Breaking Point - WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. John Cena in an "I Quit" Match

Are I Quit matches not met to be in the way of I Quit the company, as in they are done? Otherwise i dont get the diff between this and a submission match, except instead of tapping out you have to say i quit. and thats just stupid. and if thats the case Randy will lose because WWE would never let Cena say i quit, sadly.

First off, Im not tired of these two feuding at all bacause they have only been feuding for a month and it was a while ago that they feuded before this.

All signs point towards cena winning the title here. But is that good/bad for him. We all know Cena WONT say the words I quit in the regular context of the match. SO thig leaves us with three ways of Orton winning which were alreayd mentioned.

1- Cena passes out (most possible IMO)
2- Legacy holds someone Cena love at bay forcing him to quit. (Eh, probably not)
3- Microphone taping says I quit instead of Cena (Highly doubt it)

I doubt options 2 or 3 will happen, because they have happened already and i think I quit matches will start to lose their credibility if this is a frequent occurence.

I personally hope to see Orton win here so he can finally look great, but im expecting Cena to win. I wish Orton had a longer title reign but at this point I'm just glad he figured out a way to get past cena at summerslam.

The reason i dont think theyll make Cena pass out is because if they wanted to make orton look badass they woulda let him punt batistas head right off his shoulders at extreme rules and beat him clean when they had the chance...

This def doesn't look good for Orton as John "Superman" Cena will get the win here. Orton will for sure give up and say "I Quit". This isn't how I wanted Orton's reign to end. Unless by some miracle Orton makes Cena look very weak, Cena is going to walk out WWE Champion.

First off, I thought all the Breaking Point matches would be submission matches? An I Quit match isn't necessarily a submission match, as you can make your opponent quit by beating the crap out of him with fist or weapons. Just seemed odd that they'd announce an all-submission match ppv and have one of the main events not be one.

Anyway, this is not looking good for Orton at all. The I Quit match is to Cena what TLC is to Edge; he owns this match. Since becoming a main-eventer, the only time I recall Cena submitting in any way was when Eric Bischoff forced Cena to tap to the ankle lock by grabbing his hand and making him tap.

If Cena doesn't win, he won't lose by saying "I Quit". They'll either go the Austin/Hart route and have him pass out to Orton's submission, so that he'll lose but won't actually quit (or Orton will knock him out with a weapon or something. Same effect). Or they can just have Orton walk out of the match when he starts losing.

As much as I want Orton to win, I have to go with Cena on this one. He'll win and go on to defend the belt against a pissed-off Orton at Hell in a Cell.

Before you all say anything, I like to remind everyone here that the WWE like to have swerves.

I highly doubt Cena'll get the title, because he's had way too many chances and it seems that the WWE doesn't want Cena to get the title right this moment.

It's also highly improbable that Cena will tap or say I quit. Since when do a promotion let their top face utter those words?

I also don't see a good old-fashioned heel defeat, because this is the WWE we're talking about.

This match almost seems like it's doomed for some kind of interruption, some kind of maybe even a screw job in order for Orton to retain. Maybe they'll have Vince turn on Cena and ally himself with Orton here.

Maybe Orton will systematically take out the referee one by one and squeak out a victory amongst all the confusion.

Forget calling Randy Orton a "viper", "the legend killer", or "ted and cody's lovedoll"...It's about time we call him the "King Of The I Quit Match". He's been in how many this year? 20? 30? Seriously, do we need another one? This "gimmick" has been done to death. The point of these matches is to be the blow-off to a feud, not a small part of it, and it's getting really annoying.

As far as the match, I'll go with whoever lost the last one these two had. I don't remember who it was, and don't care to look it up. I saw they wanted Batista v Cena at WrestleMania, and they're running out of places for Cena to grab the belt if they're going to build a feud, and turn one of them heel.

By the looks of it im the only one tht sees a swerve coming on here. As much as people are saying you dont see Cena saying "I Quit", which btw i agree, i cant actually see Orton saying it either.

I dont know how, but i think WWE are going to swerve this and keep Orton on the title, then at Hell In A Cell it will be Legacy Vs Dx With Cena. Whoever gits the pin for Legacy keeps the title with Orton, Whoever in Dx/Cena gets it gets the title.

I dno but as ive said i really dont see Cena winning the title, theres just a urge about me thats pointing to a WWE swerve coming .........

By the looks of it im the only one tht sees a swerve coming on here. As much as people are saying you dont see Cena saying "I Quit", which btw i agree, i cant actually see Orton saying it either.

