• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Battle Of The Billionare's

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Vince McMahon mentioned the Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell feud this past Monday on Raw for a reason. The plan right now is to have a "Battle of the Billionaires" angle leading into the Royal Rumble between Donald Trump and Vince McMahon. The angle would culminate with Vince managing a wrestler who would face a wrestler that Trump would be managing. This isn't a done deal as of yet as both parties are still negotiating.

Believe it or not, NBC Universal approached WWE about putting this angle together back in November. Apparently, NBC is looking to improve the ratings for “The Apprentice,” which have been on the decline.

As long as Vince and Trump dont wrestle each other this could be good. I would enjoy the verbal battles between each other. I can see Trump having Foley as his wrestler. I think Foley will return for W.M. and it was Vince who fired him in the summer.

Yeah, I like the idea of Foley coming back on behalf of Trump, who could McMahon's pick be though?

Possibly Nitro. When Vince fired Foley Melina double crossed him. I thought Foley and Nitro might have a match at W.M. but that does'nt seem very high profile for Foley.

OMG. FKN KILL ME!!!!!!!!!! I know I'll prob get warned for spam here, but KILL ME!!!!! What a fkn joke. Pro Wrestling Is Dead.

If you knew you were going to be warned, then why post?

Personally I agree with Y2Jake, I think as long as they dont actually wrestle each other, it could be an Interesting angle.

This is going to sound ridiculous, but what about Rob conway possibly being involved in the match, possibly as trumps 'fighter'? After the 'your fired!' angle on raw this week,i wouldnt rule it out, would be a way to push him (i remeber hearing vince has always been a big fan of his and wants to give him a push due to his look, and this would ceartinly acheive it). Besides, it doesnt really matter whos in the match, its the fact that its trump/mcmahon. However, Nitro/Foley ceartinly seems more likely, especially with the supposed Foley/mcmahon match at 'mania.

Look, I can understand having another Wrestlemania at Trump Plaza again or some cross-promo stuff like that, but this is f***ing ridiculous. I don't know why the hell they would think this was a good idea. Slapping a comb-over with money on TV (who's already on a show with sinking ratings) isn't exactly what I'd describe as a recipe for product betterment. I hope this is one of those ugly rumors that doesn't get past the idea stage. I don't want another glaring reason to have to sit out Wrestlemania again this year. It's too bad that if they actually did have a match between the two that if Trump won, then Vince McMahon and his whole family would be fired...for real.

I actually like this concept. I agree as long as they don't wrestle each other, it could be cool. And Mick Foley (with Trump) vs. Johnny Nitro (with McMahon and Melina) could actually be entertaining with the back story it already has built in.

First K-Fed and now this? This is why I don't really like wrestling anymore. My interest in it has dropped off so much I only watch Raw for 5 mintues. How can Vince be so desperate for ratings that he will do this? Well, maybe Japan has some good wrestling.

First K-Fed and now this? This is why I don't really like wrestling anymore. My interest in it has dropped off so much I only watch Raw for 5 mintues. How can Vince be so desperate for ratings that he will do this? Well, maybe Japan has some good wrestling.
Word. I've been frequenting youtube like a mofo in the last few months scouring for indy and puroresu stuff. Same with other torrent sites and the used DVD bin @ Wherehouse Music. Just bought a UPW DVD w/Spanky and Kazarian and Royal Rumble 2003 (which had a kickass match between Benoit and Angle). I was a bit unhappy with the WWE product then...but man it is loads better than what we've got these days (then again, what isn't better?). I can't believe WWE has de-evolved to a point where Vince is pushing a war over a goddamn catchphrase with Donald "I buy my wives" Trump.

i like this a hell of a lot better than scrawny david eckstein vs aj piernisky.

^Why, because Donald Trump is cooler? Please, you're comparing $hit to $hit. No matter which way you re-arrange it or turn it around, this kind of stuff is all $hit.

I am starting to think that Vince is doing these promos, not because he thinks they are good, but because he knows people hate them. I think that if Donald Trump does make an appearance, Vince needs to make sure that Vince is the heel, not Trump. When they originally talked about Trump appearing, I wondered who the fans would side with, I don't personally like Donald Trump and I don't think most other people do either.

i dont care what anyone says that was an awesome segment..lacked at first but once trump came up and to watch REAL money actually fall from the ceiling was awesome...wow do i wish i was in attendance

damn lucky fans in dallas thats real fing $$$$ i saw a guy with a $100 thats like getting a refund of your ticket +$40.

I thought Trump was going to give us what we really wanted....Norman Smiley giving Vince the big wiggle.

this was a good kinda not have to do with wrestling thing, not like rosie vs. trump ( i dont count that shit as wrestling )

Once again the wwe's most important segment has nothing to do with wrestling.

WHO CARES..not every single minute of the show has to include wrestling!!!! iill admit it was gay at first but wen trump showed up on the screen and then the cash dropped it was awesome...if the show strictly stuck ONLY to wrestling wwe wuld b nothin like what it is todai...

WHO CARES..not every single minute of the show has to include wrestling!!!! iill admit it was gay at first but wen trump showed up on the screen and then the cash dropped it was awesome...if the show strictly stuck ONLY to wrestling wwe wuld b nothin like what it is todai...

you have to remember...some of us tune into to a wrestling program to watch wrestling and could care less about the rest of the crap...

you have to remember...some of us tune into to a wrestling program to watch wrestling and could care less about the rest of the crap...

and some of us tune in for the storyline and could care less about how much wrestling is in the program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back