Cena Region, Billings Subregion, First Round: (3) Lou Thesz vs. (30) Ricky Banderas

Who Wins This Match?

• Lou Thesz

• Ricky Banderas

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Billings Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rimrock Auto Arena in Billings, Montana.

54c43c1d18f1e.image.jpg

Lou-T.jpg

#3. Lou Thesz

Vs.

64c49322eb6f29f7400da99194d809d5.jpg

#30. Ricky Banderas

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Here we have the greatest professional wrestler of all time against some guy from St. Louis. I kid of course.

Ricky Banderas' greatest claim to fame was appearing briefly in TNA as Judas Mesias and feuding with Abyss. Otherwise most of his career was spent in Mexico winning championships off iconic megastars like Big Guido from the Full Blooded Italians. Lou Thesz was more important to wrestling in Mexico than Banderas. He was 61 years old when we was awarded the UWF world championship in Mexico after wrestling WWE HOFamer Mil Mascaras to a draw. He dropped the title to legendary luchador El Canek after having helped legitimize the title and the promotion from the start. The UWF would go on to become a hotbed of wrestling in Mexico that further legitimized many international stars from Canada, the States, and Japan during the 80's.

So yeah. Extremely easy decision. Vote Lou Thesz.

Ricky Banderas has always been the absolute worst kind of wrestler unto IWC marks like me, he's the type of wrestler "you're supposed to like". He's always been an obnoxious fad driven darling of the bookers, and I've never seen an even slightly decent Ricky Banderas match.

Lou Thesz? He made history and was one of the most prominent pro-wrestling pioneers. Oh and, a booker would be walking with a permanent limp if he ever tried to tell Lou that he was tasked with making Ricky look good. Lou is the type of nightmare that would make Freddy Kreuger have to sleep with a diaper.

I honestly think this might be Lou Thesz' year.

Vote Lou.

I don't think there's much to be said here. A guy who couldn't get TNA to push him and kind of just tours the indy circuit versus the biggest wrestling star of the 1950s. Thesz wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back