• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk And His Fans Hypocrisy

StylezClash3:16

2015 King Of The Ring
You are being warned. I'm about to tick off a lot of you CM Punk marks. If you are highly sensitive I suggest that you please do not continue reading. This is coming from my heart and is purely subjective. I could be wrong.

Being that you've read up to this point, I'm assuming you know that I'm about to pull no punches. So hear we go. In my opinion, CM Punk is one of the most overrated superstars in WWE history. He comes out to echoes and only gets heat if he uses cheap tactics. I know that WWE likes to mess with people's reactions, but in some cases most notably with Punk, there's nothing. The most important thing about pro-wrestling is getting a reaction. If you get a reaction from the crowd, you are probably going to make the promoter money. There's a reason why Punk isn't on magazines and covers. The only people that cheered for Punk were marks and they are constantly drowned out by the casual audience.

Let me make this plain and simple. I'm a member of the IWC. I'm a smart mark, mark, whatever you wanna call it. I won't deny that. But we are not in the majority and Vince knows that. Punk would make a great face of the company especially with his charisma, but his in-ring work is sloppy. I won't count the last year because he's been burnt out. But look at this botch right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-h9OGvTcwE&feature=related

I know the GTS takes two people, I'm in training, but the man constantly botches. I wouldn't have gone on this mini rant but it came to my attention that CM Punk made a "homophobic" remark. I'm not even gonna bother with Glaad and other watchdog companies but I will say this. If you teach kids to rely on corporate fat slops to defend you in battles, you will create a monster. If you only concentrate on what other people say and not help kids who are hanging themselves, you're no better than the people you hate. Just my opinion. But we've all seen Punk's talk to a fan. What I wanna bring up is this:

“Marriage is a totally out dated concept. Gay, straight, whatever. The fact that there’s a bunch of ***** out there that have an OPINION on somebody elses lifestyle and don’t want them to have the same basic human rights everybody else has makes me want to clobber some rebublicans. **** the religious moral majority, let whoever wants to marry whoever, get the **** married. I love the moral high horse hypocrisy bull****. I know super religious pricks do tons of steroids, but a homosexual life style to them is reprehensible. **** that.” -A direct quote from CM Punk

Now check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhvEbrakyho

Lol Punk sit down you hypocrite. Don't generalize religious people. The only reason why you get to botch moves and moan when you don't get a belt is because are armed forces are out there. A lot of them are christians, muslims, ext. You can say that I'm a typical hypocrite Christian, but don't say all of us. Don't tell me the man who just lost his leg saving an arab citizen is a hypocrite because he believes in a higher power. Don't tell me the Catholic that runs an orphanage and gave up his life for the sake of children is a piece of trash.

So go ahead IWC. Defend this scumbag because he's "the greatest wrestler in the world" despite the fact he's comes out to echoes.

Hi, it boils down to this... I put on the WWE and I enjoy watching CM Punk, thats all that matters in a tv program... does it not? Oh yeah thought so, so why do I need to defend that because you don't agree with me? I don't.. thanks for the insight though.

You are being warned. I'm about to tick off a lot of you CM Punk marks. If you are highly sensitive I suggest that you please do not continue reading. This is coming from my heart and is purely subjective. I could be wrong.

You are, I already know.

Being that you've read up to this point, I'm assuming you know that I'm about to pull no punches. So hear we go. In my opinion, CM Punk is one of the most overrated superstars in WWE history. He comes out to echoes and only gets heat if he uses cheap tactics.

Absolute horseshit. He does get great heel heat. I'm not sure if you realize this, but Raw is live (usually.) They don't put fake pops or fake heat in the live broadcasts as evident by Cena's boos. He garners heat by being an awesome character, a unique character.

I know that WWE likes to mess with people's reactions, but in some cases most notably with Punk, there's nothing. The most important thing about pro-wrestling is getting a reaction. If you get a reaction from the crowd, you are probably going to make the promoter money. There's a reason why Punk isn't on magazines and covers. The only people that cheered for Punk were marks and they are constantly drowned out by the casual audience.

Punk isn't supposed to be cheered, he's a heel. He does get a great heel reaction, saying otherwise is an absolute lie.

Let me make this plain and simple. I'm a member of the IWC. I'm a smart mark, mark, whatever you wanna call it. I won't deny that. But we are not in the majority and Vince knows that. Punk would make a great face of the company especially with his charisma, but his in-ring work is sloppy. I won't count the last year because he's been burnt out. But look at this botch right here.

Yeah, everyone has botches from time to time. But guess what? For every botch he has he has 5 excellent matches. Hell this year alonehe has had 2 or 3 awesome matches with Oyton, a few with Rey, and hell, the best Raw Triple Threat match in a very long time featured him. You're quite dense.

I know the GTS takes two people, I'm in training, but the man constantly botches.

Whatever.

I wouldn't have gone on this mini rant but it came to my attention that CM Punk made a "homophobic" remark. I'm not even gonna bother with Glaad and other watchdog companies but I will say this. If you teach kids to rely on corporate fat slops to defend you in battles, you will create a monster. If you only concentrate on what other people say and not help kids who are hanging themselves, you're no better than the people you hate. Just my opinion.

I don't get it, are you saying that Punk is hiding behind Vince and company because of this? Because his apology definitely says otherwise.

