Book This! - General Discussion

Well that post above is irrelevant now. The Cult has agreed to partner with me in this BT endeavor. I'm sure we'll have the official thread opened by the end of the day.

Well that post above is irrelevant now. The Cult has agreed to partner with me in this BT endeavor. I'm sure we'll have the official thread opened by the end of the day.

This could be a fun read. Cult is one of my favorite writers and while I haven't seen your work before I think you have potential.

As for my thread I'm holding out a couple more days waiting to see if I get any feedback on my ppv cause a couple fueds I'm unsure about keeping going before I start on the next Impact.

This could be a fun read. Cult is one of my favorite writers and while I haven't seen your work before I think you have potential.

As for my thread I'm holding out a couple more days waiting to see if I get any feedback on my ppv cause a couple fueds I'm unsure about keeping going before I start on the next Impact.
;). Honestly, I'm really looking forward to this thread, as long as we help each other out and help each other improve I'll be a happy man!

As for your ppv, I'll try get some feedback for it tomorrow mate.

Hiya folks.

Took a couple of days away as I had a mountain of work and I wanted to chill out over a certain comment posted on here. Sorry I haven't been here to answer the questions, here I am now.

GCB, When you say a description of the moves what do you mean by that?

Also what would guys such as Edge, Shawn Micheals and Jerry Lynn count as? Considering there retired but have only been retired for a few years or less.

Do we need to say what show (as in PPV) the match is happening at along with having enterances?

Sorry for the million questions just wanna be clear.

This is going to be like teaching my Y6 class ... :)

I, personally, would rather see this:

Retreating to the corner, the Rated R Superstar winces as he hobbles, the pain etched on his face. Holding the ropes and turning to face Orton, Edge begins to clutch at his hair and signals for his opponent to get up. As Edge waits, ready to strike, the Viper gets to a knee, holding his ribs, and begins to turn. The crowd holds its breath as Orton rotates and then ... BAM! SPEAR! Edge hits the Spear to Orton! It's over now! Surely? Edge hooks the leg ... 1 ... 2 ... ... ... 3!

than this:

Orton gets up. Edge hits the Spear. 1 2 3!

Now I don't mean that I want to see a 20,000 word match or anything daft like that but some element of story-telling would be good rather than a list of simple sentences just describing a set of moves in order. As I say, that is a personal thing but if you want to score my top votes, it is a must!

Edge, Shawn Michaels and Jerry Lynn count as guys from the past. Anybody who is retired counts as past. Anybody who is part time counts as present.

You don't need to say which PPV unless you want to, the entrances is up to you. If you think it adds to the quality of the match, go for it.

Yeah, I've also got a couple of questions.

Is it like a complete fantasy type deal; like if I wanted Big Show vs. Andre, would they both be in their primes?

Does the whole match have to be full or can half be recapped and the other half in full detail?

Yeah, 'complete fantasy type deal' as you say. Have the two guys in their prime.

Again, the half recapped, half detailed thing is your call. Whichever you think works best.

Congrats Theo on getting the top score. Will the scores reset the next round? And do we write how this match came about? I've got a good idea for a match but if I need to add a promo in why this happened, that could be done as well.

Scores will be reset, yeah. You don't need to write any kind of detail about how the match came about. You can write a couple of sentences for context if you wish (maybe to set heel/face alignment) but I don't want to see promos and long backstories. Save those for another round! :D

Being part of the BT Factor has really got me wanting to do a BT thread now. I started one this summer taking place in 2007, but I started a new job shortly after, and was just unable to find adequate time to write shows. Now that the holidays are over and I have more of a cushion at work, I know I could commit to a thread. Unfortunately I've lost a majority if the files that had my plans for the 2007 thread, and just don't remember the direction I was going so I'd like to start fresh.

I'd love to start in 2002 with the brand extension. Now preferably I want to partner with someone who could write either RAW or SmackDown, we'd draft our own rosters, and we can run our shows simultaneously in one thread. I like the idea of two styles making up one 'company'. I've reached out to a few people already, and am talking to others about different projects, but I figured I'd ask everyone here before moving on with one or the other. If anyone is interested please PM and we can discusss details. Thanks guys.

Great to hear mate, I thought your Round 1 entry was really good. I had you second behind Theo. I like the idea of 2002, I've often thought of starting one after WM18 but never had time to. I can't be involved in yours but I hope you do start posting soon.

