Best Worst Gimmick Wrestlers

ScruffDog

Pre-Show Stalwart
So I have been watching a lot of Chikara lately, by the way best indy wrestling, and saw a very entertaining wrestler. His name is Dragon Dragon.

[YOUTUBE]Vz_I9mnpNPo[/YOUTUBE]

Yes it is guy wrestling in basically a Barney Suit.

I am a big fan of gimmick wrestlers. What I want to know is what the Best Worst Gimmick Wrestlers are. Gimmick Wrestlers that are just so bad, so over the top, you just can't help but to love them.

I instantly knew who I wanted to put here when I read this thread. The man, the myth, the legend himself....

[YOUTUBE]OknYjUQc0ww[/YOUTUBE]

Gillberg is without a doubt one of the best, worst gimmicks in the history of wrestling!! It was a great way of capitalizing on Goldbergs success and giving the fans something funny to watch out. Between the fire extinguishers and the sparklers...still gives me goose bumps.

Not that I was a fan of the guy but you gotta give the Honkey Tonk Man a lot of credit. He was so bad but he did get over with that stupid gimmick of his, he made it work.

[YOUTUBE]PB76JDo3nNE[/YOUTUBE]

In this thread you cannot fail to include one of the most legendary, iconic tag teams in modern day wrestling history, who were part of the 1st ever TNA PPV match....

THE FLYING ELVISES

As terrible as this gimmick was, it always made me laugh and in Sonny Siaki and Jimmy Yang, the Elvises had a pair of very talented wrestlers, who were always entertaining. The gimmick was never going to go anywhere though or have a long lifespan

Doink The Clown (Matt Borne version) - the day before Doink debuted in WWF if you told me there was going to be a guy dressed like a clown and he was going to be a badass I would've laughed at how stupid you could be (retrospectively of course, seeing as I was 11 or 12 when he debuted I probably would've thought it'd be an awesome idea anyway).

But he was a badass and he pulled it off.

Pity all the good-guy versions of Doink became so bad it's bad.

Not really a "bad" gimmick as such (just an absolutely ridiculous one-off thing I presume), but saw a match between a table and a ladder from some crazy Japanese "wrestling" organisation (I'm sure someone here knows exactly what I'm talking about).
Table won. Crowd went wild. It was awesome.

How could "The Undertaker" have not been perceived as a terrible gimmick when written on paper is beyond me. He was at first a "undead" wrestler. WWE was at a time when they were pushing the most absurd of gimmicks and the more realistic one's were the one's that were getting over. Then.. Here comes the most unrealistic one to date. The Undertaker! Who's power lay dormant in a freakin' urn even to this damn day. He burnt his family alive and hangs around with a mortician. If you read this stuff with no knowledge this would go on to be the most revered figure in the history of pro wrestling, you would call this stupid. Think about it. An undead man, who shoots lightning and has his life sealed in an urn, is the most recognizable, most respected and most devoted figure in the history of professional wrestling. He took a stupid idea and turned it into a legacy and cemented it in history. He is the best worst gimmick wrestler. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back