But we've all seen Punk's talk to a fan. What I wanna bring up is this:

“Marriage is a totally out dated concept. Gay, straight, whatever. The fact that there’s a bunch of ***** out there that have an OPINION on somebody elses lifestyle and don’t want them to have the same basic human rights everybody else has makes me want to clobber some rebublicans. **** the religious moral majority, let whoever wants to marry whoever, get the **** married. I love the moral high horse hypocrisy bull****. I know super religious pricks do tons of steroids, but a homosexual life style to them is reprehensible. **** that.” -A direct quote from CM Punk

I see that not only is Punk an awesome wrestler, he's my kind of guy.

Now check this out.

Lol Punk sit down you hypocrite.

Okay, I know what he did is wrong, he knows what he did is wrong, we all do. He apologized for it because it was a douche thing to do. But let me make this clear: the fact that he called someone a Homo does not make him Homophobic. He used a slur in a fit of rage when he let someone get the best of him. It wasn't the right thing to do, but it wasn't the end of the world. If he would have left that part out, everyone would be praising him for shutting that heckler down.

Don't generalize religious people. The only reason why you get to botch moves and moan when you don't get a belt is because are armed forces are out there. A lot of them are christians, muslims, ext. You can say that I'm a typical hypocrite Christian, but don't say all of us. Don't tell me the man who just lost his leg saving an arab citizen is a hypocrite because he believes in a higher power. Don't tell me the Catholic that runs an orphanage and gave up his life for the sake of children is a piece of trash.

It's becoming clear that you're using Punk as a scapegoat for your own personal agenda here. He's allowed to believe what he wants, I happen to agree with him on his religious views as do a lot of others. He never disparaged the troops or anything of the sort. He used a homophobic slur in the heat of the moment and apologized accordingly. Shut the fuck up.

So go ahead IWC. Defend this scumbag because he's "the greatest wrestler in the world" despite the fact he's comes out to echoes.

People make mistakes, Punk is no different. Just like you've made a mistake by making this post, because you're clearly misinformed.

Personally, Punk has earned a lot of respect from me with the way he has handled this. He knows he fucked up and he isn't hiding it. Go look at his apology on Twitter, does that look like some generic corporate apology? No, he spoke from the heart. A man who can acknowledge his short comings earns a lot more respect from me than a man that hides behind lawyers or admits no wrong doing.

Sorry YesIamaduck, I didn't want it to come across like that. I'm much like you watch WWE to be entertained. Nothing else. But when he came across my faith and people that are currently suffering I had to let my feelings out. I have a bit of a biased against gays because of what a few of them did to me, but I hate how some of their defenders do just as worse as they claim "homophobes" do. As for people liking Punk, thats okay. I don't like his attitude though.

Hey Nate, if you remember, I made it plain and clear that this is subjective and it just frmo my thoughts. There are not many wrestling fans out there, so here is a place to share my thoughts with the world. It's not a fact, but my opinion. I stated that I don't like when fans say that it's okay for Punk to whine and moan and then do what he hates and people love him but when someone else does it it's a huge problem. To tell me to shut the **** up negates the reason we use this website.

Hey Nate, if you remember, I made it plain and clear that this is subjective and it just frmo my thoughts. There are not many wrestling fans out there, so here is a place to share my thoughts with the world. It's not a fact, but my opinion. I stated that I don't like when fans say that it's okay for Punk to whine and moan and then do what he hates and people love him but when someone else does it it's a huge problem. To tell me to shut the **** up negates the reason we use this website.

You stated that he gets "echoes" when he enters an arena. That is not something you can really have an opinion on, is it? You said that he botches move constantly, which is also bullshit. If you're saying these things and I know them to be untrue, therefore, I have every right to call you a liar.

You clearly don't have a strangle hold on the whole kayfabe vs reality debate, do you? Punk comes out and whines about not getting his fair shake because that's what his character does. Heels are supposed to be hypocritical, that's what makes them so easy to hate. After he said what he said, he clearly stepped out of character to apologize which is a rare breach of character from him. To me, that's something to respect and why I'm not going too hard on him for it. You show his past comments on Religion and Gay Marriage as a way to show his hypocrisy, but all that showed me was that his utterance of the slur was off handed and not very well thought out. The apology confirms this.

Telling you to shut the fuck up does not negate the reason we use this site because you don't have to listen. Although you probably should.

Just to add to what Nate said, because hes 100% right, Punk one of the most overrated superstars? are you serious? Its like you didnt even see the promo he cut last week. And as far as the christian stuff, I'm pretty sure he didnt say StylesClash3:16 is a hypocritical christian, he was just refering to the MAJORITY of christians that pretend to stand up for whats right yet they judge others for their personal beliefs. Punks not being a hypocrite for using the word "homo", it just slipped out of anger and his appology proves he wasnt trying to incite anger in the homosexual community.

Punk is one of the best in the history of wrestling.

StylesClash your examples are lame. The video you showed of him "botching" clearly looked right to me. It looked like it was supposed to be a spinning huricnrana and Punk countered into a GTS.

Punk likes to get the crowd fired up as a heel...sometimes he goes too far. Which on of us HASN't made a mistake in life that they wish they could take back? Your example about his rant on gay marriage...LOTS of people feel that way! Punk isn't afraid to say whats on his mind. This world has made that taboo.