I dont know how, but i think WWE are going to swerve this and keep Orton on the title, then at Hell In A Cell it will be Legacy Vs Dx With Cena. Whoever gits the pin for Legacy keeps the title with Orton, Whoever in Dx/Cena gets it gets the title.

I dno but as ive said i really dont see Cena winning the title, theres just a urge about me thats pointing to a WWE swerve coming .........

Wouldn't it be too fast to pair Shawn michaels against Hunter after they reunited as a tag team?

But it'll be fun to see a all 6 in hell in a cell and maybe see triple h vs Cena 3 some where down the line.

Forget calling Randy Orton a "viper", "the legend killer", or "ted and cody's lovedoll"...It's about time we call him the "King Of The I Quit Match". He's been in how many this year? 20? 30? Seriously, do we need another one? This "gimmick" has been done to death. The point of these matches is to be the blow-off to a feud, not a small part of it, and it's getting really annoying.

NSL, you got the "I Quit" Match mixed with the Last Man Standing match. The last "I Quit" match was Cena vs. JBL in 2005. This match type has only been done like about 10 times since first coming after the early half of the 1990s.

I do agree that the timing of this match is not right when it is a feud ender, although actually the Mankind/Rock feud ended a month later after this one. If it's done right, it can work in a Cell. But it's more of not having Cena or Orton drop momentum, so it has to be a likely screwjob on Cena for it to cap off in a Cell, where I think Cena getting the title is likely, having Orton keep the title will help give the Cell an extra effect.

But who knows, the other question is, will McMahon have an involvement in it?

That's why I think breaking point is a shitty PPV concept. It makes matches so predictable. Really who does really think Cena would say I quit ? It's is character someone who never gives up and backs down from a fight. If he taps out what will he have got left ? As for the Orton making a scheme like The Rock did to Mankind I don't think it would work for Orton's character but who cares WWE keeps on booking Orton someone who is a coward and always getting pinfalls by his henchman's help instead of booking a psycho,emotionless and crazy Orton that was before WM 25. By Vince's ruling Orton can't get himself dq'd or counted out so I really doubt how can Orton retain his title.

This is an easy one for me I think. It's an I quit match. There is no way they are going to have Cena and his never quit gimmick lose an I quit match. Orton has had his run, Cena hasn't had the belt since Backlash. I see Cena winning this one.

I think @ Breaking Point Cena will lose ala the way Mankind lost to The Rock in their "I Quit! Match". Anybody else but me notice how many times Cena said "I WILL NOT QUIT!!" It shades from the Mankind-The Rock feud where Mankind said the exact same words about the exact same times Cena did so I I think will C A screwjob once again I Montreal IMO Cena will lose nuff said. Unless they decide to add Carlito to the mix.

As for who is going to win in this match, I'm afraid I'll have to suspend judgment until I see the episode of Raw immediately preceding the PPV. This doesn't happen all the time, but in my experience, the one who will win at the PPV usually gets the worst of a bad beat down in the episode of their respective wrestling show immediately before.

However, I've got high hopes for this match. I'm really looking forward to it and I think it's going to be great just because of how long they've had to prepare for it. I don't know how many have heard the interviews I have with Randy Orton, but according to the one I've listened to (on the Wrestlecast Podcast in case anyone wants me to site my source) Randy Orton spoke of how, in the last Feud, it was all going to culminate into an epic "I Quit" match, but John Cena was injured before it could happen (not the neck injury, the one immediately before that) and before they could pick it up with Cena's return, Orton was injured. So this match has been a long time in the making. I hope all that extra time to prepare pays off.

I hope it doesn't happen this way but with rumours going that legacy will split or start to split at survivor series and the stipulation that if anyone interferes on behalf of orton he loses the title. Maybe Legacy will take it upon themselves to attack orton so he can retain but orton hates them for it causing more and more tension, thus the need for a HIAC.

What can I say here? The smartest move that the WWE could have done for the entire card concerning the match type. If this was just a normal submissions match then everyone would realise that Randy Orton cannot go against Cena as he has no known move that is a formidable submission move. John Cena has adopted the STF & is now a threat to anyone who gets locked into it. What does Orton have? The headlock used for a rest point in the match? I don't think so...

This match allows Orton to still use his whole arsenal, as well as resorting to his cunning ways by utilising weapons & other things normally deemed illegal. Orton does not need to be able to learn a submission move for the match & can still perfect his role as the Viper. It makes the match more believable for the fans as to them being confused & split down the middle as to who coule walk out the match as the WWE Champion. It will be interesting how John Cena will act in the situation by possibly unleashing his darker side for the match as he will need something more than the STF to finish this match.

