmoil alive.

Still, there are a heck of a lot of members who claim to love pro wrestling while hating everything that goes on in it.

And so it goes.

Sorry to tell the OP but this match idea is asinine. I don't know why, but people doesn't seem to care about the return of Del Rio. Perhaps it's the gimmick. And Kevin Owens is being an handy IC Champ, and he would've feuded with Ambrose if Rollins wouldn't have got injured.

On the other hand, I don't understand your plan for unifying all the titles. Then how would each superstar get validated? Why do you they fight every night? You mean all 100 stars in the roster should fight for one title? Does that title really worth that status? I'm not sure what OP has been thinking.

There is only one SuperStar left in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title Tournament that isn’t just a one-time mid-card or Tag Team Champion in the WWE. We are talking about the:

2010 Bragging Rights Trophy Winner with Team Smackdown
Mr. Raw Money in the Bank
2011 Royal Rumble Winner, the biggest Royal Rumble in history
WWE United States Champion
2 time World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WWE Champion

If anyone in the WWE today should be the Undisputed WWE United-Continental Heavyweight Champion of the World, it should be the Billion Pesos Man (he should bring back the cars entrance!!), El Patron, Alberto Del Rio. The only accomplishments he's missing are:

The WWE World Tag Team Championship Title Belts (I'd have him win them with a returning Rey Mysterio)
The Andre the Giant Memorial Trophy (WrestleMania 32...defending WWE United-Continental Heavyweight Championship Title Belts, would be nice to add to his résumé)
The King Of The Ring Crown (2016 could be the year for El Rey Del Rio).

They should let him bring the AAA Mega Championship just to have 4 Belts draping over Zeb Colter's motorized wheelchair. I understand this whole “build for the future” talk, but if you want to build for the future, you have to start with the foundation.

If there is anyone to prove that a long resume of titles can mean absolutely nothing it is Alberto Del Rio.

I would have no problem with Owens reaching the final to fall prey to Reigns but how can you suggest two heels, one of whom is so violently boring as to cause physical pain in Del Rio, going for the three main titles beyond your clear fetish for title belts?

Not only would such a match be a terrible final and feud, it would not even be the biggest match on the card, completely overshadowed by whatever Reigns and Ambrose are doing, nullifying any benefit that might be gained from a 'big' tournament.

first things first....no, i dont want to see a unification UNLESS, the winner has three championships and one doesnt go away (in other words, the one who wins the three championships has to defend THREE championships)....with that said, even then, it's kinda pushing it, but i wouldn't mind it then, however, it won't happen.

now for the tournament...i think it's pretty much known that it's going to be Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose, the only question is what happens in that match??? will Sheamus pull a Rollins and cash in when the match is going on?? will Roman or Dean turn heel??? my hope is that Roman turns heel and wins the championship in a swerve. i wouldn't hate Kevin Owens winning the Championship, but it seems that WWE doesnt think that Owens is ready yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back