Cena Region, Sacramento Subregion, First Round: (16) Scott Hall vs. (17) Ted DiBiase

Who Wins This Match?

• Scott Hall

• Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Sacramento Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California.

275px-Sleep_Train_Arena.jpg

scotthallwcw_original.jpg

#16. Scott Hall

Vs.

1751754-ted_dibiase.jpg

#17. Ted DiBiase

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

If we're imagining prime versions of either competitor, then I'm imagining Ted DiBiase when he was on the verge of winning the tournament at WrestleMania 4.

Scott Hall's prime? I'm thinking maybe when he won World War 3, where he barely eeked it out. Or perhaps it was when he was vying for the world title in the WWF, which I'm sure few people remember or care to look up.

I'm a pretty big fan of Ted DiBiase, and looking up his older matches have endeared him to me even more. Scott was a decent supplement to a cast of cartoon characters throughout his career, and eventually he proudly became WCW's village idiot.

Vote Ted DiBiase.

Ted DiBiase was the quintessential heel back in the late 80's and early 90's. You hated him; and it wasn't a love to hate thing where you said you didn't like him but secretly you did. You really really hated him. He was a despicable human being. I mean, you hated Virgil just for being around Ted DiBiase. That's why the Million Dollar Man is so well remembered. He was great at what he did and that was being the bad guy. DiBiase is easily one of the greatest heels in wrestling history. Other then being great at being bad, though, what did he accomplish? Unfortunately not much and that's what's going to hurt him here.

Scott Hall was the cool bad guy. He did horrible things that any other heel would do, but he just did it cooler than all the other heels. He was the first to make being bad cool. It's because of the 'Bad Guy' Razor Ramon that personas like Stone Cold Steve Austin and others of that ilk could flourish and be as over as they were. If we're being honest with ourselves, Hall was up there with the HBKs, Harts, Diesels, and 'Takers of the world during the New Era in WWF history. Then, when he went to WCW, he became more popular and more important to wrestling than he had ever been and unfortunately for DiBiase, Hall is way more important to wrestling history.

Vote Hall.

With both never grasping that final ring, impact is where we have to go here. Ask 100 casual fans to name either man & more will recognize Hall. The jump and following faction turned wrestling upside down & made some noise even casual fans took notice of.

Ted was solid, but he never shook the earth. Vote Hall.

Either one of these guys could have been made World champions at almost anytime without anybody disagreeing with that decision. Dibiase and Hall were two main-event caliber wrestlers who for some reason or other, never became entrenched in the main event. Than again, they didn't need to be to become bonafide legends and make their mark in wrestling history and that's truly what makes them so great.

Neither were protected much and they lost a lot. Most of Dibiase's wins over the bigger stars of his era came by DQ or CO, in fact I don't think Dibiase ever pinned a top-tier name, at least not in a single match (although I'm sure somebody will call me out on that). Scott Hall's record wasn't much better; he was often on the losing end when it came to big-time matches with his biggest winning probably coming in the Mania 10 Ladder match with Shawn Michaels. I honestly can't justify a vote for one over the other so I'm going with who I liked better.

I loved Dibiase but Scott Hall is one of my favorite wrestlers ever... yeah I'm really not joking. I'm voting Hall unless a really good argument for Dibiase pops up and changes my mind.

Scott Hall for me, but it's tight. Both of these guys had excellent characters, but where DiBiase's was obvious, Hall took something a little bit more left field and ran with it. The only reason he wasn't a world champion was because of his unreliability outside of the ring. DiBiase was a great foil for Hulk Hogan, but he never really looked like he was ever going to beat any of the biggest names of his era. It's a close one, but I think Hall just has a little bit more beyond being a great character.

Another tough one here. At their peaks, both wrestlers were among the most recognized names in wrestling even though neither won World Heavyweight gold. Hall was a part of one of histories biggest angles in the NWO and was a participant in the much revered Summerslam ladder match with Shawn Michaels, though on the losing end of it. There is no argument that Scott Hall was one of the most pivotal and popular wrestlers of his time.

That said, I believe I am going to go with Dibiase here. I've noted the similarities(iconic characters, lack of world titles) but there are a couple little things that put The Million Dollar Man over the top in my ranking. I can't overlook Dibiase's role in what turned out to be one of the biggest moments in wrestling history when a record number of viewers tuned in for the whole Hogan/Andre/Dibiase/Hebner fiasco. The Million Dollar Belt became a fun, long-running thing and the skits where fans demeaned themselves for money are classics. Though certainly not on the level of the NWO, The Rat Pack was a really good stable and Dibiase had success both in regional promotions and Japan. Throw in the fact that Dibiase is light years better as a worker and that cinches The Million Dollar Man as my winner here.

Well, damn. I would have picked Dibiase here, all things considered I think he was one of the best pure heels in wrestling history. Hall is great, no doubt, but the cool Heel thing annoys me. Although having said that it was a snapshot of the era it was in...

Damnit...

Oh well.

This one is tough. DiBiase was one of the all time greats, period. He's held in better regard than Hall is today. Now Hall had a good run in both WWF and WCW, but there was quite a bit of politicking associated with him being in the Kliq and NWO. It's a shame that Ted never held the IC or world belt, but I think he beats Hall despite which one made a bigger impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back