Book This! - General Discussion

Understood.

So I wrote my first ever Strap Match yesterday, was pretty fun to write. Was nervous on how it'd turn out but I really like the way it came out. I guess time will tell if other people feel the same way.

Told ya homie ;)

Hoping to get a start on Extreme Rules tomorrow night myself.

That's good. I plan to write another match soon and don't wanna get too far ahead of ya.

By the way if its easier for you, you can send your stuff to me on facebook or here when you finish it and i can try and keep things all together.

I'll probably send you the strap match in a few minutes if you don't mind.

Sometime soon I'm gonna spend a day and just read and review shows hopefully. I may be able to that Saturday or Tuesday unless I some plans come up.

Sometime soon I'm gonna spend a day and just read and review shows hopefully. I may be able to that Saturday or Tuesday unless I some plans come up.

I think that's one of the biggest reasons why this place fell apart when some of the regulars left. The whole reviewing cycle we had, in which pretty much all the regulars would give feedback to one another, worked really well for motivation. When we stopped writing, we stopped reviewing too and then even more people fell away.

Once we get up and running again, it would be cool to see people like Proph and LSN (his reviews were incredible) reviewing our stuff once more.

So Sting's announcement tonight inspired this question.

Have any of you ever booked a big stable vs stable war? If not and you wanted to do one in your BT, how would you go about starting it? Would championships be a focus of it?

I think that's one of the biggest reasons why this place fell apart when some of the regulars left. The whole reviewing cycle we had, in which pretty much all the regulars would give feedback to one another, worked really well for motivation. When we stopped writing, we stopped reviewing too and then even more people fell away.

Once we get up and running again, it would be cool to see people like Proph and LSN (his reviews were incredible) reviewing our stuff once more.

LSN, that's my guy!

And I agree. Our review system was perfect. We had each other's back here and would provide feedback because we wanted the section to thrive and with most the regulars out, we lost our top reviewers. I'll admit that I haven't been here as much as I would like and wish I had the motivation to read and review shows, but I haven't and that's probably credited to me not actually having a show either.

So Sting's announcement tonight inspired this question.

Have any of you ever booked a big stable vs stable war? If not and you wanted to do one in your BT, how would you go about starting it? Would championships be a focus of it?

Never actually planned a stable war storyline, but I think one would eventually have come up (in my BT with Peep) in Punk's voiceless stable (Punk/Ryan/Reks/Sheffield/Rollins (eventually)) and it probably would have been against the likes of Cena, Kofi, Morrison, and two other faces. Culminating in a traditional Survivor Series match for the strap.

That'd be pretty badass Theo.

I'm a sucker for a good stable vs stable war myself so I fully expect to write one at some point.

Stable wars can be very effective as they're so fun to read but they are a bit overdone in BT (and in wrestling in general). But if it's done right, they're some of the best storylines out there.

Smackdown is finished. I'll probably outline and begin the next RAW before bed tonight, and try to post the first RAW here in a couple of days.

Also, I don't wanna take the formatting approach that GCB does, with pictures before each match, but I think I will post pictures with my roster. I may do that tomorrow or Saturday

Smackdown is finished. I'll probably outline and begin the next RAW before bed tonight, and try to post the first RAW here in a couple of days.

Also, I don't wanna take the formatting approach that GCB does, with pictures before each match, but I think I will post pictures with my roster. I may do that tomorrow or Saturday

My most recent shows have had a lack of images. Tweaked my format to get rid of them.

Watched the end of RAW this morning. Then, for the first time ever, I watched NXT. Was very impressed with NXT apart from Brad Maddox's commentating. As for RAW, Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins. Wow. Just wow. They are going to be the biggest stars of the show in a few years. At risk of sounding like JBL, I love Daniel Bryan more than ever right now.

What happened to the Book This Section? It used to be promising and entertaining with CWF Elite, Peep/Theo, GCB, The Prophet. Now it's just threads that stay open for a week, then slide into obscurity.

The BT section always seems to go through this kind of stretches. It was pretty ho hum and then that "revival" came with those threads you mentioned above and now things are slowed down again. I'm sure things will pick up and there will be a great string of shows/contributors here.

Alright who wants to be a doll and let this here old man know what threads are pretty active so I can churn out some feedback and such. Only cause I'm a nice veteran, I'll put everyone over! #wrestlingtalk

I have tabs open with GCB, you and Notorious, and Global Icon. I'll look into nouration.

Thanks homie.

Cheers Theo. Glad you're enjoying. Interesting to get some idea of where you see me going with things. I'll be honest, I haven't made up my mind re: the winner of the WWE Championship match yet. I keep flip flopping between all four of them. A win would make Barrett seem strong. It would solidify Punk who only just lost the World Championship if he became WWE Champion a few week later. Jeff is fun but might need the title to get him right back into the main event picture. And Triple H, I don't know, I just think I have some great ideas for him as a champion.

Sheamus - I don't think he is lost in the shuffle. He came off the Triple H feud and ended up looking strong in both the Rumble and the Chamber. I think the issue with those matches though is that there's less of a big build to them in terms of a story. He qualified for both, dominantly, and then looked strong within the matches. I think that I need a big storyline for Sheamus now that will remind everybody why he was such as good heel in the HHH story. I have ideas with the Hornswoggle link as well.

As for RVD, I forgot I'd brought him back and then remembered. So I thought I'll make a big deal of this losing run and use it to bounce him back big time later down the line. It might work, it might not.

I like your thoughts about Edge the tweener but I already have Punk in that role and he is now on RAW too. Edge will have a big match at WM and again, my mind is not made up on whether he wins or not. Then, I have a decision. Retire him as happened in real life? Or push him?

Husky Harris - haven't seen anything of this Bray Wyatt thing until today. I wrote the WM build plans about three month back so was planning on using Husky as he was on NXT. Only better. :)

Thanks for reading sir.

Sheamus - I don't think he is lost in the shuffle. He came off the Triple H feud and ended up looking strong in both the Rumble and the Chamber. I think the issue with those matches though is that there's less of a big build to them in terms of a story. He qualified for both, dominantly, and then looked strong within the matches. I think that I need a big storyline for Sheamus now that will remind everybody why he was such as good heel in the HHH story. I have ideas with the Hornswoggle link as well.

Husky Harris - haven't seen anything of this Bray Wyatt thing until today. I wrote the WM build plans about three month back so was planning on using Husky as he was on NXT. Only better. :)

Thanks for reading sir.

Yeah I think I worded my Sheamus sentiments funny. But you pretty much covered it there. I was thinking Sheamus needed a big feud or a big win so to say instead the lost in the shuffle. Couldn't figure out the right wording.

Bray Wyatt is good TV, I can't wait for his call up to the roster and since you haven't seen much of him then I look even more forward to what you do with Husky Harris. He is a unique talent in terms of look. He is something different and I like that.

Now onto Nightmare's and Notorious' shows while I enjoy dinner and the hockey game.

If it helps you out Theo, you could just read the recaps we did of what happens until Extreme Rules. It covers just about everything.

Also feel free to leave some PPV predictions too.

If it helps you out Theo, you could just read the recaps we did of what happens until Extreme Rules. It covers just about everything.

Also feel free to leave some PPV predictions too.

I see that now. I was a bit confused at first. I'll hold the feedback for the PPV that way I can go into some detail instead of just branching out and garnering things from the reviews. I'll be sure to drop some predictions though, that's for sure. Just in case remind me. My mind ain't as sharp as it use to be. I would've forgot to post the Payback for WZPC if someone didn't remind me that it was this weekend and it was Friday yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back