Speculation Regarding the Death of Chris Benoit

You also need to remember ReedTrucker, that in an abusive situation like the one Debra was in, it's extremely hard to get out of that relationship because of the crippling fear that your partner will hurt or even kill you. To say that you don't feel sympathy for her staying in that relationship means you must not feel sympathy for Nancy either, because she stayed in an abusive relationship and look where that got her. I'm just saying, that in domestic abuse cases, its not exactly cut and dry, as if you can just up and leave that relationship whenever you feel like it. Theres alot of fear, and I don't blame anyone for being too afraid to end a relationship because men routinely flip out and kill their wives/girlfriends when they try to break up with them. So you can't blame her.

But I agree on a whole though that she's just coming out of the woodwork because she's still pissed about what Austin did to her, so she has to find a scapegoat and blame wrestling on a whole. Wrestling didn't make Steve drink and hit you Debra, he did that himself. Then again, she was on freaking Hannity & Colmes, the 2nd most ignorant and lying show on television today (top honors belong to O'Reilly).

"But I agree on a whole though that she's just coming out of the woodwork because she's still pissed about what Austin did to her, so she has to find a scapegoat and blame wrestling on a whole. Wrestling didn't make Steve drink and hit you Debra, he did that himself. Then again, she was on freaking Hannity & Colmes, the 2nd most ignorant and lying show on television today (top honors belong to O'Reilly)."

Yeah,exactly. You know the Warrior is gonna be on Hannity and Colmes tomorrow night. That should be good.

Is he really? Oh dear lord I'm going to need to tape that, its gonna be a laugh per minute. Warrior is going to go off saying "Well Benoit did this because he's GAAAAY! GAYS ARE EVIL! QUEERIN' DON'T MAKE NO WORLD WORK! THE MOONS AND THE STARS ALIGN UNDER THE GOLGARD SYSTEM TO END QUEERIN'!" to which Hannity will reply with "Yeah I agree, but isn't Benoit's death really the Democrats fault?" to which Colmes will then kill himself.

Should be great. :D

What a joke Luger is and always has been. The only time he could even put up a halfway entertaining match was when he was paired with a legend like Flair for a 30 minute main event.

That article just pisses me off, its the usual media bullshit calling wrestling a "freak show" and making fun of it again as though the writer of that article is somehow superior to wrestlers. What a fuckin joke these pseudo-intellectuals are.

I was trying to listen to Chavo's tribute from Raw on youtube just to see what he said, and WWE has blocked them from being viewed. This is insane

I don't buy into any of the sullivan or Chavo theories, but I just thought of something weird....I read where chavo told investigators that benoit told him "i love you" and that it was out of context. In his tribute to benoit, he said they also give each other a hug and say I love you before they leave. Just kinda weird

I was trying to listen to Chavo's tribute from Raw on youtube just to see what he said, and WWE has blocked them from being viewed. This is insane

I don't buy into any of the sullivan or Chavo theories, but I just thought of something weird....I read where chavo told investigators that benoit told him "i love you" and that it was out of context. In his tribute to benoit, he said they also give each other a hug and say I love you before they leave. Just kinda weird

Why is that weird? Benoit knew he was going to kill himself, so he wanted to say a final goodbye to one of his closest friends...how is that weird? Thats perfectly normal for someone who knew they were never going to see the other again.

I am not sure but I thought Chavo said something like Chris and I always kiss goodbye and say we love each other.I think Chavo also made the point to say that Chris did this with only him.That's weird.

Not really that weird, Eddie Guerrero was Chris Benoit's best friend, when Eddie died Chris and Chavo became even closer as they had the same feelings, Chavo lost his brother, and Chris lost his best friend so they probably became even closer. Not uncommon to love your best friend(s).

If I could butt in with my two cents worth, I think, XFEARBEFORE and THESHOWZOVER, that you may be missing the point being made by BONESAW and DILLON. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, I don't mean to speak on your behalf.

I think the point being made here is that on the Raw tribute show, Chavo says that when he was recently at Benoit's house, when he was leaving, they kissed and/or said "I love you." Apparently it was not uncommon for these guys to say "I love you" to each other, or to kiss or hug each other. While this is not conduct that would be normal for me personally, it may have been normal for them, especially with all of the tragedy they had both been forced to endure in recent years.

What these guys seem to feel is weird is that if they typically expressed their emotions in this manner (rightly or wrongly), why would it have been so "out of context" for Benoit to have said that to Chavo on the phone during what turned out to be their final contact before Benoit's death? If they expressed their emotions in such an open manner normally, why would Chavo have found it weird when Benoit said "I love you" on the phone? I would have thought that they may have said that to each other on the phone numerous times in the past. Not as a final good-bye, not as anything that would have raised eyebrows, but as a regular way they said good-bye to each other.

