Community Voting: Top 5 Worst Wrestlers (WZCW Magazine)

Damn I want to vote on this, but I'm not sure as creative if I should. Ah well... I'll throw out some names anyhow.

Any love for such legends as... John Smith, Joshua the Baptist, Jackson Williams, Andy Simmons, or CardiffCam?

Damn I want to vote on this, but I'm not sure as creative if I should. Ah well... I'll throw out some names anyhow.

Any love for such legends as... John Smith, Joshua the Baptist, Jackson Williams, Andy Simmons, or CardiffCam?

Oh my god, John Smith HAS to be on the list. I nearly forgot about him.

I think Joshua the Baptist is exempt due to murder.

Rodney McClain said:
"Shut the hell up before I slap your dumb ass. I’m a grown ass man and I do what I damn well please. I know I have a match tomorrow I know that I’m going to win it, I mean look who I’m facing. Granite this guy is a joke he didn’t even show up for our battle royal I have no reason to take him seriously he is a disgrace to our business and I’m ashamed that you would disrespect our fans by putting him back on the card.”

I'm glad I decided to look up what you guys were talking about. That stuff is golden.

The reveal of John Smith as Anita Dick was my greatest moment on Creative, bar none.

1. Doug Crashin
2. Jalapeno
3. Joe Mason
4. Hollywood Jamison
5. John Smith

So how does this work exactly, the person who gets the most mentions in general will be #1 and then the second most will be #2 and so on?

I never really read anything from Doug Crashin, but I trust enough of the people who have told me about him. Armando Paradyse needs to be up there just for the gag factor. Hollywood Jameson was Talon right?

1. Doug Crashin
  2. Hollywood Jameson
  3. Ewan Kampa
  4. Joe Mason
  5. Armando Paradyse

3. Jack O'Lantern

How dare you. Jack O'Lantern was the perfect seasonal character. Honestly though, if he would of just not wrote in blinding bold orange he probably could of became something here.

1 being "kinda shit" and 5 being "King of the Turds"

5: Doug Crashin - Crashin could be really bad at times, but in good ways. Like a cult classic "shit" movie, you know it's bad but that's the appeal.

4: Ferbian - Can't really say I remember too much about him. The point here is that he wasn't really a wrestler. Ferbs literally just put himself into the spot as if it was a CAW in a video game. In what was a shocker to no one, he did fuck all and disappeared.

3: Ricky Runn - First, take a tried-and-true gimmick of "party guy" and write it from the perspective of a guy who crashes high-school parties. Secondly, pair him up with a performer on the cusp on being a solid top guy who probably would have been better off not getting sucked into a shit team with an even bigger shit for a teammate. Finally, once people have come around and maybe found something to like in him, cut the legs out from under him, remove any part of the gimmick which gave him any sense of "character", and sanitize the shit out of him. What you have left is a shapeless, formless, but very much not odorless substance.

2: Cory Allen - Cory Allen only ever played one note, and that was "Juggalo". Having piloted the good ship "Gordito" on-and-off for over a year, I know that gimmick choices like that can lock you in a corner you'll never get out of; when I made Gordito, I expressly attempted to avoid the same traps Allen fell into. I knew being "Punk Rock" was going to get him through exactly 3 shows before I'd have to figure out other things to write about. I don't think Allen ever showed that in his career here, which I believe lasted far long than mine albeit with breaks. Alex Bowen is cut from the same kind of stock, but Alex Bowen also evolved and gave us much more to talk about than just "the Juggalo thing". Like Ferbian, it also reeks of "author surrogate" more than a character in an e-fed probably should (though not quite as literal as Ferbs).

1: DK Wilton - Much like Crashin, there was a potential here to be found. Unlike Crashin, it never had any moment to shine. For what it's worth, I remember there being other "former musician" gimmicks around trying to break into WZCW, and Max Karzai's departure was still rather fresh. That being said, Wilton was a train wreck; one train was full of horse shit, and the other was full of insecurity. I really wish someone else had come up with the idea for him. With a cool hand and a sense of style and subtlety, Wilton could have been gold. Of the 5, probably the biggest disappointment.

HONORABLE MENTION: FTS's guy, USA or something. If anyone could jerk themselves off harder than Ferbs, it was FTS.

DK Wilton vs. Max Karzai should have happened, dammit. I even tried talking to Creative about it. I was so sure I was going to return at the Lethal Lottery that year... :(

DirtyJosé;4135849 said:
4: Ferbian - Can't really say I remember too much about him. The point here is that he wasn't really a wrestler. Ferbs literally just put himself into the spot as if it was a CAW in a video game. In what was a shocker to no one, he did fuck all and disappeared.

Ferbian didn't quite do fuck all. He beat me for the Mayhem title before dropping it to Chris Jones, who Bowen beat to begin his insane reign.

And Ricky Runn was half of the tag team champions. A great tag team by the consensus of most people who have told me.

I'm going to throw some more names out there.

Scott Hammond.
Jason Armstrong
Ryan Raynes
TIW (Sorry Thriller)
Brad Bomb
Mark Hancock
Jack Skinner

I thought Jason Armstrong was a pretty solid RP'er. If he would've stuck with it, I think he could've been pretty good. Brad Bomb sort of surprises me on this list too.

Ooooh, now we're getting into the controversial picks! Brad Bomb and Scott Hammond, eh? TIW and Jack Skinner did at least have their gimmick being poor wrestlers for similar, yet different reasons.

I thought I would spice it up. I love Thriller and NSL as posters but I think they would both agree that those characters were not their best work by a good stretch.

Low Ki went through a phase of being brilliant as Hammond after the BiA split but not getting a win over Blade (which he nearly did) hurt him but the Sons of Destiny should have been much better.

Bomb could have been so much more but nothing happened with him.

And Ricky Runn was half of the tag team champions. A great tag team by the consensus of most people who have told me.

I'm going to throw some more names out there.

Scott Hammond.
Jason Armstrong
Ryan Raynes
TIW (Sorry Thriller)
Brad Bomb
Mark Hancock
Jack Skinner

I would totally agree. The character had potential, but I could not have written him much shittier than I did. That was totally the writer fucking up a character.

I liked Hammond, don't remember Armstrong or Raynes. Bomb and Hancock were decent, can't remember what happened to them. Skinner wasn't NSL's best work, but had a ton of potential.

This IS supposed to be a thread for the top five worst. As bland as some guys may have been, they certainly weren't as poor as people like John Smith or Ashleigh Falkon.

This does open up an idea for another thread. Maybe something like lost opportunities or potential, or unpopular opinions on WZCW characters? If egos can be kept in check and people can open up dialogues about it that could be a lot of fun and even give some people character ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back