Cena's backstage politicking.

The rolling eyes emoji can be used to express sarcasm. :disappointed:

Good way to save face huh?

Firstly, we don't know about the full situation with Riley. Secondly, Edge and Jericho even said Cena realised and admitted what he did was wrong. Does that not signify any good in him?

Firstly, when confronted on Twitter about the situation, Riley replied "I'd rather not talk about this", so its not just pure speculation. There is some evidence to this. Secondly, if Cena admitted he was wrong, why hasn't he learned from his mistakes? Beating Ryback countless times in 2012-2013, beating Rusev 3 PPVS in a row, beating Owens twice in a row, beating Wyatt twice in a row, etc.. all of his opponents get ONE victory over him and the rest of the feud Cena wins multiple matches. If Cena apolgoized then it means dog shit because he hasn't learned from his mistake. Cena could've afforded to lose more in some of these feuds, or his opponents could've had more protection at least. I have no idea if its Cena or creative team booking this shit, I thought it was the creative team at first, but after reading that article about the Nexus, I've been suspicious about Cena.

Thats like a relationship where the girl apologizes to a guy for cheating on him, and then proceeds to keep cheating on him. An apology doesn't mean shit if you don't learn from your mistakes.

Well you're not doing a very good job of it.
You try convincing a bunch of ignorant apologists and see if you succeed

Firstly, when confronted on Twitter about the situation, Riley replied "I'd rather not talk about this", so its not just pure speculation. There is some evidence to this.

Where's the evidence?

Secondly, if Cena admitted he was wrong, why hasn't he learned from his mistakes? Beating Ryback countless times in 2012-2013, beating Rusev 3 PPVS in a row, beating Owens twice in a row, beating Wyatt twice in a row, etc.. all of his opponents get ONE victory over him and the rest of the feud Cena wins multiple matches. If Cena apolgoized then it means dog shit because he hasn't learned from his mistake. Cena could've afforded to lose more in some of these feuds, or his opponents could've had more protection at least. I have no idea if its Cena or creative team booking this shit, I thought it was the creative team at first, but after reading that article about the Nexus, I've been suspicious about Cena.

Oh yeah because Cena is the head booker.............:rolleyes:

You try convincing a bunch of ignorant apologists and see if you succeed

You're making out as if you can't succeed in convincing us we're wrong. If so, why continue? Even in the damn prison!?

Crocker you should just leave. These people will never understand what you're saying or care about you. I understand alot of what you're saying. I do think you're trying too hard at times though. Doesnt matter what you find or what you show. We can continue to see whats happening with Cena and we know that he politics and is clearly pushed despite being booed all of the time but at the end of the day These people will have their opinions and their views and you will have yours and I will have mine. Don't worry man

Nope it doesn't surprise me actually because there have been other backstage incidents which proves that Cena is an asshole backstage, such as getting Alex Riley buried, deciding to go over Team Nexus When Edge and Jericho tried so hard to convince him that it wasn't the best option, wanting to go over The Shield a month after they debuted, etc.. backstage politicing by itself isn't that bad; 95% of top stars have done it except for Rock and Daniel Bryan, but combine the backstage politicing with Cena burying talent like Riley and destroying The Nexus momentum and that is enough to prove that Cena isn't the angel that they portray him to be.

I think it was Vince wanted Cena to go over The Shield and not the other way around. Also Punk beat The Shield. By himself.

Jericho and Edge didn't like how Cena wanted to do the finish. They never said Cena argued who was winning. Cena even admitted afterwards that he should have listened to them. I think Edge even said something like this happens to everyone, not just Cena.

Yes, I do think that finish was dumb. I thought The Nexus should have gone over.

Cena ribbed Riley and Riley reacted badly. Apparently breaking some sort of unwritten code. If the dirt sheets are to be believed (I do believe this story but don't believe it's why he lost his push). If The Miz came out fine after getting kicked out of the damn locker room for 6 months, then the Cena incident is not why Riley is where he is. Perhaps he wasn't that good (I'm pretty sure it's this one).

Punk had to turn heel for Rock as Rock wanted to beat a heel for the title (Punk wanted to stay babyface). That also screwed Ryback as he lost a lot of momentum after not beating Punk due to Rock needing to dethrone a heel.

I think it was Vince wanted Cena to go over The Shield and not the other way around. Also Punk beat The Shield. By himself.

It was Punk, who was in the mid card at the time, and was losing a bit of steam. He lost all of his major matches vs Rock, Taker, and Brock. So yes a big win was needed at some point... If he had beaten one of the part timers, then a win over The Shield wouldn't be necessary.

Jericho and Edge didn't like how Cena wanted to do the finish. They never said Cena argued who was winning. Cena even admitted afterwards that he should have listened to them. I think Edge even said something like this happens to everyone, not just Cena.

Jericho: [Laughes] Exactly. He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, 'that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason'.

Edge: They should have gone over because they were so hot.

