Championship Match (2) Bret Hart vs. (4) Bruno Sammartino

Who Wins The Tournament?

• Bret Hart

• Bruno Sammartino

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot of people don't really have a clue about professional wrestling in this thread. The idea that Hart wouldn't win because he's suffered a beating off a heel in the previous round when Bruno won easily is pretty much exactly what happens in tournaments all the time.

But anyway, I don't think it's particularly relevant here as it's unlikely these two would be booked to the final in real life. As it is, they're here, and I think by virtue of overseeing a growth in wrestling rather than a decline, I'm going to go Bruno. I don't think there's an obvious winner, and I guess it's become a bit of a compromise candidate draw, but both have been here before and are deserving.

Bruno Sammartino should win here. He should win even if both are healthy. But that isn't the case here. Bret Hart has gone through a long battle with Brock Lesnar while Bruno Sammartino easily defeated Andre The Giant.

Even disregarding the damage factor, Bruno Sammartino trumps Bret Hart in every matter possible.

Vote Bruno Sammartino as he's a better professional wrestler.

Dear me. What is this match.

I don't see a good enough reason not to vote for Bruno. Yeah, I'm confident that Bret was more of a pioneer in the ring and would be more interesting to watch, but I think that Bruno is probably better in every other category.

Bret's best mic work came when he was genuinely a bitter old prune. Although it's hard to compare, I'm sure Bruno would've been more rousing to watch also.

It's only right that Bruno gets the nod at least once in this tournament and the last rounds favour him also. Vote for the MSG main event titan. Vote for Bruno.

Next year we should have 2 wild card spots. One is reserved for a hero. The other should be a fictional wrestler.

#WeWantTitus.

#RamJam2018.

ヒュー G. レックション;5695113 said:
Has anyone here actually watched a Sammartino match? Please give me a link to one. I want to see just how good he really was.
Yes, I saw a bunch of them live. And on TV. There are some neighborhoods in Brooklyn where Larry Zbyszko cannot be caught dead in, if he values his health. But, here are some matches for you:

Vs. Stan Hansen 1976
[YOUTUBE]pXRSIQ1i9Qk&t[/YOUTUBE]

Vs. Superstar Billy Graham 1975
[YOUTUBE]Ko2-DqAiFWY[/YOUTUBE]

And, from the Japan Wrestling Association Vs. Giant Baba 1967
[YOUTUBE]gTLT-vfX2EY[/YOUTUBE]

And, of course, vs that $^%*#) Larry Zbyzsko 1980
[YOUTUBE]zbPSwOWi2Lk&t[/YOUTUBE]

So I imagine that this is done, yeah? Congrats are in order. Bruno Sammartino; our 11th annual WZT champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back