Brock Lesnar Flagged for *POTENTIAL* Anti-Doping Violation

It's been announced by the USADA that Brock Lesnar has been informed of a "potential" violation of it's anti-doping policy. The UFC issued a statement saying:

"The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collection on June 28, 2016. USADA received the testing results from the June 28, 2016 sample collection from the WADA-accredited UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory on the evening of July 14, 2016.
USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case. It is important to note that, under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full fair legal review process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The Nevada State Athletic Commission also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed in close proximity to Lesnar's bout at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

Consistent with all previous potential anti-doping violations, additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward."

It's been reported earlier today that Lesnar underwent a total of 8 tests under USADA guidelines as part of his preparation for his fight with Mark Hunt. I'm not sure what "potential" in this case means, I can only guess that there's some sort of anomaly in the sample given on June 28th that hasn't been properly identified as of yet. As a result, I'm guessing that means that it's possibly performance enhancing drugs, possibly cocaine, something Lesnar has taken to help him cut weight for the fight or something else entirely altogether.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone accuses WWE of looking the other way when it comes to Lesnar, which is possible I suppose though I don't think it's likely as the potential damage to WWE if the results of a failed WWE drug test on Lesnar were somehow leaked far outweighs the value of protecting Lesnar. The thing about taking PEDs is that they're taken during cycles which, if timed properly, could allow wrestlers to potentially beat the WWE's drug tests. They're not taken every day but rather they're usually taken during a period of time that often ranges from 8 to 12 weeks, then they lay off them for 8 to 12 weeks before potentially beginning another cycle of them. So if Lesnar knew when he was going to be tested in WWE, which I think would be more likely as all anyone would have to do is to verbally inform Lesnar of when he was to be tested so he could adjust his cycle. This would be a violation of the WWE Wellness Policy as well but there'd be no way to prove it without a paper trail of email or texts.

However, I'm not saying any of this has happened in WWE, I've got no proof whatsoever and nor does anyone else for that matter. Also, as we know, Lesnar hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania and if he has indeed failed a drug test, then WWE isn't on the line for it as it was for his UFC fight and is thereby under the regulations of the United States Anti-Doping Association. If Lesnar has tested positive for some sort of performance enhancing drug, his reputation as a "once in a lifetime athlete" is irreparably tarnished.

If Lesnar has tested positive for some sort of performance enhancing drug, his reputation as a "once in a lifetime athlete" is irreparably tarnished.
It seems to me that Brock was once found in possession of HGH some years back. It wasn't illegal, and no charges were laid, of course, but that was still a performance enhancing substance prohibited by at least some organizations. So, to say that this is a complete surprise and completely unfathomable and that his reputation is irreparably tarnished would be a bit naive.

Looks bad for WWE, first Reigns and now Lesnar. Time to pull a 5:00am piss and blood test for the entire roster. I think MANY WWE talent would fail, to include HHH, Neville, Big E, Stroman, Rybach, Crews, and Rollins! Sucks for WWE!!!! Test em all, leave no stone unturned. Test the NXT roster also. SMH....Thank God ROH and TNA don't have these "scandals."

Looks bad for WWE, first Reigns and now Lesnar. Time to pull a 5:00am piss and blood test for the entire roster. I think MANY WWE talent would fail, to include HHH, Neville, Big E, Stroman, Rybach, Crews, and Rollins! Sucks for WWE!!!! Test em all, leave no stone unturned. Test the NXT roster also. SMH....Thank God ROH and TNA don't have these "scandals."

It doesn't look bad for WWE because Lesnar wasn't active on the WWE roster during this time period. He hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania and isn't contractually obligated for his next WWE match for another 5 weeks. What he does when he's not making contractual appearances for WWE is all on him.

ROH and TNA don't have drug testing as far as I'm aware of, just like almost every other pro wrestling organization. As far as "scandals" are concerned, I see you've forgotten about all the stuff surrounding Jeff Hardy several years back. It was obvious that Jeff Hardy was blitzed out of his mind and TNA turned a blind eye to it so long as it didn't interfere with his obligations. Of course, it all came to a head at Victory Road in 2011 when Hardy was so strung out that he couldn't even perform in the main event against Sting in what may very well be the single most embarrassing debacle in pro wrestling history in which a major pro wrestling promotion allowed a clearly inebriated wrestler to even perform.

