Championship Region, Sixth Round: (2) Bret Hart vs. (9) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a sixth round match in the Championship Region. It will be held at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida.

os-gators-canes-camping-world-stadium-citrus-bowl-20160426

Starting in this round, all matches are taking place in one night, meaning all damage from one match will carry over to the next match. This will be determined by the margin of the match and total votes. The wider a margin, the more dominant a victory. The more total votes, the longer a match lasted. I'll keep these updated as the last three rounds go along.

Bret-Hart.jpg

#2. Bret Hart

Round 5 Result: Defeated Chris Jericho 47-20

Vs.

4281218-6083399682-Brock.jpg

#9. Brock Lesnar

Round 5 Results: Defeated Undertaker 38-30

Polls will be open for six days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Bret got lost on the way back home & wound up in a nasty place filled with the carcasses of legendary men. Welcome to Suplex City, where the Hitman becomes the hunted.

Bret is going to try, but ultimately fail to topple this giant. The beasts of his day were nowhere near Lesnar's level & while Bret will make this look great, he takes a loss.

Lesnar in a squash. Hart was as great as anyone in the business but Lesnar has beaten them all. This will go down like his match with Rocky and Summerslam, Hart puts up a fight but ultimately fails.

Lesnar... Just... Lesnar... I just can't see Hart beating him. Lesnar is a legit main event star. Has been the face of a brand at least, beaten anyone and everyone put in front of him. Lesnar.

I've seen Lesnar tap too many times to the likes of Benoit and Angle to believe he won't do the same here. Even in a legit fight he has submitted. Bret Hart to euthanize the Beast Incarnate here.

I'm taking Hart here. The guy made a career of doing the impossible and taking down people bigger and stronger (Taker, Diesel, Yoko Goldberg, Austin) there's no-one in the history of the WWE who was better at strategically dismantling the opposition. This match is absolutely primed for Bret at his best to do what he always did and find a way.

Look at the previous matches. Bret walks past Jericho while Lesnar gets a narrow victory over Taker. Lesnar isn't coming in fresh but Bret is, it's all set up for Lesnar to get picked off.

And just to add a little math & fantasy role play.

Bret wins by 27
Brock wins by 8

Let's say those are stamina points, 35 total. That equates to

Bret 77%
Brock 23%

Bret doesn't get squashed, ever. How long do you reckon this match will go? 20 minutes? How long before Brock runs out of gas? This is a clear win for Bret.

Brock kind of really sucks against technical wrestlers who are way smarter and faster than he is. Bret is also in way better shape than Bork is coming into this match. Brock doesn't do well against great submission guys, and Bret is arguably the best ever.

Vote Bret.

I'm taking Hart here. The guy made a career of doing the impossible and taking down people bigger and stronger (Taker, Diesel, Yoko Goldberg, Austin) there's no-one in the history of the WWE who was better at strategically dismantling the opposition. This match is absolutely primed for Bret at his best to do what he always did and find a way.

Look at the previous matches. Bret walks past Jericho while Lesnar gets a narrow victory over Taker. Lesnar isn't coming in fresh but Bret is, it's all set up for Lesnar to get picked off.

And just to add a little math & fantasy role play.

Bret wins by 27
Brock wins by 8

Let's say those are stamina points, 35 total. That equates to

Bret 77%
Brock 23%

Bret doesn't get squashed, ever. How long do you reckon this match will go? 20 minutes? How long before Brock runs out of gas? This is a clear win for Bret.

Brock needs just enough gas in the tank to hit a few suplexes and an F5. This wont be going 20. Probably 10. But lets look at your list of bigger men Hart has taken down.

Taker- he is about even with Bret in the W/L column. Taker won their first meeting.

Diesel- ill give you that one, but it took Bret a few tries before picking up the W.

Yoko- took Bret's title in their first match & Hart needed 4 tries to get a win. Hitman has a losing record here.

Goldberg- wonky, wonky dubya see dubya booking right here & nothing more.

Bret loses first meetings against bigger dudes. Hell, Sid is a bigger dude and he has beaten Bret's ass plenty. Brock is a whole different animal than anyone listed & will win this first encounter. It may not be a complete squash, but Bret loses here. Lesnar isnt getting tapped out. Kurt is the only one to my knowledge that has besides the dumbass Taker match. While Hart is great there, most of his submission wins are padded with the likes of Barry Horrowitz & The Mountie. Highly unlikely Bret is making Lesnar tap.

