Best/Favorite Entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go with the Undertaker on this one. He was one of the first guys to have any production in their entrance. The gong struck and all the lights in the arena went out, then Taker (and Paul Bearer) made their way to the ring with a spotlight on them. Once on the ring steps, he'd slowly raise his arms and the lights would come on again. He amps it up for WrestleMania and other PPV's, too.

Even though he's not really a "WWF/E Superstar", I'll include the Sandman in this one. I went to many ECW shows back in the day and his entrance was great in its simplicity. Often, his entrance took longer than a lot of his matches.

Doink the Clown entrance music... funny then demonic! LOL

No, I have to go with the MACHO MAN back in the WWF days, Ooh yeah, DIG IT! Pomp and Circumstance. Perfect!

Modern Day era, I would have to go with the Y-2-J countdown. Standing in the entrance with his arms out was an excellent start to any match. I just wish he would have been #1 entrant in a Royal Rumble, that would have psyched the marked the crowd up big time.

All the truly great entrances are the ones that only take the first two seconds for the crowd to pop. Undertaker's Gong. Stone Cold's glass breaking. Kane's pyro. Rock's catchphrase. The opening notes of Cena, Flair, Angle, and Hogan.

One that hasn't been mentioned is Mankind. When the sound of the tires squeeling was heard the crowd exploded. Truly great!

Toss up between

Batista, both his face entrance (everything from the pyro to the turnbuckle poses fit with him and his gimmick), and his heel entrance with everything being black and him walking in the spotlight looked really cool.

and..

Triple HHH, His entrance is truely worthy of his mainevent status. Everything from his music to his walk to the ring, and his turnbuckle pose, which the crowd can copy and go along with, it all meshes well together.

But a personal favourite is the Velvet Sky and Beautiful People entrance for obvious reasons. ;)

I'm gonna have to go with the whole Stone Cold era, no matter which version of his theme song he came out to, the glass shattering was always a for sure way to know in an instant that somebody was either gonna get a stunner or get their ass kicked bad.

Also a big fan of the 2 Cool entrance/exit lol just the whole dance routine was hilarious. Was a fan of Jeff Hardy's glow in the dark face paint entrance he started doin when he got resigned to WWE.

And most definitely a fan of Mr. Anderson/Kennedy's entrance, dude has too much energy! lol mic skills on point make it even more entertaining. Road Dogg & Billy Gunn/New Age Outlaws entrance also a memorable one. the whole "ladies and gentlemen" bit was always a fan favorite.

I really dont know how any entrance could be more iconic or legendary than the Undertaker's entrances at WrestleMania.

My personal favorite probably goes to Shawn Michaels' entrance as a face in the 90's I was a huge fan of the showboating and the massive pop he'd get each time everybody LOVED him. If not Michaels I'd pick Jericho for the countdown it's creative and innovative; or I'd go with my sleeper pick - X-Pac. He had that it factor like HBK when he was in DX and very few people give him credit for being the first person to use the now legendary DX pyro as he does the chops in the ring. As a kid I'd always jump with him on the third chop I loved it

Definitely Sting at Starrcade 97
the thunder, the laser face, everything about it was amazing, dusty's commentary calling him the crown jewel of wcw, i had chills when i saw it, and then sting slowly comes out with no expression on his face.
it was just epic

Ric Flair, New Aged Outlaws, Stone Cold, Old School Hogan, TNA Kurt Angle, Undertaker, HHH, Hogan NWO, FreeBirds... Are all great...

But my favorite is The Road Warriors coming out to "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath... Hearing those first few notes and then seeing those monsters walk out with spiked shoulder pads, face paint, shaved heads, they were awesome...

I always liked Booker's entrance. From "Can you dig it Sucka" to the explosive fire pyro, I thought that entrance was cool.

As for Iconic, I can't really go past Undertaker's entrance

My favorite entrance is John Cena's WrestleMania 25 entrance. There had to be like 100 Cena look-a-likes & the reaction from King was hilarious. Cool to see the crowd's reaction plus I liked how they used Cena's old Basic Thuganomics theme before he came out to The Time is Now. I was shocked thinking he was going back tongue rapper gimmick but then he came out to his normal music.

There are so many great entrances. My all time favorite would probably have to be Carlito. I know that alot of you may think that I am crazy, but I just loved Carlito's entrance. "Ploooosh!.....I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool!"

Back in the day I would actually imitate Carlito's entrance or Titantron. I would fill my mouth up with water and spit it out trying to make the same noise that Carlito did. Haha! I was stupid.

The Undertaker, Kane, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Edge, and a few others have really good entrances as well.

Chris Masters even had a good entrance back in the day.

Oh and Booker T has to be mentioned because The "Can you Dig it Sucka" really gets me worked up.

THE SHOCKMASTER!!!

