Best MCU Movie

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
In 2008, a movie came out that would change the scope of cinema for all time. That movie was called Iron Man. Although we had enjoyed superhero/comic book movies before, this one was different. This one was apart of a universe of movies within their own continuity. I'm not talking about sequels and so forth, I'm talking about very different movies with very different characters all sharing the same stories inside one massive continuity.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is what it would come to be known as and it has been very successful. It's worked so well that Marvel's number one rival, DC, has created it's own cinematic continuity. It's become so successful that, now more than ever, being a comic book fan is cool. Everybody knows who Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and the Hulk are. Honestly, before the MCU, these characters were not popular Marvel characters at all. Spiderman, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four were Marvel's most popular characters. Not anymore though. Now, the characters in the MCU are among the most popular fictional characters in pop culture today. I mean, the Avengers were nowhere near as popular as the Justice League. Now, though, the Avengers are probably more popular. Now, the success of the MCU has led non comic book/superhero properties to create their own universe. We're seeing this with the extention of the Alien continuity with Prometheus and other films. They're putting Men in Black and the 21 Jump Street continuities together. So it's influence is being felt in all of cinema.

So, with all of that said; what is the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

The films, to date are:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant Man
Captain America: Civil War

Next few are:

Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spiderman: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War

What is your opinion out of the ones we've seen to date?

So, with all of that said; what is the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

The films, to date are:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant Man
Captain America: Civil War

Next few are:

Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spiderman: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War

What is your opinion out of the ones we've seen to date?

Personally, I've enjoyed all of them for different reasons. But my favorite to date is Guardians of the Galaxy. It was such a fun movie that took itself seriously when it needed to while still adding humor. Civil War is next because of the fights and the fact that Spiderman and Black Panther were so well done. I'm really looking forward to Doctor Strange right now though.

My favorite of all of them is Winter Soldier. The movie itself flowed together flawlessly. It did a great job of tying in the first Captain America movie into it, as well as it left it wide open for the third movie, Civil War (which is also another amazing movie). Right behind that one is Guardians, Avengers, and Civil War, in no particular order.

Avengers 1 and Captain America Winter Soldier. One was carefully built superhero dream team with Whedon in charge and other was just great action overall. "Guardians" are fun also, didnt expected that much fun from characters I didnt know nothing about and I like them all and thought they were great characters, even Batistas part. Everybody is so awe for Civil War but didnt like it that much. It was good but I rooted for Iron Man and found Captain side unreasonable. Fact that he got away without any consequences and that they didnt have "cohones" to just kill him like in comics makes it even less attractive at storys side.

Personally, I think that the best film in the MCU is easily Captain America: Winter Soldier. It just took, not only the Captain America franchise, but the entire MCU to a whole new level. It's story telling was excellent, the acting, as it is for just about every Marvel film, was top notch, the action wasn't just mindless fun but actually integral to the plot, and it was shot beautifully. Every Marvel film since Winter Soldier has been trying to catch up and some have come very damn close. (GOTG, Civil War) Winter Soldier just took the already sky scraper high bar for MCU films and made it that much higher.

I think Winter Soldier is, not only the best MCU film, but the best comic book movie adaptation to date.

Winter Soldier definitely set the bar a bit higher. Most of the MCU movies are good, a couple disappointed (Incredible Hulk, Thor 2) but overall the consistency of MCU movies has been impressive. But Winter Soldier in a lot of ways took the franchise to a whole new level, and since then Marvel has seemed to go out of it's way to meet that level. GotG, Age of Ultron, Ant Man, and Civil War have all been home runs in my opinion. My favorite is either Guardians or Ant Man. They both dared to be something different than the rest of the MCU. Funny, action packed, and most importantly, they more than earned their sequels, whereas with Iron Man Captain America, Thor and The Avengers, we were gonna get sequels pretty much no matter what.

Here's hoping Doctor Strange can keep the MCU's momentum going. I think it will. The vfx they've shown in the trailers look like the ball-trippingest we've seen since Inception.

