No Batista Return In Near Future

He has said he doesn't like the current product of the WWE. He believes it's too tame. I'm not sure if he was joking or not, but it was in an interview I saw. It sounds to me like he prefers a more edgy style of WWE. I do remember when he was bleeding and the ref tried to get him to use a towel and he batted it away. I think since then he was probably thinking, give me a freakin break. lol

He's perfectly content doing his things outside of the squared circle. From what I understand he has zero interest in coming back. Who knows though.

Personally I don't want to see him back. Though it would be pretty cool to see him matched up against Ryback.

It would be good if he returned, he's a genuine powerhouse. I never liked him when he turned heel, it just doesn't suit him, however his first stint in WWE as a heel in Evolution was pretty badass!

I heard he was training in MMA so I didn't think he would be returning soon but now that he's landed a big role in a film,it probably will be another while til we see him return, that's if he returns at all.

Who seriously thought he'd ever return? atleast in the current climate, like the Rock and Austin in the past he can do what he wants outside of the WWE banner (doesn't have to asnwer to them) and has landed a few movie roles which is a damn site better working conditions then physically busting your ass.

Would it be good to see him back, yeah. Will it matter either way? no.

Until Marvel want to cross promote for the movie... then of course he'll be back to promote it... His WWE stance is admirable for it's honesty, but of course the irony is he's just signed for the "cartoony" franchise of the Marvel Movie Universe...owned by the House Of Mouse...

I am pleased for the guy, he was pretty good in Man With The Iron Fists and this role seems made for him (it was him or Jason "Khal Drogo" Momoa but am guessing Dave was cheaper, which fits Marvel)

He had run his course when he left, he had been reduced to whining in a wheelchair - so he got out at the right time and I never saw him as a guy who would keep returning for short runs, maybe one big run in a year or two when things get a bit more mature and that's it.

It would be good if he returned, he's a genuine powerhouse. I never liked him when he turned heel, it just doesn't suit him, however his first stint in WWE as a heel in Evolution was pretty badass!

I heard he was training in MMA so I didn't think he would be returning soon but now that he's landed a big role in a film,it probably will be another while til we see him return, that's if he returns at all.

His MMA lasted 1 fight which he barely survived against a nobody, then the couldn't get a contract with Strikeforce which was purchased by UFC, certainly wasn't a good look, anyone can youtube Dave Bautista MMA debut.

Maybe he will make a name for himself in movies, he certainly has the look of an Arnie style action star and yeah if that all fails WWE will take him back within the next few years for a swansong, but he is almost 44 so don't expect much

Batista was surprisingly good in The Man with the Iron Fists. Say what you want about "The Animal," but he's a charismatic dude and he has some chops. He also, reportedly, beat out Jason Momoa for the role (Game of Thrones, Conan, etc.) which leads me to believe that Batista is honing and improving his craft.

This reminds me (in a "stretched" sense) of when The Rock left for The Mummy Returns. A small, yet pivotal part in a big Hollywood movie at the time led to what is now a massively impressive career. Same for Dave? No way, but I think that if (and when) he returns to wrestling, he will be bringing with him some mainstream credibility. This is good for all in the long run. I don't expect Batista to return as a full-time guy by any means, but WWE loves a good part-time, Wrestlemania run and WM31-32 could see the return of SUPERSTAR Dave Batista.

He has said he doesn't like the current product of the WWE. He believes it's too tame. I'm not sure if he was joking or not, but it was in an interview I saw. It sounds to me like he prefers a more edgy style of WWE. I do remember when he was bleeding and the ref tried to get him to use a towel and he batted it away. I think since then he was probably thinking, give me a freakin break. lol

I also read the various interviews Batista gave and I don't buy into it. Batista didn't seem to have any trouble with the direction of WWE when he was winning World Championships and making $500,000 for his WrestleMania matches. I think Batista was more concerned about potentially losing his spot to some of these much younger, healthier and better wrestlers in the company and on their way up. Personally, I wouldn't take 20 Batistas for one Daniel Bryan or CM Punk.

I've got no problem whatsoever if Batista never returns to WWE. He was massively overrated, wasn't all that good in the ring and was atrocious on the mic. The company hasn't been hurt in the least by his absence.

As far as his acting career goes, I'm legitimately happy for him. He seems to be finding success in Hollywood and playing Drax The Destroyer in a big budget Marvel Comics film is a huge feather in his cap. It's a good role for him because he has a good look for the character. From what I understand, the character in modern times has undergone a transformation in which he doesn't look like he's related to The Hulk.

