Brock Lesnar Flagged for Potential Doping Violation

Hunt's frustration largely stems from the fact that this is apparently the third time he's had to fight a doped up opponent. Before Brock, he fought Anderson Silva and Frank Mir, both of whom tested positive for banned substances after the fight. If that kept happening to me, I'd be furious too

There's a difference between calling out someone who broke the rules and asking for half of Brocks purse. Besides, you don't win fights because you take PED's, I have no idea how that became a thing because it's just not true and it's a lame excuse to pull because you got beat.

There's a difference between calling out someone who broke the rules and asking for half of Brocks purse. Besides, you don't win fights because you take PED's, I have no idea how that became a thing because it's just not true and it's a lame excuse to pull because you got beat.

I think Hunt said something like, "Why should the USADA get the money from the fight, I'm the one that lost to him." Which again, I agree with. If the money should go anywhere, it should go to the guy that actually fought, and ended up losing to, the "cheater" (for lack of a better word).

I think Hunt said something like, "Why should the USADA get the money from the fight, I'm the one that lost to him." Which again, I agree with. If the money should go anywhere, it should go to the guy that actually fought, and ended up losing to, the "cheater" (for lack of a better word).

If anyone got screwed it's the UFC, if they fine Brock assuming he went against the rules I'd have no problem with that, they're the ones who's name gets tainted and they're the ones that suffer. What does Hunt lose from the violation? Nothing. He gets to say Brock couldn't beat him clean and completely gets off the hook for losing to someone who hasn't fought in years. Every time he loses to a guy who allegedly (or in fact) doped he gets to pretend those losses didn't really happen and he gets to prolong his career because of it. Once again if the UFC gives him a bonus for putting him with a non clean fighter once again I'm fine with that but he shouldn't be getting 1.25 million for that either.

Genuine question: Would a USADA flag trigger the WWE Wellness Policy? Or would it have to be WWE testing Brock for it to be enforceable?

Dave: If he's suspended by the Nevada commission, New York will follow in kind which kills SummerSlam. Per the Meltz.

Genuine question: Would a USADA flag trigger the WWE Wellness Policy? Or would it have to be WWE testing Brock for it to be enforceable?

This might answer it better than I could.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0716/613636/if-brock-lesnar-is-suspended-in-nevada/

It would appear while they might not hold Lesnar accountable, they would hold the WWE accountable for letting a suspended MMA fighter perform at one of their shows. This is all up in the air though as I don't think Lesnar has been officially suspended yet. Hell we don't even know if the drug test was a positive, just a potential positive. How they are going to figure this out will be interesting. I'm assuming they would have A and B samples available, and they have to test the other one. If they don't have two samples, who the hell knows.

Does UFC give a winner's purse? If so, Hunt deserves that.

This is all assuming Brock broke the rules.

Usually they do, but Brock was apparently guaranteed a 2.5 million purse, win or lose. I was under the assumption that Brock only made that much because he won the fight and thus got a portion of the winner's purse, but I was wrong.

So I rescind my earlier statement. Deaner's right, Hunt doesn't deserve the money that Brock was guaranteed by the UFC as an incentive to fight. Than again, if Brock took a banned substance he doesn't deserve it much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back