Book This! - General Discussion

Good luck on Wrestlemania GCB, Just checked out Smackdown, some good stuff. Amazing booking of the Cena/Taker match and even the Money In The Bank match is starting to have more of a story with the opponents, not just seven guys who have just been chucked in to get more people on the card.

Does anybody ever advertise their show on Twitter? I just posted a comment on Twitter with a link here using the #WWE hashtag and suddenly we had 30 guests viewing. Might be a way to entice one or two more people from the "WWE Universe" into our little Book This world? Even if only one of them is interested and starts posting something, it'd be a good thing right?

EDIT: With my first week of WrestleMania 27 build done, I've now got the task of writing one of my WrestleMania matches. My aim is to write one match after every week of TV shows. Then, when I post the sixth week and I move to the actual PPV, five of the matches will already be done. I've decided to start with John Cena vs. The Undertaker for the World Championship; I can announce this because I've already made it official on SMACKDOWN. I've written two paragraphs and they've hardly done anything yet. This could be a long one. However, it is the main event of the whole show so it needs to be the best match I ever write. #nopressure

I would probably do this if I had a twitter. It could work and getting more views is never a bad thing.

I would probably do this if I had a twitter. It could work and getting more views is never a bad thing.

I'm not really doing it for views, I was simply interested to see how many people would come to look. Like I say, if we get more people coming into the forum, we get more readers, we get more people interested, we get more writers, we get a better section. I can't see what could fail about my plan to be honest.

Have set myself up a Twitter account specifically for GCB's WWE. @ChipButtyWWE if you want to look!

Long time, no see, sir. Great to see you post. Always good to see one of the old crew.

BT is struggling a little - though it has picked up a little of late. It'd be good to see a new project from you especially with a few others threatening one too - I'm talking about you, Theo, get it done!

Oh hey there. It is a slow process my man. I'll be back, just not sure when.

Go look at my old Championship Wrestling Federation thread, from the summer of 2011. It'll be similar to that.

I probably won't go as in depth with every match and all the commentary on the TV shows though, it's time consuming and burns you out. I'll probably summarize most matches and commentary except for big TV matches and PPV shows. I'll also be working with a smaller roster and smaller shows to get stuff done quicker, again to avoid time consumption and burn out. Otherwise, same premise.

Makes sense.

I'm different in that way though because I prefer writing my shows out in full. I have never written a recapped match and honestly probably never will because I love writing matches.

I used to do recapped promos but it just wasn't the same for me.

Care to give any hints or spoilers as to what it is?

Nope. I have a head full of useless wrestling knowledge just bouncing back and forth. I just need to settle on one that is the key. I need to find an idea that I can write about and want to put forth time and effort into.

And I look forward to returning, I miss it here sometimes when I'm lonely.

I've put together 3 different cards for my TNA/WWE Supershow.

Two of them are using what was given to me in my Thread before, whereas the 3rd I made myself. I'm gonna put all three into a thread & have people vote on them, then I'll write up the winning Card.

Makes sense.

I'm different in that way though because I prefer writing my shows out in full. I have never written a recapped match and honestly probably never will because I love writing matches.

I used to do recapped promos but it just wasn't the same for me.

I could never do recapped promos. That just doesn't work. Even my unimportant matches I'll summarize will have at least two paragraphs to it unless it's a squash. Just every single match, every single line of commentary, combined with how in-depth I get with crowd reactions and promos, it's a burn-out.

So, I haven't been watching any wrestling lately, so my question is what is some of the best young (30 or under) talent in WWE (and NXT), TNA, and on the indy circuit today. I'd like to know what bright young talent would be good to book with in a BT.

Big E. Langston looks a beast; just broke in and getting big wins. Promos - unsure as yet, they've hardly let him speak.

Shield - Ambrose and Rollins in particular. They look the real deal to me so far. Enjoying watching them.

Then there is the likes of Cody Rhodes (only 27, can you believe?), Ziggler obviously (32), Ryder, Barrett and Bryan (32 too).

I think there's fun to be had with most of those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back