• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book This! - General Discussion

I think by stating my opinion on the ending, I would spoil it. :lol:

However, as soon as the show ended, I watched Breaking Bad. Then I couldn't help but want to write. I'm not up to my Summerslam, yet so I couldn't write full matches, but man did I want to mirror some of the shit I saw. Punk/Lesnar, ADR/Christian and Cena/DB. Just three excellent matches. All I wanted to do was write. That show lived up to it's potential and RAW should be insane tonight. Can't wait.

What did we think of Summerslam folks? Is that how you would have booked the ending?

The ending was what it should have been. Could you call it a predictable end? Sure. But what you have now is Bryan vs. World and if similar angles have anything to say about it? It will do everything keeping the title on him would have and more. The ending doesn't take away from the fact that DB beat Cena clean (and with a knee to the head for that matter) like so many have seemed to think or that he was champion for however long but will make the crowd get behind him even more and not to mention make him winning the title back even more incredible than it already was. And with that you get a heel Orton which everyone has been waiting for and hopefully an end to all the HHH vs. McMahon stuff that has been taking hold of the programming as of late. So yes, it was how I would have booked it. How the next few weeks pan out? Now that is unpredictable.
My problem with Summerslam for once isn't the upper card with what were high quality and consistent matches. My problems come though with the lower card. The results weren't the problem (a lot of the time) but instead how they got to the result. Things like Big Show and Henry interrupting the Ambrose/RVD match only to do absolutely nothing to try and stop Rollins and Reigns to the Wyatt Family still interfering and with a fire blanket of all things. Did Wyatt have to win? Yes. But should he have won like that? I don't think so and I do think it hurt him and his match in the long run. The only positive being that it looks like whenever Kane returns from his movie that he may actually become a member of the family which is what I have been calling for and predicting forever. Obviously I can't complain much considering I can't even remember the last PPV with such a good upper card but it still wasn't a perfect PPV in my mind and there are still things I'd change in the long run.

I really really liked it. Without spoiling, the matches were great for what they were suppose to be and the show ended leaving the viewer with questions like all great shows should do. I am so excited for Raw tonight. Wyatt/Kane had a classic fire match, no fire matches are ever great they always are just stall and careful, with how much safety issues there are its hard to make the match good.

I thought all the matches were really exciting and I was entertained through the whole show, this is the first PPV I bought in like three years and it was well worth the money.

Wyatt/Kane had a classic fire match, no fire matches are ever great they always are just stall and careful, with how much safety issues there are its hard to make the match good.

Are fire matches always treated with caution? Of course. The danger is as obvious as they come. But to call their match a classic just because they were surrounded by fire doesn't make sense. If anyone can recover from it it's Bray and he isn't the first wrestler to have a disappointing debut (Edge and Christian for starters) but that is all it was. At the end of the day Bray looked weak and having the rest of his family interfere was a large part of that. Maybe I was expecting too much of him but how can you not after all that he had done leading up to it? There will always be worse matches but you can't judge it simply on the stipulation. What about all the inferno matches that have easily exceeded it?

I agree, but have been attacked because I shitted on Wyatt's performance. I love the character and the entrance, but I thought the match was awkward and it sucked ass.

I will say this after seeing Wyatt in the ring again. He seems really out of place on the main roster. I don't know if its he nervous or what, but he isn't wrestling at all like he does on NXT. His wrestling style is meant to be something unique and something unorthodox, but it almost seems that he barely knows what he is doing. Then tonight he was always having to pull up his pants.

What did we think of Summerslam folks? Is that how you would have booked the ending?

DON'T SPOIL IT!

Loved it, but

I think having Triple H as Special Guest referee was too much of a giveaway that something was going to happen. I'd have left the match on it's own with a normal ref. Then have Bryan win like he did and celebrate for a bit. Vince McMahon's music hits and he and Orton walk to the ring with evil grins on their face. They get in the ring and confront Bryan but before anything happens Triple H's music hits. Triple H rushes to the ring and everyone thinks he's saved the day. Then I'd have Triple H argue with Vince and turn to Bryan, looking as if he's out to protect him, BAM!! Pedigree! Triple H and Vince smirk at each other. Triple H tells them to ring the bell and Orton pins Bryan. Then have Triple H, Vince and Orton shake hands and end the show standing, united in the ring with their hands, and title, in the air.

I agree, but have been attacked because I shitted on Wyatt's performance. I love the character and the entrance, but I thought the match was awkward and it sucked ass.

Agree completely, biggest let down of the night for me. The idea was cool but he maybe needed establishing in the ring first before a match like that. It looked awkward and clumsy to me - and the fire leaping up every time anybody hit the mat looked strange to me too.

Loved it, but

I think having Triple H as Special Guest referee was too much of a giveaway that something was going to happen. I'd have left the match on it's own with a normal ref. Then have Bryan win like he did and celebrate for a bit. Vince McMahon's music hits and he and Orton walk to the ring with evil grins on their face. They get in the ring and confront Bryan but before anything happens Triple H's music hits. Triple H rushes to the ring and everyone thinks he's saved the day. Then I'd have Triple H argue with Vince and turn to Bryan, looking as if he's out to protect him, BAM!! Pedigree! Triple H and Vince smirk at each other. Triple H tells them to ring the bell and Orton pins Bryan. Then have Triple H, Vince and Orton shake hands and end the show standing, united in the ring with their hands, and title, in the air.

