• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lol. TNA show in CT got cancelled 45 minz before it started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasey said:
And WWE could lose a ton of money for intentional corporate sabotage if they were actually behind the show's cancellation. Either way, this whole thing has done something that hasn't been done in a long time...and that is generate serious interest between two American wrestling promotions. This can only help the air of competition and further business. I mean, hell, we're talking about it, aren't we?
According to information provided and sources, this had absolutely nothing to do with the WWE in any way, shape or form. This was probably just a misunderstanding and a mistake seeing TNA is not too "experienced" with traveling outside of Orlando and some problems were made. I mean look at it this way.... the arena was donated in the last minute then all of the sudden so quickly they put together the show in a new location. It wasn't pre-reserved and who knows if there was enough time to actually check out the place for any problems. Stuff happens when you move too quickly hurrying getting the new location and stuff for the show together. You can't really blame anyone. The place was only trying to help and TNA was excited to relocate their show & thought they'd still entertain, but things went too fast. That's another thought.

^Definitely a possibillity. At this point I don't know what the deal is, but two cancellations still seems a bit off kilter to me. Whatever went down, we'll probably never get the full and complete truth to. The fact that anyone in the greater Connecticut area doesn't know who Vince McMahon is seems pretty retarted to me. It'd be like someone from where I live saying they've never heard of Bill Gates. Even though some fans are kind of pissed for having missed the show, I'm actually happy the whole thing went down, because it's a quick route into controversy and it seems like only recently has anything in the business of wrestling been this intriguing or exciting.

From what I remember, Russo will do anything. Who knows, he might have called or he might have not. We all won't find out for a while. But this is not all a coincidence. I had watched TNA before Angle jumped ship, but wasn't that interested until then. Also, TNA is bashing WWE when WWE hasn't said anything about TNA. Think about it, Russo as the head writer and TNA going on primetime. I suspect TNA officials had something to do with it, and if they didn't, they are going to capitalize on it and use it for publicity. I think this is just going to piss off Vince and the WWE will be at its best once again, much like it was around the attitude era. Personally, I like both businesses, so I can only speculate as to what is going on.

Kasey said:
If in fact the whole thing was a work, then all of it was planned from the get-go by TNA (namely Russo) from the cancelled show and on down. However, it could be that she show was cancelled by other means (namely not by TNA), and as a result Russo just picked up the ball and ran with it for an angle. Either way, they're smart in using this for a proposed angle.

There dumb because this could become a potential lawsuit. Something that a company who is not bringing in a profit should not do. After all, is WWE sued for trademark infringment and defamation of character how much would Panda be out of plus the fact TNA is paying big stars, making video games, ariting on cable and not bringing in a profit. it bussiness first man.

Kasey said:
And WWE could lose a ton of money for intentional corporate sabotage if they were actually behind the show's cancellation. Either way, this whole thing has done something that hasn't been done in a long time...and that is generate serious interest between two American wrestling promotions. This can only help the air of competition and further business. I mean, hell, we're talking about it, aren't we?

But they are cleared. Officers are even saying WWE had nothing to do with it. So they will be clear. There was a freaking video on TNA site of them insuating WWE involvement. Guilty.

BRandonkin said:
There dumb because this could become a potential lawsuit. Something that a company who is not bringing in a profit should not do. After all, is WWE sued for trademark infringment and defamation of character how much would Panda be out of plus the fact TNA is paying big stars, making video games, ariting on cable and not bringing in a profit. it bussiness first man.
So when's the lawsuit happening? Courtdate? Press release? WWE won't sue them because it'll just fuel the anti-WWE sentiment. Especially from guys like me who think all three WWE shows need a major overhaul. Business first.

wwe isnt even gonna waste their time even sayin the name TNA...unlike tna wwe has nothin to prove...look at tna saying wwe's name on their show and tossing names around its jus pathetic...where as wwe refuses to even mention their name signifying they dnt even exist to them...the promotion tna has alot of potential but they r nowhere near wen they have superstars with GREAT ring skills but not the look and not the mic skills...you need a combination of all to gain great attention from fans and thats what tna isnt doin...so tna shut the hell up and focus on becoming instead of insulting a respected well grounded brand

BRandonkin said:
But they are cleared. Officers are even saying WWE had nothing to do with it. So they will be clear. There was a freaking video on TNA site of them insuating WWE involvement. Guilty.
They were cleared by Connecticut police, sure. Police have been bribed before and the lameass excuses that officer gave were beyond ridiculous. Like I've stated before, anyone who live in Connecticut and doesn't know of Vince McMahon is beyond retarted, residing in a cave, or lying. Connecticut isn't a huge state, so for anyone to state they don't know who he is is an insult to the intelligence of everyone within earshot. It'd be just like someone from where I live stating that they don't know who Bill Gates is. It's ludicrous. Also, he stated that he didn't want it to be like the Rhode Island incident, namely involving the rock band Great White. That show went south because there was illegal alterations done to the building's interior for soundproofing purposes and the band used unannounced pyro. So all of a sudden, now at the beginning of what coincidentally was a TNA show in WWE's sandbox, they just happened to get safety conscious? Bull$hit. The TNA tapings for the whole VKM segment went down on the 7th, and were readily available on wrestling sites including this one. Now, either the whole cancellation was scripted and planned in advance, it was just a coincidence, or WWE got wind of what was on the mic and took steps to strike back pre-emptively. I don't know the exact truth, and I don't really trust anyone in this. It doesn't paint an ethical picture to me with regards to anyone involved.

