• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest debut on WWE History?

I'm going to make a top 5 on this subject as there are too many "Big Debuts" to list just one.

5.The Countdown To Y2J. I was a Jericho fan going way back to his days in ECW. So when he showed up on WWE television to interrupt The Rock's promo I went crazy. The way they set this up with the Countdown Clock was absolutely perfect. This was one of the most shocking moments in professional wrestling and one of the Biggest Debuts ever.

4."I'm your Olympic Gold Medalist." This one didnt start out very big but it turned into one of the best debuts ever. Kurt Angle's rise to the top was very fast. he accomplished more in one year than most people do in their entire career. He won both the Intercontinental and European title within months of his arrival. Went on to have a great 3-way match with Benoit and Jericho at his first Wrestlemania. Then he went on to win the King Of The Ring. Then to top it all off he wins the WWE title in October at No Mercy. Great Debut with a phenomenal Rookie year.

3."Here Comes The Pain." Brock Lesnar without a doubt had one of the most explosive debuts ever. He went from destroying The Hardy's. Then went on to win King Of the Ring. Then went on to become the youngest WWE champion ever, and if im not mistaken at 5 months was one of the quickest rises to the top ever. Too bad he doesnt have it in him for the wrestling business anymore.

2.Flex Kavana??? When this guy made his debut nobody knew the impact he would have on the sports entertainment business. 7 Time WWE Champ, 2 time WCW champ, 2 Time I-C Champ, 5 Time WWE Tag Team Champ, Royal Rumble Winner. That alone reeks of awesomeness. Flex Kavana the man who would go on to become The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment AKA The Rock. Top 5 all time on the Mic and Millions of fans around the world leads to one of the Biggest Debuts in History.

1.Austin 3:16. That alone tells the story of the biggest thing since Hulk Hogan. Stone Cold put wrestling back on the map. With numerous titles held, the McMahon/Austin rivalry and many other legendary encounters in his time as a wrestler makes this The Biggest Debut in wrestling history. I don't know how else to describe it. The name let alone tells you the story.

Honorable Mention goes to. The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, "Evil Chairman" Vince McMahon, "HBK" Shawn Michaels, Kane. and Eric Bischoff

the BIGGEST debut ever was.....Chris jericho. he had a big following in WCW but has never been used as he should. He was the greatest wrestler/comedian in WCW. Skits and promos , jericho rocked. Chris has nnot been used that way in WWE

the BIGGEST debut ever was.....Chris jericho. he had a big following in WCW but has never been used as he should. He was the greatest wrestler/comedian in WCW. Skits and promos , jericho rocked. Chris has nnot been used that way in WWE

The biggest debut in WWE history could have been Y2J, if it wasn't for the fact that he got owned by The Rock in the matter of minutes. That discounts him, not to mention the fact that it wasn't really a surprise, which is why again I will state that the biggest debut in WWE history was Eric Bischoff, Why?

This is the guy who almost took WWE/WWF down, during the Monday Night Wars he was beating Vince McMahon, he announced WWF/WWE results on the beginning of each show, he did everything he could to try to take down WWE/WWF, there is no way he would ever work for WWE, would he? Then it was the night that the new GM of Raw was to be announced, there were rumblings on who it would be, Shane McMahon seemed like the obvious option, it had to be him. Then we are backstage in an interview with Booker T, mid interview, he looks over shocked, "Tell me I did not just see that," I believe he said. Then it was time, Vince McMahon comes out, then the music hits, "I'm Back" and Eric Bischoff comes out to the shock of everyone, it couldn't be. Then hiim and McMahon embraced, they showed each other respect, WOW, this is unbelievable!

There you go, that is a description of what happened the night he came to the WWE, your telling me that Y2J's WWE Debut was bigger, sorry but no. This was actually a surprise to almost everybody, something nobody saw coming, which is why it was the biggest debut in WWE history.

Personally,

I think the biggest debut in WWE history was the debut of the Mr McMahon character. Think about it, the night after the biggest and most appalling shock the industry, millions tune in to see the aftermath, what Vince has to say about it and in that very moment, created a character that pretty much began the whole Attitude era, where the WWE was at its peak IMO.