Jericho: We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And, in all fairness, where's Wade Barrett now? They should have listened to us.

Cena ribbed Riley and Riley reacted badly. Apparently breaking some sort of unwritten code. If the dirt sheets are to be believed (I do believe this story but don't believe it's why he lost his push). If The Miz came out fine after getting kicked out of the damn locker room for 6 months, then the Cena incident is not why Riley is where he is. Perhaps he wasn't that good (I'm pretty sure it's this one).

The thing is that Miz DIDN'T come out fine. He had a short main event run, then spent the rest of the time in the mid card. His main event run was a transitional run to set up Rock vs Cena. Anyone could've took his place. He was good at getting heat, but he had little to no backstage support. HHH hates his guts. The moral of the story is if a top star absolutely hates your guts, you won't succeed. HHH and 70% of the locker room hates Miz, Cena hates Riley; look where they are.

Punk had to turn heel for Rock as Rock wanted to beat a heel for the title (Punk wanted to stay babyface). That also screwed Ryback as he lost a lot of momentum after not beating Punk due to Rock needing to dethrone a heel.

Yup. This is one prime example of why wins and losses DO matter (not RATIOS, but the outcome of a major match matters). Punk did destroy Ryback's momentum, losing to him multiple times on PPV did not do Ryback any favors at all. No I am not going to say Punk put over Ryback because Ryback "took him to the limit" because I am not a Punk apologist. I am a Punk mark, but not an apologist; I can recognize his flaws and admit them. For a dominant up and coming monster face like Ryback to go on a hot streak only to lose to a cowardly heel like Punk multiple times destroyed his momentum. It doesn't matter if he was protected in all those losses if he lost THREE times.

Secondly, if Cena admitted he was wrong, why hasn't he learned from his mistakes? Beating Ryback countless times in 2012-2013, beating Rusev 3 PPVS in a row, beating Owens twice in a row, beating Wyatt twice in a row, etc.. all of his opponents get ONE victory over him and the rest of the feud Cena wins multiple matches.

Cena is the top face. Top faces don't lose (they especially don't lose clean). Ryback was Cena's first opponent after he won the title. Usually you don't lose in your first feud after winning the WWE title. So that's the bookers fault.

Owens just got called up. That's why he lost.

Want to know how many times Austin lost more than 1 match in a row in 1999? Zero. Want to know how many clean losses he had in 1999? One. Want to know how many feuds he lost in 1999? Zero. Top faces shouldn't put that many people over. Top faces shouldn't lose that many feuds. That's how wrestling works.

Cena is the top face. Top faces don't lose (they especially don't lose clean). Ryback was Cena's first opponent after he won the title. Usually you don't lose in your first feud after winning the WWE title. So that's the bookers fault.

Owens just got called up. That's why he lost.

Want to know how many times Austin lost more than 1 match in a row in 1999? Zero. Want to know how many clean losses he had in 1999? One. Want to know how many feuds he lost in 1999? Zero. Top faces shouldn't put that many people over. Top faces shouldn't lose that many feuds. That's how wrestling works.

Cena doesn't even need to lose. He just needs to not win as much. For example the Kevin Owens feud, it should've been 1-1, with the final match ending in a DQ or double count out to protect both men. Owens just debuting was even more of a reason for him to get more protection, as he's not established enough to prevent himself from losing momentum.

If Cena can't afford a loss that badly, then don't put monster heels in a feud with him. Monster heels like Ryback, Wyatt, Rusev, losing to the same person multiple times in a row isn't good for their momentum.

Cena doesn't even need to lose. He just needs to not win as much. For example the Kevin Owens feud, it should've been 1-1, with the final match ending in a DQ or double count out to protect both men. Owens just debuting was even more of a reason for him to get more protection, as he's not established enough to prevent himself from losing momentum.

If Cena can't afford a loss that badly, then don't put monster heels in a feud with him. Monster heels like Ryback, Wyatt, Rusev, losing to the same person multiple times in a row isn't good for their momentum.

Say what...? :lol:

Quit reaching fool.

Hit that "log out" option on the top right of your webpage and never return.

I hate this guy already.

It was Punk, who was in the mid card at the time, and was losing a bit of steam. He lost all of his major matches vs Rock, Taker, and Brock. So yes a big win was needed at some point... If he had beaten one of the part timers, then a win over The Shield wouldn't be necessary.

I know. It was more to make a point that Cena is not the only guy who gets booked strongly (and illogically at times).

Jericho: [Laughes] Exactly. He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, 'that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason'.

Edge: They should have gone over because they were so hot.

Jericho: We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And, in all fairness, where's Wade Barrett now? They should have listened to us.

Where did they say Cena went to Vince and made sure that he was the winner? They said Cena chose how to finish the match but not who was the winner. So probably Vince said Cena is winning and then Cena came up with the finish.