Personally, while I am no conspiracy theorist in all of the events associated with this tragedy, I find Chavo's involvement in it sort of fishy. I am not suggesting that Chavo is in any way involved with the murders, I feel Benoit alone was the guilty party. But I can't help but wonder if he has/had more knowledge than he is letting on. In retrospect I find Chavo's tribute on the Raw show unusual: long-winded, rambling, and several funny things to say. I find it odd that he was the one involved with phone messages, text messages etc., over the fateful weekend. Maybe, for example, Benoit called Chavo, told him that he had just murdered his wife and son, told him that he was about to committ suicide, wanted to say good-bye and begged him not to intervene in any way because it would be too late anyway. And maybe Chavo does not want to release any of these details out of respect for Benoit. I would not be surprised in the lease if details along these lines were to surface over the next several weeks or months.

Well habs, everyone including Chavo has said that Benoit was a very closed and private person who actually didn't ever say things like I Love You to his friends. Honest mistake, but you kinda got it wrong. Chavo said it was weird because Benoit never said that normally because Benoit was a very private person who kept to himself. It makes perfect sense to say I love you to your best friend before you kill yourself.

I dunno if this had been mentioned in the States, but in UK newspaper the Sun, today there was an article suggesting that Benoit killed his son using a version of the crippler crossface.

When I heard this I truely did feel sick to the stomach. I sincerely hope this isn't true but as the days go on and more information becomes available, I lose more and more respect for Benoit. How people can believe he should be inducted into the hall of fame, I'll never know.

Anyways, here's the article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007300340,00.html

Thats total bullshit, I can't believe anyone would even write something so disgusting. The police have already said that Benoit smothered his son to death by putting a bag over his head. For christ's sake, why the fuck would Benoit do the crippler crossface? Further more, last time I checked, you can't kill someone with a crippler crossface. Then again the kid was very small, but if he'd have to break his neck with that move to kill him, and thats not what the story says.

I'm so sick of tabloids and regular media printing all this horseshit without even a speck of evidence, it's absolutely disgusting. What's next, a piece in Time saying the Holocaust never happened? How about People magazine runs an article about how the world is really flat? My god I hate the media.

I agree. the media is rediculas. They are commenting on the steroid use and have no clue of an Idea how steroids effect the mind. They are really portraying it as a heroin substance. Can it cause rage? yes for about a minuite or 2. Can you holusinate on it? 100% no. Can it cause mood swings? yes but not to the point that it makes you a crazy psyco killer. Its more like not having a cigerette for 5 hours if your a chain smoker. The media is trying to spin the story so that they can have more stories and latch on to the public a little longer. What pissed me off was how before they new it would be labled as a murder murder suicide, they cared more about Paris Hilton out of jail. Pathetic

I wanted to pass this one along. I was looking around on youtube and I found this. It's a guy and he has a four part series and it talks about how Benoit is innocent and it's pretty convincing. Chris Benoit was my all time favorite wrestler and I really thought he did it, but this made me think.
http://www.youtube.com/user/REASONABLEDOUBTHERE

Man that video is crap. The entire video is circumstantial, completely. There is not a single shred of evidence for the man's case. Most of the video relies on the notion that "We all know Benoit would never do something like that because he's such a spiffy guy". Ridiculious. Give it a few weeks when the toxicology and any forensic evidence comes out, and these people will finally accept that Benoit did it. The entire series is just sympathy for Benoit, talkin about how great a guy he was without giving a single shred of evidence that isn't purely circumstantial. As everyone knows, circumstantial evidence amounts to all of jackshit in a court of law.

A Fox News Channel report said that records obtained by investigators show that between May 2006 and May 2007, Dr. Phil Astin prescribed Chris Benoit "a ten month supply of steroids" every three to four weeks. The report stated that every three to four weeks, Benoit would get a new ten-month supply.

Jesus Christ, the man must have been fucking Insane. This is very disturbing. Now we may get to the bottom of the WWE trying to bury the Steroid angle as much as possible. If it comes out that Benoit was full of juice, then the whole WWE Wellness Program gets proven to be a crock load of shit. How the fuck does something like this go unnoticed.

I remember reading about this doctor over the weekend, and supposedly more names are to be involved with this. This could be a very bad P.R. Time for the WWE if anyone else is linked tot his guy.

Honestly I don't understand why I didn't see this before. Benoit is such a small guy he has such a small frame, for him to be as big as he was he had to have been juicing. Jesus christ though that supply amount that was given to him is enough roids to make you go on a killing spree for christ's sake. I mean jesus man he must've been seriously fuckin' addicted to roids. WWE deserves the criticism they're getting on the issues of steroids(though that doesn't mean they should be blamed for Benoits tragedy)because everyone and their mother knows the Wellness Policy hasn't worked for jackshit, ever. It's just a PR move.

this whole steroids thing is what pisses me off the most, its obvious benoit took them, but still, roid rage is a attack of like 5 mins tops, benoit took more than 48 hours to do everything, that must have been some roid rage huh.. personally he probably just lost it over something, like lost it completley to the point of insanity...

for him to be sending those messages after he killed nancy and daniel just makes me think he was in a sick twisted mental state..

maybe caused by other drugs, but i dont see how steroids could have caused all this...

