Black Friday dumbasses...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
First of all, if you participate in Black Friday, may you die a wretched death being anally raped by a stud horse.

Anyways, I go to Wal-Mart (being the only store open) earlier tonight (about 8:30 pm, and it is now 11:10 pm) so I can buy a basketball game. Was looking for NCAA Basketball 2010 (since it SHOULD be cheaper), but would have been happy with NBA 2K11. No NCAA, but did have NBA. I looked and looked for someone to get it for me, but NO salesman around. So I had to leave, since I had some place to be, and was kind of on a deadline.

A couple hours later (around 10:30 pm), I go back to buy the game. Well, of course, all the dumbass Black Friday shoppers are there, making life miserable for people who should be home with their families. I go to the cabinet where the game should be, and it's gone and I think to myself "Fuck! They probably made this a ticket item". So I go looking for it, locate it, and pick up my copy. Some used up, drugged out ****ish looking lady tells me "we're not supposed to get those yet". I look at her, shrug my shoulders and say "Oh....weeellllllllll...." and then just turn around and leave. I don't owe her an explanation, and unless I have some cocaine on my nose, she probably wouldn't be interested in it.

Anyways, I take my game up to the front check-out lady, a woman who looks as if an IQ in the double digits probably wouldn't happen if you would double her current IQ. She checks me out, and it rings up for $29.99, instead of the $59.99 it should be. Then, I guess since it's not supposed to be $30 until midnight, the computer upgrades the price to the regular $60. The dumbass checkout lady, even when I tell her its probably a ticket item, goes ahead and fixes the price for me.

So, think about the progression here. People wait for HOURS in line to save what amounts to, in the end, a rather paltry sum of money. I whisk in, grab my product, get the discount and leave, all within a 10 minute time frame.

Black Friday dumbasses....but I rule.

I've had my shopping done since August. I laugh at these people. I'll be here in my warm house watching Imp......damn it I'm worse than they are.

No kidding, Sly. To this day it amazes that people will actually wait in line for hours just to get a cheaper price, when there are all kinds of ways to get the Black Friday price. I've done what you did earlier plenty of times, hell if you go in after the big rush during Black Friday 4 AM - 4 PM (From what I've seen) even if they're all out of everything you can still get a raincheck and get that same price a week later.

Fuck Black Friday. I had no intention of ever stepping in a store ever on Black Friday, but it just so happened one year I needed a coat. A simple fucking coat. Now I had my then girlfriend in town and I want to hurry up and get this done so I can get to what I really wanted to do that day, instead I had to wait for 45 fucking minutes just to pay for one item and get the hell out.

Shopping online is the way to go.

It's not always horrible, a few years back I was in Georgia for Thanksgiving and went shopping on Black Friday. Everyone was nice and curteous, good ol' Southern hospitality.

I remember once when my mom and I went to Wal-Mart on Black Friday, there was this guy sitting on top of 4 DVD players. When I looked closely at the guy, I saw him on the phone with someone (most likely a relative) and telling them to come on over to the Wal-Mart so he can get a DVD player. So I stand there thinking to myself, "Why doesn't he just buy the DVD Players and bill the guy later or something."

Oh well, point is, it's amazing how people go crazy for Black Friday.

People need to put things into perspective sometimes. I have no idea what an average person saves on Black Friday. Let’s say the first person in line saves $150. Is it really worth it? Look at it another way and forget all the Black Friday propaganda. If on a random day I offered you $150 to sacrifice a comfortable night sleep to spend hours outside in the cold with nothing to do and an obnoxious mob of strangers to deal with would you take it? I wouldn’t. To be fair $150 could be a lot different to different people and could be a major difference, but we all know a good portion of the people who are out on Black Friday are just blindly caught up in the propaganda.

People need to put things into perspective sometimes. I have no idea what an average person saves on Black Friday. Let’s say the first person in line saves $150. Is it really worth it? Look at it another way and forget all the Black Friday propaganda. If on a random day I offered you $150 to sacrifice a comfortable night sleep to spend hours outside in the cold with nothing to do and an obnoxious mob of strangers to deal with would you take it? I wouldn’t. To be fair $150 could be a lot different to different people and could be a major difference, but we all know a good portion of the people who are out on Black Friday are just blindly caught up in the propaganda.

I was willing to spend an extra $30 bucks just so I didn't have to get caught up in Black Friday. I plan on using this game to get me through tomorrow, since there is nothing else to do, and you can't drive through town. I was just fortunate I didn't have to spend that money since the checkout lady was a moron.

The point of gettin shit cheap is to have more money. What is the point of having lots of money?

Being comfortable. I say eliminate the middle man, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back