WWE has more than its share of skeletons in the closet, but don't be naïve in believing that everyone else is innocent. ROH and TNA may well have ongoing issues regarding drugs and talent, but one advantage of not being as successful as WWE is that you can fly under the radar. If something scandalous goes down in WWE, it gets mainstream media coverage whereas if something goes down in TNA or ROH, it very quickly dies down as few people outside their audience and dirt sheet writers talk about it.

I'm definitely shocked and I'm definitely in the camp that believes the notion that Lesnar is a roid user (especially after such a public denial within the last 10 days) would be a very damaging and image-tarnishing conviction.

However, at this point, there is no conviction. It pisses me off that the judicial has prided itself on "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" for over 200 years but the media always presents charges as convictions. Time will obviously tell whether or not Brock is guilty of using PEDs and I'm sure Dana (and Vince) will both act accordingly.

Depending on which reports you are reading, Lesnar was tested from 5-8 times in the months before the fight. There is some rule that states a returning fighter has to start testing months before the fight happens. This test in question happened 11 days before the actual fight.

I find it strange that he passed all the others and not this one. Not saying that he is innocent but strange none the less. Also the UFC follows a very stringent drug testing procedure. I believe it is along the same lines as the one performed on Olympic athletics. The WWE performs their own tests and I'm not sure what guidelines they fall under or even who analyzes the results. Also not too sure if the athletics are even tested for the same substances.

Oh forgot to add this. If he did fail the test then he had some nerve saying that others were unprofessional, when he himself is guilty of the same thing. Irony at it's best.

Depending on which reports you are reading, Lesnar was tested from 5-8 times in the months before the fight. There is some rule that states a returning fighter has to start testing months before the fight happens. This test in question happened 11 days before the actual fight.

I find it strange that he passed all the others and not this one. Not saying that he is innocent but strange none the less. Also the UFC follows a very stringent drug testing procedure. I believe it is along the same lines as the one performed on Olympic athletics. The WWE performs their own tests and I'm not sure what guidelines they fall under or even who analyzes the results. Also not too sure if the athletics are even tested for the same substances.

Oh forgot to add this. If he did fail the test then he had some nerve saying that others were unprofessional, when he himself is guilty of the same thing. Irony at it's best.

Indeed, if Brock does turn out to be guilty, he'll have quite a few words to eat, ntm, all the momentum he gained from the UFC crossover will almost surely be lost. This will hurt WWE more than UFC, lMO, because I am sure Brock would have been a huge draw for SummerSlam.

Just reading through some other stuff and if he did test positive, not just a potential positive, then on the UFC side of things the decision is quite clear. If he appeals and the decision is upheld then they would suspend him for 2 years. With Lesnar's age that would pretty much do him in as far as going back is concerned I would think.

For the WWE though it opens up a whole new can of worms. If he is found guilty then the NYSAC (New York State Athletics Commission) would uphold any decision made by the governing UFC body in Nevada. That would make Lesnar not eligible to compete at Summerslam. They of course could test him themselves, but even if passed it wouldn't matter, the NYSAC wouldn't clear him. So I'm thinking the one who is going to come out on the shitty end of the stick here is the WWE. It looks like they might have lost their biggest draw for Summerslam. Let's hope this was a false positive and everyone can get on with business. If not well the WWE may be screwed.

I thought it was common knowledge Brock Dopes just from the way his body formed, like the way his neck is comes from the stereotypical steroid use.

Similar to Cena or Triple H having super unnatural Growth Spurts, Brocks body isn't typical for just a ton of body building.

He's just been Really good at avoiding the positive tests.

Just reading through some other stuff and if he did test positive, not just a potential positive, then on the UFC side of things the decision is quite clear. If he appeals and the decision is upheld then they would suspend him for 2 years. With Lesnar's age that would pretty much do him in as far as going back is concerned I would think.