How did that video insinuate anything? It showed Kip and BG stating that since the show's been cancelled and they had some time on their hands they were going to fool around in his "backyard." They didn't come out and accuse anyone of anything. Not even in the TNA statment regarding the cancellation or the mic work they did on the last impact. Sure, it may all have been a complete work, but then again they never came out and clearly stated that "Vince McMahon and the WWE had our shows cancelled." Did they?

Isnt it just a little too weird this weeks iMPACT! was filmed nearly one week before The James Gang appeared outside of the WWE HQ because they have much time and motivation due to their house show being "closed"? To me, it's very weird as if this was some type of master plan by Vince Russo to create talks. The James Gang renaming theirselves to VKM saying negative stuff towards WWE/DX declaring a war before anything in CT ever happened, and aired 5 days after it happened.

Yeah, to me that's just very weird even though I could be completely wrong....

MadMetal said:
Isnt it just a little too weird this weeks iMPACT! was filmed nearly one week before The James Gang appeared outside of the WWE HQ because they have much time and motivation due to their house show being "closed"? To me, it's very weird as if this was some type of master plan by Vince Russo to create talks. The James Gang renaming theirselves to VKM saying negative stuff towards WWE/DX declaring a war before anything in CT ever happened, and aired 5 days after it happened.

Yeah, to me that's just very weird even though I could be completely wrong....
That's exactly what I alluded to earlier. The timing issue is a fishy thing for me, as is the police comments in regards to their rebuttal of McMahon's involvement. All of it reeks. Nevertheless, I'll be watching both shows with anticipation like I always do.

Kasey said:
That's exactly what I alluded to earlier. The timing issue is a fishy thing for me, as is the police comments in regards to their rebuttal of McMahon's involvement. All of it reeks. Nevertheless, I'll be watching both shows with anticipation like I always do.
Both shows as if RAW as well? If you don't regularly watch it, I wouldn't waste my breathe because there's no reasons to. But like you said, the way how the iMPACT! VKM/DX segment was filmed 5 days before the TNA house show that got canceled, it seemed like it was a storyline to have the James Gang go to Stamford for a storyline instead of something real. But yeah like you said, it sounds as if it's something Vince Russo did, but not saying it's true at all.

MadMetal said:
Both shows as if RAW as well? If you don't regularly watch it, I wouldn't waste my breathe because there's no reasons to. But like you said, the way how the iMPACT! VKM/DX segment was filmed 5 days before the TNA house show that got canceled, it seemed like it was a storyline to have the James Gang go to Stamford for a storyline instead of something real. But yeah like you said, it sounds as if it's something Vince Russo did, but not saying it's true at all.
I watch every show. I'm an addict, man. I do think it could be a storyline set-up, but if it was Dixie Carter must be giving Russo complete autonomy, because they lost a $hitload of cash from missing those two dates. Not exactly the kind of thing a company like TNA could afford to do. Plus, he'd have to have the UWF head they were co-promoting with agree as well. That's the only thing that would sway it in terms of someone else doing it for me. That's also why I don't let McMahon off the hook anymore than I would Russo. Spoilers for the segment were available everywhere for WWE staffers to read (along with the rest of us), so if they got wind of it, that could be a motive for them to get stuff cancelled as much as it would for Russo.

Kasey said:
I watch every show. I'm an addict, man. I do think it could be a storyline set-up, but if it was Dixie Carter must be giving Russo complete autonomy, because they lost a $hitload of cash from missing those two dates. Not exactly the kind of thing a company like TNA could afford to do. Plus, he'd have to have the UWF head they were co-promoting with agree as well. That's the only thing that would sway it in terms of someone else doing it for me. That's also why I don't let McMahon off the hook anymore than I would Russo. Spoilers for the segment were available everywhere for WWE staffers to read (along with the rest of us), so if they got wind of it, that could be a motive for them to get stuff cancelled as much as it would for Russo.
Why do you keep talking as if the WWE did it as if you're determined? Proper permits? Why do you think TNA removed everything regarding what happened in CT? Because it was a misunderstanding or else they'd still be "hinting" acussing the WWE of it when they were in Europe since Friday (the day before it happened) doing many shows. You think they had time or cared? It's over rated and now over with nobody's talking about it anymore my god. Let's stop worrying about it because it's getting annoying when there's actual current events....

