• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest debut on WWE History?

Chris Jericho, because even though many knew he was coming, that pop was huge and no one had a easier ride to WWE stardom like Jericho. I mean the WWE has tried to bring that hype for another wrestler, but it has yet to happen. That was the best debut ever and no one can compare the the countdown.

Agreed, this is the ladder of what debuts in wrestling should be like. I also enjoyed Lance Storm's in WCW, where he came out of the crowd and springboard dropkicked three count and the crowd erupted into "ECW" chants.

Agreed, this is the ladder of what debuts in wrestling should be like. I also enjoyed Lance Storm's in WCW, where he came out of the crowd and springboard dropkicked three count and the crowd erupted into "ECW" chants.

Lace Storm WCW & WWE debut were both great and the same in someways, but no ever had the hype of a debut like Jericho in which everyone wanted to see him. I mean the countdown was cool to see each week and went it 00, and out came Jericho to the big pop for his moments in the WWE to be with the rock and those moments being on ethe greatest in WWE history proves that he had the greatest debut ever.

Yeah, I must agree with a few others here...absolutely the eric bischoff debut on RAW was the biggest impact. The combo with booker T saying 'tell me....I didn't just see that' and the Vince McMahon hug. Where the hell is ron simmons when you need him, cuz, DAMN!!!!

ive been watching wwe for a long while, and i will have to say i think the best debut would probably have to be between tazz and lex lurger. ok well there not that outstanding like some of the wrestlers yall chose, but tazz waz like a big hit for the wwe, when he first came, he was a fan favorite etc. and lex lurger, was crazy good when he debuted, putting people out wit that forearm. btw runner up next to those guys is none other than Kurt angle (forgotten about him) :(

Kane. He debuted in the greatest match of all time, and proceeded to be involved in the greatest feud and storyline of all time. Amazing debut and he was immediately over thanks to him obliterating The Undertaker.

Kane, hands down. This was a well thought out storyline that wasn't rushed for success. This storyline started in June or July of 1997, and we didn't even see the guy debut until October, and that was for a few seconds to destroy the Undertaker, who had destroyed Shawn Michaels in the Cell. The Undertaker just went through a grueling match with Michaels and was pretty much unscathed, and outcomes Kane, destroys him in under ten seconds, that's a statement.

kane back in 1997 im sure thats the biggest 1 i mean they builed him up in the taker storyline he gotta be the biggest 1..but that save us 222 thing was really good..but i say kane 4 sure

I would Say Cena With the ruthless agression Storyline was pretty impressive didnt he beat Angle And Jericho In a matter of weeks ??? thats pretty good he sucks now though lol

I would have to go with Kane during the Bad Blood (In Your House) PPV. It came during the first (ever) Hell In A Cell match Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. I will never forget the look on Undertakers face, seemed pretty genuinely surprised (though sure he wasn't) That debut will always stick out in my mind the most. Not to mention the match itself was AMAZING.

I whole heartedly agree, it was huge and he remained huge for over a year after! Kanes entrance was incredible, it was part of oneof the biggest matches of all time, it was the start of one of the biggest rivalries of all time and it was the birth of a prolific champion and loyal WWE resident. Cant say fairer than that

eric bischoff hands down ....ppl like lesnAr umaga y2j werent a shockk but holy jesus eric bischoff is the man that was so close 2 killing the wwf and vince gave him a job!

Lesnars debut was big but because he was relatively unknown to most in Pro wrestling unless you knew of his amature backround not as big a debut as Goldbergs was since he already has the name in the business. Umaga's debut was as big as either guy but his impact arguably bigger than either he has owned every body. Only time he loses is when someone else is about to get a title or title shot. It is only a matter of time befor he has the title and then everyone is in trouble cause he is just devastating in the ring nobody does moves as powerful as Umaga.

Chris Jericho, it was expected but nonetheless the reaction was far greater than managed by just about anyone else since 10 years. He still has it made in history as the first undisputed champion because he had that much momentum for WWE to run with him.

