CM Punk T-Shirt Sales

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
WWE Shop announced today that because of the "overwhelming demand" for the new "Best in the world" shirt that CM Punk has been wearing around Raw, they have delayed the debut of the shirt a few more days.

Assuming that this isn't just a work to make it seem like the shirts are a bigger deal, it seems like CM Punk is, for the first time in his WWE career, pushing merch sales! I'm sure people bought his t-shirt before when he was World Champion, but this is the first time he has really been pushing a lot of product for the company.

I guess my question is whether or not you think this will effect the way he is used in the future. Many expect Punk to take his time in the spotlight and eventually fade out, but maybe with sales the WWE will continue to push him. Of course, this is all just speculation. Thoughts?

Cm punk boost in sales is a good thing for him but his talent and charisma is what is going to keep him relevant for the long haul becasue zack ryder shirts sale out to but he is stuck being the smackdown assistant. but i dont necessarily think this is going to result in a face turn he is better as heel to Cena babyface and honestly don't nobody wants to see John Cena as a heel

Its one of the reasons John Cena is the main guy in the WWE, the fact that he pushes merchandise sales, does a shed load of appearences and bleeds the E.

CM Punks sales will help elevate his credibility as the company guy and he is already doing appearences for the company but in order for the company to keep punk elevated the top brass will need to see if Punk can pull in the PPV numbers.

Ive always been a fan pf Punks and hope that he can keep going in terms of his push and prove why he is the best in the world

The amount of people who were wearing this shirt on Monday was crazy. Merchandise sale is always a great way to become a top star. John Cena and Austin are proof to that.

This sales demand is all part of this "real" wrestler movement, which really means "male wrestler under 6 ft and 200 lbs" and "female that aint the best looking" ... A push for IWC favs can ONLY exist if they have the stars to play off of. How could people get excited over Punk if they were not putting him over a undeniable star. How much would Phoenix's tyraid mean if she wasn't lashing out on the barbie doll... Basically, people need to get back into reality and I almost feel that Cena should get a share of Punks merch money since it is being made off of his back anyways... the shirt may as well read "This is not a Cena T-shirt"

i dont wear the wrestling merchandise because i think they always look tackey but when i saw punks new shirt i really liked the look and it doesnt look like a regular t-shirt i actually might buy my first wrestling tee

It will be interesting to see what happens. It was on wrestlezone a couple years a ago that I read a story that said that Vince was thinking of turning Punk heel because his merchandise was selling too well for his spot in the company. I don't understand why the E would want to sabotage merchandise sales in the name of keeping him in a certain spot in the company. I really hope the story about the high demand of Punk's shirt is true. This may force the E to give Punk the spot he so rightly deserves.

Well it does help a lot that the shirt looks really bad ass and not just another shirt with a simple logo on it. Hell, it looks like something I would wear outside of a wrestling event. I can't say the same thing for a bright red shirt, but to each their own.

This will definitely help the way he is positioned in terms of booking and marketing, but like others have said. I also believe that pay per view sales is what is ultimately going to keep him in a main event and possibly mega star spot.

CM Punk's t-shirt is really badass, even if you don't like the guy you have to admit it's nice to have "Best In The World" written on your back. His merchandise sales could mean a future face turn as the fans seem to be getting behind him lately.

Just curious as to where you read that, I did not see it anywhere, and my order shipped out yesterday. What I like about the shirt the most is that it is not black. I had been holding off on buying a Punk shirt because I have too many black shirts.

I think that he would be getting this push no matter what, he deserves the chance. I think the shirt was originally just going to be a special thing for people at MITB, but with Punk's popularity they released it to make money. As long as he keeps making Vince money, he will keep his push

I can confirm this is legit. I made an order request via paypal nearly two days ago now, I got an "update" saying that due to overwhelming demand for the shirt it would take longer to process but they were working on it. This is excellent news, though. I don't normally buy WWE shirts anymore, other than annual WM merch I buy at the show every year just as a keep-sake, the last shirt I bought that I wear regularly was CM Punk's double fist shirt.

As soon as I saw this one, I had to have it. I agree, it doesn't look like your typical WWE shirt. So, WWE is able to tap into a market that they haven't been able to before.

=)

These shirt sales are going crazy! Here in Australia you don't find many people wearing WWE shirts unless they're old school Austin shirts or if they're on little kids. The other week when Punk debuted the shirt at Chicago, me and my mates were watching the PPV together and ALL of us said that we wanted that new shirt. The old Orton shirts were kind of cool, but this shirt is badass.

I don't know. My 3 year old nephew already hates him because "He was a jerk to Rey Mysterio". Punk may have us older guys in the bag, but he's made a lot of little kids very angry over the last few months. And isn't that who wears wrestling shirts anyway?

I know I got mine at last weekends house show. It's one of the best shirts that been put out for awhile. I never wear wrestling tees except for going to an event or watching at home, but I actually wore it to work on Monday.

this is great for punk's career as it shows that he can do the thing vince cares about the most. cm punk can bring in money. vince wanted to know how a new cm punk shirt would do in sales. there's been such an overwhelming demand for the shirts that it proves there is money in cm punk

I was at Raw Monday night in Indianapolis (I live in Indy), and let me tell you, the CM Punk shirts were selling like hotcakes. My sister and I waited in line for about 45 minutes, and everyone in line were either getting Cena merchandise or the CM Punk shirts. They were also selling Zach Ryder shirts as well.