;). Honestly, I'm really looking forward to this thread, as long as we help each other out and help each other improve I'll be a happy man!

As for your ppv, I'll try get some feedback for it tomorrow mate.

Cult and Swagger - sounds a good plan. I like reading Cult's stuff and Mr. Swagger has potential too so it should be good.

Being able to use Edge or HBK and have them in their prime helps me out a ton. I have 1 dream match I always wanted to see and now I can do it. I have high hopes for myself in this round that's for sure. Writing long, Epic matches is something I LOVE to do!

I really hope no one else uses my match idea. I won't give away what it is but I will say it involves a member of the TNA Roster.

I'm taking a crazy method for this round. I'm gonna write out not 1 but 2 full matches because I can't decide between two dream matches I always thought would be great. Whichever I think is better i'll submit for my entry.

Yes I have too much time on my hands.

I'm taking a crazy method for this round. I'm gonna write out not 1 but 2 full matches because I can't decide between two dream matches I always thought would be great. Whichever I think is better i'll submit for my entry.

Yes I have too much time on my hands.

(Sorry for the triple post here.) Well ignore this. It took me a little over three hours due to watching movies as well but I got my entry for this round of the BT Factor done. Very happy with how it turned out I shouldn't have doubted myself on doing it. Now to proof read it Sunday and then send it in.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody else does as well.

P.S. Watching some of your favorite movies while trying to write doesn't work out good...I learned that tonight.

Might get back to doing a Book This! in the summor. Got a interesting idea for a WWE Main Event Mafia vs. WWE Frontline, that I posted in the WWE section.

Had a PM from JAM asking about rankings from Round 1 - he'd like to know his for motivational purposes!

I'm not going to publish everyone's ranking but if you want to know your own ranking, feel free to PM me and I will tell you. However, I don't want you to mention your ranking anywhere here. I don't want anybody to get demotivated. If you need to know your scores for your own motivation, let me know.

!#@#%$ # WINS THE ROYAL RUMBLE!

lol, I remember foolishly doing this last year. Still sorry, GCB.

Reactions: GCB
Well The Cult ended up backing out of our Brand Extension thread. I am not throwing in the towel though. I've wanted to do this thread for far too long. He's agreed to help me get to the Backlash Pay-Per-View, but after that it could be all on me. I've spoken with georgelfc123 about coming on board, but nothing is set in stone yet. If there is anyone at least slightly interested in partnering with me please PM me and let's talk. I'm willing to swap superstars around to balance out the rosters and am open to anything else you want to discuss or alter. In the meantime my first RAW is coming along GREAT and I expect to have it up before the end of the week.

Well The Cult ended up backing out of our Brand Extension thread. I am not throwing in the towel though. I've wanted to do this thread for far too long. He's agreed to help me get to the Backlash Pay-Per-View, but after that it could be all on me. I've spoken with georgelfc123 about coming on board, but nothing is set in stone yet. If there is anyone at least slightly interested in partnering with me please PM me and let's talk. I'm willing to swap superstars around to balance out the rosters and am open to anything else you want to discuss or alter. In the meantime my first RAW is coming along GREAT and I expect to have it up before the end of the week.

Once again, I apologise.

Hello forum.

I've been doing Fan Fic/Book This for 8-9 years on another forum called PW. I'm going to start doing it here, too, to see how this place goes. Truthfully, I wrote wrestling for a long time that I got kind of bored with it. I am working a non-wrestling project and would like to know if that is allowed on this forum? If any of you have ever been on that site, I've used this name and wrote one fed, the KWF for years. The board crashed and I ventured out here.

Hello forum.

I've been doing Fan Fic/Book This for 8-9 years on another forum called PW. I'm going to start doing it here, too, to see how this place goes. Truthfully, I wrote wrestling for a long time that I got kind of bored with it. I am working a non-wrestling project and would like to know if that is allowed on this forum? If any of you have ever been on that site, I've used this name and wrote one fed, the KWF for years. The board crashed and I ventured out here.

I'll go ahead and tell you that you should be fine posting something non-wrestling related here. This part of the forum gets little traffic and I am sure that the admins/g-mods won't mind you posting anything fiction related in this section.

Hello forum.

I don't think it's a big deal if you post it here. What's it about anyway? Also you may not get much feedback on it considering this section is for booking wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back