For the WWE though it opens up a whole new can of worms. If he is found guilty then the NYSAC (New York State Athletics Commission) would uphold any decision made by the governing UFC body in Nevada. That would make Lesnar not eligible to compete at Summerslam. They of course could test him themselves, but even if passed it wouldn't matter, the NYSAC wouldn't clear him. So I'm thinking the one who is going to come out on the shitty end of the stick here is the WWE. It looks like they might have lost their biggest draw for Summerslam. Let's hope this was a false positive and everyone can get on with business. If not well the WWE may be screwed.

If the USADA bans Lesnar from competition, so will the NYSAC. New York, as does the other Athletic Commissions in the other 49 States and D.C. practice license reciprocity. In other words, if your license is suspended in one place, it is suspended EVERYWHERE unless the suspending state gives a waiver to allow that athlete to perform elsewhere. Nevada, to my knowledge, has never granted one. It has DENIED licensure for boxing on health reasons to lower level fighters that went on to fight elsewhere. Sometimes with horrifying results.

As for what is happening: If Lesnar is suspended by the USADA and Nevada, Lesnar is finished. He would have cost WWE and UFC MILLIONS. UFC and Dana White will probably blame WWE for Lesnar doping, and wipe out any deal that UFC had with WWE. That SummerSlam match with Randy Orton is toast. And, ANY WWE Superstar that wants to jump to UFC will see that door slammed shut and padlocked. The UFC will never trust another WWE athlete in their ranks. If someone like Lesnar can be doped up, why not Swagger? Del Rio? Hell, even Paige or Nia Jax?

If New York and Nevada really want to be humps about this in regards to the E, they could order random testing for EVERY contracted Superstar. All Superstars are to be present at ALL PPV events. So, the USADA, at the request of the NYSAC, could randomly test EVERY WWE Talent INCLUDING certain people in the back. That means Stephanie, Shane, Trips and VKM CAN be tested. So, if someone from the USADA arrives at the fortified mansion of one (fourth wall break) Mr. and Mrs. Paul Levesque at 5:15 in the morning (USADA and WADA requires a group of 60 minutes windows between 5 AM and 11 PM where they are locked in for those 60 minutes.) and asks, "Mr and Mrs. Levesque, I am from the USADA. This is your random testing. Fill up these cups to the line please." If Steph/Trips catch the stupid, and slam that door in their face, instantaneous 2 year suspension for a Positive result. Period. End of discussion. So, you could have a situation where New York State could wipe out a huge chunk of SummerSlam and Takeover over Postitive test results. Will it happen? I doubt it. But, with this Lesnar situation, I would not put it past them. But, in the case of Lesnar? He's cooked. And, VKM will probably never utilize him in a major role ever again.

Hunt was so right before the fight Lesner is nothing but a steroid abuser as he was saying "I am jacked up deal with it " You are jacked up on steroids jackass! I had so much respect for Lesner yet he badmouths Jon Jones was "unprofessional" for failing a drug test ahead of his big main event fight with Daniel Cormier on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena. USADA notified Jones of a potential anti-doping violation Wednesday and Jones was pulled by the UFC from the light heavyweight title fight. Why was Lesner not pulled from the fight as well . This is going to no doubt anger many UFC fighters like Jon Jones and he will retaliate the same words Lesner used on him and let's not forget Mark Hunt who kept insisting that Lesner should have been tested cause he was juiced to the grills he was 100% right! Hunt asked UFC officials for half of Lesnar's purse or else he would like to be released from his contract effective immediately. Hunt said the UFC has not yet responded to his request.