Personally I never cared for Batista. I thought that he was sloppy in the ring, terrible on the mic and had all the personality of tomato soup. That being said I am happy that his acting career is going well and he is getting great opportunities to expand his field of work and will not be back to wrestling, hopefully ever.

First of all I'm happy that Batista was able to score such a huge role. He had been struggling to find one and with his sloppy MMA debut his future was still uncertain. As for not returning, I dont think thats a surprise to anyone. He's obviously displeased with the route WWE has gone and he's been smart enough to stay away from a product that doesnt suit his brand. I have a problem with people who are more than willing to take Vince's money and then bitch and moan on every medium available to them about the product instead of taking the initiative of trying to change the direction of the business. We dont have guys with the kind of bravery and ingenuity that Steve Austin or Shawn Michael's had. In the new corporate world of the WWE that probably wouldn't be too welcome either. So I have a ton of respect for Batista for going his own way.

Batista is one of the few guys who legitimately looks like a CHAMPION.

A lot of the guys who think like me get heat for these comments because people consider them knocks on Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, but that's far from the truth. Guys like Punk and Bryan have a value in this business. They are top-tier talents who can put on incredible matches and make anyone look like a hundred bucks.

But the business wouldn't be where it is now if it wasn't for guys like Batista and that's just a fact. It's these larger-than-life guys who made the marks of yersteryear drop their mouths in awe. Hogan, Warrior, Yoko, Andre... Those big dudes made people feel like they were watching a showdown of superhumans. Guys like Undertaker, Kane, Cena and Batista have continued that.

Batista was really over during the beginning of his main event run because he looked like a BEAST. And although no one would call him a technical master, he wasn't too shabby in the ring. He has had some incredibly entertaining matches with Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and John Cena.

The guy is an asset to any company who would have him. He's got charisma, skill, and a big look. His huge look surprises you more once you consider his age. The dude's the most badass grandpa I've ever seen.

Remember, WrestleMania 3 revolutionized the business. People still talk about Steamboat/Savage as one of the top matches of all time, but it was Hogan/Andre that really sold the show. Overall, it's guys like Steamboat and Bryan who will inspire and transform the industry for many years to come, but it's guys like Hogan and Batista who keep the spokes on this wheel turning.

All in all, I think he has huge value and I wouldn't be upset at all to see him come back. A Rock/Batista match would be a spectacle a lot of people would pay to see, even if wouldn't be better than Bryan and Punk's match on the same card.

I thought Batista wasn't the worst in the ring and he had a great look. Loved his tag-team with Mysterio.

After the whole A&8's were revealed, my last lingering hope of seeing him wrestle again vanished, but I'm okay with that. Adding his age into the equation, we'll most likely not see Big Dave again.

But we still have a cheap souvenir to remind us of the good times.
Mason-Ryan-2011-2.jpg

I would of preferred Batista and Brock for WM. HHH said he can no longer compete due to his position but he knows someone who can and more your style. From there you could of set it up for a mma match or have Batista "know how to escape" the arm bar or something.
Also I would like to of seen him just destroy Ryback.

never say never. i know that's one of the most cliche and over-used expressions, but it just so happens to be true in the world of professional wrestling.

i like Batista. never really disliked him either. thought he had a really good look, moved pretty well for a guy his size, had some pretty impressive feats of strength, and had some very enjoyable feuds/storylines/matches with some of the biggest names in the history of this business.

all that said, quite frankly i don't think there's a lot of room for Batista in WWE today. not with Brock, Rock, Taker, Triple H, and Jericho all making returns. but maybe sooner than later. like Summerslam or Survivor Series. there's no guarantee that Taker, Rock, Triple H or Jericho will be around for matches by then. Brock might be. and i'd personally like to see Batista/Brock or even Batista/Ryback, as many have already suggested above. who knows? maybe even Batista/Ba-two-sta, er, i mean Mason Ryan. could be entertaining and even serve a passing-of-the-torch-type purpose to give Mason Ryan some credibility.

Honestly, I wouldn't care to see Batista back in the ring or in WWE for some other role anytime soon. I was actually a fan of the guy, but WWE doesn't need him, and truth be told, I hardly ever notice his absence, or the void he left behind (if any). The Rock will pop up every now and then, Lesnar will be around for at least two more years, Triple H is good for a few nostalgia pops, and Undertaker will come around during Mania season. And on top of that, we still have Cena, Punk, and Orton. WWE doesn't have a lack of star power problem at all, so Big Dave's presence isn't necessary.