I'm betting that Punk's shirt is going to be one of the hottest selling merchandise items in quite some time. Just watch.

This sales demand is all part of this "real" wrestler movement, which really means "male wrestler under 6 ft and 200 lbs" and "female that aint the best looking" ... A push for IWC favs can ONLY exist if they have the stars to play off of. How could people get excited over Punk if they were not putting him over a undeniable star. How much would Phoenix's tyraid mean if she wasn't lashing out on the barbie doll... Basically, people need to get back into reality and I almost feel that Cena should get a share of Punks merch money since it is being made off of his back anyways... the shirt may as well read "This is not a Cena T-shirt"

Your stupidity should not go unnoticed. A REAL wrestler is someone with actual wrestling skill. CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Tyson Kidd, Jack Swagger, etc. Hell, even Cena is becoming a decent wrestler. Sure, some IWC marks will only like a star when they're underrated, but that's not true for most of the IWC. Alot just like to see actual in-ring talent. And the money is being made off of Cena's back? Really? I guess Cena wrote that amazing promo for Punk? And Cena also told Punk every move he should do in their five star match at MITB?
The worst thing about your statement, is that you say only not that great looking women are good wrestlers. Are you an idiot? Beth Pheonix, Natalya, Winter, Mickie James, Serena, etc are all beautiful and amazing wrestlers.

Now to answer OP, yes I think it will be good for him in his future. They will realize he has merch selling power just like Cena. Now it probably won't do that much for him (Ryder sells more shirts than The Rock, he jobbed to Jackson on SD), but it can indeed help him out.

These shirt sales are going crazy! Here in Australia you don't find many people wearing WWE shirts unless they're old school Austin shirts or if they're on little kids. The other week when Punk debuted the shirt at Chicago, me and my mates were watching the PPV together and ALL of us said that we wanted that new shirt. The old Orton shirts were kind of cool, but this shirt is badass.

i tottaly agree with you im from sydney too and rarey do i see any1 for a fact beside at the recent house show wear wwe merch but i woulfnt be embarrased to wear short saying im he best

I went to MITB and was in line to get that shirt but it sold out before I got it. I would get it on line but I like my shirts big on me in case they shrink in the wash...so i would need a XXX but all they are selling are XX...which would fit me fine...but one wash and it shrinks and it becomes a wall hanging.

But yes...this is great for Punk. Drawing money at PPV (MITB was up 20% and one of their top rated shows so far this year behind WM) will catch Vince's attention and although he may drop the belt at SummerSlam...I don't see this as the end of the Punk "reality era"...but just a step into developing more compelling storylines with Punk now considered a "main event player" due to not only his in ring ability...but now his MARKETability.

So by your logic, Cena should give a big portion of his merchandise to guys like Brock Lesnar, JBL, and Triple H who were pretty much the main reasons as to why his merchandise started to sell in the first place, am I correct? And also, by your descriptions, Hogan should give part of his earnings to Andre the Giant and Cindy Lauper, right? Yeah, shut up... CM Punk is the reason why his shirts are selling so well. If it weren't for his excellent promo two months ago, then his shirt would be worthless. But because he has been able to work this promo and storyline to the point where people WANT to by his merchandise.

CM Punk has positioned himself in the same category as John Cena, Rey Mysterio, The Miz (he sells), Triple H, Randy Orton, Undertaker, and Stone Cold. His rise in sales will help him get higher up the card.

For further proof that CM Punk's shirts are selling, I work at a Hot Topic here and we put the CM Punk "Best in the World" shirt on sale just last week and we ran out literally the same day that we got them. Not only that, but since his promo, the CM Punk New Nexus and CM Punk SES t-shirts have also been selling even more. Face it, right now, CM Punk is a new commodity and is becoming equally relevant in the WWE.

This news item makes no sense. If the shirt is hot, why would you delay it? Ship them out, first come first serve and print more in the meantime.

I got another email from WWEShop and they said due to overwhelming demand the shirt is out of stock and currently on back order while they work to re-stock and catch up with the overwhelming demand. Also, JR confirmed that this "Best in the world" shirt is the hottest selling WWE item in a long while!!

=)

...and I ordered the shirt on the pre-sale and they still sold out!!

In the words of Ron Simmons...

DAMN!!!

I'd buy one but the euro shop version that WWE has is usually weeks behind the version in the States.

Sorry to reply to myself but you know a t-shirt is popular when ebay is selling fakes- the only ones I can find on the UK ebay site at a reasonable price are fakes !

Well it's always good to be able to sell merchandise in WWE as it makes Vince money and Vince loves money. So if you make Vince what he loves best then you can be almost certain that you will stay in the main event (if you already are). I have to admit I am thinking of buying one. I don't normally buy WWE t-shirts because they're never normally that nice but Punk's t-shirt is pretty nice and with it being white makes it more orignial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back