"The cheaters get a slap on the wrist and walk off," Hunt told MMA Fighting. "What penalty or deterrent is there to make them think twice? Nothing. Not only is Hunt taking jabs on Lesnar and UFC with Dana White but Roy Nelson ridicules Dana White for claiming Brock Lesnar was clean athlete. t still remains hazy whether or not WWE will discipline Lesnar at all. Typically, the pro-wrestling company has suspended fighters for failed drug tests, even if they were conducted by other organizations, in the past. But first-time violators of wwe's wellness policy are usually issued a 30-day suspension, which would still allow Lesnar to be at SummerSlam. If wwe is so incompetent, idiotic and ignorant to still allow Lesnar to compete at SS your buyrate of this ppv will bomb seeing how many fans have or will lose interest in Lesnar all together
He is a jacked up steroid user and wwe should conduct drug testing more often than t he 8-12 week period which gives patterns of wrestlers to use and abuse and stay clean when being tested when they are aware of their drug testing
This is a huge blow to UFC and wwe and I see the partnership breaking off and White is mad as hell not with Jones but with Crock Lesnar !

This could turn into Vince's worst nightmare and is the reason he never should have agreed to this in the first place.

If this is true, he has to give Brock at least the same 30-day suspension Reigns got just to be consistent. That puts him out of SummerSlam after making a huge deal about Lesnar vs. Randy Orton.

If Lesnar doesn't fight in UFC 200, he doesn't fail a drug test because he likely isn't using PED's for a non-real fight in WWE.

All the good press/publicity WWE got out of UFC 200 with Brock's win, the SummerSlam promo and all the other hype leading up to it goes out the window if Brock can't fight at SummerSlam and this is true.

Out of all the ones he did why didn't he fail ones even closer to the date? It doesn't make sense it wouldn't show up on the others if he failed one. I think Lesnar will get this sorted and it will turn out to be false.

Does anybody else get miffed at all the vague bullshit that's thrown around?

It's as if the USADA either doesn't know what in the Hell it's talking about, or it's holding onto the juicy details until a media outlet can bribe them into actually talking like human beings.

"I could potentially go to the store right now and buy some Crunch Berries and a gallon of milk", who in the fuck talks like this!? How in the fuck do you "potentially" fail a drug test!?

I know of a few people on here who -- like me -- have to take random drug screenings to justify our wages. If someone fails a drug test, there's no "potentially" about it. You had a banned substance in your system and you'd better lawyer up pronto.

If it turns out that the USADA was full of shit, then Brock should lawyer up and teach them not to initiate this kind of a media blitz.

It's as if the USADA either doesn't know what in the Hell it's talking about, or it's holding onto the juicy details until a media outlet can bribe them into actually talking like human beings.

"I could potentially go to the store right now and buy some Crunch Berries and a gallon of milk", who in the fuck talks like this!? How in the fuck do you "potentially" fail a drug test!?

I know of a few people on here who -- like me -- have to take random drug screenings to justify our wages. If someone fails a drug test, there's no "potentially" about it. You had a banned substance in your system and you'd better lawyer up pronto.

If it turns out that the USADA was full of shit, then Brock should lawyer up and teach them not to initiate this kind of a media blitz.

That's what has me wondering as well, how do you potentially fail a drug test? Either you do or you don't. If red flags where raised, then he should have been tested again right away and pulled from the fight before it even happened.

Also doesn't make sense that 11 days before a fight he tests positive for something and they continue to let it go on. I have no idea how long it takes for test results to come back, but in this case it appears it took almost a month. That's bullshit right there. And I agree unless they have concrete proof then they shouldn't be going out and saying stuff to the media. They will look like idiots if it turns out that they made a mistake.

All in all it looks bad for not only Lesnar but for the WWE.

Some seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions. Highly, HIGHLY doubt that he was caught using steroids considering he passed every test before getting flagged for the one we're currently discussing. If he were using, you can bet he wouldn't have started 2 weeks before his fight was supposed to take place. Has anybody actually seen the USADA's list of banned substances? It could be a substance in a type of food or drink, it could be taking too high a dosage of a supplementary pill, it could be a type of friggin cold medicine.

Point is, if he did indeed fail, it's probably not for steroids. It's probably for something really stupid like dietary pills.

