Become a better poster

All right, I would like to post more on the financial viability of Japanese and Mexican wrestling companies. If you could tell me where to find such information on AAA, CMLL, AJPW, NJPW, and Pro Wrestling NOAH, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This is not meant to be a smartass post. You said you were doing a paper on professional wrestling, so you might be able to find sources or give me leads.

Well I am more focused on Professional Wrestling in Canada as a form of entertainment and its relation to the working class lifestyle in the 1950s. But if I do come across any information that would help you out at all I would be willing to pass it to you.

Just for a bit of fun and games, sign me up too.

Well Rusty, I think that me teaching you wouldn't mean much, as you are already a seasoned poster. I am aiming to help out any new posters, such as Deadman or anyone else who has trouble posting, and receive infractions in general. All I can say for you Rusty is keep up with studying a wide array of material, as well as become better adapted at studying information that you hope to specialize in.

As for Deadman, give me a progress report on how you are doing with the Sting research. Any information that you find and would like to share, would like to clarify, you can bring it here, and I as well as others can help you with it and help you form great posts! Good luck.

A poster asked me how to make a good composite essay like Will's. Now I am not the best at this by a long shot, but this is some advice I gave him:

To make a great essay format post like Will, you first need to be passionate about the topic at hand. From this passion you will be able to gather a plethora of points in argument for your point.

Paragraph 1.
This is the paragraph where you really declare your position on a topic. You must start with a sentence that shows a brief overview of the topic at hand. If the topic is something such as Jeff Hardy should become the WWE Champion, you must have a position on this topic. This will be addressed in your thesis statement. After these two sentences, you will have a sentence for every point you wish to bring up.

Sentence 1.
Introduction:
The title picture on Smackdown has been turbulent with multiple champions holding the title for short periods of time.

Sentence 2.
Thesis statement:
Jeff Hardy should become the WWE Champion in this turbulent time for the title as he will bring stability to the title.

Sentence 3-5 or however you wish to have.
Jeff Hardy has proven to be a long term draw in the company and as champion he will create a single entity as the top face of Smackdown.

Jeff Hardy has had a long history of being able to perform at a high level without risk of injury.

Jeff Hardy would provide the fans with a fresh face which would bring change to the boring and overused main event wrestlers that Smackdown currently has.

Paragraph 2.
Bring back Point 1 for your first sentence, then provide proof behind it.
Jeff Hardy has proven time and time again to be a long term draw in the WWE and will continue to do so on Smackdown.
Over the past seven years Jeff Hardy has been a top draw on Smackdown while he was a face with his work with "The Hardyz".
*additional proof*
*additional proof*
*additional proof*

Now for Paragraphs 3, 4, and others, make sure that you continue these steps.

Conclusion Paragraph.
When you conclude, make sure that you bring all your points back and show that these points prove your thesis.

I hope this helps you with your writing. Remember, quality posts can help to establish anyone as a poster.

Well Pimpin you are a pretty good poster, but I will offer advice where it is needed. What do you wish to be better at?

I wanna be better at starting topics cause I think all the topics that I start(with the exception of Hustlaz Championship Wrestling) has either not gotten much if any replies at all or it gets closed(example:My Sonjay Dutt Thread).

I wanna be better at starting topics cause I think all the topics that I start(with the exception of Hustlaz Championship Wrestling) has either not gotten much if any replies at all or it gets closed(example:My Sonjay Dutt Thread).

Well I believe your Sonjay post was a duplicated thread. Just make sure that the thread is not created before you create it. If you use Firefox as a browser, you are able to quickly view the new thread you are creating and an option to view the TNA section. Before posting send, make sure that you click refresh on the TNA section to see if that topic has already been created.

Now to create a new thread, there is different ways to do that. As many people will be trying to create a topic such as a released wrestler, I myself stay clear of even making these threads, but if you have the chance, go for it.

You can try and create your own type of a thread with a theme. IC's Top Two threads are an example. Maybe you could so something like Pimp's Picks, or something similar, where you choose the wrestler who will one day become World Champion. Just don't overlap too many other similar topics.

Another sort of topic you can create is a thread with a wide viewpoint. I recently created a thread entitled "Christianity in Professional Wrestling" that took a wide view on a topic. Relating social issues with Professional Wrestling is a fun topic.

Now to create a thread with a lot of posts... people will typically post a lot to a topic that is easy to post to. You want 200 responds, make a Jeff Hardy should be WWE Champion thread. It might not be a great thread, but it will get people talking.

My advice is for you just to make threads, explain yourself well, make sure there are no grammar mistakes, and your thread will get respectable replies.

Got any pointers for profit?

I think i'm a pretty good poster, bar room stuff not included as it shouldn't be, so I don't need much work at all. But any tips, would be appreciated.

I got one. Take my lead, become known without ever posting anything readable in the wrestling section.

Got any pointers for profit?

I think i'm a pretty good poster, bar room stuff not included as it shouldn't be, so I don't need much work at all. But any tips, would be appreciated.

That is your first mistake. You Bar Room work really gives your true feelings. A good Bar Room poster can get respect here, leading to more regulars reading his work, and helping you improve in a loop.

A few select are way better.

And of all things, trying to improve as a poster. It's not a profession. Don't take it so seriously.

And they should turn to you?

No. I'm not one of the best on here. You're not either.

You're good don't get me wrong. But people shouldn't worry about being a good poster on a forum. They should just realise that it's only a forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back