I can't even imagine what would have happened in the WWE had Vince not done that interview

i have a lot of these theres jerichos which was amazing and super electric john cenas where they had him stand up to angle and for once he had a pretty good match but my favorite would have to be goldbergs it was great im a big goldberg fan and when his music hit i nearly jumped off my bed i loved it

To me the biggest debut in wwe history WAS Kane because it was the first ever HIAC another reason why is because Taker vs HBK was a #1 contenders match and after shawn won the next month was SS97 the place where the infamous "montreal screwjob" happened so if kane never debuted when he did there would be no Screwjob.

I would have to go with Kane during the Bad Blood (In Your House) PPV. It came during the first (ever) Hell In A Cell match Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. I will never forget the look on Undertakers face, seemed pretty genuinely surprised (though sure he wasn't) That debut will always stick out in my mind the most. Not to mention the match itself was AMAZING.

Id have to agree. Kanes debut was aweome. Think about it, he didnt have a brilliant run frfom 95-end of 96 to early 97 as Isaac Yankemm, DDS and the Fake Diesel so when they re-packaged him as Kane and had him interfere in Undertaker Vs HBK match at Badd Blood 97 was great, especially the way they did it, him ripping off the cage door and al and ocsting Undertsker the title, it set up for a great feud and set up some really good storylines between the two.

To me the biggest debut in wwe history WAS Kane because it was the first ever HIAC another reason why is because Taker vs HBK was a #1 contenders match and after shawn won the next month was SS97 the place where the infamous "montreal screwjob" happened so if kane never debuted when he did there would be no Screwjob.

i couldn't agree with you more because we wouldn't have had the most contrivasal momment in sports entertainmant if it wasn't for kane.
But i also think there was only a hell in a cell to introduce kane as the big monster who is out to get revenge on his brother who thought that Kane was dead. Which then lead out to 1 othe biggest feuds in wwe history. Another reason this was good is that it had a story which you can always bring up in promos.

The second best debut has got to be chris jericho's so amazing how the millenuim clock suddenly stops and then the next thing you here is BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure class.

Id have to say Kane Because they promoted his debut for months with red lights, pyro and taker not knowing he was alive. Then Finlay he makes his debut with an Explosion and rips the cell door off its hinges then tombstones taker

Punk13

Chris Jericho definitly had the coolest debuet ever, his countdown clock was built up for months, and even tho most people figured it was jericho there was always a bit of doubt that made you really want to tune in and see just for sure. and then having him verbally spar with the rock was amazing. B.T.W. this is my first post, im brand spanking new to the forums, but will hopefully post alot more

hmmm i cant really think of the best per say, but stone cold coming in as "the ringmaster" at the king of the ring and completely devastating it with a easy but huge win over jake the snake roberts, which that night started the Austin 3:16 era ( he might have actually wrestled a night or two before i dont remember)... which eventually led to one of the greatest performers in wrestling history.

The answer to this question is simple.

:undertaker2: The Undertaker

Ted Dibiase had a plan. He picked a mystery partner for his Survivor Series team. A mystery partner that would forever rock the core of the WWF/E. That partner was The Undertaker. Taker came out and simply destroyed to opposing team. A team that had The Hart Foundation in it. Taker simply destroyed them, setting up an excellent debut.

Taker then went on to win the WWF Title from Hulk Hogan (the biggest star in the company at the time), and forever etch his name in the list of men that won the WWF Title. And since then, his near Two Decades of Destruction are infamous. The Undertaker is one of the greatest Superstars in the history of the WWF/E, and it all started at the 1990 Survivor Series.

come on people we all know what was the greatest debut off all time it was on december 31st 1999 were the great one was cutting his promo and jericho shows up and announces that raw is jericho and wasnt he right. It was good because the were no rumours like many debuts and it had a massive impact and everyone thought were are they going to go from here.

come on people we all know what was the greatest debut off all time it was on december 31st 1999 were the great one was cutting his promo and jericho shows up and announces that raw is jericho and wasnt he right. It was good because the were no rumours like many debuts and it had a massive impact and everyone thought were are they going to go from here.
The only problem with that is that it wasn't on December 31st. It was on August 9th. And while I agree that Jericho had an excellent debut, I still think that it shadows in comparison to the impact that The Undertaker has had on the WWF/E. Jericho is the first-ever Undistputed Champion, so that counts for something, though.

For me it was seeing Chris Benoit, Eddie, Saturn, and Malenko coming to the WWF. That was awesome and there potential for the WWF at the time had no limits! Course as the years went by they did nothing with Dean Malenko who was friggin awesome. But Benoit and Eddie did get descent pushes but i always though they deserved wayyy more! Anyways yea what i stated there and Jericho making an awesome surprise appearance while the Rock was babbeling away haha!!