As others have mentioned and as I also mentioned in my first post, the notion of a "potential" violation is what has me stymied. I thought something would either show up in your test samples or it wouldn't and it's now being reported by the Associated Press that they've received three letters from the USADA to Lesnar inform him that he'd passed three tests given to him just a few days prior to the sample he gave that's been flagged. If it was some type of PED, it's unlikely that there'd be any "potential" to the violation as such drugs would be identified and the reports seem to suggest that it's not believed to be any sort of illicit drugs like cocaine.

I suppose it's possible that it could be something new, something that was believed would be able to fool the tests, as there's always something different being cooked up, or at least attempted to be cooked up. Could be dietary supplements that contains something that caused a red flag though, again, if the reports are accurate, it's something that literally wasn't there one day but popped up the next. It could also be a false positive, which does happen sometimes. It's not looking so cut and dry.

The fact that he hadn't failed any other tests but the one 11 days before the fight says one of two things to me

1. He took something or ate something that had a banned substance in it one time, it was in his system and got the hit for it.

2. There was a false positive.

I believe they also test the week of the fight, which he obviously passed considering Jon Jones failed and he was pulled. Considering the only test he failed was 11 days before the fight, it really wasn't like he did something that REALLY helped him in that short amount of time.

I'm sure the WWE is hoping that this was a mistake on the USADA's part because it could mean disaster for Summerslam if they ban him from competing in NY.

It is 'potentially' because there has to be a full legal review for any failed test to make 100% sure it is what they tested and the test wasn't faulty, all those jims and jams. So to put it simply, he has failed but they have to go through this process to confirm it. He tested positive to the USADA test, but it doesn't mean the test wasn't faulty (or whatever the reason it could be to not count that test) for whatever reason to put it another way.

I am 99.9% confident that it will go from 'potentially' to 'has' as soon as all the processes are done, I'm just not sure what for.

Even a failed test means little to nothing to Brock the wrestler but would end any hope he had for another mma fight. Most people do not care if a wrestler is on juice. They always have been always will find a way to be.

Brock was even given a waiver to not be tested but took the tests anyway. I don't think he would be on steroids and then submit to sampling. Was the WWE testing Brock along with the other wrestlers? He may not have been wrestling but he was still under contract. I think the WWE testing is bogus looking at the bodies of Cena and Trips and Vince himself.

Guys, don't panic... there is a BIG reason this could be happening and it might not be anything to do with Brock.

Recently there have been a number of high profile cases of "failed tests" that have basically had to be let go or have led to VERY flimsy bans. In Tennis, Maria Sharapova was banned despite using a substance, medically cleared for ten years. Stopping it's use would have ended her career, arguably she made that decision to continue but it is at best a weak case on WADA's part, you know this when Nike DON'T end their sponsorship of her cos of the ban...normally they'd jump ship immediately.

In Football it's even worse, a UK second tier player was flagged for using an inhaler when he had an apparent first time astmha attack. The inhaler wasn't his but he was flagged as failing, despite there being a diagnosis very shortly after. He didn't get a ban, but was "severely reprimanded", while WADA pushed for a ban...

Then the curious case of Mamadou Sakho of my team Liverpool. He was "flagged" and provisionally suspeneded after an alleged failiure, which took him out of the two biggest games of the season and arguably cost us at least one trophy. It transpires he ASKED for the provisional 30 day suspension which then ended with no outcome seemingly, but he wasn't selected for France in their Euro 2016 squad because of it. Just last week, a full 2 months after the test, they finally cleared him and WADA didn't even show up to the hearing. It basically transpired that what he had used was not actually on the banned list, WADA felt it should be and wanted to retrospectively apply the ban. Sakho is now in the situation where he has a strong legal case to sue both WADA and Uefa, while WADA are almost obliged to appeal the decision, lest they look even more incompetent than they do.

This is an "easy win" for WADA on paper. if there is a steroid in there then their credibility is quickly "restored". If as I suspect, this is the same fat burner as Sakho may have used then it is a different kettle of fish as they may have only VERY recently updated their rules or be in the process of doing so. It smells to me like this is a WADA thing, they lost Sakho so they want SOMEONE... and Lesnar is an easy target as people will assume it's roid related and Vince will probably accept it to keep damage to his business to a minimum.

