• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breaking Point - WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena in an "I Quit" Match

HeartWong

Dark Match Jobber

Less than 24 hours after Randy Orton squeezed out a victory in Los Angeles at SummerSlam, WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon announced that the WWE Champion would again defend his title against John Cena at WWE Breaking Point, except this time in an “I Quit” Match.

Who will be the one uttering the dreaded words “I Quit”? The only way to find out is by tuning into WWE Breaking Point emanating from the Bell Centre in Montreal on Sunday, Sept. 13, live on pay-per-view.
I believe Cena wil go against all odds and take the title here.. :eek:
What do you all think? :eek:

I think WWE needs to keep the belt on Orton as long as possible, and this match doesn't give me a good feeling about this happening. First off, how is Orton supposed to make Cena submit, let alone make him say "I Quit?" Cena is friggin Superman, in that he doesn't sell fatigue and it takes two or more finishing manuevers to beat him. I like the theme of Breaking Point, but the participants of this match don't fit together under this stipulation. Cena can wrestle a submission style match, but Orton is not accomplished in this field AT ALL. I think Orton somehow sqeaks out with a victory, but I really can't see how. Sorry if that makes no sense, but I don't have a finish to this match anywhere in my mind.

obviously cena will win cuz he has the STF while orton doesnt have a submission move (& also because does anyone actually think cena will say "I Quit" in front of all the kiddies) & also IMO orton-hhh have 1 more match in em at the hell in a cell ppv since their feud really didnt come to an end (theyve wrestled in every other match why not end this stale feud for good with HIAC) & if orton walks in at the HIAC ppv as champ then itll be pretty obvious who wins that match but if its just a 1 on 1 match then orton may have a shot at going over (i do realize this is HHH i am talking about lol)

Cena's never said I Quit. I'd love to hear him say it. I don't hate Cena by any means. I respect and like the man greatly, but i'd rather him not have the title. I can't see Orton utilizing a submission, unless it's a headlock.. Has Cena even tapped? Like.. at all? I'm talking WWE Champion Cena, to present day. I think it'll be entertaining but of course there's gonna be a million people complaining about how their tired of seeing Cena vs Orton. I wanna see Orton go over with some badass submission, or just beat the dogpiss out of Cena.

I can see Cena take the title here. my reasoning for that is because i don't think cena has every tapped or said i quit in his wwe career. Also cena can wrestle a submission match because he has the STF and other submissions. While orten doesn't use submissions much so im not sure how they could pull orten keeping the title.

I DO NOT want Cena to win this, but more than likely he will because John Cena has always won "I Quit" matches and we have the children to think about.....but of course this could be the Breaking Point with Orton that could make him an even bigger star. Cena has the STFU (which for some reason hasn't been renamed like the wincing "Attitude Adjustment" has), Orton could have a submission move in him we haven't seen before. Hey, it could happen, and I predict it will. Look at Taker, been in the business since the Golden Years, and he pulled out an AMAZING submission hold out of nowhere just a few years ago.

(For those who don't know, it's Hell's Gate look it up on Youtube similar to a Triangle Choke.)

i hope orton nails cena with a chair like 20 times and they have a fake voice come on the mic n scream "I QUIT" a buncha times... did anyone think mankind was actually gonna quit???

I fully expect John Cena to win here for the simple fact that I just don't see him saying "I quit." Maybe a Dibiase heel turn?

On another note, is anybody else irked that Breaking Point is being called WWE Breaking Point all over the website, and all the other PPV's don't have the WWE before it? I'll probably take heat for this, but I think I have really bad OCD, so it bugs me haha.

I completely agree in saying the John Cena will win this bout. It isn't due to Randy Orton's lack of submission knowledge - I'm sure he could talk to someone that could teach him something badass and unique. It's due to the stipulation, an "I Quit" match.

John Cena has never tapped out. John Cena has never uttered the words "I" and "quit" in immediate succession in a match where those words mean the opposition has just won the match. And now, in this PG Era, the children's hero who goes by the name of John Cena will NOT break his streak of never quitting and never tapping.

Unfortunate, yes, but true.

I like the idea of Orton winning with some type of scheme, like at the '99 Royal Rumble where the Rock recorded Foley saying "I Quit!" and played it over the loud speaker. I don't really see it happening, but that's what I'd love to see. Something that can really take Orton up a notch as the top heel, and still keep Cena's credibility as a heel. I want to see Orton with the belt for a long time, I hate when the belt switches back and forth a lot.

I think the WWE is doing a good job of building up Orton as a legitimate WWE Champion, despite him achieving this by unfavourable means; regardless, however he retains, the fact of the matter is that he still retains, and that's what matters.