From best to worst out of the ones I have seen for me it is....

Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3

I have not seen Winter Soldier, Ant Man, or Civil War yet so they are left off the ranking for now. The best of all so far was the original Avengers, it set a new standard for superhero movies. Guardians Of The Galaxy is RIGHT behind it though, exceeding nearly all expectations I had for it and its soundtrack was the best movie soundtrack since Top Gun. Out of the three that I missed I plan to at least see Civil War, just never got around to it. I'm highly anticipating Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 more than any of the other upcoming ones. Thor Ragnarok should be awesome as well.

From best to worst out of the ones I have seen for me it is....

Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3

I have not seen Winter Soldier, Ant Man, or Civil War yet so they are left off the ranking for now. The best of all so far was the original Avengers, it set a new standard for superhero movies. Guardians Of The Galaxy is RIGHT behind it though, exceeding nearly all expectations I had for it and its soundtrack was the best movie soundtrack since Top Gun. Out of the three that I missed I plan to at least see Civil War, just never got around to it. I'm highly anticipating Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 more than any of the other upcoming ones. Thor Ragnarok should be awesome as well.

I totally forgot I was gonna rank them all. Good job reminding me, although you have Thor 2 ranked Dayyyyyy too high.

1.Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Ant Man
5. Winter Soldier
6. Age of Ultron
7. Civil War
8. Thor
9. Captain America
10. Iron Man 3
11. Iron Man 2
12. Thor 2
13. The Incredible Hulk

If I were you, I'd get around to watching the ones you missed, Dagger. They're literally the best comic book movies ever made. As for ranking them, good on you. I think I'll do the same.

1. CA: Winter Soldier
2. CA: Civil War
3. Avengers
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Iron Man
6. Avengers: Age of Ultron (Idk why people rag on this)
7. Ant Man
8. CA: First Avenger
9. Thor
10. Iron Man 3
11. Thor: The Dark World
12. Incredible Hulk
13. Iron Man 2

Up until now it was Guardians of the Galaxy, since it was the biggest suprise (some C level heroes getting a movie?), it was fun, it had action, it set the bar even higher for the Marvel Universe and had some great visuals and effects.

But now, it's definately Civil War. It had everything. Complex, well-put, interesting plot. Drama. Surprises. Action. New characters. Definately the #1 for me.

If I were to make a ranking, it would be this:

1) CA: Civil War
2) Guardians of the Galaxy
3) The Avengers
4) CA: Winter Soldier
5) Ironman
6) Avengers: AoU
7) The Incredible Hulk
8) Ironman 3
9) Thor
10) Antman
11) Captain America
12) Thor 2
13) Ironman 2

Needless to say that I have HUGE expectations for the upcoming movies, especially Thor 3 which is hyped way too much and Spiderman, because it's Spiderman and he deserves the right film.

I'm sure Panther, Strange and Guardians will be fine, too. It just seems impossible for Marvel to produce something bad at this point, especially when you have had an 8-year build up.

Guardians 2 is gonna be amazing. Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell are both gonna be it. You guys, we're finally getting our Tango & Cash reunion!!

This is an old thread that I wanted to bump because we've had some new entries into the MCU since this thread was made.

So has anyone's favorite MCU movies changed in recent months? I believe we've had 3 come out since this thread was made. Damn they make a lot of movies and fast.

My answer is not really a movie but I found The Daredevil Netflix series to be the most compelling of the MCU properties.

Movie wise the first Guardians of the Galaxy still has my #1 spot. It was an unexpected surprise and I felt like the movie had more freedom to do it's thing.

I haven't seen all of them so it would not be fair of me to do another ranking like I did in my previous post in this topic. I still need to see Civil War, Winter Soldier, Ant Man, Spiderman Homecoming, and Dr Strange. If I were to rank again all the of the films I have seen then my list would look about the same, only Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 would join the original Guardians and the original Avengers in my top tier. It was an awesome film and I really enjoyed it. When I have the time for it I really should get around to catching up. I have really liked most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back