When Punk won his first title...he was cheered at the time because Punk (as a face) beat Edge (a heel at the time). A face is supposed to be cheered and a heel is supposed to be booed. Punk is one of the best heels this business has seen.

I personally wish that WWE would let him do more on the mic like last week.

Your accusations that Punks in-ring work is sloppy...show me a match that Punk was sloppy...I DARE YOU. Like Nate said...everyone has a off night every once and awhile. Hell Undertaker has had them before. Back to you example...how old was thnat video? Punk has very minimal tattoos ans long hair, so Im guessing right in his early career with WWE.

Your opinions are flawed and your examples to back them are horrible.

Just because he said a homophobic slur when trying to garner heat, cheap though it may be, does it has no effect on his opinions. CM Punk, seems to have supported gay marriage, and basic humans rights as a whole in his past statements, and I'm sure it is reflected in his actions. Calling someone a hypocrite based on single utterance is over-simplistic and naive, I have been guilty of using what would be considered homophobic slurs in the past, it does not change my position on my support for gay marriage and other basic human rights. People make mistakes, CM Punk has apologized and I'm sure the "it gets better" video will follow.

Being that you've read up to this point, I'm assuming you know that I'm about to pull no punches. So hear we go. In my opinion, CM Punk is one of the most overrated superstars in WWE history. He comes out to echoes and only gets heat if he uses cheap tactics. I know that WWE likes to mess with people's reactions, but in some cases most notably with Punk, there's nothing. The most important thing about pro-wrestling is getting a reaction. If you get a reaction from the crowd, you are probably going to make the promoter money. There's a reason why Punk isn't on magazines and covers. The only people that cheered for Punk were marks and they are constantly drowned out by the casual audience.

I know the GTS takes two people, I'm in training, but the man constantly botches. I wouldn't have gone on this mini rant but it came to my attention that CM Punk made a "homophobic" remark. I'm not even gonna bother with Glaad and other watchdog companies but I will say this. If you teach kids to rely on corporate fat slops to defend you in battles, you will create a monster. If you only concentrate on what other people say and not help kids who are hanging themselves, you're no better than the people you hate. Just my opinion. But we've all seen Punk's talk to a fan. What I wanna bring up is this:

Now check this out.

Lol Punk sit down you hypocrite. Don't generalize religious people. The only reason why you get to botch moves and moan when you don't get a belt is because are armed forces are out there. A lot of them are christians, muslims, ext. You can say that I'm a typical hypocrite Christian, but don't say all of us. Don't tell me the man who just lost his leg saving an arab citizen is a hypocrite because he believes in a higher power. Don't tell me the Catholic that runs an orphanage and gave up his life for the sake of children is a piece of trash.

You are 17 years old. Still a teeny bopper and CM Punk has wrestled longer than you have BEEN ALIVE. Your opinion is worthless, it is so off base its pathetic.

So WWE brass gives people the titles because no one cares about them? WWE brass put CM Punk in at least 3 huge WWE storylines in the past 5 years because no one reacts to him?

You are a FUCKING IDIOT. Hows that for laying it all out there? I will get an infraction for this but so what. I will say what most people wont here because they are afraid of their rep going down.

You had NO FACTS in your rant. Did you watch Raw? Did you hear the CM PUNK chants? Its not just IWC that loves him. Every REAL fan of wrestling knows how good this guy is. He does everything above average.

Mr. Perfect is a legend right? He wasnt all over magazines and wrestling buddies and mugs and shit but he was great.

You are a little boy, once you hit puberity and your balls drop then come back and talk about wrestling with the big boys.

Now I dont want any other teenagers to take this the wrong way because I am not saying younger fans cant have a good amount of knowledge but what I am saying is it DOES TAKE a little teenaged boy to say something so fuckin ******ed. I apologize if I offend anyone else. But the dude obviously takes it back door because all of this rant comes from him not liking what CM PUNK SAYS...not what he does in the WWE.

Now check this out.

Where do I start... As you've stated yourself this is obviously an opinion based thing, so I don't think you could be more wrong.

I can bet you all the money in the world that when Punks music hits in Chicago on Sunday the roof will blow off the place. Punk might not gain a reaction like Austin did or The Rock but who does? Using cheap tactics to get heat? Isn't that a heels job? Did you see his segment with Rey Mysterio and his daughter? (To name one.) He was booed out the place.

In ring work sloppy? Since Jericho left the one person that can be relied on to pull out a great match on a regular basis is Punk. His matches are consistently fantastic. The example you use is also a red herring. He's hitting a move on a guy Rey's size that is very difficult to his on a small guy. It's just a fact. I also remember that incident and remember Punk seeming genuinely upset afterwards and running to the back to check on him.

The gay remark, you seriously going to tell me you've never said anything like that? It doesn't make it right but it happens. Punk's came straight out and apologised and there's a report on this very website on the front page that seems to suggest he feels like a genuine tool because of it and apologised off his own back. People say things in the heat of the moment, it happens, sure it's not right but I've done it myself so I'm not going to villify someone for it.