Randy Orton will win for two reasons: one, this is no longer a submission match but an I Quit match, and by doing something ruthless like holding Cena's father at bay (ala Mick Foley/Melina), Orton can be put over without making Cena look weak. Two, because the next PPV after this is Hell in a Cell, and the WWE wouldn't pass up the opportunity to finish the HHH/Orton saga inside one of those baby's.

i hope to hell orton pulls of an awesome submission hold that'll wipe the floor with cena's stfu..

i always had an idea for a submission hold (don't call me names if it exists lol)
since randy is the viper, he could pull off a version of the dragon sleeper where he applies the hold, jumps and wraps his legs around cena, falls to the mat (with cena's back of the head crashing to the mat) then applies more pressure to the hold.
(sorta like a snake wrapping itself around it's prey and squeezing the life out of it)

thus leaving cena to say i quit, makes orton look deadly, shocks the audience and leaves cena with a boo-boo on his noggin :)

I cant stand to see this match one more time. i dont care wut stipulation, back in tha day a feud could run forever an wrestling has changed sense back in the day but y r they keepin with these fueds that dont mean nothing or go anywherre. cena and orton is tha future of the buss. but there fued isnt right now.

i`d love to see cena say i quit,but it`s not happening.when they came to summerslam i was sure cena was gonna get a crappy victory.now,he gets a rematch and will win with the stf.it has always been like that.on the first ppv the heel wins,on the second the face and the rivalry ends(in this case for 2 months)

Orton HAS to go over here, his title reign has been complete shit so far! has he even won a match without cheating or a fluke win? Its Randy Fucking Orton! hes one of the best to ever step into the ring! so wwe needs to let him be the best that he can be. so what if he is a heel, at least let him look good sometimes! So i think in the i quit match Orton needs to pull a devastating submission move out of nowhere forcing cena to tap. So what if hes never tapped before, Hogan did it, HBK did it, HHH did it, Taker did it! so cena can do it, and for once make Randy Orton look good, and end this feud so Orton can start facing younger talent that deserve to at least have title matches like MVP and Swagger

Orton needs to beat the shit out of Cena with weapons which he will do but Vince will never make Superman quit, thus letting Cena hold the strap. Orton needs to hold the belt longer than this. Hopefully they think of something to have Cena lose and end this fued...

i think Orton will have some sort of submission hold (maybe Million Dollar Dream) sleeper hold, cena will be unconsious(but not quit) and orton will retain the belt.

I don't think Randy's reign has been bad due to him. I think WWE has struggled with whether they want to bill him as a calculated badass or coward. Both work for him but not at the same time as we've seen in the past.

As for Breaking Point, I don't see how Cena loses but here are scenarios where Orton can win. First John Cena Sr can reappear in the storyline but it'll be obvious at this point. Have Legacy beat him up and threaten to throw him off the set or something ridiculous where a conflicted Cena is forced to quit to save his dad only to have his dad tossed anyway or something to that effect.

#2: Wrestlemania 13 style-have a beaten Cena refuse to quit but pass out to the pain. It puts over both men. I like John Cena but my only knock on him is that I don't think that functions well outside of the title picture. An Orton win here ends their feud, right? The odds are stacked against Orton which leads me to believe that he is actually going to win.

the STFU has nothing todo with a IQ match, its gunna b a match for cena 2 top his IQ match with JBL.
Its just gunna be a big beat down with big heavy(lookin) wepons

kingceasar30420 said:
I cant stand to see this match one more time.

I no, rite? Two of the biggest stars in the WWE facing each other for the title? How stupid.

i dont care wut stipulation, back in tha day a feud could run forever an wrestling has changed sense back in the day but y r they keepin with these fueds that dont mean nothing or go anywherre.

I think I deciphered that, are you angry that their feud is going on for too long? They've only been feuding for like 1 month and you are complaining about it.

cena and orton is tha future of the buss. but there fued isnt right now.

Why not, they are the two biggest stars on Raw at the moment.

The Viper said:
Orton HAS to go over here,

Please explain.

his title reign has been complete shit so far!

Since his title reign has been shit, we should make it longer? Of course.

has he even won a match without cheating or a fluke win?

I don't think so. He is a heel and therefore a cheater, but he probably should've had a somewhat legit title win. O well.

Its Randy Fucking Orton! hes one of the best to ever step into the ring!

I disagree.

so wwe needs to let him be the best that he can be.

He has had the title for pretty much the whole year, he's been given a pretty decent oppurtunity.

So i think in the i quit match Orton needs to pull a devastating submission move out of nowhere forcing cena to tap. So what if hes never tapped before, Hogan did it, HBK did it, HHH did it, Taker did it!