But seriously, my all-time favorite entrance to this day is Gangrel. I remember back when Warrior debuted in WCW... he cut one of his typical Warrior promos and bored me to changing the channel. I literally switched it right when Gangrel's entrance was starting. I just saw all red, and that ring of fire forming on stage, then finally Gangrel rising through to that awesome entrance theme of his. It blew my mind, and no matter what I've seen since then, that remains my favorite, and probably will always be.

My current favorite is Jack Swagger, mostly because I love his entrance theme. Other favorites are Booker T's WWE entrance, Chris Masters' heel entrance, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy: Version 1.0's internet entrance, Alberto Del Rio, Edge, Christian with his At Last theme, and the New World Order. I'm sure there's others, but that's all I can think of.

As far as iconic, even though I'm saddened to see what my childhood hero Hulk Hogan has become, I gotta go with his entrance. I've had the pleasure of being in the arena for it a few times. Absolute charisma.

I have so many but I try to choose by decades :
1. Early 1980's - Hulk Hogan - Eye of The Tiger
2. Late 1980's - Ultimate Warrior - one of the best high energy entrance of all time.
3. Early 1990's - HBK - How can you not love a entrance song that sings your own name.
4. Late 1990's - DX - "Are You Ready"
5. Early 2000's - Chris Jericho - Y2J Countdown Entrance
6. Late 2000's - Cryme Tyme -'' Brooklyn '' Brooklyn '' ( sorry but I'm a Brooklynite 4 Life )

my personal favourite is HBK's intro - The music, the lyrics, him dancing to the ring and doing his infamous pose in the ring, it's classic.

my other personal favourites are DX for their music and pyro and just seeing HHH and HBK come out together. Stone Cold, everytime I hear the glass shatter it brings chills, and the Rock always made a good entrance. I was also a big fan of Eddie Guerrero's entrance when he came out in a car with his lie, cheat and steal music, it was brilliant.

As far as all time great, it's a tie between Hogan and Taker. Hogan in his hey day coming out with his 'America' music and the red and yellow would have been amazing to see live. I've seen Undertaker's live and must say it brought chills to be there live when the lights go out and you hear the gongs, both legendary entrances.

as far as now goes, I love hearing Randy Orton's music when he comes out and I like Drew McIntyre's entrance and Morrison's.

Hulk Hogan - It didn't matter if the crowd just sat through 15 matches (most of which were garbage), when the start of Real American hit, the fans STILL managed to have enough energy to go bonkers for the man (I am, of course, referencing WM6). between 1984-1990, nobody got (and still don't get) the reactions Hogan got every time his music hit.

Undertaker - There is absolutely nothing more iconic than the sound of the gong. The attention this man gets during his entrance is surreal. One memorable example was when I was at SummerSlam 2004. During the Diva Dodgeball, pretty much everyone went for a smoke, to buy conessions or to the bathroom. But, when Taker's gong hit, everyone abruptly stopped what they were doing and went back to their seats. A personal favorite entrance of Taker's was WrestleMania XV. Taker wore the sickest outfit I have ever seen.

Kane - I don't think I have ever heard pyro quite as loud as Kane's. The stage pyro is loud enough but the ringpost pyro is absolutely ridiculous.

Chris Jericho - Like Kane's, Jericho's pyro was ridiculously loud c. 2008. But the combination of the countdown, the lights going out, the pyro, the music, and the pose make this one of the greatest entrances ever.

Gangrel/Brood - Same reasons as Ezekyo... Gangrel rising up through a ring of fire was spectacular combined with the eerie lighting and music. Sadly, this awesome entrance was wasted on someone who quickly became irrelevant in the WWE.

Boogeyman - Yet another wasted, kick-ass entrance. His wall of flames pyro was probably better than Kane's and his crawl through the pits of Hell was pretty cool too.

Triple H - Specifically, the time he was using My Time as his theme. The dark arena, the intense, multi-colored strobe lights... this entrance looked good on TV, but was off the charts in person.

Demolition - The greatest wrestling theme I have ever heard. That, and when Demolition got to the ring and removed those sick, black hockey masks to reveal multi-colored painted faces and red tongues, that was kick ass.

Sandman in ECW, drinks a six pack and finishes the song off.

Orton with the pyro and the "orton pose".

And of course, any fight with Jason " mayhem" miller!!!

Jericho's Y2J countdown entrance was always amazing. Just the sound of the numbers then the "You know a got ya', BREAK THE WALLS DOWNNNNN." This was always incredible and the way Jericho would stand on the stage was iconic.

My favorite themes ever though have to go with Kurt Angle, Sheamus, and Jerichos.

Something else to mention, I love some of the entrances that have an iconic and VERY recognizable opening such as Austin's glass breaking, "If Ya Smelllll....", Jerichos countdown, "I hear voices in my head," the gong, and "Time to play the gaaaaame." I love when these hit and the audiences goes apeshit, so legendary.

I have so many favorites.