As far as the movie goes, I won't watch. Batista was fucking horrendous in The Man With The Iron Fists (but to be fair, the movie itself was going to be a giant piece of shit regardless), and his straight-to-video garbage is much worse.

I just don't see him coming back as a full time wrestler. If he does come back it will be part time and only for big matches much like The Rock and Brock Lesnar. Besides he had a good 8 years in WWE, it was time to move on. It's somebody else's time to shine.

Honestly, I wouldn't care to see Batista back in the ring or in WWE for some other role anytime soon. I was actually a fan of the guy, but WWE doesn't need him, and truth be told, I hardly ever notice his absence, or the void he left behind (if any).

I agree. He could occasionally be entertaining to watch, but the sun will be coming up tomorrow whether or not he again performs as a pro wrestler. Naturally, we don't know what goes through his mind but when he claims to not like the current product being put out by WWE, I always had the feeling his real problem was that he wasn't being featured in the manner he would have liked. Plus, I got the idea he might have been hoping the company would have pursued him harder once he decided to leave. Of course, maybe they did and he enjoyed turning them down. Who knows?

As to his alternate career; I saw a short segment of some film he made in which he played a private eye, wearing a trench coat and portraying an essentially perfect, flawless human being. The dialogue he delivered read like one of Al Capone's henchmen.....and his acting was dreadful.

But, hey! If that physique of his gets him enough "acting" roles to keep him satisfied, let him stay away from the ring if he wants. No prob.

Really doesn't matter. If he returned than fantastic. He collects a pay-check and puts some guys over. If not than the WWE won't miss him. He is certainly not Lesnar or The Rock.

I liked Batista when he was at the top. I actually enjoyed his matches and thought he worked well as both heel and face.

First of all good for Batista for landing this awesome role. He is a alright actor and really he should stick to this craft! It be interesting to see how how he looks though. The weight limit for any MMA HW is 265(Batista's wwe days he was 300 bills easily.) But im not interested in seeing Batista return to the WWE.

Batista was a dick and a arrogrant prick in the E. I could see him refusing to job if he did return to the E to damn there everyone. I dont miss him at all. Wouldnt trade him for 30 DB's,40 CM Punks,.

His last memory was what whining in a wheelchair. But hopefully this acting gig of his works out!

His MMA lasted 1 fight which he barely survived against a nobody, then the couldn't get a contract with Strikeforce which was purchased by UFC, certainly wasn't a good look, anyone can youtube Dave Bautista MMA debut.
much

Come on man it is MMA a show with real action not like WWE fake shit I doubt if there is any WWE superstar who can survive that thing they were so much in fake world in their career that they almost lost the taste of reality and what it is to get a real beating from someone.

I am surprised that there is more than one person in here saying they liked him... I thought everybody hated him. Oh well, I like him too & I would like to see him back.

I don't think this movie means that he won't ever come back, if anything I think it would encourage him to come back for a short period so WWE can pimp his movie out. Spoiler sites have been on a bad streak as of late and so I could see him coming back to shill his movie without the main page or any other site reporting it beforehand. I don't think he'll ever return full time though, he may not even wrestle another match

Also I thought there were plans to reunite Evolution for a night or something now that Flair is away from TNA, I think WWE may still want to try that out if Batista would agree to it. I would rather see Batista back by himself, as a face, but I'll take what I can get here.

Won't happen.

There's already too many part-timers and he's already 44 or so. He really isn't important enough to warrant bringing him back. I wouldn't have minded Shield vs. Evolution though, would have been so much better.

I like Batista as well. Great look, solid mic skills and decent in the ring. He had the "cool factor" down. Like a Nash who could draw. I'd like to see Brock-Batista at some point in the near future.

To tell ya the truth I never really cared for him in wrestling but I will say I care even less about Brock Lesner. I would of liked Batista vs Lesner and Batista go over rather then another HHH match.

He's going to end up like the Rock and Lesnar. He'll get a break from Hollywood or whatever side project he is doing, and make a brief return as a part time guy, either as a heel to put some babyface over more or as a face to take care of a major heel in the company. This works shortterm, as it increases buy rates for ppvs but it doesn't do much for the longterm except raise the stock of the person they help put over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back