It's part of the Cena character, he would never tap or quit because the title means so much to him. And I don't think Orton is going to invent a devasting finishing move in 3 weeks.

so cena can do it, and for once make Randy Orton look good,

Right, because Cena has never made Orton look good.

and end this feud so Orton can start facing younger talent that deserve to at least have title matches

Becasue Cena doesn't deserve a title match? Riiiiiiiight.

like MVP and Swagger

The shouldn't be anywhere near the world title yet.

The more I think about this match, the more I think what is the most credible way of ending the match for either Orton or Cena. I Quit Matches have only been done about 11 times before (to my knowledge), this is the forth one to involved the title in it. As we know we had the famous Mankind "screwjob", JBL against Cena and interestingly, the other one was Rock vs. Triple H, the latter of which said "I Quit" (it was the night after Rumble 99).

The problem is, where Mankind got screwed, it was the only acceptable way of the match ending with neither Mankind or The Rock losing momentum. JBL is a guy who would give in and Triple H wasn't main event material when his match with Rock occured.

Problem is, Orton and Cena are the best in the WWE and both are going to lose serious momentum if either does a legitimate quit and WWE needs the momentum to continue to HIAC because there's where the feud will most likely come to an end. The way I see it is that Cena gets screwed again, given Orton has the odds against him, especially the stupidity that interference in a "No DQ" match means automatic loss of the title here. Neither's going to legitmately quit and we'll see this feud end in a Cell.

On another note, is anybody else irked that Breaking Point is being called WWE Breaking Point all over the website, and all the other PPV's don't have the WWE before it? I'll probably take heat for this, but I think I have really bad OCD, so it bugs me haha.

Reason being is because there's already a band out there called Breaking Point which RVD's theme song. It has to be WWE Breaking Point otherwise there's copyright/legal issues.

This will be a very interesting match. As Phoenix said both of these superstars will lose serious momentum if either one of them say those two devastating words, I Quit. I believe Cena would win for 2 reasons. Cena is the WWE's poster boy, and is loved by many of young kids. It is in Cena's nature never to give up on a match, and he will never say I Quit. He has to much passion to get the WWE title around his waist.
The second reason is because Orton has never won a PPV match without cheating, or some bizarre twist like at SummerSlam. Vince made a stipulation if someone intervenes on Orton's behalf, or counted out he will be stripped of the title. I don't believe Vince said anything about Cena. So to get there feud going again I believe Triple H, along with his D-x buddy will cost Orton the title, causing a feud ending Hell in a Cell PPV match. I don't believe anyone has ever said this, but think about it. I think the only way this feud can end is by having it be a Non-Title match. Think about it. Here is two scenarios. If Orton has the belt and it is defended at HIAC, and he wins Triple H will continue to keep trying for the WWE Title. This goes the same for Orton of he loses. So that I believe is what will happen for the Breaking Point Match between Orton-Cena, and leading up to ending the feud of Triple H-Orton at HIAC.

Please, if you read this let me know what you think.

This could be a very good match. It could also be absolutely terrible. That usually seems to be the case when these two lock up, which we admittedly have seen far too many times already. I'm not a huge fan of Cena, and Orton has become pretty stale as of late, but put these two in an I Quit match and let them have a hardcore street fight kind of brawl, and we could have something special. If they try to keep this with the theme of this PPV being "submission" themed and have them throwing rest holds on each other...well then I'm likely going to be pissed.

This could be a good match but I'm not too crazy about the "I Quit" stipulation. I don't see Cena quitting and if he supposedly does it would be like a Rock/Foley situation. Orton had a great chance before Summerslam to keep the title but I see him losing at Breaking Point. It would have been interesting if it was a submission match to see what kind Orton will pull out.

Ever since I saw John Cena win that "Beat the Clock" challenge to become the #1 contender for the WWE Championship, I assumed that I knew what would follow. Cena challenges Randy Orton for the WWE Championship at Summerslam, and barely loses. Then he gets a rematch at Breaking Point and wins the title. I assume that is the plan.

However, I believe that Randy Orton should really hold on to the title for longer. If Orton didn't lose the title to Batista at Extreme Rules, I wouldn't mind seeing him lose the gold at Breaking Point, as he would be champ for about 4.5 months, but that's not the case. Randy Orton has already had a very impressive reign as champion with two wins each against Cena and HHH, but he continues to get help, when he doesn't need it.

This stipulation that if Orton has anyone interfere on his behalf, he will immediately be stripped of the title should pump him up. However, WWE is trying to make Orton seem weak by having him lose at Breaking Point, when no one interferes to help him win.

Prediction: John Cena wins the WWE Championship.

Reactions: gd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back