His beliefs about christianity and that. You can be religious all you want I don't give a flying fuck, same way I assume you don't give a shit whether I'm religious or not. Punk can have his opinion on that and he's welcome to it whether you agree with him or not that doesn't make him a bad person. It also makes 0 difference to how entertaining a wrestler he is. Stone Cold's a convicted women beater and does that bother you? Who's worse Austin for beating up his wife or Punk for having an opinion.

Now check this out.

you said he gets heat by using cheap tactics then you go on to say only successful wrestlers get a reaction so hows he overatted hes better than orton cena and morrison put together u also talk about he botches when does morrison ever hit the starship pain properly hes always missing

I don't want to waste a lot of time typing a response so I will make mine short. Punk is, in fact, a great wrestler, he does get good heat, plus if he didn't, and people just sat there and where quite then there is no possible way that the average fan would drown out an IWC fan like you said they would. Plus with the homophobic statement Punk made he said he feels like a complete douche for that and that he shouldn't have done it, his actually a supporter of gay rights.

As far as botching goes you can't tell me that there is one wrestler alive who has never botched, everyone does it from time to time, for every botch Punk does he executes another 100 moves perfectly.

Also Punk never said every single religious person is a hypocrite, just the ones dumb enough to focus on gay rights as something terrible. Like the guy that said the world was going to end in May, he said it was because homosexuals where getting overwhelming support, that's not a cause for the world ending that's because the amount of stupid people has decreased in recent years. No actual study for that, just kinda hope its true.

Anyways that's the end of my rant.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hes a good wrestler , mostly cool guy , I don't care if he calls people homos or challenges random fans to fights. I think thats funny if anything

As for the botch on Rey video , honestly isn't the GTS supposed to hit in the face? I always thought it seems more stupid when he GTS'es people in like the chest :shrug: Ah well whatever

I however do have a problem with this statement

He really IS being a hypocrite here by being a moral high horse person himself , just with a different set of morals.

CM Punk is a douchebag on a moral high horse himself , being too good for drugs and alcohol , and sticking up for gay rights. Hes just got different morals but hes absolutley on a moral high horse himself. :disappointed:

Far as I'm concerned if someones gay and/or on roids thats THEIR OWN business , I don't condone of either thing but whatever.

At the end of the day , you can't expect to see eye to eye with ANYONE on EVERYTHING , except maybe only your closest friends and family.

For a guy I don't REALLY know CM Punk as a human being seems OK. As a wrestler/entertainer he seems GREAT at it. :shrug:

Im not sensitive, I just believe you to be wrong. Allow me to explain.

Have you ever been to a live show that CM Punk has been apart of? I have, both during his time in ECW, and also on Smackdown and on Raw. Punk, as a heel or face, recieved close to the most heat a superstar can get. I was a at Cena/Punk match and the crowd was split 50/50, with half of the fans cheering for Punk, the other half for Cena. Now maybe that's only in Pittsburgh he gets a reaction from the three shows Ive been to, but Id say youre quite wrong. Punk has drawn tremendous heat when he was fighting Rey, when he joined the Nexus, during his feud with Orton, and particularly when he was involved in his angle with Jeff Hardy. They can't mess with a crowd reaction on a live PPV, and his promo in the crowd at NOC 2009, for example, received deafening heat.

Im sorry, this means what? One of the biggest reasons that WWE got firmly behind Punk and pushed him to the moon as a heel in 2009 was because of his in-ring work. Ive seen him botch the GTS all of two times in the years ive been watching him, in the Armageddon match you referenced from 2008, and to Kane last year in a their Fatal Four way qualifying match on Smackdown. Punk is one of the best ring generals in the WWE, and he's proved that time and again by having consistently good matches with anyone he's in the ring with.

Further, you're contradicting yourself. First you said that Punk isn't the face of the company because he comes out to crickets, and now youre saying he has charisma, which generally draws crowd reaction, as it does for Punk. Now youre saying he's not the face of the company because he's sloppy in the ring, and the best you could do was pull out a video from 3 years ago? Weak.Everyone botches moves, the all-time greats certainly did, and so does CM Punk. Again, how does this make him overrated? I could see if he was injuring people left and right, but his simply not.

I know the GTS takes two people, I'm in training, but the man constantly botches

Good for you. That's relevant how? You're in training, and CM Punk is a superstar in the biggest company in the world. How does that make you credible? Again, no proof of the "constant" botches, because there are only a few. His matches against Hardy in 09, any match between he and Rey, any match between he and Jeff Hardy, his matches with Orton this year, and the triple threat match he had with Rey and Truth on Raw a few weeks ago are a testament to how good he is between the ring. But don't let facts get in the way of your argument and all. ;)

I wouldn't have gone on this mini rant but it came to my attention that CM Punk made a "homophobic" remark. I'm not even gonna bother with Glaad and other watchdog companies but I will say this.If you teach kids to rely on corporate fat slops to defend you in battles, you will create a monster. If you only concentrate on what other people say and not help kids who are hanging themselves, you're no better than the people you hate. Just my opinion. But we've all seen Punk's talk to a fan. What I wanna bring up is this:

Except for the fact that CM Punk issued an apology himself. He called himself a "dousche", said what he said was "bullsh*t", and that he apologized to "those he hurt with his careless words". How exactly is this having someone else fight his battles? I commend him for owning up to his actions, and not saying he's "sorry if people were offended by what he said." He owned up, what more do you want from the guy? Read the story before you go on mini-rants.

