CM Punk should Turn Face in the Future

InstantAttitude

Dark Match Winner
First post idk wtf I'm doing. Any who I'm looking through the roster and thinking of possible guys Punk can face in the future in an all honestly there's not really that much guys Punk can work with. I honestly think he should turn into Face once again. With the current heel Punk I'd like to see Programs with maybe Sheamus or The Miz as of now. But in future I can't see anyone else for Punk to face.
If Punk turns into a Face or Tweener there's a multitude of people he can face. Just to list some:
Cesaro
Sandow
Rhodes
Swagger
Ziggler
Barrett
and so on.

So do you think CM Punk should once again turn Face in order to create more feuds or stay a Heel?

I think he his best as heel but we cannot rule out him turning face. If he is the "best in the world" he should be able to do both and it would give us matches with the above. There are some great matches there and he might run out of faces to come up against. The timing is an issue. Being a heel suits him best and changing that would be stupid. If he ever becomes stale than they do have option of changing him into a face.

I can't see Punk as an all out face. I can see him moving more towards a "tweener" character. He already gets cheered as a heel. He has the ability to be funny but also be serious so I think he will move more towards a tweener role once he breaks away from Paul Heyman.

This thread is pointless. The fact is now it doesn't matter if you're billed as either a babyface or a heel. The fans decide who they like and don't like. CM Punk and now Ryback is seemingly supposed to be a heel but they get the biggest babyface pops and on the other side of the coin you have John Cena who is supposed to be a full blown babyface and he gets the biggest heel heat everywhere he goes so whether or not someone is supposed to be heel or babyface is irrelevant in today's wrestling.

Punk should be a face. His title run was going fantastically well when he was a face, turning heel completely ruined him. He became a typical chicken$h!t heel who couldn't win a match to save his life, and depended on an army of guys interfering on his behalf to keep his belt. Punk not only should turn face, he NEEDS to turn face.

I can't see Punk as an all out face. I can see him moving more towards a "tweener" character. He already gets cheered as a heel. He has the ability to be funny but also be serious so I think he will move more towards a tweener role once he breaks away from Paul Heyman.

That's funny because he was a clear face less than a year ago. His tweener status ended not long after "The Summer of Punk."

Punk as a face works. He was getting huge pops back when he was a face, but it's too soon. Punk's good enough to make even repeat feuds worth watching. I see no reason for him to turn back so soon. Not to mention, with Cena having the WWE Title, I have a hard time believing they wouldn't throw together another Punk/Cena feud. It's not going to be immediate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it by next year. Punk's too good not to be in the WWE Title scene as much as they can put him there. Plus, those two feed off each other very well and the matches are always good.

Also, with the heels you mentioned there, only 1 or 2 are even close enough to Punk's level to have a real feud with him.

CM Punk shouldn't be face or heel. He should just be CM Punk. Gives him a ton of flexibility too as he's not just restricted to facing Heels or Faces.

This thread is pointless. The fact is now it doesn't matter if you're billed as either a babyface or a heel. The fans decide who they like and don't like. CM Punk and now Ryback is seemingly supposed to be a heel but they get the biggest babyface pops and on the other side of the coin you have John Cena who is supposed to be a full blown babyface and he gets the biggest heel heat everywhere he goes so whether or not someone is supposed to be heel or babyface is irrelevant in today's wrestling.

While reactions are important the dynamic of heel/face doesn't change. The face does good things the heel is the antagonist. Just because the crowd were particularly up for one raw doesn't mean heel/face is dead. Give it a month and people will boo Ryback, Ziggler and The Shield while cheering Cena, Orton and Sheamus.

Punk will get cheered by some regardless of him being heel or face but there are many that will change their opinions based on him doing "good-guy" stuff or being a bad guy.

That's funny because he was a clear face less than a year ago. His tweener status ended not long after "The Summer of Punk."

But that was before he got so far over as a major heel. He is now so far over as the top heel that turning him back to an all out face, wouldn't work with his character NOW, IMO. BUT if he goes back to a tweener, it would work.

If they ever want to try to go back to his long hair, face character, they'd have to have him as a tweener first for awhile before going back to the all out face Punk, in my opinion.

WWE is lacking in faces because the audience boos every good guy and cheers the bad guys.

WWE likes to turn people that are heels that get cheered by the " smart " crowd, when in reality makes the crowd boo them because they enjoyed the heel mentality.

Faces and heels are disappearing. Now its just cheering and booing for whoever you want, no matter what they do.

Point being was the Sheamus and Orton match on raw. Nobody cared because nobody cares about Orton as a face. Alot of fans boo orton because they want him heel, yet when they turn him heel, he will probably be cheered by the smart marks. Sheamus is just boring as a heel or face fella. Don't care about him

I really dont know how WWE can fix the problem

On the subject of Punk. He enjoys being a heel much more then a face anyway. Then again, he doesnt like smart marks, based on his big FU to them in this video from last weekend with HOT97 lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYTL1V9giE

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYTL1V9giE[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe Punk will come back after WM and talk about how he's been humbled by Taker, how he realises his arrogance was misplaced. Then Cesaro can come out and say "yes, your arrogance was misplaced! You suck!" I would wet my pants for a Punk Cesaro feud.