Not for nothing, maybe if TNA did their business properly then they wouldn't have a show get shut down. Maybe the geniuses in TNA's office should look into what paper work is needed to run a show in a particular state before selling tickets.

EricTapout said:
Not for nothing, maybe if TNA did their business properly then they wouldn't have a show get shut down. Maybe the geniuses in TNA's office should look into what paper work is needed to run a show in a particular state before selling tickets.
Realize it wasn't completely organized by TNA, but rather by the UWF as they contract the TNA talent for road-shows, not Vince Russo.

MadMetal said:
Why do you keep talking as if the WWE did it as if you're determined? Proper permits? Why do you think TNA removed everything regarding what happened in CT? Because it was a misunderstanding or else they'd still be "hinting" acussing the WWE of it when they were in Europe since Friday (the day before it happened) doing many shows. You think they had time or cared? It's over rated and now over with nobody's talking about it anymore my god. Let's stop worrying about it because it's getting annoying when there's actual current events....
The fact is that I did some more reading on the subject and I don't find anything coincidental with regards to the events. You think what you want, and I'll think what I want. If I choose to talk about it some more, that's my prerogative, mom. Just so you get another view of the story, here is what the UWF...NOT TNA...representative who was in charge of the show had to say about it. With the cop's dumb statements and refusing to say anything to Mr. Sadler other than that it was an "anonymous call"...forgive me for not drinking Connecticut Kool-Aid stirred by the cops.

STATEMENT FROM UWF PRESIDENT HERMIE SADLER ON TNA SHOW CANCELLATION IN CONNECTICUT

I wanted to make a personal statement on the happenings in Connecticut this past weekend to try and answer as many questions as I can. There are obviously many things that I am still gathering information on in the coming days, but I think it is important for all our fans to know what I know.

The first phone call I got that there was a potential problem was Thursday afternoon while I was in Arizona. I was told that local authorities had come to the Face-Off Indoor Arena to check out the venue after an anonymous call. We had this venue booked for over 2 months, and had a floor plan and ticket manifest approved for 1018 seats. After looking at the venue, the inspector said the building could only be approved for 398 people without making some minor alterations to the building. When the building manager told the inspectors the changes would be made prior to the event on Friday, he was told that it would not matter because the Chief Inspector that would have to approve the building for more people would be on vacation on Friday and would not be back in town until Tuesday.

So at that point, I had to make a decision. Do we keep the event at the location and tell 400 of the people that had purchased tickets in advance that they could not get into the show, or do we try to find an alternative venue to hold the show based on the size of the venue the inspectors told us we needed.

My question was why did the local authorities in East Hartford have so much interest in our show only 1 day prior to the show and place these demands on us when there was no time to make the changes they requested?

We immediately began looking for an alternate venue that would hold the amount of fans we were planning to attend the event. The Bloomfield Tennis Academy stepped up and offered their facility at the last minute. We decided to move the show there so that all the fans that had purchased tickets could attend the event. This venue, although not very far from the original building, was in a different town.

As most people know by now, I was called at about 4 pm by some of our production staff that the police were at Bloomfield and that we were not going to be able to have a show. Upon arrival at the building and talking to the PD Sergeant, I was told that there were several problems with the building and that we would not be allowed to have a show there. When I asked him what caused them to come to the building, he would only say " An anonymous call." Again, we went through a long list of potential remedies, but it was apparent that the show was not going to happen.

After that, we entertained the idea of moving the show to Danbury, CT. We even took a poll from fans outside the building because Danbury is about 70 miles from Bloomfield. The response was 100% yes that they wanted to travel to Danbury to see the show.

Although we strongly considered that alternative, I decided not to pursue that option simply because I did not feel at that point that we could give the fans that had paid their money to the show a complete 100% effort. The show would have started late, we probably would have lost a great deal of the fans, we had not only the ring and production equipment but over 700 chairs that needed to be moved, no concessions at the new building, etc. The list went on and on, it was just time at that point to call the show.

I honestly have no idea why local authorities from two separate towns showed so much interest in our events at that short notice. I am still gathering information and will hopefully know more in the coming days.

For those that wonder, we will definitely be coming back to Connecticut very soon. The fan response we got was great. It was set to be one of our biggest events of the year. We will bring TNA Wrestling to Connecticut in a big way very soon.

All I can do at this point is apologize to all of the fans that made the effort to come to this show. It was a very unfortunate set of circumstances that I apologize for and am embarrassed by.

To be refunded for your ticket purchases, starting Monday morning November 13, contact the place where you purchased your tickets ([email protected], [email protected] , or the Face Off Arena (860) 282-0003 to verify your address and/or credit card or paypal account. Full refunds will be issued this week.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,

Hermie Sadler
UWF President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member