First meeting, Bret is getting pinned.. Cena was never one to get squashed either, but that shit happened. Hitman has done well, but he is not prepared for this.

Lesnar is going to be ready for Bret... And rember lesnar is a former NCAA and ufc champion, he knows how to beat submission wrestlers.

The only way Bret wins this is if bork laser trys something stupid like a shooting star press.

These aren't feuds. These are one off matches based on a variety of different factors. If they were feuds then Hart would be winning the blow off, that's for sure. He was his eras Roman Reigns [without the boos] who is being groomed to beat Lesnar's ass eventually.

I'm not 100% sure who I want to back yet. I can see the case for Lesnar based on his accolades, and the fact that [unless Roman really takes off in the next 3 years] he'll be remembered as the top star of the 2010's. Hart wasn't the top star of the 90's. He was a major player for a few years, but was eclipsed by the NWO and later Austin and Rock.

Based on the rules I can see a case for Hart. He had a much easier match last round. Compared to Lesnar's, his match was a breeze. Lesnar is low on stamina and is hurting coming into the match. Hart can exploit those weaknesses. He's done it before. Sure, you could use the 00's Lesnar who had much better stamina, but that Lesnar lost big matches a whole lot more. Current Lesnar is a lot like Goldberg; he seemingly has a small gas tank. I've rarely seen him go beyond 10 minutes and he's facing a relatively fresh prime Bret Hart.

Rules of the tournament seem to favor Bret, though I'll agree with those that want to argue that Brock has become a bigger star.

I have seen this match before. It happened and there was a clear winner. Remember when and where?

Wrestlemania 19 - Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar in the main event for the WWE Championship.

It was the closest approximation that one can find to this Semi-final round match and Brock won that after suffering a damn concussion. No way I'm voting Bret here. Brock wins this and goes to the final where he should face Bruno in a dream match.

Moreover, people commenting that Brock does not fare well against smaller technical wrestlers have clearly forgotten his first run with the company where he not only held his own but dominated technical wrestlers like Benoit and Angle and so forth. Lesnar can be as agile as Bret was, as masterful in submission and chain wrestling as Bret was and his super human beast mode power will be enough to overcome Bret in this round.

Vote Brock.

I have to go with Brock here. He's just too big and strong for Bret to overtake. Sure Bret has faced some monsters before and he's beaten them. Most of those wins, though, came with some sort of shenanigans. There'll be no shenanigans in this match. Just Bret being thrown around and around. Don't get me wrong; I don't think that it'll be a squash by any means. Bret is fresher than Brock and Bret is a savvy vet. He'll find some way to get Brock into the Sharpshooter. Problem is, Brock will find some way to get out of it and return to tossing Bret around some more.

Vote Brock.

Lesnar is going to be ready for Bret... And rember lesnar is a former NCAA and ufc champion, he knows how to beat submission wrestlers.

The only way Bret wins this is if bork laser trys something stupid like a shooting star press.

I will point out that he still won that match after the Shooting Star Botch.

What we have here is a one night, 8 man elimination tournament. Who's won one of these before?

Bret Hart.

Bret went through 3 greats in one night when he beat Perfect, Razor and finally Bam Bam Bigelow to win the King of the Ring in 1993. Sure, some will dismiss that right away as being apples to oranges in comparison to this, but I disagree.

Razor Ramon was a big man. A brawler, and a bruiser. And also a very successful and hard to beat wrestler. In fact, while Hall was in the WWF as Ramon, he rarely ever lost. But he couldn't beat Hart this night.

Hennig was simply one of the best of his generation, and vastly underrated by today's fans. And in kayfabe, he was near unbeatable. He was his gimmick. He was perfect, and you had to be perfect to beat him. Hart did.

Finally you had Bam Bam, and for everyone saying that Hart would have had trouble with Lesnar's size, you should probably go check this guy out. And don't dismiss him. Bigelow was arguably one of the best super heavyweights to ever set foot in the ring. He also had a ridiculously easy night waiting for Hart to get through 2 very tough matches. Bigelow only needed 5 minutes to put away Hacksaw Duggan, then got a bye right to the finals. After spending over 30 minutes in the ring with 2 Hall of Famers, Hart had no business beating Bigelow here. He still did.