The whole reason CM Punk turned heel again at Raw 1000 was because he realized he was never going to surpass John Cena as the face of the company, so I don't see him becoming a face again unless Cena gets hurt and is out of action for an extended amount of time.

The whole reason CM Punk turned heel again at Raw 1000 was because he realized he was never going to surpass John Cena as the face of the company, so I don't see him becoming a face again unless Cena gets hurt and is out of action for an extended amount of time.

He is the best heel they have... minus Fandango :lmao:

I thought all of you geeks on this site hated faces? In the comments section, I constantly see you guys spitting on faces and praising heels. (does it boost your own self-esteem by supporting "bad" guys?) For example, all of you hated Ryback as a huge babyface but just last Monday night we got a thin look into the future - Ryback heel turn. I can imagine all of you praising and sucking Ryback's d**k if he turns heel for some reason. That being said, I hate this CM Punk. He's not a good heel...he's a typical heel - whiny, irritating, and f***ing annoying as hell with the whole mocking Paul Bearer thing. Pathetic. I don't mind Punk as a face I love faces and I love heels as well, but not like you people I don't love every heel. I LOVE the rebellious and fighting Punk that we saw in 2011 after his pipebomb. I loved his attitude I loved everything. Now he's a typical whiny s.o.b. which will get him nowhere. I don't mind if he turns face, but I don't want him to turn full babyface like The Rock or Kofi Kingston or John Cena and suck up to the stupid crowd. I want him to be rebellious and give pipebombs and do what he does best. Stop this whiny bitchy moany character and bring back the iconoclast!

I thought all of you geeks on this site hated faces? In the comments section, I constantly see you guys spitting on faces and praising heels. (does it boost your own self-esteem by supporting "bad" guys?) For example, all of you hated Ryback as a huge babyface but just last Monday night we got a thin look into the future - Ryback heel turn. I can imagine all of you praising and sucking Ryback's d**k if he turns heel for some reason.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'll always despise Ryback. Him attacking Cena on RAW and starting a feud between the two will only make me cheer Cena for the first time since.... probably 2004 or so. Ryback is my most hated wrestler of ALL time, and nothing is going to change that. Although, Fandango is rapidly closing in and broke into the Top 3 after this past Monday.

I found Punk to be pretty boring as a face. He's a natural antagonist and a great heel, but as a baby face he really does seem to struggle. As for match ups, I think he should be used to elevate other baby faces. I'd actually like to see him work a program with Kofi to get something out of him.

Ryback is my most hated wrestler of ALL time, and nothing is going to change that. Although, Fandango is rapidly closing in and broke into the Top 3 after this past Monday.

Ryback is your most hated wrestler of ALL TIME. Fandango has broken into your TOP 3 most hated of ALL TIME.

When did you start watching wrestling? 6 months ago?? Either that or you have the memory span of a fruit fly.

I think CM Punk should come back face for a short period just so he can work w/ guys like Cesaro, Barrett, and Sandow who could benefit greatly from the rub.

I think when they're ready to have a Lesnar vs Punk feud that would be the time to turn him face. He's got to have a falling out with Heyman and split the two. I think you can get a few more months as a heel. But come Summerslam I think that would be the time to turn him back face.

With Cena holding the WWE Championship, Punk should be a heel all the way. Let Cena hold the belt for a year, let Punk be the best in the world for a year, and then let them collide in a winner takes all match at WrestleMania XXX. Loser leaves town. The WWE ain't big enough for the two of us. However Vince and Triple and Nipple H want to bill it. Of course the loser wouldn't really leave, they'd just do like Macho Man and beg for reinstatement for a good long while. It's really the only way.

CM Punks best work is as a heel . I still would like him as a face however some people get bored eventually of him as a face but as heel people love his work.

Ryback is your most hated wrestler of ALL TIME. Fandango has broken into your TOP 3 most hated of ALL TIME.

When did you start watching wrestling? 6 months ago?? Either that or you have the memory span of a fruit fly.

I've been watching for over 20 years. Ryback pushed Sabu out of the top spot, and Colin Delaney and Necro Butcher round out the Top 5.

I think CM Punk should come back face for a short period just so he can work w/ guys like Cesaro, Barrett, and Sandow who could benefit greatly from the rub.

lol 36 year old and posting on a wrestling forum - and yet playing the age card to try to punk out someone. LOL

in any case - back to topic - Punk as a face worked, as a heel is working. As a fan I'd rather have him back in a title chase again, he is a fab character when going after titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back