• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Young Talent Finisher

Best Finisher from WWE wrestler debuting from 2008-2010

• Wasteland

• 450 Degree Splash

• Air Bourne

• Sheffield's Clothesline

• Bicycle Kick

• You're Dismissed

• Sharpshooter

• McIntyre DDT

• SwaggerBomb

• Warrior's Way

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

enterkey

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I was sitting around reading the worst finisher from the past decade page for the umpteenth time when something hit me, what would the best finisher out of all the young wrestlers that have debuted in the past 2 years in the WWE? These past 2 years have seen many great wrestlers debut, Bourne, Sheamus, Nexus, NXT part 2, random FCW call ups, etc. So the question to everyone here is simple, what finisher from a debuting WWE wrestler (2008-2010) is in your eyes the best (most exciting, devastating, cool, etc)?

I have been extremely impressed by Alex Riley's Fireman Carry Cutter which I think they have been calling "You're Dismissed." This move has great power, class, ability to make people mark out if booked properly, and its not your average "the RKO looks better than this crap" cutter. Alex Riley has been one of the few reasons for me to tune into NXT this season, hell his promo skills alone do it for me, but when he gets in the ring and hits the move it makes me mark out. It is a sick move plain and simple and even though it lacks the surprise of the RKO it still is damn entertaining to watch.

There are a few that I like.

My favourite is probably Jack Swaggers Gutwrench Powerbomb, I think it is a really cool looking and powerful move.

I also like Justin Gabriels 450 splash that move it just a thing of beauty

Finally I like Darren Youngss finisher, the Full nelson lifted and twisted into a flapjack, I'm not really sure why I like this move as I dont particularly like Darren Young or anything but I guess the move just looks cool.

I kinda like Kofi's SOS. I'm sure it's not entirely original, but he pulls it off in the blink of an eye. Idk why, but it always impresses me.

Justin Gabriel's 450 Splash is pretty awesome too. Still needs to work out a few kinks, like not sitting on the top rope for 5 mins before doing it, but its still pretty impressive.

Of the choices in the poll, I'd go with the Air Bourne. I think it's better than the 450, although both are cool. If Sheamus used the kick as his finisher, I would vote for that. But he also tries to use the Razor's Edge, or whatever he calls it. He should stick with the kick-it's much more violent & powerful.

Justin Gabriel's 450 Splash is pretty awesome too. Still needs to work out a few kinks, like not sitting on the top rope for 5 mins before doing it, but its still pretty impressive.

Think about how much concentration must go into a move like that though, he has to get just enough rotation to do 1 and a quarter turns in the air while trying to stay on target and not injure yourself or the opponent, it has to be nerve racking for a rookie when he's doing it in front of thousands of people. Even the best wrestlers have trouble with moves that involve spins in the air, Brock broke his neck at Wrestlemania doing the SSP, Jericho got scared shitless the first and only time he attempted one, and Billy Kidman injured Chavo when he performed an SSP. Sure all the examples I gave were for Bourne's finisher but they go through similar motions and require the same amount of concentration so anyone can be justifiably hesitant when they do it.

450 I have always been of a fan of I also like the reverse powerslam Michaels tarver used to eliminated somebody 2 weeks ago on RAw. It has a nice snap to it. Also what is Your Dismissed?

450 I have always been of a fan of I also like the reverse powerslam Michaels tarver used to eliminated somebody 2 weeks ago on RAw. It has a nice snap to it. Also what is Your Dismissed?

You're Dismissed is the Fireman's Carry Cutter that Alex Riley does on NXT, think GTS meets the RKO in a way. I saw Tarver's reverse powerslam for the first time the other week and I agree that it is pretty badass, he does it with the power and intensity that Otunga has been greatly lacking with the weak ass spinebuster.

Of the choices in the poll, I'd go with the Air Bourne. I think it's better than the 450, although both are cool. If Sheamus used the kick as his finisher, I would vote for that. But he also tries to use the Razor's Edge, or whatever he calls it. He should stick with the kick-it's much more violent & powerful.

Out of all the matches I have seen Sheamus wrestle in except for the Goldust squash match I have seen him end it with the Bicycle Kick so to me that is his top finisher. The cross powerbomb he did was great as well, Sheamus as a whole has impressed me greatly and I didn't even know who he was before his first World Title reign.

You're Dismissed is the Fireman's Carry Cutter that Alex Riley does on NXT, think GTS meets the RKO in a way. I saw Tarver's reverse powerslam for the first time the other week and I agree that it is pretty badass, he does it with the power and intensity that Otunga has been greatly lacking with the weak ass spinebuster.

Out of all the matches I have seen Sheamus wrestle in except for the Goldust squash match I have seen him end it with the Bicycle Kick so to me that is his top finisher. The cross powerbomb he did was great as well, Sheamus as a whole has impressed me greatly and I didn't even know who he was before his first World Title reign.
I don't like Your Dismissed for the simple fact he stole it from ODB.

"You're Dismissed" is a TKO, it's been around for years & many people have done it before him & much better too!!! My favourite finisher has now appeared too cease being used, & it was Sheamus' uranage backbreaker. It was original, unique & it looked like it would fuck you up in a baaaaaad way! The "Brogue" Kick is always a good finisher as it's high impact, can be hit easily & could legitimately do you in, but his Razors Edge/Awesome Bomb comb is shit! Special mention goes to MacIntyres DDT for the little unique twist he puts on it

Air Bourne does it for me. It was close just beating out the 450 Splash. It's just so hard to pull off. Come on, just flipping in midair, and landing perfectly on your opponent is just a thing of beauty.

i hate it when rookie rip off someone elses move. of corse it happens all the time but moves that people remember like the razor edge, shooting star, 450 splash, gut wrench power bomb. if i had to choose best finisher it would have to be dolph ziggler zig zag. its diffrent and never been done in wwe

I think you may have missed the entire point. If you recall watching him the 450 during NXT, he could do it with little hesitation. The long pause is one of the subtle changes to his character since he transitioned from fun-loving to Nexus. He's brooding, contemplative, taking in the moment before delivering the awesome splash which invariably ends a Nexus beatdown.

