• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena vs. Punk or Ryback vs. Punk at Hell in a Cell?

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
On one hand, I really fucking want Punk/Cena at Hell in a Cell because it's an excellent feud, they have excellent chemistry and it'd be nice for a good feud to get the gimmick match at Hell in a Cell instead of some title match planned three weeks in advance.

On the other hand, I really want Punk's reign to get more time, even if it means buying a few extra weeks by postponing his rematch with Cena. That's not to say Cena's guaranteed to win afterwards, but every time they get into the ring for a title match I'm definitely more wary of John than I am other challengers. That's why the finish at Night of Champions was so sensational to me. I was so worried about Cena winning that when he got the three, I bought it. I hadn't expected the decision to be reversed by such a subtle technicality. It was good fucking booking.

No matter what, I believe Punk's reign should, at the very least, go to Royal Rumble. And even then, considering The Rock might not have enough time to be on RAW every week leading up to WrestleMania, I believe it'd be best for Punk to carry the title into WrestleMania and lose it to a rising face. With Punk becoming the most over heel in YEAAAARS, the only heel to have accrued a reign comparable in length to Cena's, he should lose the title to a face who'd be built up as an up-and-coming contender and then would get over thanks to the win. Like Daniel Bryan. JUST GIVE ME BRYAN/PUNK AT WRESTLEMANIA! DO IT!

Cena/Punk. Obviously. Those two in the ring together is absolute magic every time, and it's not every month you can put them in a cell.

I wonder if WWE has the balls to have Punk beat Ryback - they didn't to have him beat Orton.

Punk/Cena with Punk retaining due to making Cena and his injured elbow pass out in the Anaconda Vice.

The inevitable Dusty finish with Ryback can wait until Survivor Series.

Survivor Series is Punk/Lesnar vs Cena/Ryback, or so help me God... I'll whine about it on the world wide web.

Cena/Punk. Obviously. Those two in the ring together is absolute magic every time, and it's not every month you can put them in a cell.

I wonder if WWE has the balls to have Punk beat Ryback - they didn't to have him beat Orton.

It's not about balls, it's just bad business. Evidently Ryback is going to be a huge draw, so why kill the momentum? I start to feel that Ryback and Punk can very well face each other at WrestleMania.

Ryback needs to build more. And I honestly want a streak storyline...it's been long enough, and they have built Ryback up to the point where it's believable. Cena/Punk in the Cell...maybe Ryback gets involved...but I'd love to see a Ryback get involved with Lesnar to parallel any kind of Punk/Cena storyline. Maybe we get a tag match at Survivor Series? Lesnar/Punk v. Cena/Ryback? Jeez...I sound like I just started posting on the forums.

Cena/Punk feels too late, though. It should have been done in a bigger fashion with the both of them as babyfaces at Summerslam. If they wanted to turn Punk during the show, that would have been fine, but it needed to have a big payoff, and Raw 1000 wasn't big enough for me.

As for Ryback, I would suspect that he stays undefeated until the summertime when the Goldberg DVD comes out and, hopefully, we have a return of Goldberg in some fashion. New streak v. old streak. If you really want to get WWE video-gameish...they have it at Wrestlemania and involve Taker. LOL.

OMG, this is maybe my most fanboy post in 4 years...

It's not about balls, it's just bad business. Evidently Ryback is going to be a huge draw, so why kill the momentum? I start to feel that Ryback and Punk can very well face each other at WrestleMania.

Losing to the WWE Champion isn't a momentum killer - but I am quite feeling that WrestleMania idea, if you think they can go without blowing their load for that long.

Put Cena and Punk in the cell. That match is the one that deserves it considering the build and history. Keep Ryback away, he can win against an angry Big show at survivor series. That's an easy story to make. Anyways Ryback should win the royal rumble and face Sheamus at mania. Once again that's an easy story to make.

As for the HIAC finish, have Brock Lesnar return and rip open the cell door, destroying Cena in the process giving punk the cheap win. Once again many ways to do this in the reasoning sense. Brock wants to break the strip of the wwe blah blah blah, hasn't accomplished everything. Involve Heyman. Make Team Cena vs Team Lesner at SS. Put Triple H on Cena's team, involving Cena trying to convince Triple H to come out of 'retirement'.

As for the HIAC finish, have Brock Lesnar return and rip open the cell door, destroying Cena in the process giving punk the cheap win. Once again many ways to do this in the reasoning sense. Brock wants to break the strip of the wwe blah blah blah, hasn't accomplished everything. Involve Heyman. Make Team Cena vs Team Lesner at SS. Put Triple H on Cena's team, involving Cena trying to convince Triple H to come out of 'retirement'.

You had me for a second there. Brock giving Punk the cheap win would make a lot of sense. Heyman's with Punk now, could easily ask Brock a favor and he still has a bone to pick with Cena. Then you lost me with the stupid Survivor Series shit. The tag team match suggestion from Coco sounded a lot more appealing.

You had me for a second there. Brock giving Punk the cheap win would make a lot of sense. Heyman's with Punk now, could easily ask Brock a favor and he still has a bone to pick with Cena. Then you lost me with the stupid Survivor Series shit. The tag team match suggestion from Coco sounded a lot more appealing.

I prefer a traditional 5 man survivor series match over a tag match at survivor series. Obviously the match would have a sense of urgency to it, if team cena wins Brock leaves the wwe for good (stack team Cena with people that have had trouble with Brock in the past or are friends with Cena). If Team Brock wins, let them have something...i cant think right now.

Provisional team Brock. (Lesnar, Show. Del-rio..?..?)
Cena. (Cena,HHH...

pick Brodus for Team Cena or someone of that ilk and have Brock kill him on raw 2 weeks before SS, with his submission - breaking arm you know the deal. Therefore Team Cena is one man short, Brock is laughing etc. Cena tries to find people, but out of jealously and past fueds noone wants to join and they say that they hope Brock ends Cena for good. Use your imagination. Have Cena struggle to find guys...have him ask Orton but Orton rejects!

Then Last monday on raw, Cena having accepted that his team will be one man short, hears from HHH who has a guy in mind. Final segment before SS, huge confrontation between the teems, with the heels antagonizing one another, Heyman on the mic...massive heat. Then boom the gong goes out out comes Taker...final member comfirmed.

Obviously at the match Brock wins, pins HHH instantly first 2 mmins...Cena loses dirty- massive boos. Comes down to Taker vs Del-Rio/Brock. Out goes the mexican, Taker vs Brock, crowd is insane. Back and forth...taker gets overpowered showing that hes on his last legs, doesn't have it anymore - streak is vulnerable (story for mania). Brock wins breaks Taker's arm. Story afterwards is that Taker is done, finished, Brock has achieved one more thing. Sell it for fucks sake.

The night after the rumble...Brock returns says he's done with the e' has accomplished everything. Gong goes out, oh no you haven't. Taker wants revenge issues the challenge. Game on.

Okay i may have gone overboard there and needed detail and specifics cos i doubt most are following me, but fuck wrestling isn't that hard to book.

I have an image in my head, Punk is finished. Cena is so close to being the champion...Heyman isn't phased...i wonder why? Brock returns rips out the door like the animal he is supposed to be (Cena looks scared, for once) not the pussy who faced HHH and proceeds to destroy Cena in the cell and dumps punks lifeless body over him for the 1...2..3

Heyman yelling KILL HIM BROCK. over and over again. Cena's injury exposed!

Easiest and best way to return Brock Lesnar.

Also, *spirit not strip on my first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back