I would Say Cena With the ruthless agression Storyline was pretty impressive didnt he beat Angle And Jericho In a matter of weeks ??? thats pretty good he sucks now though lol

I don't recall Cena being so over or seem to have much destined for him in his beginnings in WWE as say Kane or Brock Lesnar who made a sudden impact [TNA ref. not intended]. Of course he went over JBL, but he was champion for so long anyways.

Most Shocking Debut would have to be Eric Bischoff why? because nobody ever expected him to show up. we all thought he was done with the wrestling business but when he showed up on Raw that one day I dropped my jaw.

Biggest Debut would have to go to the one the only....... GOLDBERG!!!! yes Goldberg why? because everybody knew it was only a matter of time before he signed with the WWF/E after WCW was sold.

I wanted to go with Eric Bichoff, by my intellectual counterpart Mr. Norcal beat me to it. That's fine, I have a backup.

The Undertaker.

At the Survivor Series, we hear about this mystery partner. Blah blah blah. Fans usually assume a myster partner is someone they know who is either making a re-turn or a heel-turn. Not this time. No, this time it was a brand new guy, frighteningly large and dark, who came to the ring and systematically stalked and choked everybody in the ring. Impervious to pain. Moving in slow motion but elliciting fear from the children at ring side. He was like a serial killer.

That day set into motion what is termed nearly two decades of destruction, and one of the longest running single characters with one company in wrestling history. And THAT debut, lacking all the fanfare of the Jerichos and shock of the Bichoffs and anticipation of the Kane's, was awesome.

I would agree with you fully if it weren't during a time when using a "mystery partener" angle wasn't being used left and right. And while you are right about the decade of destruction that followed, it's not hard for a 7 foot big man to get over initially n a debut. But dude, I am with you 110%, but let me run something else up the flag pole and see what you think.

Now it seemed to be the norm that whenever MAJOR former WCW characters made debuts in WWE, it was always a shocker and a special occasion. You saw the shock when Goldberg came. You ever say that when the NWO made their debuts and when Xpac came back. Hell, even Jericho and he Big Show seemed to turn heads when they came to WWE tv. But no man ever has debuted not once but twice with the impact each time like just one man.

And that man is Ric "Woo" Flair!

Back in 1991 in the WWF, he suddenly showed up on WWF tv with balls of brass and the NWA World title around his waist. I mean the man made history by being bold enough to pull off a move like this and shocked the world in the process. It was something that had never been seen and began one of the best years of Ric Flairs career by getting right up in Hogans face and calling himself the "Real World Champion".

And the man did it again when he debuted in the WWE the night after Shane and Stephanie McMahon's WCW/ECW faction had been defeated and decimated. The show was closing and the night had been won by Mr. McMahon when a familiar tune played and the crowd went wild. It was The Natecha Bowey! He walked down that isle and accounced himself as having been the man who bought Shane and Stephanie's shares of WWE stock and was now the half owner. Everyone's jaws dropped and they cheered wildly as Mr. McMahon quickly shifted from being the face owener with two ungrateful and greedy children to being the heel half owner who now had to deal with Ric Flair stylin and profilin his way from one side of the ring to the other.

Now tell me that you can't agree with that. I dare ya. lol

I would have to go with Eric Bischoff because nobody expected it. A number of the people previously stated were expected, they were not surprises. This was one that nobody saw coming, that man that took WWE to the brink, almost beat them, now working for WWE was a shock, which is why it was the biggest debut. Booker T saying tell me I did not just see that when he saw Bischoff, was classic.

The greatest ever was Chris Jericho and the Countdown, I mean tht pop was incredible for a man who never left the mid-card level in WCW and on his first night in the WWE, he gets a Rock type pop. Plus the promo he gave is still one the best and many of the lines are still heard today.