The only problem with that is that it wasn't on December 31st. It was on August 9th. And while I agree that Jericho had an excellent debut, I still think that it shadows in comparison to the impact that The Undertaker has had on the WWF/E. Jericho is the first-ever Undistputed Champion, so that counts for something, though.

You sure it was not at the end of December of 99? Cause if i remember right Jericho debuted right when the year was gonna be 2000 thus being called Y2J. But i could be wrong but i swear it was the end of December?

Jericho debuted right before Summerslam '99.

Taker's debut would have to be a great mention, destroying an entire SS team in his first (WWE) match, but what about Carlito eh? Won the United States title in his first match. Won the IC belt on his debut match on Raw (as did Santino). Ok so creative have wasted his talent since then, but that's still an awesome debut.

Yeah the whole * Carlito Carribean Cool* lil videos during raw n smackdown amused me lol i thought i was pretty awesome, couldn't wait for the guy to come.. but yeah they suree did ruin his talent.

But Taker's debut i thought was amazing, Kane's too. Can't possibly beat them 2 in my opinion, Kane comin in and interfering the 1st ever hell in a cell, causing his *big bro* taker a shot at the title and starting probably one of if not THE best feud in the WWE history between them 2.

Hands down Chris Jericho, i love the way that debut worked out that night from how he interupted the rock, to the huge crowd pop he recieved. As soon as i saw this thread jericho immediatley came to my mind but i didnt think so many other people would have said Jericho as well. He came into the WWF and immediatley became a big name in the buissness big part due to how tremendous his debut worked out.

For myself, personally, it would have to be Eric Bischoff. He was the ABSOLUTE last person I expected to see at any WWE event. He made a career out of trying to destroy, humiliate, and pound Vince into the ground with Ted Turners millions of dollars. So a few years go buy, Vince comes on nitro, and Shane pops on, buys WCW, and a few months later, Bischoff is announced as the new raw GM. So, that to me would have to be the biggest raw debut for a non-wrestler.

While some may disagree, I believe that the biggest match debut has to go to Cena. Kurt Angle was really over as a heel when Cena debuted and the kid pushed Angle to the limit. Sure, I may be one of the few that don't dislike him now after his long reign, but you could tell from his debut that Cena had big things in his future. In less than 7 years, Cena is a 3-time WWE Champion for over 1000 days combined, a 3-time U.S. champion and a former World Tag Champion. Cena has reached a realm of sports entertainment that only Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK, Taker and (woo!) Ric Flair have reached. And it all began with two words "RUTHLESS..........AGGRESSION!!!!"

Brock Lesnar... hands down. The guy just comes out of nowhere and demolishes Maven, Al Snow and Spike Dudley and like V4E said... he did get the belt in like 6months of making his debut. And that was while they were only using the WWF Undisputed belt... no contest.

I gotta agree with you there man, although Bischoff's debut really po'd me and still bothers me to this day, he should have never been in WWE.

For me Jericho had the greatest debut in WWE history, it was impactful, original and very refreshing to see WWE giving a WCW star a real push and the surprise of it will never be recreated because of the current "Spoiler culture", won't soon forget that.

Goldberg's debut shocked me because JR said "We knew Goldberg was coming" but I don't recall any promos or vignettes before he debuted, am I wrong?

:taijiri:

I must disagree that bischoff shouldnt have been in the WWE
Yes he is an evil man. Over uses his power but knows how to entertain a crowd and make good matches.This is the guy that made the Money in the Bank ladder match this is the guy who made the elimination chamber match this is the guy who invented the raw roulette this is the guy who gave us HLA (hot lesbian action) so to me he may have been evil but he is a genius and probably the best GM of all time (besides teddy longe)!!!

While his time in WWE was awful, I have to go with Goldberg. He was arguably the biggest ex WCW star to not appear in WWE yet, other than Sting, and he was thrown in right off the bat with the Rock, one of the biggest names in the history of the company. That was the first Raw I'd missed in years, and I read about it here at WZ, and was actually suprised at it. He was a bad wrestler, awful on the mic and an overall dissappointment, but he was still a draw and a huge star from his old company, so to see him get thrown in the middle on Raw with a superstar to me stands out as big.

Not saying it was the best, but Big Shows debut was pretty cool when he ripped the cage door right off in the Austin/McMahon match at St.Valatines Day Massacare, then throwed Austin through the side of the cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back