Bigshow: I love the big shows theme song with the pyro. WELLLLLL IT'S THE BIGSHOW BOOM. He's a personal family favorite anyways.

Mr. Kennedy: Also another family favorite whe find ourselves doin his little announcing skit every once in a while.

JBL: The last family favorite. My dad was always a sucker for his theme song and limo entrance and gimmick in general so I've grown to like it too.

Kane: I used to love his theme songs before the one he has now. But the entrance is still cool with the pyro.

Chris Jericho: I like his entrance with the count down and the pyro. He still has the pyro but the countdown made his entrance better.

Booker T: Theme and pyro is just cool.

Boogeyman: I loved the red smoke, him hittin a clock over his head, the fire. Wanna my favorite gimmicks personally.

Batista: I love he came out like a beast with his pyro and his theme I walk alone fitted him well.

Now these are the iconic ones/my favorites are....

The Undertaker: One gong makes everybody go crazy. The lights go out, The theme song, the smoke, the fire, the slow walk, the trench coat, the hat. All these things tie in together to make his entrance iconic.

Shawn Michaels: Ince he got that theme song sexy boy it stuck. Every time I see it I smile because he's just great. He is truly a legend.

I may as well jump in and answer my own questions now, so here goes:

Personal Favorite:

Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) in ROH. Nothing more awesome than that man coming out and singing along to "The Final Countdown" with an ROH Crowd. I was very disappointed that he didn't get to keep that song in the WWE, but oh well.

Iconic Entrance:

A lot of people have said the Undertaker's or Shawn's, and I agree, but I'll just be a bit different and go with Sting's back in the WCW with the rafters, the whole atmosphere, the music - everything.

I am aware that in my OP I mentioned from WWF/E, but yeah, I'm going with non-WWE entrances...

The pure definition of epic has always been Misawa and Kobashi's entrances... nothing beats either of their theme music and how they enter an arena.

It just makes you feel as if a God is about to walk through the curtain every single time!

There are some amazing entrances in wrestling history

Undertaker

Possibly the most iconic of the all. The "gong", the smoke, the organ music, the slow way Taker walks to the ring, and the way the lights come on when he raises his hands. The pop he gets every time is awesome too.

Gangrel

Coming up through a ring of fire was completely unique, and a personal favourite of mine. Brilliant haunting music too.

nWo

Not as impressive live, but the screen turning black and white as the nWo made their way to the ring was always pretty damm cool to me.

The Rock

Nothing really special, but the pose on the turnbuckle, the "If Ya Smellllllll" and the instant crowd pop and Rocky strutted to the ring, eyebrow raised is legendary.

Sandman

On a smaller scale admittedly, but seeing Sandman come through the crowd, the connection he had with the fans and then busting himself open with a beer can was crazy. Definitely an iconic entrance.

Triple H

I love the lighting, the music and the intensity on The Game's face as he comes out. He has the unique water spraying from the ring apron and the HHH pose on the top rope is a classic wrestling taunt. It was so obvious that every smackdown vs raw game put far more effort into HHH's entrance than almost any other!

Hulk Hogan

The classic entrance. The most recognisable music of all time added to the HUGE crowd pop, the classic Hogan flexing and posing. I wish I had seen this live!

American Bad Ass Undertaker

A personal favourite. I loved the fact he rode a motorbike to the ring and I was a big fan of the Kid Rock/Limp Bizkit entrance music. Taker was so damm cool as the Biker. Great entrance.

Randy Orton

The arrogant pose on the ramp with the sparks falling around him fitted the character perfectly. I love the whole cockyness of the Orton character of this period and he was cool as hell with that pose. Plus he had a great theme song too. Definitely better than the Viper entrance today.

If I had to pick one though, I would say Gangrel. I fucking loved the ring of fire

I have to admit, Goldberg in the middle of the pyro is pretty cool to watch. you will laugh, but i always liked the boogeyman's enterance - him crawling out through the smoke, then the fire going off when he bashed the clock on his head. it was fun to watch even if he guy couldn't wrestle worth a damn.

There is only one answer. The 80's Hogan entrance is first and then everything else.

although Evil DOink, the Freebirds, and the Brood were impressive as well.

my perosnal favorite is when Natural Born Killaz hit, and you knew New Jack (and sometimes Mustafa) was gonna clean up house. I loved the fact that they ran that song through the whole match. I miss ECW.

Sandman One Night Stand 2005. Everyone sings along and sum guy whacks himself with the cane. Brock Lesnars music i like alot too. And Natural Born Killaz definitely!

I'm not even a MASSIVE Shawn Michaels fan but his entrance at Wrestlemania 14 was badass. He just has the aura of a fighting champion, the cockiness before he goes out, how he's flanked by HHH and Chyna. J.R. sell it really well about how he's the "greatest champion of all time folks" as if that's a pure fact. I may have over analysed this one entrance but I don't care, it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/HX2wHRpL1f0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back