The thing is that Miz DIDN'T come out fine. He had a short main event run, then spent the rest of the time in the mid card. His main event run was a transitional run to set up Rock vs Cena. Anyone could've took his place. He was good at getting heat, but he had little to no backstage support. HHH hates his guts. The moral of the story is if a top star absolutely hates your guts, you won't succeed. HHH and 70% of the locker room hates Miz, Cena hates Riley; look where they are.
Miz is right where he should be now. He was very hot but honestly he was never that good. He was at the right place, at the right time. He overachieved and his lack of talent caught up with him.

Yup. This is one prime example of why wins and losses DO matter (not RATIOS, but the outcome of a major match matters). Punk did destroy Ryback's momentum, losing to him multiple times on PPV did not do Ryback any favors at all. No I am not going to say Punk put over Ryback because Ryback "took him to the limit" because I am not a Punk apologist. I am a Punk mark, but not an apologist; I can recognize his flaws and admit them. For a dominant up and coming monster face like Ryback to go on a hot streak only to lose to a cowardly heel like Punk multiple times destroyed his momentum. It doesn't matter if he was protected in all those losses if he lost THREE times.

That was bookings fault anyways. Punk couldn't lose at the time and neither could Ryback. They shouldn't have had that match.

I know. It was more to make a point that Cena is not the only guy who gets booked strongly (and illogically at times)

Cena is by far the strongest booked person on the roster. Orton, Reigns, Daniel Bryan, and Punk when he was still around didn't receive nearly the same amount as Cena. Reigns lost 3 ppvs in a row this year. Orton has been in the mid card for a while and put over Sheamus clean. Daniel Bryan isn't even that protected in the first place despite being mega over. Punk lost to all the part timers. Cena got squashed by Brock, but its Brock Lesnar, he squashes everyone.

Where did they say Cena went to Vince and made sure that he was the winner? They said Cena chose how to finish the match but not who was the winner. So probably Vince said Cena is winning and then Cena came up with the finish.
Thats one way to interpret it and it may or may not be right, but Cena has a lot of backstage pull; he should've volunteered to put them over if hes as nice as he is on television.

Miz is right where he should be now. He was very hot but honestly he was never that good. He was at the right place, at the right time. He overachieved and his lack of talent caught up with him.
What lack of talent? Mic skills are top notch, charisma is top notch, hes a heat magnet, his in ring skills are pretty average but since when did in ring skills matter when guys like Big Show and Kane are constantly in the spotlight. He is where he is because a lot of people backstage don't like him.

That was bookings fault anyways. Punk couldn't lose at the time and neither could Ryback. They shouldn't have had that match.
I agree. WWE always does this for some reason; putting two men in a feud when the two men can't afford a loss.

Hey Crocker, thought I'd remind you of that controversy about Cena getting Kenny Dykstra fired so that he could freely fuck Mickie James, and ultimately getting Mickie James fired too, after he lost interest in her and she was stirring up drama. You can add that to the list with Nexus and Riley.

Okay, carry on.

Hey Crocker, thought I'd remind you of that controversy about Cena getting Kenny Dykstra fired so that he could freely fuck Mickie James, and ultimately getting Mickie James fired too, after he lost interest in her and she was stirring up drama. You can add that to the list with Nexus and Riley.

Okay, carry on.

LMFAO! You're a terrible person.

Cena is politicking for Nikki so she gets paid more and he can sit at home on his fat arse spending all the money he's won from gambling with kids while she earns all the money, face facts people!

The original etymology of the phrase "_____ apologists" comes from the aftermath of World War II, when people who tried to explain the "whys" of WWII Germany as anything but a living manifestation of pure evil were derided as "Nazi apologists". It's kept that meaning up until recently, when it started appearing in video game discussions as people needed progressively more dramatic ways of complaining that a company wasn't doing the thing they wanted at the moment right then.

You seem to use the phrase "Cena apologist" a lot, and I only bring up this history lesson because I'm trying to determine what kind of idiot you are; a blithely ignorant idiot who is unaware of the loaded words he's using but saw someone else do it and thought it'd be cool, or a dramatic arrogant idiot who implicitly compares Cena to Nazis because that's a useful thing to say.

Cena is politicking for Nikki so she gets paid more and he can sit at home on his fat arse spending all the money he's won from gambling with kids while she earns all the money, face facts people!

He was trying to get her incredible $110,000 paycheck she earns every year increased to at least $120,000. Because the $2.75 million a year he's banking is chump change in comparison. Politics I tell you what.

I must have missed it. Enlighten me.

Do you know how criminal investigations work? They use small pieces of evidence to prove things. This may not be a HUGE piece of evidence, but it is significant enough to prove that something fishy went on backstage

What, the finish of a match and a rumour means he has a lot of backstage control?

Punk had control over his own script, Sheamus gets more pushes due to being HHH's work buddy, Kane voluntarily puts people over, you would think the face of the company has even more backstage pull, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back