Needless to say, it got my vote.

The "your dissmissed" aka TKO was also done by DDP that man hit the Diamond Cutter from almost every single position possible

On subject though no finisher really just blows me away since teds dream street, but if I had to pick one I guess id go with the Gut Wrench powerbomb, powerful and cool to watch

the Air Bourne Has My Vote, Like You Said Enterkey, the amount of concentration to pull of such an exciting move and do it at near perfection has to be astronomical, goes to show how professional these superstars are, they dont get paid big money for nothing!

I like Sheamus's Bicycle Kick because he can come out of nowhere with it. I think it's on the same level as Sweet Chin Music...

Oh and didn't Test use the TKO too?

Ok i cant belive nobody has metioned this yet and its one of my favorites at the moment its Kaval's Warriors Way. Think about it an opponent laying on the mat...and kaval climbs the top rope and jumping using all your force and both feet stomping your opponent... simple but effective

I know he been using the that clothesline lately as his finishing move in Nexus. But I liked Sheffield's other finisher, the Over The Shoulder Boulder Holder, which was a backpack stunner. I only saw it once when he used it in one of his matches in the first season of NXT but I thought it was amazing, just resting the guy in the piggyback position and just dropping down in a stunner.

Air Bourne is really exciting to see, and you hope for it every time Evan is in the ring. It takes a great amount of ability, and is AWESOME when it's countered.

Trouble in Paradise is pretty sweet, because Kofi can hit it out of nowhere, and even if he doesn't it looks wicked.

I'm a big fan of Miz's Skull Crushing finale. It's not pretty, but it's effective.

Kofi Kingston's SOS is one of the craziest finishers out there today (even if it's almost never used).

JoMo's Starship Pain is a really cool concept, unfortunately he misses almost every single time. It's not that he botches it, it's just that if you're paying attention you can clearly see him hitting the mat with the majority of his body and just barely dropping the elbow where he needs it to be. It could be one of the best moves out there, but because I'm always looking for it to miss, I don't ever really enjoy it.

I think Wade Barrett's finisher is the best on that list. The guy is 6'7"ish. He is a tall mofo! So, having a straight drop from his shoulders, especially the way he swings back to build momentum, must hurt. Heck, how many times have we seen people get pushed off the apron and sell it like they got shot?

I know a lot of people don't like the move, but hey. I can't think of one thing Wade does that isn't like awesome.

i voted McIntyre DDT.............it may not be as flashy as the others already mentioned but it works with EVERYONE.............. and it does look devastating.........he can take from evan bourne to the big show with that move....

As much as I don't want to use it, as he isn't a young talent at all and he has been using the finisher for years when he wrestled in other places, Low-Ki (Kaval) and The Warrior's Way is devastating.

It is easily one of the better moves I have ever seen as a finisher. I love that. It can be used in a variety of ways and I remember the first time I ever saw him use it, when he was in TNA as Senshi, my jaw just hit the floor. I was thinking "How in the heck did he just use that and not injure his opponet?" It is just so stiff and devastating, plus a realistic way to put someone down for a three count. It is definitley one of the best finsihing moves today overall, not just for young talent.

450 Spash, Wastelands, Zig Zag, and Brogue Kick get honorable mentions.

I really like Sheamus' kick. Comes out of nowhere and looks like it hurts. I was also very impressed with the move Darren Young used to eliminate somebody a couple weeks back, starts as a full nelson and ends as something that looked sweet. And of course, nobody can deny the awesomeness of Gabriels 450 splash.

Think about how much concentration must go into a move like that though, he has to get just enough rotation to do 1 and a quarter turns in the air while trying to stay on target and not injure yourself or the opponent, it has to be nerve racking for a rookie when he's doing it in front of thousands of people. Even the best wrestlers have trouble with moves that involve spins in the air, Brock broke his neck at Wrestlemania doing the SSP, Jericho got scared shitless the first and only time he attempted one, and Billy Kidman injured Chavo when he performed an SSP. Sure all the examples I gave were for Bourne's finisher but they go through similar motions and require the same amount of concentration so anyone can be justifiably hesitant when they do it.

yeah but he has been doing the 450 splash for years in the indies so it should be easy for him. The 450 is my favorite. but i like alot of the young wrestlers moves.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I would be scared sh*tless each time I did it too. It is a very risky move, and the fact that he does it so gracefully is beyond impressive. It's one of the reasons I wanted him to win NXT during season 1. I'm just saying he might want to speed things up a bit in the future. He isn't always going to have the Nexus there making sure his opponet stays down for it, and the longer he stalls, the less believable the match becomes.

Now, if he just had some sort of devestating signature move that would set him up for the 450, it'd be perfect...

Warriors Way. It's a move that, as long as they aren't pulling him off the ropes, Kaval can hit on anybody, in almost any position. Sure, you may not be able to reverse it into an RKO, like Air Bourne, but it seems much more devastating. It also does NOT look like he's breaking 3 of his own ribs just finishing his opponent. Kaval executes it perfectly, and it's worth watching NXT just to see him perform, and hopefully, hit Warriors Way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back