All this proves is that he feels the concept of marriage is outdated. How exactly does this make him homophobic, exactly? He wants EQUAL rights for all people, that's bad how?

"Youre stupid and youre ugly and you have no friends?" Maybe I missed something, but how is that not him going for heat, or just indicative of him having a bad temper? That doesn't make him a hypocrite, nor does it mean he doesn't have the right to speak his mind. I see where you're finally TRYING to come from, you disagree with his views and the way he talks to people, so he's a terrible wrestler! That's all Ive gathered from here so far. Maybe he is a dick, and I dont agree with his views either, but they don't bother me. I seperate what he does between the ropes with what he does outside of it. You don't.

Now your argument has come completely off the rails. The only reason he's a wrestler is because of the armed forces? How so? I support our troops as much as anyone, God bless em, but I don't see what you're saying here. I don't think you're a hypocritical Christian, just one whose let his religious views clowd his opinion on someone's wrestling ability.

I dont care whether he's a scumbag or not outside of the ring, anymore then I care how many guys Kelly Kelly has slept with outside of it. I may not respect someone as a person, but I can appreciate their ability. Its the same with my favorite hockey team, or football team. We employ arguably the dirtiest players in each game in James Harrison and Matt Cooke. Harrison is a scumbag who beat up his girlfriend in an argument over baptizing their son, and a headhunter on the field. Cooke is a great guy off the ice, and a cheap shot artist on it. But I appreciate their ability and what they bring to my team. Just the same as I appreciate what Punk does between the ropes, not the lifestyle he lives or stands for outside of it. There's a seperation there, one you clearly are incapable of grasping.

Punk is the best villian in wrestling... Very disrespectful thread!! He should be treated like a reigning messiah. :worship:

GTS needs to be sold properly. Dont blame him for the WWE carrying a bunch of clueless wrestlers. Watch his match w/ Rey and all his matches with Orton this year. Put him in the ring with someone that actually has a clue what to do in the ring and you will get a great match.

Best combination of pure mic skills and wrestling abilities.

Did you not just make this thread to generate anger amongst the fans of punk on this board?. so why be a hypocrit about it with this stupid statement?, if your gonna be a dick at least defend the fact that your being one...:banghead:

Why?, because the guy is doing his job?, Punk generates heat, yes, sometimes the guy goes out of his own way and does things that are not appropriate such as the homo remark but didn't JBL do a natzi salute to piss of the german public?.

When the general audience boo punk, they hate him, it means he's playing a character one that is a heel no less...

Punk's ring work is sloppy?, wait?, are you training to be a wrestler?, you probably are and are now so educated that you understand how to critisice the ring work of someone who has been in this industry for decades, that my friend is elitism...:disappointed:

yep, a wannabe wrestler critiscising someone's work, oh here we go.....

and also do you know whats hypocritical, you attempting to comment on another mans mistakes, you probably think you know everything with your two days of training per week, that's like me coming out of my acting degree course and commenting on another actors ability who has career has spand decades.

and like an actor Punk has the ability to capture his audience weather you like him, hate him or resent him it means he's doing his job, unlike what your doing at the moment.

Punk wouldn't be were he is today if it wasn't for his abilities in ring, out the ring and on the mic, Punk knows what he's worth hell the industry know's it because even though he has worked hard to get were he is today he still considers himself a student by any means he is still learning and understands what wrestling is all about, you my friend don't, since last week people tuned into raw to see punk, people will tune into MITB and buy tickets to the PPV to see Punk, and in the end this whole cenario will test Punks ability to draw on his own means, not Cena's and i do hope Punk resigns because he has done something that the Nexus couldnt do since their debut, he caught our attention and has maintained it without even being on TV.

you'r the hypocrit, you've just attempted to pick apart an individual based on your own biase, you haven't commented on his career through the indies, the fact that he studied under william regal even though he made a name for himself prior and the fact that he respects this business alot more than you do, train first, go out and make a name for yourself and then come back and comment.

Okay first thing I'm gonna say thank you StylezClash3:16... Just because of you, after following this website for a year, I made a account with wrestlezone. You see this has nothing to do with religion. This is all about how you don't like CM Punk. I love CM Punk, from the moment he step in the ring. Talent is what CM Punk is. He made one lil mistake... WOW BIG DEAL. How many mistakes you made hmm?? Wow guys he's Mr. Perfect!!!

Now to be serious. I'm one of those true Christians. Someone tells "Hey I'm a hard worker. Love to party. Go to work everyday. Like foot ball. Oh sorry let me tell you I'm

a. Gay

b. Straight

c. BI

My reply: "okay well when you want to hangout hit me up." What you doin is fighting a pointless thing. Hell the love of my life is bi. Does that make her a bad person??? Hell nah she is the sweet woman I ever met. All the time her and all her gay friends say "thats so gay"... Is that discreminating against her on. Hell sue her... Hell sue me for posting this.. My point is it don't matter what you are. Being Gay is a religion. Being a atheist is a religion. Religion is a belief. If you believe in nothing. Well thats your right. Being Gay... Hell thats your right to. My daughter was BI. You know what I did. Love her the same. She ask me about God. I told her. She decided she wanted it. That was her choice and she choose to change her religion.