But the biggest debut has to be The Undertaker, Many might not remember, but Take was an overnight sensation and he one the belt about a year into his debut in the WWE. I mean the guy got over big time.

Second would be the NWO debuting at No Way Out, even though the Vince raped the NWO in the storylines, that was a night hell really frooze over as Hogan, Hall & Nash in black & white in a WWE ring and plus the fact Hogan was back was the big deal after all the things Vince said about Hogan and Hogan said about Vince. It was great just to see the nostalga.

Yeah the dude that pick Ric Flair!Flairs was the biggest cuz I didnt have a cpu at the time n he shows up on WWF with the NWA World Title!He owns the belt n did it cuz he aint sign n new contract wit NWA who become WCW when he left.I remember Vince,Savage n Heenan wait Gorilla too all kept sayning Real World Champion be4 all the wars.WWF started it first!!Y2J I knew he was coming yeah I do remember him interrupting the Great One!Funny!Goldberg fuck him!Takers was kool because I was scared too,Kanes too.

The Undertaker, he destroyed everybody upon his debut winning the WWF championship in less than a year and went undefeated for 1 year.

have to give a nod here to mr kennedys first appearence, noone knew him yet he came down like he owned the place, and by the end of the match he did. for baing a complete unknown he sure got me wantin to see him the next week.... go kennedy, charisma personified.

ps. takers still ruled!

Kane had a pretty good debut in the WWE. Interfering in "his brothers" match to cost him a shot for the WWF Title. He was an unstoppable beast his first few years with the company before being unmasked. Y2J also had a pretty good debut by interviewing during a Rock promo. Those would be my top 2.

Kane as mentioned above was great, he was instantly the most interesting character in wwf at the time for a while.
Y2Js first one was good, i think the rock helped a lot in making it so memorable.
More recently I thought MVP had an awesome debut for not really having a significant history before that, played perfect with his gimmick right away.

simple....the first time Raw was Jericho....Y2Js firt time in WWE was great. His Debut cutting off the Rock was awsome... WWE didn't use him right when he got in, but the build up, the clock, count down everything worked out great.

While the debut itself wasn't anything special, I'd have to say the overall rookie season of both Kurt Angle & Brock Lesnar were outstanding.

Brock Lesnar: Upon his debut, he destroyed Al Snow. Nothing overly exciting there. He went weeks and weeks in destroying nobodys and has beens before finally having a Tag Team (handicap) match against the Hardyz. But when you look beyond that, he then took the King of the Ring tournament, and holds an unofficial victory over Steve Austin. (for those who knew the story on why Austin left - partly because he refused to job to Lesnar)

He then goes on to Summerslam of that year (2002) and defeats the Rock, almost squashes him. While that was a given, the feud that was really impressive was that of him against The Undertaker. In which he basically never lost to Taker, ever. The only loss he had (to my knowledge) was a screw job loss to the Big Show, at Survivor Series. He then went on to win the Royal Rumble (2003) and finally to Wrestlemania, to end out his year, by becoming the W.W.E. Champion. I'd say that was a pretty impressive first year.

Great tread idea. Here would be my top 5-

5. Kane- He turned up in one of the all time great matches. The way he destryoed Taker was amazing!

4. X-Pac- When HHH cut the promo about looking to your friends and then- X-Pac shows up HHH's promo did it for me- rocketed DX to the top of the wrestling world.

3. Goldberg- Everyone knew he would turn up one day and it was just after W/M 19. For me it was just surreal.

2. Eric Bischoff- Hugging Vince just sold it for me. You where like WTF?????? He openly said he wanted WWE to die and he was hugging Vince.

1. The first coming of Y2J Chris Jericho- I watched Nitro and RAW and suddenly he disappeared from Nitro- which is fair enough and the you had the countdown clock on RAW and BAAAAM it was him. He interrupted The Rock on The Rock's show. Had not been for his debut he would just be another small guy in the WWE mid-card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back