It could be a big mistake on WADA's part... as this opens up the whole "why are WWE guys tested" when their counterparts in Hollywood are not required to be. Brock, yes, he put his head above the parapet by going into UFC... but a Cena, Triple H, Neville, Rollins, all those guys who "could be juicing" have had injuries that would cover steroid use and ultimately they are actors... They're NOT in a competitive sport, and no one comments if Arnie/Sly/Dwayne juice for a movie role...

I've a feeling the B-sample will come back "clean" or "inconclusive", Brock will take his pay off and "retire" from UFC so he can tell WADA to stick their tests and WADA will end up with MORE egg on their face right before Rio... Vince will have to protect his brand if they don't and that could take WADA down roads they don't want to go down. Sakho may sue... Vince WILL sue... if Brock is pulled from a show cos of a BS flag. Mark Hunt thinks he is being clever but he really isn't, if it's found out Brock was clear after all, he can expect a nice little defamation suit as well.

Guys, don't panic... there is a BIG reason this could be happening and it might not be anything to do with Brock.

Recently there have been a number of high profile cases of "failed tests" that have basically had to be let go or have led to VERY flimsy bans. In Tennis, Maria Sharapova was banned despite using a substance, medically cleared for ten years. Stopping it's use would have ended her career, arguably she made that decision to continue but it is at best a weak case on WADA's part, you know this when Nike DON'T end their sponsorship of her cos of the ban...normally they'd jump ship immediately.

In Football it's even worse, a UK second tier player was flagged for using an inhaler when he had an apparent first time astmha attack. The inhaler wasn't his but he was flagged as failing, despite there being a diagnosis very shortly after. He didn't get a ban, but was "severely reprimanded", while WADA pushed for a ban...

Then the curious case of Mamadou Sakho of my team Liverpool. He was "flagged" and provisionally suspeneded after an alleged failiure, which took him out of the two biggest games of the season and arguably cost us at least one trophy. It transpires he ASKED for the provisional 30 day suspension which then ended with no outcome seemingly, but he wasn't selected for France in their Euro 2016 squad because of it. Just last week, a full 2 months after the test, they finally cleared him and WADA didn't even show up to the hearing. It basically transpired that what he had used was not actually on the banned list, WADA felt it should be and wanted to retrospectively apply the ban. Sakho is now in the situation where he has a strong legal case to sue both WADA and Uefa, while WADA are almost obliged to appeal the decision, lest they look even more incompetent than they do.

This is an "easy win" for WADA on paper. if there is a steroid in there then their credibility is quickly "restored". If as I suspect, this is the same fat burner as Sakho may have used then it is a different kettle of fish as they may have only VERY recently updated their rules or be in the process of doing so. It smells to me like this is a WADA thing, they lost Sakho so they want SOMEONE... and Lesnar is an easy target as people will assume it's roid related and Vince will probably accept it to keep damage to his business to a minimum.

It could be a big mistake on WADA's part... as this opens up the whole "why are WWE guys tested" when their counterparts in Hollywood are not required to be. Brock, yes, he put his head above the parapet by going into UFC... but a Cena, Triple H, Neville, Rollins, all those guys who "could be juicing" have had injuries that would cover steroid use and ultimately they are actors... They're NOT in a competitive sport, and no one comments if Arnie/Sly/Dwayne juice for a movie role....
In some States, Pro Wrestling is still treated as a legit sport. New York, Missouri, Kentucky, Nevada and Oregon are five that I know of right off the top of my head where Pro Wrestling is regulated by an Athletic Commission. As I mentioned in another post, if the NYSAC wanted to be humps about this, they could have WADA/USADA test the entire back. It is part of the clearance for licensing. If VKM tells his people to refuse testing, the NYSAC could theoretically, and possibly legally, put a stop to TakeOver AND SummerSlam being in Brooklyn. Yes, you do need to have a NYSAC license to wrestle in New York. No License? No perform. Wada/USADA suspends you? No perform. That simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back