Christian DOES NOT need the world title.

Sasori

Pope of Dope
You know, I used to be a big believer in Christian, but at this point he isn't going to become a world champion in the WWE, he's in his late 30s, and is better off as an upper mid carder enhancing talent. The IWC needs to get there panties out of a bunch and realize that Vince isn't doing this just for the plain reason of not liking him, Christian just isn't needed, right now the main focus is on the younger guys such as Drew, Kofi, Miz, etc.

But theres no shame in Christians career in the WWE, in 10 years he will be considered a mid card legend, like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, etc. He has accomplished a lot of things that hell most guys dont even get to accomplish. I think Christian has already placed his footsteps in history. And I'm proud of the guy. Atleast he still has his rabid fan base, amazing mic skills, and the ability to steal the show.

Do you think Christian will get his main event push? Or will he stay in the upper mid card where quite frankly I think he is needed.

As a Christian fan, I would love nothing more than to see him win the World Heavyweight Championship at least once. But if he doesn't, it wouldn't be the end of the world. After all, he's already a two-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, so it's not like he hasn't won a major world title yet. But he'll most likely never win a world title in WWE and, now this is just me, I think he's alright with that. He's accomplished a lot in his career, so there's no shame or regret when the time does come to hang up his boots.

You're right. He doesn't need the world title. But I sure damn wish he did. :(

I agree completely with you about the mid-card legend thing. Hey, it's no HBK career, but it's still something.

I just wish Vince liked Christian. So he could be on top, like Edge. I think it's not fair at all that Edge got the push and Christian didn't. Christian has great mic skills, pretty good in-ring ability. He was great in E and C, so why not? Ah, whatever.

I think Christian is needed in the mid card right now. I just wish Christian continued that feud-ish thing with Matt Hardy...it would have been an awesome mid-card feud.

Again, Christian will stay where he is. Maybe something with Edge when they're in Canada, but otherwise, he's gonna stay in the mid-card level.

You're right. He doesn't need the world title. But I sure damn wish he did. :(

I agree completely with you about the mid-card legend thing. Hey, it's no HBK career, but it's still something.

I just wish Vince liked Christian. So he could be on top, like Edge. I think it's not fair at all that Edge got the push and Christian didn't. Christian has great mic skills, pretty good in-ring ability. He was great in E and C, so why not? Ah, whatever.

I think Christian is needed in the mid card right now. I just wish Christian continued that feud-ish thing with Matt Hardy...it would have been an awesome mid-card feud.

Again, Christian will stay where he is. Maybe something with Edge when they're in Canada, but otherwise, he's gonna stay in the mid-card level.

First off-Christian is boring to watch and has not showed me anything that makes me wanna put him in a World Title situation

Second-Unlike Christian,Edge can put on a good rivalry,act and perform like a champion that makes you wanna tune in every Monday night.So sorry,but Christian needs to either change/refresh his gimmick or get a new one.Seriously

While I despise the abundance of Matt Hardy/Christian world title threads, I like the spin on this one. Now, I like both guys, but I've accepted that both are destined to live in the midcard unless the top ranks are suddenly riddled with injuries. Indeed, I even agree that they don't need it, as their fan base will always be with them, despite any setbacks.

I think at this point, a world title run for either guy would be more a show of respect for the guys than anything. Now, I don't think that titles should be given out on a basis of loyalty and respect on a regular basis, but I think certain circumstances warrant it. For instance, Kane has stuck by the company for what, 13 years now? He's been through some horrible storylines, but he's seemed to take everything in stride and has been a true company man. I don't think that giving him a second chance with the gold was a horrible idea, especially since it got the gold off Rey.

I think it is in that same vein that Hardy and Christian are due a title run. Neither need it, but Hardy has been with the company since somewhere in the late 90s except for his brief stint in 05. Along with Christian, their respective partners, and the Dudleys, they revitalized the tag team division and I both have been stout workers who are great in their respective roles as enhancement talent and midcard workers.

A world title run would not hurt the WWE since they've already damaged the titles with so many frequent changes, but I think it would mostly be about respect at this point, not the elevation of either character. Again, I've accepted that this will almost definitely not happen, but this is my opinion on the matter, and hey, stranger things have happened.

While he doesn't need a World Heavyweight Championship, I'm confident they'll give him one before his career is over as a conceilation prize of sorts. It doesn't really matter anyway. It will still go down in the record books that his a former World Champion. NWA if I recall? Just Sayin' Puppet Master.....

First off-Christian is boring to watch and has not showed me anything that makes me wanna put him in a World Title situation

Second-Unlike Christian,Edge can put on a good rivalry,act and perform like a champion that makes you wanna tune in every Monday night.So sorry,but Christian needs to either change/refresh his gimmick or get a new one.Seriously

Lol. Your grammar amuses me

Anyways, IMO, Christian is great. He's boring in the ring? What, you've never watched any TLC matches? He's had less injuries than Edge, he's as funny as Edge, he's a great heel like Edge, he has good promos like Edge. He's fucking excactly like Edge! Where were you for the last ten years? Under a rock?