Brock Lesnar isn't coming in after a quick, easy tune up match. He just had a war with the Undertaker. Hart is actually the fresher of the two, which is to his advantage.

He's also the ring general here. He's the one that can always find a way to win. He's the one that knows how to exploit weakness, and after fighting the Undertaker, Brock has weakness.

Hart won't win this with a sharpshooter. He'll get one on Brock, but the Beast will get out of it.

No, this one's ending on a German Suplex, and it'll end when the Hitman finds a mid-move counter that Brock doesn't see coming. A 3 count later, and Lesnar won't know what happened. But he will have lost.

Bret did stuff like this. He could fight multiple times in one night at a high level straight through. He could fight a multitude of opponents with different styles, and adapt. He could find all different ways to beat you. And he'd do it here.

I will point out that he still won that match after the Shooting Star Botch.

Exactly my point, bork would have to make a major mistake akin to the shooting star botch or underestimating Goldberg last year for Bret to have a chance..

If Heyman's at ringside, Bret doesn't stand a chance...

Once the voting starts I expect this to be another squash match for lesnar.

Bret never faced anything other than original taker before his prime...

Lesnar beat taker in his main event prime and in his last few runs... As well as the streak...

Lesnar wins when it comes to pure brawl and strength. But think back to Lesnar's career. What has always been Lesnar's biggest disadvantage? Technicians. Angle, Benoit, Punk. All of these guys pushed Brock to the limit. Also, Lesnar is cocky. Look how he lost against Goldberg.

What is Lesnar's biggest weapon? Suplex, suplex, suplex. F5. This is Bret Hart we're talking about here. And Hart will be able to counter Lesnar's one move.

Plus when it comes to legacy, I'm pretty sure that for the time being, Hart's legacy surpasses the one of Lesnar. Hart was and is, an icon. You could argue that Lesnar draws more money though. But does he really? Lesnar is part of a show that also invloves Cena, Triple H, Undertaker, Orton and depending on the period there were also Punk and Bryan or Reigns, Sting and Rollins. Who were there to help Hart carry the load? Undertaker, Hart, HBK and Diesel. Hart, also took part in two of the greatest Wrestlemania matches, ever.

However, I still think that Brock will beat Hart. Hart will surely bring the fight, but quite frankly, Hart lacks the surprise factor that is required to take down Lesnar and I doubt Lesnar will tap. The F5 is more than enough to put Hart down.

Sorry Hitman, but you were never tested in the big leagues and that's the only thing that keeps you away from the best ever. Your league was Flair, Diesel and Undertaker, in an era were Flair was leaving, Undertaker wasn't a main eventer and Dieseil was your equal. And when Michaels came along, you gave your place to him. And Austin was still a rookie in 1997.
Lesnar has faced and defeated HHH, Orton, Cena, Undertaker, Goldberg, Angle and The Rock. That's just way to impressive to pass it by.

Lesnar wins.

I think Lesnar's disadvantage against the more technical wrestlers as well as his cockiness would be his downfall.

He would have Bret dead to rights for most of the match but he would do something stupid thinking he has this match in the bag and Bret being the master technician would capitalize and squeak out the win.

Brock's weakness is, as already mentioned, technical wrestlers. Brock Lesnar lost due to submission. It would be fine if he lost once in such a way. But no, Kurt Angle made him tap out twice and Chris Benoit made him tap out as well.

Moreover, Brock faced a hard match in the last round of the tourney beating The Undertaker by just 8 votes. While Bret Hart beat Jericho by 27 votes. The latter is more fresh.

Now, if we even discount Brock's weakness here, Bret Hart is a better professional wrestler than Brock Lesnar. He didn't have boring squash wins. I know that I'm biased against Brock Lesnar and I'll remain so for a long time.

Vote Bret Hart who's a much better professional wrestler.

Bret came out on the losing end of things before he would find a way to win. He would eventually get it done, make it look legit, take his time and execute. He may be up for longer matches, but history shows his trouble with first meetings against bigger men.

Brock doesnt need eventually & is known for his destruction. When he takes his time, its in between throwing legends around like training bags. When the guy tries to mount a comeback? Brock smashes some fists and elbows before going right back to throwing people around. Hart has not faced anyone close to what Lesnar has become.