My point for all this is only reason why you running your mouth is because you don't like CM Punk and your just look for any reason to run your mouth. Shut up and leave the man alone.

"ZOMG! The bad guy at the wrestling show said something mean! Everything is fucked now! Why did the bad guy say something mean?"

And, of course, C.M. Punk having a botch on a move is spectacular, because nobody has EVER botched Go 2 Sleep before.

[YOUTUBE]3G9hjcRxM8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Hell, half of those in this video are botched, to some degree. Either the guy takes a hit to the nose, or takes one to the throat. If KENTA is fucking up the move, maybe we can give Punk a little bit of leeway.

But, since the rest of the first post is about how Punk is a stupid faced meanie-head, or however we want to word it, that brings to mind one very simple question: Do we seriously live in a time in which we have to make the antagonist in a fictional story a likeable guy?

I hate Punk myself but wow you take the cake. I wouldn't make up complete non sense like you did to rant on him like that. Not really a hypocrite by the way if his rant was on MARRIAGE and RELIGION vs the use of slurs. No where in that statement you posted did he say I WILL NEVER USE HOMOPHOBIC SLURS. Therefore you are just as everyone else said grasping at anything to smear the guy.

Please rethink and take time to layout your thread next time. Or toss it in the spam section since it is better suited to be there.

How is he overrated? your points make no sense. Wrestlers that are over rated are hogan, The Rock and John Cena they do like 6 moves but they do them well.
CM Punk just like Chris Jericho makes people in the match better than they are. Just because he is not big and tall doesn't mean he is overrated.

Okay.. so, saying marriage is outdated makes you a hypocrite? Well damn, I guess sign me up for that club.
I don't know how long it took you to type that nonsense out, but I feel sorry for you. That's time you will never get back.

I am by no means a huge Punk fan. Hell, in my opinion, Jericho is the best WRESTLER in the world. But punk knows his shit, and knows it well.
When Bret Hart called DX a bunch of Homo's did you get all pissy about it?
When Cena made jokes about the Rock being gay.. Anything?
I have not seen one thing in your whole OP that can even remotely convince me that CM Punk is in any way shape or form, a hypocrite.
Judging by the other replies here, I'd say you all around failed.

Why? Simply why? Why rock the boat? If you know you're not going to be supported or at least offer a topic that is in anyway debate worthy then just don't bother. Sure, you will lose rep for this post but not just via the rep bar at the side of your Username but in our actual minds. We'll always see your name from now on and remember you as the man who made this thread. I'm not going to make this an age issue. I was 17 once. To hell with that, you have a right to your opinion regardless of your age but it's the arrogance you used to pose it. Warning us. Insulting people who may have a difference of opinion by calling them 'sensitive' before anyone has ever replied. Mature of you to type that you might be wrong, thought I'm not sure you really believe that to be a possibility. Note that I never said you admitted it.

Being that you've read up to this point, I'm assuming you know that I'm about to pull no punches. So hear we go. In my opinion, CM Punk is one of the most overrated superstars in WWE history. He comes out to echoes and only gets heat if he uses cheap tactics. I know that WWE likes to mess with people's reactions, but in some cases most notably with Punk, there's nothing. The most important thing about pro-wrestling is getting a reaction. If you get a reaction from the crowd, you are probably going to make the promoter money.

I read up to this point simply because I was interested where you were going. I was holding out on the slim hope that you had discovered something credible and thought provoking. I read up to that point because that's why I'm here. 7 posts in and, no, I'm not yet bored of reading posts by other people quite yet.

I'm going to link some evidence here.

Cheap Heel Tactics

Is that what you mean? Cheap Heel Heat? Not too different to Cheap Face Pop... See Mick Foley's lines that begin "Right Here..." It's Textbook Crowd Working 101. Praise or Insult the city your in. It's the first lesson you learn and for good reason. It works. It's not surprising so many successful wrestlers have used it in some capacity. The Rock. Kurt Angle. Edge and Christian. Week in, Week out we'd be told that they were finally back or they'd dress up and pose as something related to that city... occasionally, Angle would just tell people from that place that they were Ugly, because they lacked the Three I's. It's cheap and it got them to the top. It made the WWE lots of money. The five I've mentioned were part of what made the Attitude era so good.

So far, you're not even getting cheap heat. You're just getting a boring chant.

There's a reason why Punk isn't on magazines and covers. The only people that cheered for Punk were marks and they are constantly drowned out by the casual audience.

And yet, the IWC is the very same commodity that got Zach Ryder a 20 second promo on Raw. They're the reason he's been appearing in backstage skits for 3 seconds whilst Cena or The Miz do something in the foreground. He's there because even a tiny voice can be heard. You've had more than enough arguement to show you that Punk does indeed get a reaction. Heel heat is also lower than Face pops. Turn your volume up.

Let me make this plain and simple. I'm a member of the IWC. I'm a smart mark, mark, whatever you wanna call it. I won't deny that.

I'll deny it for you. It's doubtful at best. So you've heard the words? You know Face and Heel? How about Gorilla? Push? Rub? Rib? Job? Cut? Promo? Stiff? You have? That must mean you're smart! Either that or you've heard of Wikipedia. Call yourself a Smark all you want, it doesn't mean anything concrete. If that word still retains any of it's original meaning then it must still mean Smart Mark. A fan who can enjoy the product both on screen and back stage and still enjoy it equally. I've been doing that for nearly 10 years. How about you? Reading sites like WZ and posting on Forums does not immediately invite you into this world. Get over yourself and learn what to really look out for.

