• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should TNA Have Let Ric Flair Attend the WWE Hall-of-Fame?

I know everyone has largely taken a stance of "it doesn't matter, who gives a s***", but blame the thread on my curiousity.

I just thought with the way wrestling companies antagonise each other, there would've been some kind of blowback on one side or the other. Whether it be WWE saying "why the f*** have we let this guy in?" or TNA saying "why the f*** did we let him visit with another company?".

But if everyone can live in peace and harmony and break bread, fair play to them. I just expect someone to be alot more petty about it. Human nature and all that.

Ric Flair can do anything thing he want's to He's RIC FLAIR hell his best friend works for the WWE Arn Anderson,why is this such a big deal old wrestlers visit the WWE all the time and it's not a big deal but sense Ric works for TNA he can't go and visit old friends? besides Vince him self said TNA is not a threat to the WWE what so ever so why is this such a big deal.

If I remeber correctly A WWE superstar was once shown in attendance at a TNA event (rorry mcallister sp?) and i dont remember Vince trying to sue TNA he just buried and eventually released Rorry.

In the case of Ric flair like everyone else said the guys a legend and can do whatever he wants. He wanted to show respect for an old friend and did it...who cares if he did.

Exactly what's so wrong about it? Class act by WWE and TNA. If you ask me, other guys like Sting, Kurt and such should also be allowed to attend even if not acknowledged. This business is built on the support these men give each other through the years. They should be allowed to be present to pay respects to the achievement their peers are being presented with. This should not be about publicity exposure or anything of the such. It's thanking your peers for their hard work.

Of course. What's Flair going to do? This actually helps TNA.

"Hey look! Ric Flair! Woo! Where is he now? TNA? I might check it out." - Regular Fan

"Hey look! Ric Flair! Woo! Where is he now? TNA? Oh that place sucks. He's there for the money. He's old. I hate old people. That place will go out of business in two months and Vince will buy it." - Smark.

All jokes aside, I'm glad TNA let Ric do this. He's there to see his bud get inducted in the Hall of Fame. Good for Ric, I hope they show his old mug on TV and gets a nice big reaction of "Woo's". Ric's a legend whereever he goes.

yeah...because those are lawsuit-worthy offenses...:rolleyes:

Actually it is. They used a named that was own, by... The WWE.

Reason why Mr. Kennedy became Mr. Anderson. WWE owned the Mr. Kennedy name.

A lot of those guys had to change their name when they switched from WWE to TNA due to trademark and copyright ordeals.

Luckly a couple guys were able to use their real names, such as Matt Morgan and the Hardy Boys, because they went out and trademarked their name, or not have given the WWE permission to use their name for profiting reasons.

So, those are kind of lawsuit-worthy offenses. :blush:

Maybe he could steal HBK's HOF ring and give it to Abyss to make another completely unwatchable angle?
Or. OOOOOO OOOOOO Mr Russo, Mr Russo...
Get this:
He could "acquire" Snookie's bra (after a night of 'kiss stealin, wheelin dealin' and give it to Robbie E. Turning him into an EVEN BIGGER DOUCHEBAG.
Look, if mentioning WWE and the HoF is a sin, the whole creative staff needs to be let go. If glomming into the WWE press machine is "wrong" for TNA, some egos need to be seriously deflated. NOTHING bad happens to TNA from comparison to WWE.
Free Pub. Controversy creates cash.
Maybe WWE's road manager has enough petty cash to give Flair an advance.

Let him? Let him? What is this, Parenting 101?

Last I checked TNA wasn't a wrestling company with a god complex who refuse to acknowledge the fact that they're actually a wrestling company or that wrestling exists outside their own convenient little bubble, and their fans don't tend to fit that script either. Wish the same could be said for WWE, but it can't, because historically speaking it's been Vince and his army of zombies who act like that, unfortunately.

That said, I'm glad he's a part of the festivities. As Zion noted, casual fans may see him and wonder where he's been only to find out he's with TNA now and actually check them out. Works well for both companies.

Got to agree with IDR here. TNA lets their pefromers be active in different opportunities that include movies and even going to WWE events if they choose to. TNA allowed Kevin Nash to go to the HOF ceremony when he was under contract. I really don't see a problem with TNA wrestler or even a WWE "superstar" doing something outside of their organization. TNA doesn't own Ric Flair and WWE doesn't own their workers either.

Actually it is. They used a named that was own, by... The WWE.

Reason why Mr. Kennedy became Mr. Anderson. WWE owned the Mr. Kennedy name.

A lot of those guys had to change their name when they switched from WWE to TNA due to trademark and copyright ordeals.

Luckly a couple guys were able to use their real names, such as Matt Morgan and the Hardy Boys, because they went out and trademarked their name, or not have given the WWE permission to use their name for profiting reasons.

So, those are kind of lawsuit-worthy offenses. :blush:

Well i'm not sure they used his real name when he appeared at the Impact Zone, because i don't remember. I think the problem was that he was supposed to work when he was on TV.

About what you said about the name of the wrestlers, you are right. Wrestling names are copyrighted by the company they work for. The reason some wrestlers get to keep their names when they change companies, its 1 because its their real names anyways there were using i.e Matt Morgan, Shannon More & the Hardys or 2 because even if a company would want to change the name of the wrestler, he is too well known by his gimmick name so it wouldn't make sense i.e Hogan, Flair, Sting.

Anyways back to the point of the thread, Flair can go to the WWE hall of fame ceremony if he wants to. Like i said earlier, yes TNA and WWE are different companies but its not the cold war wrestlers are friends with each other regardless of what company they work for. I wish fans would realize that.

I havent seen are they any results/reports from the HoF?

I got to thinking after I posted here that if Flair were to actually appear on stage one of two chants would occur.

Either "One More Match" Chant simply because he is a legend and we would be assuming that the fans there didnt know he was in TNA.

Or

The lesser accepted but would occur briefly...a TNA Chant.

I am guessing, Flair didnt actually appear on stage though but I would love to hear about who was there (other than WWE wrestlers) and see the pictures from the crowd. I am always interested in who is sitting beside who.

Ric can do what he wants.Hes a legend of the buisness. If he wants to go to see his good friend inducted , let him. Its not as if its going to hurt TNA anyway.

Saying that, remember when one of the highlanders showed up on a TNA broadcast. He was fired.

But to be honest if he wanted to go. Let him. Its not going to hurt anyone after all, is it?.

It's quite funny how people are saying everything. I'm pretty sure Tna knew Rick would be there, I'm sure they also told him to get some tv time. Flair might be under Tna contract, but i'm sure at this point he dosen't care what the companys say to him. If Tna lets him go it would be more travel for him, but at least 5-10 grand a showup to any indi show. His name carrys him places, he is pretty much above the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back