Brock has beaten the best ever & has basically owned the WWE since his return. Including big wins over HHH, Taker & John Cena. If Lesnar beat those 3 faces of WWE Mt. Rushmore, he would clearly handle the Hitman. Just like he beat Rock, Orton, Hogan, etc. While Bret may have been dominant, many of his stretches included beating jobbers and mid card guys before trading titles back and forth with the main event guys. Brock has dominated all the big names & will do so again here.

This is going to be a marathon, and while Brock is capable, I feel the previous match with Taker would've taken its toll. Bret I feel it's better suited to go the distance, and could wear down the beast. Now if this were just a one off match, I'd more than likely would choose Brock. In this case, I'm picking Bret.

Bret Hart is one of the best technicians and psychologists of all time. When a Brock match revolves around physicality, like they basically all have since he's come back, Lesnar's almost impossible to beat. Guys like HHH, Taker, Cena, Goldberg, and Ambrose have all attempted to stand toe-to-toe and trade blows with Lesnar, and all have eventually gone down because Lesnar owns that game. Nobody's going to beat Brock (fairly) by trying to out-fight him. But one can beat Lesnar by out-thinking him.

Brock's go to move when facing somebody smart enough to not just stand there and get destroyed, is to resort to using weapons. He did it against Benoit, he did it against Angle, and while it was legal because of the NO DQ stip, he did it against CM Punk. Bret Hart is in the same league as all of the names mentioned, used the same sort of style, and arguably did it better than all three. Believe it or not, Lesnar has a weakness, and it just so happens to be technical wrestlers who can withstand his punishment. So unless somebody's arguing that Brock is going to use a chair to weaken Bret, this match is not as cut and dry as some seem to think it is.

Hart isn't going to fight Lesnar, he's going to pick him apart. Although Brock will undoubtedly get some bombs in, Bret has enough heart (hehe) to take the punishment and drag this match past the 20 minute mark. At that point, Lesnar will be in survival mode, especially after barely surviving a match with the Undertaker earlier in the night. Bret's MO was to destroy the legs throughout the match, this wouldn't be any different; the Sharpshooter, while probably not enough to put Brock away, would hurt him significantly and convince him that he needs to put Bret away immediately. And when he tries to do that, Hart would capitalize by reversing out of the suplex or F-5 (two moves which he probably would have seen about 10 times each throughout the match) and rolling Lesnar up for the pin.

Hart wins.

Bret is known for overcoming the odds after all is said and done. Same with Cena. They both get you in the end. Add Taker to the list of top gun WWE sheriffs who did the same.

Brock handed the last two their ass. The first man would be the next victim. Hart is known for sticking to his gameplan and picking dudes apart. It works until the larger guy uses his size and strength advantage and takes him out. Then Bret comes back to win after "studying" his opponent. Brock is known for smashing people's gameplans apart & using his size/strength advantage to impose his will. Added bonus of being a legit wrestler & some MMA training. Bret knows counters? So does Lesnar & his hurt more.

Oh, and Bret tries a roll up and it just pisses Lesnar off while giving Heyman heart palpitations. Then Brock quits playing with his food & his an F5.

Both got beat up by Goldberg.

Bret got kicked in the head so bad it ended his career. Lesnar has been wrecked by Goldberg multiple times and never stopped getting up until he finally defeated the man. Lesnar showed that he is tougher and able to sustain punishment better than Hart. If Bret Hart couldn't take a kick from Goldberg I doubt he can take a strike from a professionally trained MMA fighter who at one point was the baddest man on the planet.

Lesnar beats this bitter old man and makes him a tiny bit more bitter than he already is.

Both got beat up by Goldberg.

Bret got kicked in the head so bad it ended his career. Lesnar has been wrecked by Goldberg multiple times and never stopped getting up until he finally defeated the man. Lesnar showed that he is tougher and able to sustain punishment better than Hart. If Bret Hart couldn't take a kick from Goldberg I doubt he can take a strike from a professionally trained MMA fighter who at one point was the baddest man on the planet.

Lesnar beats this bitter old man and makes him a tiny bit more bitter than he already is.

Goldberg literally never beat Bret Hart. Bret even won the concussion match. Goldberg, in the record books, is Bret's bitch. Also, the Goldberg concussion didn't end his career, it was one he got afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back