But we are not in the majority and Vince knows that. Punk would make a great face of the company especially with his charisma, but his in-ring work is sloppy. I won't count the last year because he's been burnt out. But look at this botch right here.

I know the GTS takes two people, I'm in training, but the man constantly botches.

Botch. Another word from Smarkland. What does that one mean? Any guesses? I'll tell you. It is when a mistake is made that pulls the veil away from the audiences eyes. My favourite example is this from Christian Cage.

Christian Cage Botch

The one you posted was not a botch. It was an accident. Blame Punk for hitting a very quick moving head with his knee inside a timeframe of less than a second. Blame Rey for allowing gravity to foolishly put his nose in harms way or shall we just put it down to one of those things that happens to each of us at least once a day. It was an ACCIDENT!!! They happen, particularly nose breaks in Pro Wrestling. Actually in any sport. They're the most common form of injury in any form of fighting, whether predetermined or otherwise. CM Punk is the one guy in the company right now who can make anyone look good. A CM Punk Vs Jericho, HBK, Undertaker or Kurt Angle feud would be amazing to behold. They'd be match of the year contenders. CM Punk is the only guy currently on the main roster who would have had a shot at being on TV 15 years ago because He knows how to wrestle. The rest only know how to entertain.

I wouldn't have gone on this mini rant but it came to my attention that CM Punk made a "homophobic" remark. I'm not even gonna bother with Glaad and other watchdog companies but I will say this. If you teach kids to rely on corporate fat slops to defend you in battles, you will create a monster. If you only concentrate on what other people say and not help kids who are hanging themselves, you're no better than the people you hate. Just my opinion.

What on earth does this even mean? I've even tried taking it out of context and it still doesn't make any sense. I can kind of make a connection from the homophobic remark part to the kids hanging themselves bit but it was a bit chaotic in the middle.
This might be a little on the edgy side of what I'll say so I apologise right now if I don't handle this with the care I should but I don't think any child is going to hang themselves because CM Punk called one individual a (I'll say it once) "Homo." I get it. It's a bad word and it shouldn't be used at any time. I will admit to using it myself though, with friends but I would never direct it at someone who either was or was suspected of being homosexual and would certainly never use it in an offensive manner.
I'm pretty sure that the children who do hang themselves in this situation are those who are being targeted by that word and words like it and are personally being attacked. CM Punk did personally attack one person. Nothing has been reported about that fan and if a child can be upset enough to commit suicide because someone else has been insulted, someone they don't even know, then I'm sorry but they clearly have deep issues that would need some form of treatment. Human Beings just don't react like that to things we're not connected to.
(I hope I handled that sensitively. I would actually be interested in any feedback on that. PM me if you have anything to say.)

But we've all seen Punk's talk to a fan. What I wanna bring up is this:

Well Said CM Punk. While I would have used the profanity he basically has fought my corner. Marriage should be about love and only love. God, Allah, Buddah or any other deity should have nothing to do with it and nor should sexual orientation. The only things I agree with in regards to how marriage currently is operated is the age of consent and, of course, laws of adultery. And we've all come across people who turn to their beliefs in certain instances but turn a blind eye at others. I've known Muslim's to drink and smoke but turn down a night out drinking with friends 'because of religion.' I respect religion. I refer to myself as Agnostic because, while I believe in something much greater and more powerful than myself, I just can't believe any of the explainations offered by our religions. I think knowing would be too much to handle for us anyway. I'd rather not know and get on with enjoying the life I've been blessed with. Kind of what Punk's saying, with profanity.

Now check this out.

Lol Punk sit down you hypocrite. Don't generalize religious people.

Wrestlers often talk to the fans at house shows. Faces pose for photos and talk to the kids. Heels threaten the kids fathers. CM Punk on this occasion went to far but we don't see the beginning of the video and we do not know what had been said. Punk's final comment of "You're Ugly, Stupid and Have No Friends" was the best way to end it in my opinion. The fan was acting like a child and was then treated like one with a childish insult. Punk apologised later but it's possible that he shouldn't have had to. That aside, I would like to know who some of your favourite wrestlers are. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to find examples of similar instances. I'm hoping you say Randy Orton.

The only reason why you get to botch moves and moan when you don't get a belt is because are armed forces are out there. A lot of them are christians, muslims, ext. You can say that I'm a typical hypocrite Christian, but don't say all of us. Don't tell me the man who just lost his leg saving an arab citizen is a hypocrite because he believes in a higher power. Don't tell me the Catholic that runs an orphanage and gave up his life for the sake of children is a piece of trash.

Here we go. The Armed Forces arguement. Aren't we all so lucky to have these heroes fight for us? Just because what they do is very respectable and brave, it doesn't make them the answer to the question. The right to free speech doesn't disappear because there is a war going on.
CM punk is talking about his beliefs, just like you seem to be. Hell, why don't I join in? I reckon there is life on other planets. Yes. I said it. And, By Golly, I reckon they'll look nothing like us at all. And if thats the case and there is a higher power and we're all made in God's Own Image right? That must mean the Greek's theory of Mount Olympus or The ancient Gods of Egypt are not too far away from the truth There must be more than one God? I'm allowed to say this because of that right and nobody should be denied that. And for the record, God or no God, I'd save the children too!