Lol. Your grammar amuses me

Anyways, IMO, Christian is great. He's boring in the ring? What, you've never watched any TLC matches? He's had less injuries than Edge, he's as funny as Edge, he's a great heel like Edge, he has good promos like Edge. He's fucking excactly like Edge! Where were you for the last ten years? Under a rock?

Funny how you compare him to Edge when the only thing you remember him doing is some TLC matches that happened back in 2000 and 2001.WOOOOOW

Then you said, "He's had less injuries than Edge"
Maybe because he was doing nothing but sitting back and complaining to management about getting a push.

Finally you quoted, "Where were you for the last ten years? Under a rock?"
I was watching "Real" superstars such as Stone Cold,The Rock,HHH,Shawn Micheals and Edge worked their ass off to be where they are at today.
If you were to ask Christian "What were you doing for the last ten years?"
He probably say "NOTHING".:disappointed:

Funny how you compare him to Edge when the only thing you remember him doing is some TLC matches that happened back in 2000 and 2001.WOOOOOW

No, Christian was just booked differently, have you seen Christians matches with Yoshi Tatsu who isn't very good yet he pulled of an awesome back and forth match with Christian, also with Jericho, Swagger, hell even Ezikial Jackson, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Shelton Benjamin. Christian is tremendous in the ring. Also in terms of mic skills Christian is actually better than Edge, for example The Peep Show segments are always entertaining even if Hornswoggle was on it. If I recall Christian also cut many intense type promos aswell for example a promo he cut in TNA where he talked about returning to Toronto where he was paid 10 dollars for his first official match. SO actually Edge and CHristian are on the same level as far as in ring work goes, but CHristian is actually better on the mic.

Then you said, "He's had less injuries than Edge"
Maybe because he was doing nothing but sitting back and complaining to management about getting a push.

Umm no, injuries dont come from huge pushes and championship wins they come from botches, for example Edge's latest injury was from bothing a spear on Jeff Hardy, so really your insulting Edge here bud.

Finally you quoted, "Where were you for the last ten years? Under a rock?"
I was watching "Real" superstars such as Stone Cold,The Rock,HHH,Shawn Micheals and Edge worked their ass off to be where they are at today.

No... Christian was rising to main event status before he left, he was headlining ppvs with John Cena, and was a top heel. Than he went over to TNA where he became a 2 time NWA world champ, had a 23 month win streak, and defeated the elite in TNA including AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Abyss, Jeff Jarrett, etc. He had a phenomenal run there.

Face it dude Christian talented, and has a huge fan base and support for a reason.

At this point in time no he doesn't need the title but I hope he gets at least one run with it.They guy has always worked hard and put on some great matchs, which included TLC which were huge as it was the first time ever these things had been done.Christian has held tag gold, IC gold and many more, but why not give him one run.So to wrap this up, he can work great in the ring and he is good on the mic.The Peep train is still in the building as there is time for one last piece passanger and I hope that passanger is the Wolrd Heavyweight Championship before his career is over.

I am a huge christian mark and always have been and would love nothing more then just ONE just ONE TIME as him being world champion. It has been teased in the past the WWE knows that fans want him to acheive that. Like the promo he did with edge a few months back when he stated he has never won a WWE world title.....YET. But i think if he does win it it will be the exact same as JEff hardy's first title reign. where he will win it and then lose it like in the first defense he has. Like vince will give it to him out of pity and a way to tell the fans who have been begging for it "alright i gave him the title happy now? so shut up"

No. Christians had some great mid-card matches and ECW matches. Christian was the top star of ECW. He had awesome matches with guys like Shelton Benjamin. I know ECW wasn't that popular, but people still watched it. But his TLC matches were amazing.

Again, he was also in TNA, tasted world championship gold, and came back to WWE to be in the mid-card section, where he is needed.

I was watching them too. Shawn Michaels is my favourite wrestler. Just because they are more popular, doesn't mean they automatically are better superstars.I bet you a billion dollars, if Christian was liked by Vince, he would be in the main event and you would be telling everyone how he's amazingly-amazing. I'm telling you, Edge and Christian grew up together, they think alike and they are alike. Christian deserved a main event status. But that's okay, cause he's doing fine putting younger talent over.

No he would say, "Well, I had a great tag team with my best friend, Edge. I had the intercontinental championship, I had the ECW championship, I went over to TNA and tasted gold, came back to the WWE and helped younger talent get over."

Christian has great mic skills. He cuts intense promos, funny promos, weird promos. It doesn't matter, he cuts great promos, no matter what.

Here's all the "real" superstars he feuded with:
1. Main Eventing with John Cena.
2. Tagging and having matches against Chris Jericho
3. Feuds in ECW with Shelton Benjamen, and basically everyone else.
4. KURT ANGLE!!
5. AJ Styles
6. Abyss
7. ECT.

Get a better argument, and get your facts straight.

i gotta say this for a part i would have loved it if he had stayed in tna because they used him well. but im glad he left cause of the way they are in now. but does he need a title no but it would be great if wwe made some use of him and put him in a good storyline becuade wwe is great but sometimes they are dumb for not using great talent like him to his full potential the only problem i have with him is his finisher

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back