Batista....really?

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
Various reports have indicated that Marvel Studios have been closing in on their 'Drax the Destroyer' for Guardians of the Galaxy over the past few weeks now, with Jason Momoa and Dave Bautista said to be the two frontrunners. Well, The Hollywood Reporter has now confirmed that the mixed martial artist and WWE wrestler Dave Bautista has closed his deal to play the character in James Gunn's big screen adaptation. The site describes the character as, "a human resurrected as a green warrior with the sole purpose of killing Thanos (the villain in the final-scene tease of Avengers). His powers include flight, super-strength and energy blasts." Bautista joins Chris Pratt (Star-Lord) in the movie which is currently set to be released on August 1st, 2014.

source: comicbookmovie.com

Was hoping Momoa would get the role, he's been pretty good in Game of Thrones. But this is definitely a big role for Batista, let's see if he delivers!

Great choice.

...as long as he doesn't have to speak. I have never read a single issue of GOTG so I don't have a clue what any of these characters are suppose to be like. I just know from the moment this film was announced it's been the comic book film I'm least looking forward too.

...as long as he doesn't have to speak. I have never read a single issue of GOTG so I don't have a clue what any of these characters are suppose to be like. I just know from the moment this film was announced it's been the comic book film I'm least looking forward too.

He's pretty much restricted to Hulk-like talking (I.E. Goofy and dim sounding) so Batista should be fine.

Was hoping Momoa would get the role, he's been pretty good in Game of Thrones.
You obviosly never seen his performance in Conan the Barbarian...

Good for Batista. Watched him as Brass Body in "The Man with the Iron Fists" and he wasnt that terrible...

Batista isn't a bad actor, but so far he has made bad film choices. Give him something decent to work with and I think he'd excel.

It'll be cool to see him, but it doesn't really move the needle for me too much one way or the other as a casting decision. It's not Shakespeare, though, I'm sure he'll do a fine job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back