And there, you lose my respect. There you come out as a 17 year old boy. Scumbag. A man who claims to be a man of God. A man who chastises another for being aggressive to his neighbour. Scumbag. CM Punk probably isn't the greatest wrestler in the world. I highly doubt that he is but he is exceptionally good at what he does and that is to entertain and I apologise to you if what entertains us is not what entertains you. I'm not going to force you into liking him but you're going to find yourself very bored and seemingly pissed off posting on message boards like this. You're constantly going to be reminded of him because smarter men than you have spotted his potential and have got him to the place he is at right now. A place where he could change the way WWE is produced for us all and that would just be great.

I'm a Punk fan, but I'm not here to just blindly defend him. I can take criticism of superstars I like if it's justified.

Comes out to echoes? Punk was huge as a face when we was getting his title runs and working against guys like JBL. The fans loved him. And these days he is constantly getting heat just as good as any other heel.

I don't think he botches more or less than anyone else. Frankly the GTS is a really goofy move and how easy is it for someone to come down the wrong way and not know where exactly his knee is going to be at. It dangerous with smaller guys, it's even worse with heavier guys, it's just not a great move.

I think he is highly entertaining in the ring. He is one of few guys left who actually have an identifiable moveset. For example I barely watched Raw last night but I was watching Del Rio and I just felt like "what exactly does this guy do in the ring to stand out?". So many guys are boring to watch these days. Punk has his kicks, his submissions, springboard moves, etc.

On the mic, do we really even need to discuss this? Punk said it best, he IS the best, and he even blew away the regular commentators the couple of times he did commentary. I mean seriously, I remember talking to people about it at the time, it made the announcers look so bad that Punk was so much more entertaining and natural. He even announced an episode of NXT one time and made it bearable to watch.

This is just my 2 cents, because again, I don't care, my feelings don't get hurt if someone out there doesn't like Punk. Fine with me. And even as a Punk fan, I'll agree, it's disappointing to know of the reputation he has with fans. And I'm not even talking about yelling at them in the arena, I mean like what he said during his shoot, I think he sincerely meant it that he hates being bugged out in public when he is traveling and asked for autographs. He is one of the guys who has a chip on his shoulder and just doesn't appreciate where he is and how many people would kill to have his job. I've read stories of him being in downtown Chicago during things like Taste of Chicago and fans being totally brushed off by him or refusing to take pictures. I'm sure being a celebrity gets tiring, but there are still the guys who love their fans, who will sign as many autographs as they can while they're waiting for a flight in the airport. For years now there have been tales of how rude he is to his fans.

So there, I can be fair, I think he's awesome and I will still openly point out negatives about him. But to say he's not good, that he doesn't get a reaction, that he isn't on the cover of anything for a reason (even though he was just on WWE mag) is silly.

As others have said, the bottom line is that as I watch boring PG Raw broadcast after broadcast, generally one of the few things that gets me to turn my attention to the TV screen is when I hear his music hit.

hmmm so it's because Punk actually supports gay rights and used the word that is so bad?

"If Michael Cole gets fired Glaad is every much of a bully they claim to hate. The man has a family. It doesn't matter how much pamphlets they give him it's clearly part of his vocabulary! It's not a good word at all and he was wrong for saying it in public, but if he loses his home or hits hard times and I were his kids, I'd hate Glaad and it'd only give me more resentment towards them."

Yet someone like Michael Cole who throws the word ****** around everyday and may or may not be prejudiced is ok and should get away with it because he's got a family?

You can't bash Punk for saying it and try to defend Cole... You are the hypocrite! The rest of your rant is just pure nonsense as well, you obviously hate Punk (jealous perhaps?) and it is clearly your reason for all of your posting, don't try to be a champion for homosexuals, or kids, or anything else, you just hate Punk and found some more ammunition against him. And to the guy who said you hoped Orton was this kid's favorite... guess what? he is as stylesclash posted in another thread saying so.

Aaaaaaaand everyone is a critic. The only reason I didn't give Nate positive rep for his comments is because he was the last person I gave rep to.
Look, man: all of your points about Punk are so hypercritical that it just comes off like you don't like him, but you have to find reasons not to like him. Punk is a great wrestler. I hate to tell you, but Shawn Michaels put on some bad matches in his time, he botched just like everyone else, and looking it up on Youtube would just be silly because we all know that this is true not only about HBK, but about everyone.

And so what if Punk made one comment against Christianity? It's his right as an American to criticize your faith as it is for you to express that faith in the first place. I could understand if you're really burnt out on Punk after all the hype, but you should understand what he represents. Punk is supposed to stand for the angry young man, the angry wrestling fan, and his whole character is based around the notion that he's disgusted with hypocrisy. This is why the smarks love him; Punk is the ultimate smark.

Also, you say that he complains about not getting titles...EVERY HEEL complains about not holding titles. His now legendary promo WAS A WORK. This is a well orchestrated plan to get people like you very, very against Punk...and clearly it's working. So cheer for Cena, act like you're the one who really gets it and that Punk is incredibly overrated, because you're doing exactly what the WWE wants you to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back