I sort of agree with this but:

I think they threw enough false endings in there to fool the viewer into thinking it wasn't going to happen. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen but the confetti, the close up of DB thanking his parents, the turning back of Orton - it all kinda made me think that it wasn't going to happen. Until about five seconds before HHH grabbed Bryan, it wasn't obvious it was definitely going to happen.

RAW last night was well done as well. That RKO was brilliant!

How bout a it of discussion...What woulu say has been your worst, most embarrasing booking decision in your career?

Mine would be...letting MVP old the title for 8 months in a fantasy booker I had done just or my own pleasure. S'pose it could have been worse, if it was public lol! But I dunno why I had him as champ for so long, I let him go over big faces clean, cause I was a mega mark for him haha! Wish I could dig out that old notebook and have a few laughs at myself :)

How bout a it of discussion...What woulu say has been your worst, most embarrasing booking decision in your career?

Mine would be...letting MVP old the title for 8 months in a fantasy booker I had done just or my own pleasure. S'pose it could have been worse, if it was public lol! But I dunno why I had him as champ for so long, I let him go over big faces clean, cause I was a mega mark for him haha! Wish I could dig out that old notebook and have a few laughs at myself :)

Hey! MVP was amazing lol. I actually liked the character. I loved his VIP lounge segments he did.

I like going through my diary's seeing some of the ideas that I wrote down that I am still trying to figure out what I was thinking. One that I remember the most was in 2005, I gave every championship including the women's championship to Edge.

Hey! MVP was amazing lol. I actually liked the character. I loved his VIP lounge segments he did.

I like going through my diary's seeing some of the ideas that I wrote down that I am still trying to figure out what I was thinking. One that I remember the most was in 2005, I gave every championship including the women's championship to Edge.

Well with his hairstyle and what not, I can see the confusion.

In GCB's WWE: Bringing RVD back with great fanfare - and then forgetting I had brought him back for two months of the show. Oooops.

When I realised I'd forgotten him, I came up with a plan for him though. I started him off on a losing streak in the last couple of TV shows I did. The plan was for that losing streak to roll through to King of the Ring where he'd make the Semi Finals. And then a mid-card championship, would have been the US Championship.

In the first Youtube Road to WrestleMania series I did, Carlito won the WWE Championship in December and was one of the main events at WrestleMania 26 when he defended the title against Shawn Michaels. That was the one match that stuck out like WTF? Carlito had nice build and decent feuds with HBK and Cena before getting the belt, and I love Carlito.. but if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't.

My worst booking decision ever was when my buddy and I just wrote for the fuck of it on youtube and facebook. I gave John Morrison the world title without much of a build to it at Wrestlemania. I mean he was built up into a main eventer properly but he won the title in a triple cage match featuring 4 other guys instead of a normal match.

In the first Youtube Road to WrestleMania series I did, Carlito won the WWE Championship in December and was one of the main events at WrestleMania 26 when he defended the title against Shawn Michaels. That was the one match that stuck out like WTF? Carlito had nice build and decent feuds with HBK and Cena before getting the belt, and I love Carlito.. but if I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't.

Did you know if you search wrestlezone forums on youtube (I was bored a few nights ago) that the top video is about your first Book This? The invasion one. They even mention that they were doing the project with NotoriousMEAT even though it wasn't your username at the time.

Did you know if you search wrestlezone forums on youtube (I was bored a few nights ago) that the top video is about your first Book This? The invasion one. They even mention that they were doing the project with NotoriousMEAT even though it wasn't your username at the time.

Yeah, my Brand Extension one with The Cult. That guy was gonna make all our PPV cards in pro style video form. But Cult dropped out, I asked him to remake it, and I guess it pissed him off. So if you watch that vid, you'll see what our plans for Backlash was.

Yeah, my Brand Extension one with The Cult. That guy was gonna make all our PPV cards in pro style video form. But Cult dropped out, I asked him to remake it, and I guess it pissed him off. So if you watch that vid, you'll see what our plans for Backlash was.

Ah I see. I was wondering if it was Cult or the other guy who joined on after him. If I still knew the password to my friends onetruemedia account i'd offer to make some videos for our PPV's but I lost the password to it a long time ago along with the email address.

Maybe i'll make a new account there, though i'm useless when it comes to making actual videos.

Not sure what my worse booking move would be. Considering my biggest success was my BT with Peep, I actually enjoyed mostly everything I did. Taking the easy way out, making McGillicutty the host of NXT was an odd choice and pretty unpopular, but it was going to lead to a name change and a nice push onto the main roster. Only other one would be Sin Cara as US Champ as I hot shot him into that slot.

Pushing MVP, Carlito and Mr. Kennedy were kind of the things to do back then. No shame in it.

I still write all three, because I added something new to each character.

Hey guys, I need a little help on something. I'm going to do a Book This! based around '97-'98 and I want to use Brian Pillman but I'm not sure if that's possible. Is it okay if I use someone who passed away after that date or is it something I shouldn't consider? I have big plans for Pillman, but I understand if I shouldn't use him beyond his passing.

If he was alive at the time of the BT, that should be OK with most people. Not sure there is an official ruling here, check the rules, but that shouldn't upset anybody really. Some people might say that you write him out of the BT on the date of his death, October 1997, whereas others aren't bothered.

If you start in 1998, I wouldn't use him.

Pretty much what GCB said, as long as they were alive at your starting date. I am using Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero in mine, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back