For me, this will be an interesting match as the stipulation is different from the normal submission standard. Other than that, it is up to Orton & Cena to help buy me into the match during the actual match. I hope that they did not add the "I Quit" stipulation to recreate a similar skewed ending like the SummerSlam PPV featured.

Bloody cena will win, i hate this, Randys only had the belt for a few months and im a huge Orton fan cause simply hes good at what he does but now his career will probably go downhill after breaking point as legacy is in all sorts of mess.

Whats Orton going to do after Breaking Point, His rematch cause in which he will lose as Cena will have the belt for the next 2 years probably as hes the superman of the business. Its absolute crap, Orton is a main eventer but after he loses the title what belt next for him??

They will obviously give a new heel a shot at the title probably but who?? Cody Rhodes?? pfft not ready yet, Ted is turning face, Jack Swagger could be the next best tip but what im worried about is what does this mean for Orton when hes out of the picture?? What...fight the likes of MVP, Henry, Evan Bourne, Primo, pfft what a joke that would be.

What are your opinions on Orton after Breaking Point, How will they use him??

Also just out of curiosity, does Orton have any experience at all in ''I QUIT MATCHES''

Orton has no experience in these matches and Cena in known well for not quitting, so this match is all Cena guys. Sorry but there will be no swerve here. This is a done topic. We all know Cena won't tap and after a brutal and ugly match, Orton will quit and Cena will become WWE Champion once more.

Cena will get punted and be unable to compete anymore,causing an ending to the match.There you go.Cena doesn't say "I Quit",Orton retains,and we can finally end the fucking Orton-HHH feud while Cena is "injured" at Hell in a Cell.Watch it happen.

Has there ever been a more predictable pay per view WWE Title match ?

The only way Orton wins is if the powers at be (writers) book Orton punting Cena and thus being unable to compete.

The Punt is the only way Orton wins here but it's moot Cena will win the WWE Title on sunday.

I see a swerve ala Mankind/Rock coming up. I see Orton and Legacy beating Cena into unconsciousness, then when he is out, Orton will have DiBiase or Rhodes play a recording or Cena saying "I Quit", which of course will be from when he was actually saying "I will never say I Quit". That's what I see happening, because they won't have Cena actually quit and I believe they want Orton to have the title a while longer, so that would be the scenario I would go with. It worked once and we know the WWE loves to recycle things.

I think there will be a swerve, it's in Montreal, I guess they will make this a screwjob. I agree they could pull it off with the whole "I Quit" tape from John Cena, it would work perfectly.

It would also lead to another feud between Legacy and Cena, that would do wonders for both of them, Orton would go against Triple H at Hell in a Cell, and finish the feud between both of them, maybe turning heel after it, just to feud with HBK until Wrestlemania.

Why the hell would they pull of an "I Quit" match? They could have made it any match they wanted, I Quit doesn't scream "Submissions Only PPV", so this leaves me with the theory of the screwjob, it will happen tonight, I just don't know in which match...

I'm going for Orton to win, just because I think they'll have Cena win at the HIAC PPV, because it's a bigger stage.

Saying that, I hope they don't face eachother at HIAC because they need to freshen up the main event scene. It's getting stale with the same people, even though that's been said many times now.

God...having all main events at Breaking Point submission matches was bad enough, even if it was just a normal submission match Cena would have the advantage, especially now he is like superman. I want Randy Orton to win because he deserves a good title reign. But unless, like Matt Fox mentioned above, WWE makes Legacy play a tape of Cena saying "I quit" from one of his promos then Cena is sure to win. It'd be stupid if they make Cena actually say "I quit" from his own mouth. It's simply not in his character to say it.

Cena Wins! WOW! Hurray! Well.... No if there is a way to make Orton look like a weak ass champion the WWE does it. If Ted and Cody don't get involved he doesn't win. He looks weak in every match hes in. So rather than put Randy over Cena they do the opposite and in the process make him look rather worthless as a champion. Trade him to smackdown or something. I really can't stand another Cena-Orton match. Orton needs something new to do.

Are you crazy? Orton essentially squashed Cena the whole match. It just reinforced Randy's entire character. He's a psycho who can dish out brutal punishment, but can't take it, at all. THis was a really well done match that didn't follow your stereotypical match format. Great job from both guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back