Become a better poster

They can.

It just baffles me. It's a forum.

If they want to improve, suggest taking English lessons. Or doing more research.

I'd like to be able to think of threads and answer to them better.
I also seem to be one of the few who like TNA so I'd like to maybe improve on that and post more there.

TM surely can't make you think of new threads?

The answers he could though, structure & all.

I'd like to be able to think of threads and answer to them better.
I also seem to be one of the few who like TNA so I'd like to maybe improve on that and post more there.

I really think that people love comparative threads. As you are a TNA fan, why not compare and contrast some of the existing talent. Someone made a fun thread comparing the recently departing TNA talent with the Radicalz. Why not something along the lines of comparing the Motor City Machine Guns with Miz and Morrison if it hasn't been done?

All right, I would like to post more on the financial viability of Japanese and Mexican wrestling companies. If you could tell me where to find such information on AAA, CMLL, AJPW, NJPW, and Pro Wrestling NOAH, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is not meant to be a smartass post. You said you were doing a paper on professional wrestling, so you might be able to find sources or give me leads.

If you have access to databases of journal articles there is a journal article that is on JSTOR that is about Mexican Pro wrestling. there is also a book that covers the role that TV played in Japan early on and that covers wrestling. I think it is called something along the lines of "A Nation of a hundred million Idiots..." It covers a number of wrestlers in there like Rikidozan and Dick Beyer.

Well Rusty, I think that me teaching you wouldn't mean much, as you are already a seasoned poster. I am aiming to help out any new posters, such as Deadman or anyone else who has trouble posting, and receive infractions in general. All I can say for you Rusty is keep up with studying a wide array of material, as well as become better adapted at studying information that you hope to specialize in.

Um what on the earth is this supposed to mean?

:whatthe:

You should only post for your own benefit, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of your posts. You're not here to entertain anybody other than yourself.

Reactions: OIL
^^

FACT

The words of wisdom of Y2Jake, former admin, aged 82.

I find this thread hideously egotistical.

I agree. Even if he does want me in the Bitch Wing :p

If anyone wants to be a better poster, they just need to follow the examples of the posts that are already there.

And ~~> :schild08:

How can you become better adapted to studying a wide range of material? (He said this to Rusty)

What, get a bigger brain?

Adapt to what exactly? LOL

If you have access to databases of journal articles there is a journal article that is on JSTOR that is about Mexican Pro wrestling. there is also a book that covers the role that TV played in Japan early on and that covers wrestling. I think it is called something along the lines of "A Nation of a hundred million Idiots..." It covers a number of wrestlers in there like Rikidozan and Dick Beyer.

Doesn't JSTOR cost money? I get it free through my university, and maybe he would as well if he is still in school, but I was under the impression you had to pay.

He should look to see if his University (I cant remember if he was done or still in it) has access to JSTOR then.

I still think my way is easier, make fun of a couple children, call an old mod a waste of space, and so much more... Who needs good posts for that? I sure as hell didn't.

Doesn't JSTOR cost money? I get it free through my university, and maybe he would as well if he is still in school, but I was under the impression you had to pay.

JSTOR is only available to institutions (that is to say, they don't offer subscriptions to individuals). My local library has it (as did my university, but those bastards deactivated my access to online resources). I'll go check there. Thanks for the heads up.

There are a few other similar collections out there. they can be great, although my University's library can be horrendous to search through online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back