I wanted to pass this one along. I was looking around on youtube and I found this. It's a guy and he has a four part series and it talks about how Benoit is innocent and it's pretty convincing. Chris Benoit was my all time favorite wrestler and I really thought he did it, but this made me think.
http://www.youtube.com/user/REASONABLEDOUBTHERE

wow thanks for that. I really do think we should look at everything. Its a therory. and not that hard to believe. It was an interesting concept.

With all due respect, X, I'm not so sure I did get it wrong.

Now I am only basing my comments on what Chavo said on the Raw tribute show last Monday night. I heard what Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and others said about Benoit being a very private guy, and that was the impression that a lot of people had.

But Chavo said last week on the Raw tribute show that he and Benoit spoke affectionately to each other as a matter of course. I think he may have had a different sort of relationship with Chavo (especially because of Eddie) than he did with Jericho, Hart, and others. Maybe he was a very private person, that doesn't necessarily mean he could not speak to Chavo along the lines of "I love you." And if that was the case, I still think that for Benoit to tell Chavo "I love You" last Saturday would not have been peculiar, and wouldn't have set off any alarms whatsoever.

Holly McFague lived next door to the Benoit family and was asked by police to enter the home to check on their welfare after receiving a call from WWE. McFague entered the house but ran back out screaming after finding the bodies of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

Police had asked McFague to enter the home because she was familiar with the family dogs and was able to enter without incident.

A representative of McFague now says, "She's very shaken up and she can't go home because her house is surrounded by media."

McFague says she saw Chris Benoit on Saturday and he told her that Nancy and Daniel were sick with food poisoning. “He told her this big, long story about how sick they were,” her representative said. “At the time she was thinking that it was way too much information.”
credit: wrestlezone.

Okay.. maybe I didn't read the story right when it first dropped but I thought the police entered the home? I could be mistaken and I just overlooked that the neighbor was the one that walked in.

With all due respect, X, I'm not so sure I did get it wrong.

Now I am only basing my comments on what Chavo said on the Raw tribute show last Monday night. I heard what Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and others said about Benoit being a very private guy, and that was the impression that a lot of people had.

But Chavo said last week on the Raw tribute show that he and Benoit spoke affectionately to each other as a matter of course. I think he may have had a different sort of relationship with Chavo (especially because of Eddie) than he did with Jericho, Hart, and others. Maybe he was a very private person, that doesn't necessarily mean he could not speak to Chavo along the lines of "I love you." And if that was the case, I still think that for Benoit to tell Chavo "I love You" last Saturday would not have been peculiar, and wouldn't have set off any alarms whatsoever.

Errr...I didn't say it was peculiar...wait...what? I'm confused, I thought I was the one arguing that it wasn't peculiar and you were the one arguing it was peculiar? :blink: Maybe I missed something?

As for that story about the neighbor...now I'm just confused out of my mind. Every story has said the cops entered first...now a neighbor did? Thats bullshit, I'm sure that story isn't true for a few reasons.

1. The dogs. They would've fuckin ate the women alive.
2. All of Benoit's neighbors said they had little to zero contact with that family, so why the hell would WWE call them and tell them to check on them? And why would they agree?
3. Every story has said the cops came in first, and something like that isn't just made up.

I believe they even said in the press conference from Benoit's home that police entered the house after being called by WWE. Personally, I have never heard of a situation where the police calls citizens to have them investigate potential crime scenes (especially that of a celebrity), rather than checking it out themselves.

The neighbor also claims to have seen Benoit on Saturday, which I also found peculiar. Why would Benoit have left his home, leaving Daniel inside with his mother's body (Daniel was killed late Saturday evidently), and chatted away with a neighbor when earlier reports suggested that Benoit didn't really know any of his neighbors and always kept to himself?

It doesn't change the facts of what happened in the house, but this report definitely has to be bogus.

Chris Benoit took out a new life insurance policy, which listed his ex-wife and oldest child David, 14, and Megan, 10, as the beneficiaries. Nancy apparently confronted Chris about it and he refused to change it. Nancy also found out that Chris Benoit set up a new bank account in the name of his ex-wife in Edmonton.

Well I stress this, if this is true, then this is the smoking gun right here that Chris Benoit did this, and it was pre-meditated. I could be over stepping my bounds and over analyzing the situation, but who does this all for an ex-wife. Sure she is in charge of the kids, but it just looks sketchy as hell that this all happened, I guess recently, and then he does this. I think my percentage just jumped from 99.9% to 99.99%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back