• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Benoit Memorial thread (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the AP and still no info anywhere on this. I am gonna go with this being a work

Please say this isnt true. this is terrible, i cant believe this, if this is false, i think wwe has gone too far this time.

RIP Beniot :(

No this aint a joke. The families included and they arent sick enough to do this.

Im thinking it has to be murder to be honest.

Makes sense - family problem yesterday, he rushes home and today him and his family is killed.

Sad sad day and brings into question the whole Vince death now and i wonder if they will just drop this angle all together after this.

RIP BENOIT :xmen:

Even though he had no personality, i felt like he was who his chacter was. He wasnt an asshole in real life. He was too good for this.

If this is a work, I will be so fng pissed.

OMG what a sad sad loss to the wrestling world, and the whole world in general if true, which unfortunately I dont think it is.

If the McMahon b******s is continued, its an outrage!!

R.I.P Chris -- What a sad sad sad day and a big loss

I am in complete Shock if this is real and it looks like it as the whole Mcmahon death thing is gone off the site

wwe says benoit found dead most of the time they will say benoit passes away not found dead and the fact that him and his whole family is dead i dont get it for some reason i think this is a wrok and is gonna go in with the mcmahon storyline but if im wrong which i do hope its a work then benoit will be missed RIP BENOIT

This is absolutely insane. This isnt fake... wikipedia has even put up hes died. and they havent put up vince is dead. this is absolutely sickening. Im thinking murder too... I mean the whole family?? toooo suspicious.

This sounds bad. He went home for a family issue and now him and his families dead? I don't know this is just scary. I'm just in shock.

I just went onto the two Edmonton Newspaper websites, Edmonton Sun and Journal and they have no word on this as of yet. Benoit is a hometown hero in Edmonton Alberta Canada, so if this is true you can expect them to have lots of coverage on this.

I think WWE has to stop all the fake death storylines now. What is your favourite memory of Benoit AND WHY?

I can't believe that this has happened, the World is full of sickos and psychopaths. This is a damn shame and a total tragedy, who would do something like this? I am speechless, there is nothing more to say about this. If this is a work by WWE(very doubtful) than I don't know if I should be relieved or pissed off.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit

I honestly don't think this is a work. Chris Benoit would not go along with something like this, especially involving his family. Not to mention, with his status in Pro wrestling, Vince would not force him into this, and if he tried Benoit could have walked and easily had another job waiting for him. My only question is, if this is murder, who the fuck could have done it? I can't even describe how pissed I will be if this is a work, and like I said, I seriously doubt that it is. Benoit wasn't that type of man, but hey, Vince, karma's a mother fucker isn't it? Dumbass

I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the death of Chris Benoit and his family. RIP Chris Benoit & His Family.

Favorite Benoit moment.....probably WM20 when he won the WHC with him and Eddie hugging in the middle of the ring afterwards

Christopher Benoit (May 21, 1967-June 25, 2007) was a Canadian professional wrestler who performed in Extreme Championship Wrestling, World Championship Wrestling, and at the time of his death, World Wrestling Entertainment on its ECW brand.

I honestly can not believe I am writing this. I am sick to my stomach, shocked and confused. I'm really torn up about this. If you don't know, Benoit is probably my favorite wrestler. A guy that was hard nosed and all about the busines. I was at WCW Souled Out when he won the WCW championshiop for the first time back in 2000.

My personal favorite moment in the history of professional wrestling is at Wrestlemania 20 when both he, and Guerrero embraced in the middle of the ring.

For me, I am at an absolute loss of words. I can only suspect, but this has to be murder. He rushes home last night without much notice, and he's found dead. I don't want to speculate, but I'm pretty sure I have my number 1 suspect.

Championships and accomplishments
Catch Wrestling Association
CWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Dave Taylor
Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Dean Malenko
New Japan Pro Wrestling
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Super J Cup Winner
1993 Top of the Super Juniors
1995 Best of the Super Juniors
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him # 69 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
PWI Feud of the Year award in 2004 vs. Triple H
PWI Match of the Year award in 2004 vs. Shawn Michaels and Triple H
PWI Wrestler of the Year award in 2004(won with a PWI record of 72% by voters)
PWI ranked him # 1 of the PWI 500 in 2004.
Stampede Wrestling
Stampede British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
Stampede International Tag Team Championship (4 times) - with Ben Bassarab (1), Keith Hart (1), Lance Idol (1), and Biff Wellington (1)
Universal Wrestling Association
WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
World Championship Wrestling
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Dean Malenko (1) and Perry Saturn (1)
WCW World Television Championship (3 times)
World Wrestling Entertainment | World Wrestling Federation
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Kurt Angle
WWE United States Championship (3 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Chris Jericho (1) and Edge (2)
World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
Royal Rumble (2004)
Twelfth Triple Crown Champion
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Best Technical Wrestler award in 1994
Best Technical Wrestler award in 1995
Most Underrated Wrestler award in 1998
Most Outstanding Wrestler award in 2000
Best Technical Wrestler award in 2000
Match of the Year award in 2002 - with Kurt Angle vs Edge and Rey Mysterio
Best Technical Wrestler award in 2003
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 2003)
Best Brawler award in 2004
Best Technical Wrestler award in 2004
Feud of the Year award in 2004 - vs Triple H and Shawn Michaels
Most Outstanding Wrestler award in 2004

Whoever did this, has a special place in hell.

heres hoping its a work and all this is kayfabe, but its looking bad guys :( -- if its a work, ill be happy but extremely pissed but if its true im gonna be gutted

Hmm...

thing is.. last night he had to leave due to a family emergancy,, so they stick nitro in as his replacement and nitro wins... see that to me makes me think this is all a work.. usually when things like this happen, the guy who was in the match originally wins the title not the replacement.. i know wwe make decisions quick but just seems all to conveinient that nitro turns up on ECW and wins the title so quickly from being a replacement.

maybe im just holding out hope that he's not really dead but does anyone else think that what i just said (title changing hands, them saying family emergency yesturday already etc) seems a little odd and fits in it it be a work?

in regards to Wiki.. can't anyone change that? So could have been put up by anyone that he died.. then same with Vince, but Wiki changed it back after it was obvious that that was a story line.

If this is all real: RIP Benoit & Family.

Tom

I hope to god this is 1 of wwe's sick storylines. If it isn't rip chris benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo