• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best/Favorite Entrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylee

Occasional Pre-Show
What is your personal favorite entrance by a WWF/E superstar (from any time period), and why? Is it their entrance music? Some specific pyro?

and...

What is, again in your opinion, the most iconic entrance of all time? What's one that always comes to your mind when you think of "Wow" entrances?

I would have to say it's a tie between Hulk Hogan's and The Undertakers. I was lucky enough to have seen them both back in the day live and I can't honestly explain what the atmosphere is like when they come through that curtain. Whether it's the first couple of notes of "Real American" or the infamous gong, it's just an out of this world experience, something every true wrestling fan needs to experience at least once in their lifetime.

Taker's and Hogan's entrances hands down. Straight up endless pop the whole time. I've seen Austin live, Rock live, Cena live etc, nothing compares.

This is a toughie... I would love to have seen Kane in his masked prime make an entrance, in 2000 probably. His takes the cake for the "cool" factor. The music is dark and badass and the fact the "he makes" fire come from the ring posts was cool. Also the timing was great.
Attitude Era Undertaker with the ministry music was amazing. The WrestleMania 14 entrance was great.
Hogan's NWO entrance with the Hendrix music (I think its Hendrix, i don't know rock n roll that well) is one of a kind but I could imagine the atmosphere of face red and yellow Hogan with any crowd.
The magnitude of star power with the superstar has a LOT to do with it. For example The Rock in his prime with when the crowd hears "If ya SMEELLLLL" that's quite grand. He has pretty good music.
However I think my favorite is Chris Jericho. With the back to the arena at the entrance, one arm at a time. This is especially effective when he had the Undisputed Belts between Vengeance and WrestleMania, however at WrestleMania it was so bad because of the frickin pink sparkly jacket and green tights.

Hogan by miles.

Lots of guys have had great, great entrances (Flair, Taker, Stone Cold...) and others have had some that were popular that never did anything for me (Goldberg, Warrior...)

But nothing has ever compared to the sheer energy and eruption of Hogan's entrance in his prime. Every single person in that venue came to see that one man, and it showed. His music, his walk to the ring, his posing, all of that combine with the unmatched reaction from that crowd made his entrance the absolute pinnacle of what this business has seen.

First of all, I'd just like to point out that The Rock and Stone Cold basically have the same entrance, but that's neither here nor there.

As far as the best entrance? There aren't really THAT many people who have great entrances. I think The Undertaker's is def. the most memorable.

My personal favorite is HHH. Anyone who can spit all over themselves multiple times and have everyone in the arena thinking that its cool is pretty awesome.

Best pyro/pose to me would be WWE Kurt Angle. It just fit his character so perfectly.

Undertaker's IMO is the best of all time. The dark music, lights out, the smoke, occasionally the druids. It's simply the best ever.

My personal favorite is John Morrison's. I love the slo-mo and the pyro looks great. It just fits really well.

I like when Mysterio jumps from wherever he is and jumps high up

I like Brock Lesnar's and Bobby Lashey's, jumping to the ring

I like HBK praying intro, its unique as well

Road Doggg/New Age Outlaws/DX
So much crowd participation on the Road Dogg/NAO entrance. I love the DX pyro. Its funny how "suck it" has its own pyro.

Of all time, three stand out for me :

1) Bob Sapp v Great Muta (Tokyo Dome, 2004)

Bob's entrance, complete with dancing, feather boa and girls gyrating all around him to the tune of Madonna's "holiday" is one of the greatest and most hilarious entrances I have ever seen. Why on earth did Vinnie Mac not take a look at this and break the bank to sign him up, i'll never know. Who cares if he can't wrestle? Check it out on Youtube.

2) Chris Jericho v Gillberg (WCW Nitro, around 1997)

Hilarious parody of the Goldberg entrance, one of the funniest moments in wrestling. Getting lost backstage and the cheap pyro's were brilliantly written and one of the higher points in WCW history.

3) Ric Flair v Harley Race (NWA Starrcade, 1983)

The true arrival of Ric Flair on a global scale. The dark arena, the smoky atmosphere and the 2001 music blaring out. Although this was Flair's 2nd run as NWA champion, this was when he truly established himself as a world star.

Honorable mention to The Sandman in ECW also, great charisma and intensity and you can't go wrong with Metallica's Enter Sandman as a theme. Also, The Rock's recent comeback entrance will surely go down as one of the great ones (no pun intended).

My favourite entrances of all time are probably HBK's and Jericho's. It always looked great to me when Jericho appeared with his back to the crowd and his arms out. Used to get a big pop.

There's been a lot of iconic entrances down the years. Hogan's is an obvious one, as is Undertaker's. I've actually never personally liked Undertaker's as it's far too long for my taste. It is iconic though. Another less obvious iconic entrance was Goldberg's. The whole walk from the back thing was pretty cool and the security guards made him look big time. Also the whole standing in the sparks thing is really iconic.

I've just noticed someone suggested the Road Dogg/New Age Outlaws entrance. That's a great shout and it would definitely be in my favourites.

yea i have to admit Hogan's was the most energy back in the day and ppl would go nuts for it especially since it was rather rare too since Hulk only worked the MAJOR shows... i'm talking peak hogan although even later years when that real american hero hits it's the biggest pop ever.... Aside from this one though I'd say one of the best entrances and one of my favorites is Gangrel and the Brood... the music, the way they came up from under the stage like some demons out of hell.. it was just amazing and one of my favorite entrances of all time!

Doink the Clown (Heel 1993)

Trufully the last entrance that literally put children in fear.

[YOUTUBE]XE0CAFySImQ[/YOUTUBE]

Doink the Clown (Heel 1993)

Trufully the last entrance that literally put children in fear.

You literally beat me to it. This scared the life out of every child. Creepy as hell, and the way he goes from laughing to staring coldly at the camera was awesome.

Most iconic for me would have to be The Undertaker. Even now it still gives goosebumps. Although to be fair Goldberg, Warrior and Hogan all had awesome entrances.

Easy.

Shawn Michaels' entrance at Wrestlemania 12 for his Iron Man Match vs Bret Hart. It was unexpected and had people wondering where the hell he was. All of a sudden, here comes Shawn zip lining from the top of the building and the crowd was going nuts. Overall my favorite entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geY_1nzT3-w

My personal favorite is Stone cold, I just like the sound of the glass shattering it would and still does give me chills when I hear it cause you know someone is gonna get their ass kicked.

Another one I liked was Kurt Angles not so much for him or the music but because of how the crowd would chant you suck in tune with the music always cracked me up.

But as a kid I loved Hulk Hogans real american intro that always got me pumped up.

The Glass Shattering that begins the entrance of Stone Cold Steve Austin is the one that really gets me pumped.

I have always liked the beginning of Edge's entrance, "The You Think You Know Me" and then the smoke and music is pretty awesome.

Speaking of Edge, when he was with The Brood they had the best entrance I had seen in a long time.

Chris Jericho as Y2J had an very memorable entrance that stood apart as well. The count down, the music, and the way he started out with his back to the crowd all worked so well together.

I think AJ Styles has a really good entrance as well, his music is cool, the way he peaks out from under his hoodie, I think it works for him.

Mr Perfect, Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and The Ultimate Warrior all had pretty kick ass entrances as well.

Another one for me was the Road Warriors back in the NWA on saturday afternoons as soon as Iorn man would hit, now that would get me pumped the fuck up then they would come in and beat the fuck out of whoever was in the ring before the music was even done playing(exaggerating a little). that was the only problem with them their matches were to short so you didn't get to see enough of them.

I think I would have to say The Rock's entrance circa 1999/2000. I love every version of his music, the really purposeful walk and the way he's normally talkin' some smack as he's on his way down where I think 9 times out of 10 he says 'son of a bitch!' to whoever was in the ring...then the pose and the eyebrow at the corners...simply electrifying!

For the one single iconic entrance though I would have to go with HBK at Wrestlemania 12...coming down on that zip wire and getting mobbed by the fans just showing how completely over he was with the classic 'Sexy Boy' ringing out of the speakers around the Pond in Anaheim...just awesome

Undertaker has it in a wrap!!! You dont even have to pick a specific match.

I have a few fav's, HBK on zipline!!

I am a car nut, and live somewhat close to Detriot, A ford fanatic, and mustang fan.... All this and wrestling in one?? Although the burnout before he broke through the glass was about a 1 on a 1-10 scale....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCsJ3c6tGdI

I also like the one when he came out on the semi truck bed with Tradmarc DJ'ing.... Its on his first dvd set, I forget the match tho...

I am not really even a huge Cena fan

my personal favorite is SCSA's entrance, i remember watching WWF as a kid and loving whenever i heard the glass shattering and him coming out with middle fingers flying lol

Ohhh as far as pyro goes... I think on TV does not give you the effect of it at all... Pyro can make the moment when your there live tho... All that in a enclosed stadium, I mean come on?? Its a nice lil shot of adrenaline

I always liked Austins entrance from Wrestlemania 13 where the glass screen shattered as he walked up to it, he used it a couple of more times as well but I just wish it had been used more

The Brood's entrance was always very cool too

I think The Undertaker and Sting (from the rafters) had very cool entrances though, both very intimidating and mystifying entrances

Another one for me was the Road Warriors back in the NWA on saturday afternoons as soon as Iorn man would hit, now that would get me pumped the fuck up then they would come in and beat the fuck out of whoever was in the ring before the music was even done playing(exaggerating a little). that was the only problem with them their matches were to short so you didn't get to see enough of them.

That was actually the first wrestling I ever saw as a kid. Happened to turn it on just as Iron Man hit and I saw these bad ass dudes with painted faces come out and just destroy these two guys in a matter of seconds, I was hooked instantly!

Iconic: Shawn Michaels WM 12 against Hart...Zipline. The other one I would have to say for me, is his WM one against taker. Where he comes from heaven. IT was awe inspiring.

Memorable: Jericho's debut in WWF. Rock was cutting a promo, and the countdown began and BOOm there was Jericho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back