• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bloomfield Police Release Statements On TNA Cancellation/WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
Police Captain Jeffrey L. Blatter released the following statements to Michael Weaver of WrestlingUpdateOnline regarding the cancellation of last Saturday's TNA house show promoted by Hermie Sadler's UWF in Bloomfield, CT:

"TNA’s attempt to manipulate their fan base into believing the Bloomfield Police Department, or any other Town Official, was responsible for the canceling of their Saturday event is misleading and disingenuous.

TNA failed to notify the Town of their intent to hold an event, nor did they apply for the proper permits. Had TNA made the proper notifications, in a timely manner, the Town would have had the opportunity to address the public safety concerns that were identified, and the wrestling fans would have had the opportunity to enjoy the event in a safe environment. The code violations that were identified were not obscure administrative matters, but real concerns for public safety, and were in fact explained to TNA representatives.

Allowing an event to go forward in violation of known public safety hazards is a breach of our responsibility to the citizens of Bloomfield and those who visit our community. The Rhode Island Night Club tragedy is a sobering example of what can occur if this responsibility is not met."

We Michael asked the Captain of rumors about WWE’s involvement (which WWE publicly denied), he responded:

"After I sent my statement to you I had the opportunity to further speak with a Supervisor who was on scene. Your inquiry into Vince McMahon appears to be on target since someone at the incident alleged our actions were predicated on the behest of Vince McMahon, who, according to the individual, "owns Connecticut".

To dispel a completely false notion, Vince McMahon had no involvement in this matter, and my Supervisor had to ask who Vince McMahon was. We became aware of the event only hours before it was to be held, when the East Hartford Police Department brought our attention to the TNA Web Site, which made reference to Bloomfield.

I believe it is also appropriate to note that the Supervisor on scene was thoroughly impressed with the professionalism and cooperation he received from the wrestlers and most of the event staff. He particularly noted the wrestlers desire to stay and greet their fans even after the event had to be cancelled. Had they not done so, we could have been faced with a situation that may have spiraled out of control."

Special thanks to PWInsider for help compiling this report

There, now all this wwe must have did this crap can stop. It was a mistake on tna's part. I guess their new to road shows so i can see how they might make a mistake or two. I wonder where this leavs them with the little james gang outside wwe headquarters thing?

wrestling247 said:
There, now all this wwe must have did this crap can stop. It was a mistake on tna's part. I guess their new to road shows so i can see how they might make a mistake or two. I wonder where this leavs them with the little james gang outside wwe headquarters thing?
I agree. The answear was wanted, and now exposed. However, I do expect the James Gang thing being outside of the WWE HQ to continue. I strongly doubt TNA would take it off and pretend it never happened seeing everything was a misunderstanding.

But in the other hand, TNA is new to doing their "house shows" so never know what could happen if little inexperienced excluding what you're comfortable with in Orlando.

That statement still doens't explain the cancelation in East Hartford. That was a statement released from the Bloomfield police. They booked the East Hartford show 2 months in advance and then all of sudden at the last second they have to cancel? There is definetly something fishy with this situation. This will go on for a while.

that was the same show they had to move it cuz of large ticket sales

But the police department that released this statement is from a different city, they only justify the second cancelation not the first one.

^I guess the old saying is: fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

I would've completely bought the whole deal the first time through with regards to what the cops said, but with 2 shows cancelled? I still smell bulls***. I don't put this past anyone in Stamford, but either way, there isn't any concrete proof McMahon was or wasn't behind the whole thing, so I say keep the storyline going. Since Angle's departure and jump, this is the biggest thing to happen to TNA wrestling, or wrestling in general for that matter. It's hard for me to believe that after every single show that TNA has put on or involved in with the UWF, the odds would have it that TWO SHOWS were cancelled (back to back no less?), and they both happened to be near Titan? Look, I don't think anything is that coincidental. And the remark in the police report that just struck me as completely odd is that they compared it to the Great White concert incident from a couple of years ago. I haven't been to a TNA house show as I live on the west coast, but I'd figure that with their meager budget, and the fact they have to get in bed with another indy promotion just to put on the shows, that a full pyro show wouldn't even be an issue because there would be none. That was what caused the fire at that concert. I'm willing to bet that TNA has held loads of events that had fans jammed to capacity in small venues before. Why now all of a sudden does it get s***canned?

Man, it's over with and done. Whatever happened already happened. I didn't buy a ticket to that show I have nothing to do with it and I'm sure most, if not, everybody here didn't purchase a ticket to the event so why worry? It was aweful for the fans that were present. It's now getting over-rated. But my main concern as of this point is Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle because honestly, if Angle defeats Joe, I will be extremely pissed. Joe is very awesome and he's building a future and a name for himself while Angle already has one and this could be the perfect match to pass the torch to Joe. Seeing Angle is in TNA and he's like a "god" now, I don't think the creative team will give Angle's first big TNA match as a loss. - Now that's something that's a much bigger deal in TNA IMO that's more important to everybody instead of a group from a town.

^I personally don't care who wins, because Joe will end up getting the win down the road, even if their first encounter doesn't see him with his hand raised. My main concern is that they both put on the kind of show I know they're capable of doing. I want Angle's departure from Titan to actually mean something with regards to his presence in TNA. I'm almost positive the match will end up with one or both of them bloody. I can't wait. Between this and UFC 65, me being excited is an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back