Cena Region, Billings Subregion, Second Round: (6) CM Punk vs. (11) Harley Race

Who Wins This Match?

• CM Punk

• Harley Race

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Billings Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rimrock Auto Arena in Billings, Montana.

metranew.jpg

290558-cm-punk.jpg

#6. CM Punk

Vs.

c1ec2b6032015b2fc5f50246e81f4f59.jpg

#11. Harley Race

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This would be a great match if only for the old school promos which both men are great at.

That bring said, Harley would destroy punk in the ring.

This isn't a fair match. It'll be manslaughter like punks ufc match

THANK GOD THIS ONE ISN'T IN CHICAGO!

Yeah, I'm going with Harley. Fun fact, Punk actually stayed in Harley's house a few times while he was coming up in the wrestling world. You can hear about it by listening to Colt Cabana's podcast where Punk explains his ire with the WWE medical staff.

Harley Race is my absolute favorite legend from decades past. He wasn't just another grizzled bruiser. He had a personality that engaged you, he had the promo appeal of Gary Hart and a wrestling style that was without comparison. He seemed slow, but when you really studied him you realized you were watching the equivalent to a kung fu master proving his might.

Harley was a nice guy, who survived in locker rooms where "nice" was the worst four letter word you could use to describe someone else. However; he didn't just survive, he absolutely dominated.

Punk was great when the time was right for his type of character, but as a wrestler he was pretty basic. His character got him to the top, but his "what about me?" attitude likely ended his momentum. I'm willing to believe that an incompetent doctor and a lack of faith on part of the powers that be probably had some influence on his choice to walk out as well, but try to imagine any of that holding back Harley Race.

Harley worked for, and thrived under, shitty bookers. I could fill an encyclopedia sized book with Harley stories, but one story really seems to stick out; Harley slapped Hogan's ribs so hard that Hogan had to take a seat for an hour and offered no retaliation, this was because Harley had wanted to retire but he couldn't due to the WWF moving into his territory. King Harley race, as lame as that character was, had Hogan looking over his shoulder.

Vote Harley.

CM Punk did what Race & many others did back in the day & in a time where lengthy runs are damn near non exist. He caught fire and bested the king shit of the WWE, John Cena. He took shit from nobody & was not scared of taking on the best.

Race would surely put up the fight of fights, but I can see Punk taking this, even if it means playing dirty. With Paul at his side, King Harley will fall. Skinny fat beats beer gut.

CM Punk was one of the greatest wrestlers of his generation. Harley Race is one of the greatest wrestlers of all-time.

CM Punk had a title reign of 434 days in which he rarely headlined the main cards. Harley Race-with a few brief interludes-was the NWA champion for five years, the top act for his promotion.

CM Punk is a solid yet sloppy worker. Harley Race was very good technically, fairly agile, a tough brawler and strong enough to slam Andre.

CM Punk's Savage tribute flying elbow smash is cringe-inducing. Race is the innovator of the flying headbutt.

Ninety percent of the time, Punk is going to be the best mic man and most charismatic in a matchup. He may be here, but it's pretty darn close. Harley Race portrayed the legitimate tough guy maybe better than anyone and was a first rate interview himself.

I'm not gonna' lie, I like CM Punk. He's one of the most important wrestlers we've seen in the past twenty years. But very few wrestlers have the respect that Race does; from people behind the scenes, those he's competed against and those who watched his matches. Harley Race is a true legend who deserves consideration for being on wrestling's Mt. Rushmore and he deserves to win here. Vote Harley Race.

Despite being told he wasnt good enough and despite his look\lifestyle being made fun of, CM Punk toppled the biggest name on Mt Rushmore in the biggest promotion ever. That is fucking awesome.

So because Harley was a tough guy who fought for shitty promoters, he gets to go over?

I love Race, but get real tired of people dismissing Punk because he went home instead of putting up with bullshit. Race stayed through any of the shit thrown his way because he spent all his cash on whiskey and hookers, so he needed the money. Good as he was, he was just a tough bastard in a line of tough bastards before him. Punk shook shit up and held the top belt for a historic run that for the last decade had been basically reserved for hot potato reigns or John Cena.

Give my vote to that guy. Especially with Heyman by his side.

Sorry Punk but you walked away from your chance to be considered one of the greatest of all time, and while you may have had good reason for it, Race will always be considered one of the best characters and workers to ever step foot in the ring.

Race would take it.

Harley race beat flAir and dusty in there primes. At the end of his.

More than once.

So this means he beats Punk, why exactly? The A B C booking trick is a favorite among those with no real argument.

Sorry Punk but you walked away from your chance to be considered one of the greatest of all time, and while you may have had good reason for it, Race will always be considered one of the best characters and workers to ever step foot in the ring.

Race would take it.

Race would take his paycheck for the loss and then go intimidate some greenhorn asshole in the back for moving his gym bag.

Punk going home does not erase his name in the history books & considering the reason he is in there, it should put him in the conversation as one of the greats. Not everyone gets those long ass runs. Certainly not in the past two decades and especially not over the #1 company man.

Race was great, but is like Flair in that he lost his precious belts plenty of times. Guy comes in, takes the strap, he has to win it back a few days\weeks later, lather-rinse-repeat. Doesnt take away from his legendary status, but it is an interesting footnote. King Harley in all his glory can be outsmarted and beaten on any given day. Punk, along with his evil genius manager, are more than capable of doing just that.

I really liked Punk, but after about 2 years of looking like a credible contender, he left and went home. Race also fought his way to the top, but once he got there proved to have the necessary staying power. Race wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back