Brock Lesnar Victorious Over Mark Hunt

Lesnar will probably never be viewed as one of the "all time greats" in UFC history as there's still simply too much of a stigma surrounding the crossover of pro wrestling and mixed martial arts despite Lesnar's success or Bobby Lashley's 14-2 record and has been viewed by many as one of the top heavyweights in MMA for several years.

Brock Lesnar will never be viewed as one of the greats in mixed martial arts because he had nine fights and lost three of them, two by first round knockout and one by first round submission.

Also, who the hell expected Hunt to stand around and not throw, basically at all. Anyone got the numbers? How many strikes did Hunt actually throw while standing? 2?

Lesnar won this fight because he's a freak of nature and he was able to throw a 264 pound man around like a ragdoll. Mark Hunt's takedown defense is usually pretty damn good and he still had no chance of stopping Brock. The fact that Mark looked like a regular Joe has nothing to do with it, he's always looked that way and has put down much more physically imposing opponents who chose to stand with him. Brock's saving grace was that he, in no way, shape, or form, had any plans on trading blows with Mark Hunt and stayed well out of his striking range, which is the smartest game plan he could have implemented.

Like I said, more casual fans who take physical conditioning and stats into account probably thought Hunt didn't have a chance. But for fans who have watched Mark Hunt absolutely devastate some pretty good fighters (Mir, Antonio Silva, Big Country) and have also seen Brock curl up on himself after taking a punch, this was legitimately shocking stuff believe it or not.

Let me put my 2 cent into this forum. Honestly I thought and wanted brock to lose to hunt.
I was unaware that Hunt had no ground. His ground was one of the worst I've ever seen.
Brock barely beat hunt. Brock was gassed/tired in the first round. Brock never had good endurance. Even when now wrestling in WWE. Most of the time when he wrestles he is laying on his back and someone carrying him.
Hunt looked so out of shape. He looked like a fat version of The rock/Romen Reigns lol.
My opinion still stands on Brock. He is still one of the most overrated fighters/professional wrestler on the planet. He isn't a good wrestler or MMA fighter. He needs to quit while he is ahead.
As a fighter. He is a excellent amateur wrestler. I'll give him that. His wrestling is top notch.
But his striking/submissions/ cardio is garbage. It's one of the most uncoordinated and trashy. Its terrible.
BTW Lesnar didnt really bring anything new to the table. He is still the same fighter who stills rely on wrestling to finish fights. He still sucks
All lesnar has going for him is wrestling. And if he fights someone like Cain, Junior, Overeem, stipe or anyone that knows what they doing. He would get destroyed and embrassed.
Lesnar is a terrible MMA fighter. Nothing about him stands out. IMO
As a wrestler. All he has is a great look and amateur wrestling. Everything else is trash. He needs to stick to WWE because vince will bend over backwards for him than any other wrestler. Which is stupid and a disgrace. One of the many reasons why I hate lesnar.
Lesnar in my eyes is a disgrace to MMA/Professsional wrestler. Only reason he got where he is because of a great look. And promotors for some odd reason bend over backwards for him
I hope randy goes over at Summerslam. I'm sick and tired of brock squashing credible wrestlers over and over again. Its stupid and disgraceful.
Fuck lesnar.

I bet vince almost had a heart attack when brock took off his shirt in their first meeting lol :p

All in all. IT was a great ppv.
Enjoyed it

Yeah, WWE basically rolled over and let UFC tickle their belly. Sure, showing a SummerSlam promo is something, but WWE should've insisted on Lesnar implementing some, if not all, of his wrestling gimmick into his entrance and post match interview.

I can see why Brock gets hate but I think he really is one of the greatest athletes out there. As others have alluded to, there's no one in the WWE who should be able to touch him, and that's why I think it could only be him who could break Taker's streak (despite him not needing to go over Taker like that.)

Lesnar won't be around forever but hopefully the dominance he shows over the rest of the roster (and most likely will continue to - Randy Orton rest in peace...) will come to something. Whoever the next megastar is will eventually go through Lesnar, and beat him - and it'll be huge for that person.

In the mean time I thoroughly enjoy him - having been away from wrestling for years he was one of the reasons I started following it again because he truly is the beast incarnate. He will continue to pique interest from more casual viewers which is why he needs to stick around, and cross-over stuff like this will only ultimately help the WWE - even more so because he actually won.

I thought Lesnar would have beaten Hunt in 2 rounds. He dominated the first round. Slept away the 2nd. ANd the third was on cruise. Look, Hunt was a glorified palooka. A "one punch knockout artist" was no match, on paper, for an athlete like Lesnar. Lesnar's speech after the fight was awesome, though.

Mark Hunt its not Roy Nelson (which i love him), its not just a one punch guy in a couple of matches.

Hunt its actually one if not the hardest hitter from the HW category. Is he the best HW UFC can offer? Not really, but given the actual status quo of the HW division on UFC, theres no much difference between the #1 and #10. Its the details that make the difference, like Miocic KO power and standing, Hunt brutal punches, etc.

Lesnar shown that unlike the last 2 fights he has on UFC, he was healthy, he had a game plan, and he stuck to it. Punch to punch...he was going down against Hunt (most fighter would), so he used his strenght and wrestling, and controlled the match as he pleased.

Hell, even Miocic (actual champion) had a hard time to beat Hunt, its was only at the fifth round he was able to TKO him. And during that match, hunt got some great offensive.

For a 5 years away hiatus of the sport, Lesnar accomplish its not short of impresive. If he was an actual active UFC, i would have been an OK victory. 5 Years away its a lot, even for an athlete of Lesnar caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back