Batista is a better actor than The Rock

sufyaan05

Dark Match Winner
I recently watched Guardians of the Galaxy.
(if you haven't seen it, watch it, it's very very good, on par with Avengers and completely different to the modern day Marvel/DC Superhero film)

Batista plays the role of Drax the Destroyer.
And I've got to say, I was wary at first but he nails the role.
Now, although his voice capabilities aren't anywhere near as good as say Bradley Cooper or Chris Pratt, his charisma on screen and chemistry with the rest of the cast is very good.

Of all the Rock movies I have watched, I don't think I've once seen him deliver a performance as good as Dave's in GotG.

I honestly think he might have been a better fit for Hercules as well.

Anyone else seen the film? thoughts?

Sufyann....I saw the movie last night and I can't agree with you more! I had reservations about seeing Bautista on the big screen but after watching his performance, I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, he nailed it. He conveyed his emotions well in comedic and dramatic times in the movie.
Yes, I would say Bautista is better than the Rock, who I believe is a bit overrated.

Now not to discredit Bautista in anyway because I loved Guardians of the Galaxy and thought he did his job well as Drax, that roll alone doesn't make him a better actor than the Rock. Succeeding at one role can be very big in terms for getting yourself established in Hollywood, but the ability to play other roles is what makes people talented actors.

The Rock is not one of the best in Hollywood, nor will he ever be, but he does have fantastic depth as an actor that allows him to switch from being serious, to funny, to even a little emotional at times. It's why his name keeps getting put into movies because people know he can play more than one role.

Bautista has an opportunity to expand his career due to this role however, it's already a lock in that there will be more Galaxy movies so his role as Drax is most likely locked up should he wish to continue with that role, it may be a stretch to say this but I believe that directors will give his agent calls for certain bits in films and should he succeed in those roles, and show he has the ability to act beyond Drax then I'll give him the nod ahead of Dwayne.

Bautista was actually pretty good in that kung fu movie he was in (even though the movie, as a whole, was pretty bad).

I have to agree though, Bautista was really good in GotG. He surprised me a lot.

I'm sorry, but David Bautista is NOT a better actor than Dwayne Johnson. Did Bautista do a good job in GotG? Yes, he absolutely did. But there is a reason why The Rock was tops in WWE and is currently tops in Hollywood. He is the proverbial "best in the world" when it comes to being a box office attraction in sports or in entertainment. Bautista has a long way to go to match the Great One.

Bautista was actually pretty good in that kung fu movie he was in (even though the movie, as a whole, was pretty bad).

I have to agree though, Bautista was really good in GotG. He surprised me a lot.

That kung-fu movie your talking about is "The man with the iron fist" Starring RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan. But anyway, I would say that Dave Bautista still has along way before he can step to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the acting field. The Rock is on a different level than Batista is right now in Hollywood. This whole comparison is whack anyways. Batista hasn't even had a starring role in a big budget film yet. Guardians of the Galaxy was a good movie I agree. But like I said a second ago. Dave Bautista STILL has along way to go before people can compare him to the Rock (or Dwayne whatever).

Check out Dwayne in Get Shorty and you will see some pretty decent acting. Not a fan of the guy, but have to give it to him. Don't think I have ever seen him in any other movie, so can't say how he does in an action role or beyond that.

Now that it's been bought up, how awesome would Drax have been if The Rock had delivered those lines!

I've seen Batista in several films. He delivers everything exactly the same. Better lines in a better film than The Rock has ever done don't make him a better actor and he certainly doesn't have the same screen presence.

its ridiculous. You compare one movie performance. Actually i also watch both movie. Both are good. I see all rock movies. He do variety of roles in each movie.

Last time I checked Batista's roles were all supporting roles. There's nothing wrong with that but he's never been the focus. The Rock on the other hand has been in quite a few lead and co-lead roles. Why because he has charisma besides 'big tough guy'

Guardians Of The Galaxy was cool and Batista was cool in it but he never was the main focus. Until he lands a lead role and runs with it Batista will be seen as inferior to The Rock

Now not to discredit Bautista in anyway because I loved Guardians of the Galaxy and thought he did his job well as Drax, that roll alone doesn't make him a better actor than the Rock.

This pretty much says it all. I, like most here, thought he did a great job in Guardians. Nailed the role even. It'll be interesting to see what is actually offered to him from this point forward.

James Gunn is an excellent director, this is most likely the reason why Batista seems like the better actor. Also, doing Hercules was a HUGE mistake for The Rock since anything Brett Ratner touches is guaranteed to be total shit (with the exception of his first four films).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back